OOC: Search for the harp

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:48 am

Heehee. Yes yes! Random is good ^^.

Were you planning on ever having anyone find out what Rheia saw from Elias? I didn't want to go ahead with anything and waste/turn plot someway we don't want >< . . . Just wondering.

I think I'm gonna try to post without imposing on anybody else too much ^^;.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:07 pm

i like it elfy, and i don't think you've imposed. as i said, feel free to use rheia and the children, and with so few in our company, we've got to use each other sometimes too :)

Were you planning on ever having anyone find out what Rheia saw from Elias? I didn't want to go ahead with anything and waste/turn plot someway we don't want >< . . . Just wondering.

i didn't really mean for elias to show her anything specific. he asked if rheia would be able to tell what he was feeling or what sort of person he was, and she answered yes. i meant simply for rheia to feel what i feel elias is, warm, steady and calm

Still grinning, the maiden pulled her close and whispered in her ear. "The next time you see him, make him share his food with you."

it took me a moment, but when i got that i actually laughed out loud. a big resounding well done for that

so..are we staying the night at the camp, meeting more strange people etc, or shall we get chased out before our poor travellers even get a chance to rest? i have no idea what the two of you have in mind, and whether or not there is any more information you want to get, or things that you would like to add in here. certainly if they stay the night, there may be all sorts of strange visitations and dreams, but i have no problems with moving on either.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:54 am

it took me a moment, but when i got that i actually laughed out loud. a big resounding well done for that

^^ -blush- thankie . . .

As for moving/staying/getting attacked by random forces, etc. . . I have no idea. o.O Whatever you two want to go with, I'll go with.

P.S. --- Becky, if I don't get to talk to you before I leave . . *because I'm leaving for about a week, everybody ^^;* would you mind VERY VERY much switching your Acolyting day with mine? It's the week before your's is. I didn't realize until 11:30 last night that I wasn't gonna be home for it and I figured it would be too late to call, so . . . .

Just wondering. If you don't want to, give me a call and I'll call other people asking them.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:53 pm

i'm fine with whatever. i realize this is sort of a "i dunno, what do you want to do" response, but Cali and Elias are not the sort to be having visions/dreams...so anything i post for them in a dream would sort of be a space filler in my opinion, nor are they ones who would really be fearing an attack.

rheia could of course move things forward in this direction, but either you would need to take that over or i would need some direction on that...feel free to use Rheia or order me around :) :p

i'm fine moving on, but i'm fine staying as well if there's anything else you would like to put in while we're here.

*shrugs* i dunno :horse:
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:52 pm

Hmmm...well, I don't know how much longer we should stay there. We could do a number of things. Leave calmly, leave in a rush or in a fight or something (because of the people following them), not leave for a bit...the list goes on.

I'll up for whatever you guys wanna do. I mean, I don't know how long we want to stay with Rheia because at some point we should get going. I mean, we do have a quest thing to do. But like I said, I'm up for whatever.
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Iavasel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:26 pm

alright then. sounds like we have generally done what needs doing here and can move on then. i think it is generally inhospitable of rheia to shoo us off without even letting us stay the night, as i imagine that it is rather late by now and we've all had a long day, so if there are no objections i am in favor of spending the night, but of speeding through that and into the next morning, as we've had our fair share of "cali settled down to sleep" or "elias gazed at the fire" recently.

off to the sea then? :horse: (there ought to be a pirate smiley)

edit alright, just made a long post. brina you actually posted while i was writing mine, but i think i made everything in mine fit with yours, let me know if i didn't.

i liked your post though, good making cali suspicious. she really couldn't let that pass without a comment of some sort.

any corrections/comments please speak up
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:13 am

Sorry about that, Cali. But it all worked out, no worries. I liked you post. Really got things moving.

My post is a little short, and leaves off when they leave with the guide. I don't know exactly what I'll do with the package, but I thought it might add some fun to the story. If I can't think of anything, or if it doesn't work out, I'll just edit it out. If there are any ideas for it if I can't think of something, let me know. :D

Off to the Sea we go! :drink:
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Iavasel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:30 pm

Excellent :) I like it (the package), Brina. Perhaps we'll run into something later that we'll need something, and we'll open the package and that something will be it.

Wow, just realized how vague that was but ah well.

Alright. I posted.

I'm guessing that by the Sea of Aereth there are some little fishing villages at least or a port city or something, as we will need to procure a boat since i presume non of us has been hiding one of those for this whole journey... :P that leaves stuff open for us to play around with weird things and new people as we did here, and we can either sail this boat ourselves or we could hire a crew or we could obtain passage on someone elses ship that's willing to take passangers. all have a huge
potential for accidents and odd situations and people :) huzzah
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:19 pm

IM BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

^^ That was so awesome.

I'm gonna go read now, and get caught up. If I post, I'll edit this one.

Thanks for keeping on without me!

-hugs you both-
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:29 pm

hey elfy, welcome back. :) where'd you go? you have fun?? (i'm guessing that's a yes from your last post but you never know)
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:41 am

^^ Yes. I went to something called the Inside Out Soul Festival. It's a bunch of Christian rock groups over five days. I was in, like, eight different mosh pits . . . I gave myself whiplash too, but its all good =].

I have yet to post, but I'm working on it right now ^^;.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:51 am

....mosh pits at a Christian festival hmm :) :) sounds good though, glad you had fun. glad to see you back too

Edit
now, however,it's my turn to go away. i am leaving wednesday night and will be back tuesday night. i might be able to post wednesday morning if you need anything wrapped up/added before i leave. other than that feel free to drag cali and elias into anything that doesn't get them killed in that time :) :)
posted in the rp, let me know if anything needs to be fixed.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:10 am

Hey Beck, I sort of figured considering you came up with these towns, it would be good for you to describe them at first?

