The retaking of Lebennin--ooc:

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:43 am

That is fine Proud_Mary :)

I assume he has some affiliation with Gyle? It will be good to have another soldier type guy along. He and Gyle will most likely know eachother somehow

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Proud_Mary » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:31 pm

Ass soon as i finish reading your whole rp i will figure out how to fit him in i think. I will let you know. For now my eyes are dead :P from reading whole To and From- although it was great fun. I'm in progress in reading this and its fun too :]

Okey Read already :D
I think if their still in forest he could just bump into them as Iorek did. If you think Gyle could use some help from little army of survivors i think Ordon might have some man witch him- but it depends on your future plans. Also I wonder whats with other players? Are their all still in? And if not - how we can handle so many characters? If you have something on ypur mind let me know :) Also I'm ready to post , but i dont know who does first post after this long brake...
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:05 pm

Kew, if you want you can go ahead and run in Gyle and company right now where they are.

Here's what I have in mind. The group is going to move closer to the castle to see what is going on, check out the lay of the land and whatnot. Whoever wants to come along from that point will be active.

For now all the old plans are no more, unless their posters decide they are active and want to go along with them. For now though we are back at square on going to decide how to take the castle back, so go ahead ans start running into us :)

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Proud_Mary » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:23 am

Wow i didnt realized it was so long!! In future i try to make it shorter. I hope I'ts okey...
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:18 pm

*gasp* Make them shorter? No way! If you can write stuff this long, I'd encourage it. It will only make you a better writer. And we don't want posts to get too short either. IF you want to make your posts shorter that is fine too, just don't do it because you think this is too long; this is fine :)

Good post, I like it. Very interesting style of writing. Only thing I'd say is this... if you can type your posts in a word processor that has a spell check. I noticed a few misspellings, which is fine, but a word processor will help get rid of some of those :)
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Proud_Mary » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:12 pm

I do :P As i realize my english is bad, word is only way for me to wrie :] But sometimes maybe theres similarity between some words - thats when comes mistakes. try to correct me. I will edit...this one is no word post although is almost 1.00 in morning here :P
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:33 pm

really? where are you form? I had a sneaking suspision it just might be a little trouble with english, just by the manner of which it was written. Just do your best, I wont get on your case :)

It really was a good post, I'll work on one of my own here and post it as soon as I can.

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Proud_Mary » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:37 am

Oldest city in Poland - Kalisz ... I'll do my best captain! :D Maybe i'll try to write more simple way...I'll see. With this Word processor it might be problem , because some words are similar. Example when I want to write " with" and I'm writing "witch" it wont be corrected because there is "witch" word in english. In my language there are always problems in using "H" or "CH" - because it is same in spelling. So that's when problems might appear... But I hope it wont spoil whole thing.

Going to breakfast. Waiting hard for your post :]
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Proud_Mary » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:57 am

Was my post so bad , that it scared you off from writing :wink: ? More serious , what's going on ? Is it dead again? It seems that i dont have luck for posts on this forum :cry: Say something , someone, somehow...
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:36 pm

EEE!!!

It's alive!!!

I think...

:);):):)

SO! Can I post? Can I post?!!!!

I won't post until I know for sure it's ok...I mean...er...my last post from in here was like...back in...december or january...

I have a question though.

Is this RP based on any certain book???? *cough* Heh. Yeah, a little late for me to be asking this, ey? *cough*

Anyways, if it's ok to post in here, again, I'd be happy to!

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Proud_Mary » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:05 am

Well at least Im alive :D But I think Quim should be the one to answer that question... :)
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby kaldaka » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:48 am

name: Trillian

race: you guessed it, elf

weapons: two long curved gondolin elven blades, bow and arrow, gondolin sword, and her elven powers

maritul status:still waiting for that "perfect one"

Training: ji-jitsu, dirty fighting, bow and arrow, daggers, sword, and just about anything else you can think of. After all she's been around almost 4,000 years. She's got plenty time to train.

Appearance: long black hair, green eyes that seem to pierce everything, very tall, and slender, and has one scar right down her right cheek that she doesn't ever talk about. Nobody knows how she got it.

Clothes: the shabby dress of a ranger, though during celebrations she will change to whatever's available

Temperment: fairly even, but when she gets mad, she really gets mad.
kaldaka
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Eriugeaf » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:28 am

OHHHHH!! I want to join!!!!

Its probably dead by now but, what the hey!

I want to be evil :twisted: !!!

