Prisoner of Malice

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby cherbarina » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:00 am

“Sire, I respect your decision but I do wish you would reconsider. I do not know why but I feel that your heir is not safe. I would take him away from here and hide him until he is of age.”<BR>“NONSENSE. There is no safer place than inside the walls of my castle. Including anywhere that you might take him.”<BR>Sirithheru turned away distressed, she did not want to disobey her King but she knew that something would happen to the baby prince. She started heading off to her room to think it over when the Kings servant entered.<BR>“If you’ll forgive me Sire, I overheard your conversation. I think it would be wise to let the Sorceress take the young prince away. I feel a sense of evil growing stronger everyday, even in the grounds of your castle.”<BR>The King stood up, enraged at having his decisions questioned. Then all of a sudden he sat back down, his rage gone. He began talking, so quietly that Sirithheru and his servant, Quellen had to lean close to hear.<BR>“How is it that I have ruled a kingdom for many years, fought off armies, avoided disaster countless times yet I can’t keep my own son safe?”<BR>Sirithheru felt for the King and tried to reassure him. <BR>“I would do everything in my power to keep him safe and I could transport you to visit him, so he would know his parents.”<BR>Rather than saying anything, the King waved his hand to dismiss the two as he nodded his head in approval.<BR><BR>It was nearly midnight when Sirithheru and the baby prince were ready to leave. She stepped back and allowed the boys parents to say goodbye once again. She gently strapped him to her; careful not to wake him then mounted her horse and galloped away. As the drawbridge was being lowered, she looked back one more time and to her shock, she saw another body, hidden behind the king. This was meant to be a secret journey. She could not turn back now, as it would take too long for her to get clearance to enter. She would have to find out about the mysterious one some other way.<BR><BR>After two hours of heavy riding, Sirithheru heard someone approaching. Slowing down, she turned her horse to face them hoping that there would be no fight. She was surprised to see a young women coming towards her. <BR>“Please Miss, if you are Sirithheru allow me to accompany you on your journey.”<BR>Sirithheru was not expecting such a comment.<BR>“What do you know of my journey? It is an important one known by few.”<BR>The girl seemed embarrassed by this then gathered her courage and answered,<BR>“I…I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, heard of the purpose and wish to help…”<BR>Sirithheru interrupted her…<BR>“So it was you in the courtyard?”<BR>“No…I was cleaning out the Kings chamber’s, no one saw me. Mother didn’t agree to me leaving so I had to wait until I could sneak out.”<BR>This confused the sorceress…<BR>“Answer me this then, how is it that you have caught up with me? My horse is one of the fastest in the kingdom and I was riding hard.”<BR>“I am able to transport myself, it is something I have never understood but something I could always do. If you would approve I would like more than anything to be your apprentice.”<BR>“I cannot answer you that right now, how about you come with me for a while and I will see how you manage, in both the art and in my company before I make a formal decision.”<BR>The young women seemed to agree with this and so they rode off once again.
User avatar
cherbarina
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:03 pm
Top

Postby Lady-Greenleaf » Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:32 pm

Eilerin sat crouched over the small fire she had managed to make. Her golden hair was drenched in sweat from her flight where her friend Horace had been sheltering her. She had been arrested for raiding the highways, Horace had been able to free her, and had been running ever since. But she had lost her pursuers, after all, no one knew these forests better than her. Eilerin smirked at the thought. She held her calused hands up to the fire in attempts to warm herself. The sword she carried rested comfortable in the scabbard at her side, while daggers and knives were hidden in various compartments. <BR><BR>Suddenly, Eilerin caught the sound of an approaching rider. Hurriedly she stomped out her small fire, throwing everything about her into total blackness. With the sound every nearing, Eilerin threw herself against a tree near the road, crouching low and waiting for the arrival of the unseen rider.<BR>Eilerin bit her lower lip, praying they had not found her. She took the sword from its scabbard, prepared for a fight at any moment.<BR><BR>The horse had slowed to something that was less than a trot. Good, these were not officals that were searching for her. But then if these were simple travelers, then there was hope in making some money. Though this would require stealth. On her own, force would be impossible. Waiting until she was passed by, Eilerin saw two women, with a young child, not more than a baby. Moving silently behind the slow moving horse, Eilerin quickly snatched the money pouch from the younger woman and ran to the opposite direction.<BR><BR>But before Eilerin could get more than five feet away it was like her feet had been pulled out from underneath her and she was sent on her back by an unseen force. She groaned in pain as her head hit a rock. Somehow she knew it was more than fate that she tripped. Without given time to get up an run, Eilerin found herself staring down the channels of a blade placed less than an inch away from her throat.<BR><BR>"Give it back!" said the woman in a commanding voice.<BR>"Give back what? I know nothing of which you speak!" lied Eilerin. The woman threatened to run her sword through Eilerin's throat. She closed her eyes and began to sweat in fear. Then she tossed the pouch of money up to the woman. <BR>"I require the utmost secrecy," she said. "And I'm afraid that you must not be telling any body about what you have seen, but there's no way to make sure of this... but one."<BR>"Wait!" Eilerin cried. "Maybe I could be of some help..." she paused and looked over the woman. "You look of someone on a journey, I'm an excellant tracker, I know these forests better than any person within a hundred miles. And if you require secrecy as you say, there is none more stealthy than I. I would be eternally grateful, my service would be yours."<BR>The woman looked as though to be considering whether or not the theif was trustworthy enough to be relied upon on a journey as important as this. Eilerin closed her eyes, hoping for acceptance... and her life.
User avatar
Lady-Greenleaf
Petitioner to the Council
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:21 pm
Top