Heehee. I've just discovered our 'titles'.

Brina -- Architect and Builder of Cities and Geographical settings.

Cali -- Resident Docile Maverick and Comic Relief

Nare -- Random psychopath who somehow along with all the other characters built a plot and for some reason stuck to it :\. =P j/k

. . . I'll reread stuff and see if I can't try to post, but I do sort of feel it should be Brina doing this sort of thing . . . at first anyways, it is HER baby. . .
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:53 am

Cali -- Resident Docile Maverick and Comic Relief

I like it :)

. . . I'll reread stuff and see if I can't try to post, but I do sort of feel it should be Brina doing this sort of thing . . . at first anyways, it is HER baby. . .

Well, I feel that both of you are better qualified for that than I am. Cali and Elias being who they are and all.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:46 am

Hello all, sorry I haven't been here in a few days. Or, to be more specific, haven't posted in a few days.

Brina -- Architect and Builder of Cities and Geographical settings.

Nice. :D

As for describing the towns, i'd be happy to. I'll go post now.
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Iavasel » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:58 am

wow, alright. sorry that that took me so long but I finally posted. let me know if stuff needs to be changed. I think the crystal ball is a good idea though, Brina and it gives us a lot to work with now and later on.

thanks Brina for keeping this running by sheer force of will :) I feel guilty when I don't post because of you.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:25 am

I'm glad you like the idea of the crystal ball.
thanks Brina for keeping this running by sheer force of will :) I feel guilty when I don't post because of you.

Thanks. Hehe. That made me smile. :D

I think I'm gonna go post.

Edit
I posted. It's mainly focused on Brina because I had an idea, and I wanted to try using the crystal ball. If there's anything I need to change, let me know. And let me know what you think. :D
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Yay, beck!!!

I can't post just now; I have far too much work to do for school. But once I'm almost done, I will try as hard as possible to get at least a few good posts in.

P.S.-- I love your idea, Beck, if it's going the way I think it's going. Now we need to find Cali a special somebody . . . if she wants one, that is :).

Love you, girls.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:12 pm

P.S.-- I love your idea, Beck, if it's going the way I think it's going. Now we need to find Cali a special somebody . . . if she wants one, that is .

Cali is not looking to be attached, thank you, though some one in love with her would probably be quite amusing. I think I get my romantic fix out writing for Elias, otherwise I would consider it.

And I have to throw this in because i feel like this is part of the reason too that Cali is unattached in my mind, because i think I told you that I'm directing Much Ado About Nothing? Well, I found out two weeks ago that apparently 5 of my boys had a crush on me that I was totally oblivious to for the entire first show with them. but luckily one of them was the one I liked back (probably the closest to Elias in manner and temperment I have ever met) and now we're dating. So, there's a part of me that whenever someone is like, ooooo, look at that guy goes no, absolutely not, I don't need anyone else after that :) I feel like my life should be a movie sometimes, or at least a sitcom. Such a crazy life, really.

Anyway, I second Nare in saying that I quite like the idea, Brina. We certainly have a lot of material to work with now, don't we?

I will go and make what post I can. Anything that we should know about the sea of Aereth? Any sea monsters lurking about? Sirens? Sharks? Shrieking eels? Pirates? :P
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:48 pm

Thanks. I'm glad you like. :D I hadn't planned any of it, it just kind of happened. I was thinking one day about this, and I began to think about where Brina would go once the journey was over and what I was going to do with her because her just leaving and drifting around like she did before seemed a bit boring (I know, it's a bit early to be thinking about the end, isn't it?). It all just seemed to fit, and plus it helps you understand Brina a bit more because it shows you the one thing she wants in the world is a family.

Obviously I have too much time on my hands. Hehe. :D

Yeah, we have a lot to go on, which is good. As far as the Sea of Aerath goes, I say a good monster/group of people/thing to destroy/meet/bribe/whatever might do us good. Whatever you two would like, I'm up for it.

Cheers!

P.S.- I'm going to wait to post until probably tomorrow.

Edit/P.P.S - I didn't even realize you wrote Shrieking eels until I saw what Jay wrote. Hah. 'Tis a great movie, though.
Last edited by Teleri123 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:52 am

The shrieking eels!!!

^ ^ I love "Princess Bride" so.

I will try to post as soon as I get done with some of my schoolwork today @__@.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Mkay. Um....I posted, seeing as I would prefer this doesn't die.

So...yeah.

POST!!! :D
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Iavasel » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:42 pm

: )

yay shrieking eels. i had to, couldn't resist. glad you recognized it

good luck with your schoolwork. i am in a bit of a scramble myself to pack and get everything ready for school, but i should post..tuesday afternoonish. till then
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:36 am

>< guuuuuuuys don't kill meeeeeeeeeeeee . . .

VERY HOPEFULLY I will get done with the work TODAY! -triumphant pointing into the sky-

So! That means! Less promises and more doing!

And fewer short, concise exclamations!
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:08 pm

posted! sort of left the description of whatever this is open. :) i'm enjoying this.

cali
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:46 am

If it's ok with you guys and if you even want to figure out what it is. ..

What about a kraken?

**That's a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY big octopus/squid that sometimes looks a little like a dragon and played a huge part in Scandinavian myth -- it's supposed to rise out of the sea at the end of the world, actually, but we can omit that part :P.**

Just throwing stuff out there. because my works finally done!!!! Iwant to post, but not before you guys ok it ><.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Teleri123 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:38 am

It's fine with me. I think a kraken sounds like fun. :D
Teleri123
Shield Bearer

Postby Iavasel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:49 am

I second that, sounds really good to me :)
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 am

Ok! thanks!!

Off to post :D.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:25 pm

posted! let me know if stuff should change
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)