I will be a very forlorn lovable character, who is actually totally different, but I am a spy for Mathias! The people don't find out until the near the end. Until then, I keep leading them on fake trails, trying to kill them. They think someone is following them or something but they aren't, it's just me!

And about the magic people finding out, well, I am afraid I will have to be very magical to counter act that. I have starry magic, a connection to the sky. I can send thoughts and emotions into stars, or I can cloak my emotions and thoughts with the power of stars, that's why they read me and it always comes up blank or srambled.

Anyways, here is my bio ...

Name: Faith (ironic isn't it) (Fae for short)

Gander: Female

Appearance: Long, straight, black hair up to waist. Bright, round, large, Dark blue eyes. Bony face. Full lips. Tall about 1.7 metres (dont know how many feet that is) and athletic. Flexible body. Curvacious, yet not enough to get every mans attention. Long legs. Thin, yet has muscles on her arms and legs.

Attire: Blue short tunic with slits on the sides. A dark blue belt with a dagger and a short sword attached. Hair tied back with lethally sharp pins. Daggers hidden in her clothes. Pale blue leggings and shirt with short sleeves. Dark blue leather comfortable shoes. Clothes worn, yet in good condition. (no rips)

History: Born in country. House raided when she was really young, taken from parents and put to work as slave for Mathias. He saw her skills in archery and use of swords one day when she was training with her foster uncle and friend, a gaurd called Thomion. He helped her grow up and took care of her while she was there. Mathias took her and trained her to assasinate people. She was really good, so he made her part of his secret personal gaurd. She served him really well. Was really good, but kept secret. She moved up to be Mathias'' personal spy. She investigates people who Amthias is trying to kill or get information on. He wants to keep an eye on his daughter, so he send in Faith to watch her.

Maybe she can pretend to be a poor beggar woman who they find on the road. She says that she was in a caravan on the way to town to sell her goods when she heard the demons attacking and she fled. They attacked the caravan (she saw) and she hid from them. She has been wandering for until she saw the fire and came over.

Eri :D
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:51 am

heheh, well, I am back from college, have been for a while but work and whatnot, among other things.

Gyle: Yeah right! enough excuses!

They aren't excuses, they are truths! fact I say! Pure and Irredutable!

Gyle: *Produces clipbaord* ahem! May 15! Got back from college! went to sleep! May 16! Slept more, claimed "Jet lag". May 18, started work, May25 ate breakfast didn't even give this thread a first thought! June 18 still no first thoughts, went to work, had plenty of time to write something!

Ok ok! sorry! So I'm a slacker! Happy

Gyle: a little more than I was before, but I still have this layer of dust that is making it hard to breath!

Fine! Anyway, this was a good concept I think, but life and just plane memory loss has gotten in the way of it progressing very far... That and we could never seem to really get out of the clearing. I'm going to write a little something I think, just to bring everything together a bit, but this thread is open again if anybody wants a go at it for another month, after that I'm afraid I'm back to college where I wont have any internet so this place will either be done by then or in for another spell keeping the boxes in the attic company!

Again sorry for not getting back here sooner guys!

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:34 pm

Just a few notes on recent applications on the off chance that they might drop by to read them... :P

Eriugreaf, I have no problems with your bio really, but I don't know if there is going to be time at this point for side trales, it looks like its a full on march to the castle so there isn't going to be alot of time for deception outside. Though you are welcome to try and trip them up anyway you see fit, so long as it doesn't send them flying to the four corners of the earth, I think I'd be back in college for my senior year by the time we got a plot twist like that sorted out.

Kalfaka, sorry! Your character isn't going to work. I'm sorry but there wouldn't be any elves at the castle. Upon seeing your char, I guess I should explain things a bit more. In this day and age of this world, men are the dominant species. That is to say that pretty much all other races have faded or been stomped out. There might be elves in the deep woods, nobody really knows, they may be rumored but nobody has actually really had any proof they exist any more, or ever did. Same goes for things like dwarves. There might be the odd troll or giant wandering about in the mountians but for the most part, there are only humans. Sorry I wasn't around earlier to give you the heads up on that. Also this is completely removed from Middle Earth or Tolkien, this is completely new land with a new map and new history, gondolin never existed. Still if you want to take part in this story, feel free to rething your concept a bit and re-aply, I'd love to have you.

Those are just a few things to point out in general I guess.

Anybody else out there is free to join as well! I will probably attempt to go ahead and make it a pretty strait path to completion just so that when i leave for college in a month this thing isn't still languishing. So Rpers Welcome!

~Quim
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)