Postby cherbarina » Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:25 pm

Once again, Sirithheru was put in a position. She did hate killing, she usually avoided it, by using her influence over people to get her own way. <BR><BR>This was too important, to keep the young prince safe. She did not need tag alongs to slow her down or give her away. Yet she could not risk anyone talking about what they had seen. Sighing, she moved the blade so it no longer touched the woman before her, but still stopped her from wanting to run away. <BR>“Before I say you are allowed to go with me you must swear your loyalty to me, or you shall face a most severe death. Don’t think you can hide from me either, as well as my powers I have a great many powerful friends.”<BR>Sirithheru waited for everything to sink in, she didn’t have to wait long, however, as it was obvious the woman did not want to die today.<BR>“My name is Eilerin, what do I have to do to prove my loyalty to you?”<BR>Thinking for a while, Sirithheru finally thought of a test that would suffice.<BR>“Last the journey, without wanting to run away, take my life, or hurting anyone in my company.”<BR>Eilerin had to think for a while, if just lasting the journey was a test of loyalty it wasn’t going to be a stroll in the park. Still she really didn’t want to die right now, especially since she had just escaped. She nodded her head, to show that she agreed and moved to get her few belongings.<BR>“I have a babe riding with me so you shall have to share a horse with my friend here until we can get one for you.”<BR>Sirithheru made the sign to leave and rode off, leaving Eilerin to struggle onto the horse without help.
User avatar
cherbarina
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:03 pm
Top

Postby Esgalgondwen » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:36 pm

(OOC i would like to join you on your quest but would first like to know the story behind it, give me some info and i'll pick up the story from there...)<BR><BR>Es
User avatar
Esgalgondwen
Rider of the Mark

 
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:11 am
Top

Postby Theonethemaster » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:38 am

AWA: es, read the previous messages<BR>Theone (pronounced tea-oon)stood upon the bridge and waited, remembering the words of the seer:<BR>"Thus tell me the valar to say to you: If you wish to know peace and who killed your adopted father, the elf, you must join they who carry holy quests and kill they who carry evil ones"<BR><BR>He stood for a long while, sharpening his axe, when suddenly, he heard horses feet.<BR>"Halt tarvelers!" He said in a gruff voice, "Before you cross this bridge <BR>You must tell me, is your quest holy, of evil."<BR><BR>Sirithheru said, "it is none of your bussiness now step aside dwarf!"<BR>"I shall not step aside! And since you graurd your quest so ruffly, I take it that it is evil!" He took out his axe. But Elirin said, "It is holy master dwarf! Now may I please cross?"<BR>Yes, If you take me with you. for I was told to "join they who carry holy quests" Now what is you judgement madam?" Here he dropped his axe and whipped out a long bow<BR>"My father was an elf! IF you even think about transporting away, my arrow will follow!"<BR><BR>Then the dwarf fell on the ground laughing. "I am a bad shot! Do not worry!"<BR>He quickly got up and said, "nay, I won't hurt you! But I must go with you. To find peace I must join those who carry holy quests."
User avatar
Theonethemaster
Citizen of Imladris
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:12 am
Top

Postby cherbarina » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:44 pm

For something that was meant to be a secret journey, things were becoming ridiculous. Sirithheru had somehow managed to pick up three extra travelers, was she a magnet or something. If she wasn’t careful, she would pick up a group the size of a small army before she reached her destination. Hopefully the four of them didn’t attract too much attention. It could be better as the evil would be expecting her to be traveling alone. Well she had enough power to hide them all if necessary, but she didn’t want to resort to such a desperate measure. She would see how things went, her main concern was keeping the young prince safe and she would do just that. Whatever it took.
User avatar
cherbarina
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:03 pm
Top

Postby Molpadia* » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:18 am

Molpadia watched silently from the tree line, she could easily lip read even in the moon light, the darkness around her more of a comfort then a hinderence...<BR>She smiled cruely the smile not reaching her dark eyes, this was the one, the woman on the horse... she was the one...<BR>Molpadia melded into the shadows, her facial tattoos and black hair making her seemingly dissapear amongst the trees...<BR>She new not who the other members of the party were, but that matterd little, they were mere toys that she could play with...<BR>" Play time" She whispered to her self...<BR>This time her cruel smile illuminated into her eyes
User avatar
Molpadia*
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:18 am
Top

Postby Theonethemaster » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:27 am

Then the dwarf stood up and looked.<BR>He said, " unless I am alone, I never stay in one place. evil...I know evil. I know how it thinks. We should depart."<BR>He slings his bow over his sholder. He walks into the trees a bit, and brings out a horse.<BR>"horses make alot of noise. But I have trained mine to hide."<BR>The other travers saw him get an amulet out of his pack and put it around his neck and under his mail.<BR>"lets go!" He said hopping on his horse.<BR>
User avatar
Theonethemaster
Citizen of Imladris
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:12 am
Top

Postby ThreadStalker » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:48 pm

This thread is beginning to fall below standards. I suggest a read through of the Role Play 102 thread to help you improve. The thread will not be locked, at this time
User avatar
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 6:00 am
Top

Postby Molpadia* » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:53 pm

Molpadia walked silently back to her waiting horse,<BR>" Time for a chase" she said patting the mare on the neck before mounting up.<BR>The horse shook her head as Molpadia reined her in, they took off and shot out of the trees.<BR>Molpadia was eager to get ahead of the travellers, she could watch them from the nearby village and stock up on supplies...<BR>She looked over her shoulder and saw that they were at least six lengths behind her. She urged her horse to go faster and she responded by speeding her pace to one that no normal horse could match...<BR>Molpadia smiled... she would cast her spell at the next village and watch for the travellers...
User avatar
Molpadia*
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:18 am
Top

Postby Lady-Greenleaf » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:02 pm

Eilerin ran somewhat ahead of the rest of the company. She ran her hand over the tracks before her on the ground. Someone had been riding ahead of them, at apparently great speed. Someone had been near enough to them in the forest for them to have been seen. The tracks seemed to go off out of the forest. Eilerin thought for a while on what lay after the forest. A village, whomever had been in this forest had tried to be discreet and were trying to keep secret.<BR>Eilerin looked over her shoulder and called to the others. "We are being watched!"<BR><BR>Sirithheru urged her horse forward to Eilerin's side. She peered off through the woods. "Or quest is known, but I'm afraid tis one of evil doing."<BR><BR>"You can tell this?" asked Eilerin.<BR>"Aye," replied Sirithheru, then she smirked a bit to herself. "I can tell many things."<BR><BR>Theone rode up to them shaking his head. "I knew there was something of evil doing."<BR>"I suspect that they've gone into hiding in a village that is just beyond the borders of the forest. We should probably avoid it."<BR>Sirithheru thought to herself for a few moments. She felt the lightness of the saddlebag, surely they would need provisions. Sirithheru sighed. "Perhaps you are right... When is the next town after this."<BR>Eilerin scratched her head for a second or two. "Not for a week..." she answered softly. "Well... Theone and I could very quickly buy provisions. Like shadows we'll be."<BR>"Be sure to keep unknown to all... We must have secrecy... You must not be seen," Sirithheru said firmly.<BR>"Aye, aye we will," state Theone.
User avatar
Lady-Greenleaf
Petitioner to the Council
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:21 pm
Top

Postby Molpadia* » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:33 pm

Molpadia jumped off her horse as she neared the village, if she were to ride in as she was, the villagers would become mighty suspicious...<BR>Molpadia shut her eyes and drew complex symbols in the air infront of her, all the while muttering words that echoed with power.<BR>When her spell was complete Molpadia opened her eyes and looked at it, mmm a little shabby, but it would suit her purposes...<BR>Molpadia stepped into the spell and felt it wash over her like a cold wave...<BR>She looked down at her self and smiled,<BR>Her usual travling cloths had been replaced by ones of peasant design, her horse which was usually as black as the mid night sky was now a chesnut brown...<BR>Molpadia smiled a childish smile of happyness and innocents...<BR>Her abilities had grown, and no-one could see through her magics...<BR>She jumped back on her horse and rode more casully down the hill, she waved her hand at the spot where she had stopped and her tracks turned into those of a fast going horse,one that had turned away from the village and headed back into the woods... that would do... Molpadia thought as she rode into the sleepy little village...
User avatar
Molpadia*
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:18 am
Top

Postby Molpadia* » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:43 pm

Molpadia rode up to the heavy village gates...<BR>Two guards with heavy spears stood out side them, there spears crossed baring anyone from entering...<BR>Molpadia rode up to them and stopped just short of them<BR>" Hello there!" she called waving, she jumped off her horse and walked up to them smiling...<BR>" What business do you have here?" one of the guards asked.<BR>" I am a servent of the Mountain king, he sent me to deliver a message to the lord of this land, but the night came swifter then i thought, and i have been lost in that horrible forest for days, i seek shelter and warmth in your humble village, and perhaps new shoes for my horse so i continue my mission..." Molpadia said submissivly, she shuddered when she mentiond the forest for emphasis and the guards seemed to by it...<BR>" Very well, you can seek a room and some food at the Inn of Trilo, and the blacksmith on the south side of town can stock you new horse shoes, the market will also be open in the morn so you can buy supplies.." One guard said smiling at her...<BR>" Thank you, oh thank you, a thousand times thank you" Molpadia said happily, she took the reins of her horse and walked passed the guards now uncrossed spears...<BR>Molpadia smiled wickedly to herself... that was too easy..<BR>
User avatar
Molpadia*
Shield Bearer

 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:18 am
Top


Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest