OOC: Silver Rain

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

What is your favorite fantasy book series?

Lord of the Rings
76%
The Wheel of Time
No votes
Bill Clinton's Autobiography
24%
Magic Knight Rayearth
No votes

Total votes : 17

OOC: Silver Rain

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:37 pm

The story is this: A girl named Iavassilien is looking for her lost brother. Ireland is the setting, and yes, Dragan is the word for dragon in Irish Gaelic. I'm not very good with sentence structure, so if someone could help me with that, it'd really help. Thanks.

Iavassilien (or Ia, for short) knows that her brother's disappearance has something to do with a necklace she owns and the night sky. She needs people to help her find him, and find out why the constellations are so important to her history, considering it was the only thing ever taught to her before she and her brother, Dragan, were abandoned. I'm not entirely certain how this will work out, but hopefully it will be able to write itself. Thanks!

Post requests, then bios, please.
Last edited by Elf*Moon*Forest on Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby TassleHoffe » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:26 am

Hah, yet another RP? I'll think about it, but this search for the harp is coming along nicely now, should check it out.

Tass
TassleHoffe
Shield Bearer

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:22 pm

:bump: :-P

I was hoping some people would be interested . . . guess not . . . :-(

And Tass, I am too faithful to my threads! I just don't get the chance to work at a computer very often! :'(
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby salean » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:45 pm

This sounds interesting. Can I join? I'm quite new to RPing and have a tendency to be ignored by people. Or else the people I'm RPing with just dissappear. But this looks like it could be a good one. What sort of other characters are you looking for to help her find him?
salean
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:54 pm

Of course! Any character you might have would work fine, so long as its not a bad guy. Thieves, wanderers, magicians, anything can work out. Diversity is encouraged. Thankyou for the interest! :-)
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:13 pm

hello hello :)

my first instinct is to join this one right away, as at the moment i've got a bit of free time, however, i know that school is going to be starting soon for me and i don't know if i'll be able to make a commitment here. i'm wondering about the other thread too (although, doesn't look like Search for the Harp is exactly going to leave me in the dust any time soon :P) and whether I'll be able to keep up :(

and the character that i would like to include here is named Iavasel. Might get a bit confusing. You and I certaintly have some strange coincidences, elfy :P

anyway. i'll think a bit, find a different character that could fit in with you lot, and evaluate how much time i'm actually going to have.

*waves*

*sel

ps. oh, and salean, as long as this is alright with Elf Moon Forest, if you're looking for a thread to join where people won't ignore you, you're welcome to join us over at Search for the Harp. again, Elfy I don't want to step on your toes so you've got the last say in that, but the suggestion is out there at any rate
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:43 pm

It's certainly fine by me *yay!* :-P

Search for the Harp is still open, but the plot is getting to be somewhat tight-knit, so incorporating a new character might be somewhat difficult. However, I'll see what I can do :-D
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby *~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~* » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:11 am

I'm interested!
*blergh*
I posted "what is plot line?" in the main story thread with out even thinking! Much apologies! Duh! *hits forehead* It'd be in the OOC!
*~Linsul~*~Songbreeze~*
Rider of the Mark

Postby feaguire » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:57 am

Hey! This thread sounds really interesting! Am I aloud to join too?

I'm new at RP and new to this site, so I don't know much about what happens, but I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up quickly.

I'll try to come up with a character quick as I can!
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 pm

Ah! That classified section really works!

Thank you for being interested! Bios are welcome as soon as you can. Thanks!
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:30 pm

whew, good to see some interest here :) i can't wait to get this thing off the ground since it seems that with school work and what have you my other threads have slowed way down :P

Elfy, always a pleasure :P and btw, my interview this past Tuesday was sooooooo scary but I think I did ok.

anyway...I've posted in the thread, so here's some bios for you, hope you like characters that are a bit strange, because that's Cai for you. and i seem to have developed a penchant for male-female teams :) but anyway

Audrai
human female, mid twenties.
long dark hair worn in a braid and grey eyes
usually attired in dark grey or green practical clothing, long tunic, boots, leggings etc.
fights using a Claymore (long, double-hand broadsword) generally worn across her back and carries a knife or two other places on her person

Audrai's got a basic concern for morality, but doesn't fritter herself away about it. An excellent fighter with a brilliant sense of direction. Generally upbeat and ready for a good time.

Cai (or Faolteanga, when Audrai is in a foul mood and chooses to call him wolf-tongue instead of his name)
human male
long and muscular, with brown eyes heavily tinged with gold chocolate brown hair worn long and pulled back
dressed practically in browns and blacks, carries no weapons except a small knife
Cai is less worried than Audrai about morality, and is usually just on the lookout for his own survival. Cetar is a thin, scraggly wolf that accompanies him everywhere. Cai's face is always alert, even if his body position doesn't show it. More to be revealed later in the story...

Elfy Once Audrai knows the nature of your trouble, she'll be more than willing to help you. Cai, though interested in knowing your business will be less enthused about helping. The two of them are homeward bound after a long journey, but are in no real hurry about it.

o, and to make going to the thread easier
http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=82439
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:20 pm

Hi!
If I'm still in I've got my bio ready to go!

Talanya or Tal is a young wandering girl aged around 16 to 18. She can fight reasonably well though she is not very experienced. All her family was killed by evil soldiers.
She wears practical clothing - tunics and boots and things like that - in blue (thats all she has), and carries a small sharp dagger with her.
She has blondish-brownish hair and green eyes. She is small and quick moving and can outrun most people.
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:51 am

Hi! I read the actual thread, and so far I think its sounds good. I was thinking maybe my character could be in the inn aswell, just as another person having lunch or something. She could over-hear a conversation between Audrai, Cai and Ia and join them or something like that.
Its just an idea. I'm not sure if thats how you want it to go, but I thought it might be okay.

Feaguire :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:36 pm

sounds alright to me :) I can't wait to see this actually start up.

oh, an Elfy, I forgot that you've read the Wheel of Time. In that case, Cai's sort of like Perrin if you get my drift :D i'm trying very hard to make them distinctly different except for that characteristic though.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:46 pm

Cool, Iavassel! I guess we both like keeping similar names for our characters, eh? :-P

Yay! People are finally interested!!! I think I'll go check on the IC now. Thanks a bunch, peoples!!!
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:33 pm

hey!
im new here, and i dont know much about RPing, but this sounds really cool!
can i join?
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Iavasel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:35 pm

Elfy- I know it....it sort of makes me wonder sometimes....so many random coincidences, and i've never even seen you...I have this weird feeling that if I looked at a picture of me a few years ago, it'd be you. :P :roll:

KeeperofHearts welcome! (unofficially). huzzah for new members :) :)
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Hey guys!
I added a bit to the thread, I hope you think its okay.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:31 pm

looks mahvelous to me :)

ok and really, Cai's not as sleazy as he's probably coming across as at the moment
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:27 pm

I think we need Ia to cone into the story and say or do smoethin now.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:57 am

Reavan-
young elf
jet-black hair, black eyes, pale skin, curved ears,
She is tuned into Nature, and can call the elements to her when she needs them. Lately she has been haveing dreams of a young woman sobbing, crying, then she screams'" Dragan!" Then everything fades away into darkness, accept for heartrending sobs that startle her even in waking hours.
her magic is her weapon

Thanks everyone!
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Iavasel » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:47 pm

hey cool :) good idea. everything looks great to me. trying to be patient and let Ia post. :) I just get so excited about threads and like to post all the time. I'll try to tone that down a bit and let someone else say something once in a while :) :roll: :P
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:26 am

COME ON!
I want to keep going on this thread but nothing is happening. :pull:
Somebody say something! :argue:

feaguire :roll:
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:45 pm

something.
lol
i know, very old...
:wink:
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Iavasel » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:38 pm

haha, alright alright. i'll post. not tonight though because it's 11:30 and i've got school on the morrow but i will post either tomorrow afternoon or late evening. i'm like that too, but i've got so much going on in my life at the moment (seriously, this week just exploded at me) that i haven't been on any weekday this week. anyway. asap, i promise
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:37 pm

ok ok. posted :)

next!

um, again, please no one take offense to what Cai says! it's not my opinion of you, it's in character and it's only Cai's opinion of your character! i've definately gotten yelled at before for this so i want to make it absolutely clear!

anyway...he's not all bad..he's just very brazen and frank
serisouly, if someone talks to Audrai i think it will balance things out.

yes, sorry. Ia/Elfy, you're the mudwoman/noblewoman
Talanya/Feaguire, you're the soaked one
and KeeperofHearts/Reavan you're the last one

sorry! hopefully you're not too opposed to your epitaphs, i didn't know how else to describe you since we haven't "met" yet.

any one of you can be the one who's approaching Cai/Audrai's table in the last post, feel free to jump in. i think things will be a lot easier once we all "meet"

anyway, hope everything in that post was fine, let me know if you'd rather have your character described some other way or it you don't like something about it in general.

anyway...

now that i've written you a short novella between here and my last ic post, adieu for this evening

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:34 pm

Hi!
I just posted but I think I'll post again and make Talanya actually go up to Cai and Audrai's table, when she realises that Cai is looking at her.
This means me making Cai and Audrai say stuff and I may make them say things that don't suit their personality.
Sorry if this happens but I'll do my best!

Also we need Elf*Moon*Forest to come in and make Ia do something.
Where are you?!

Feaguire :P
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:57 am

Wow!!!!

So much has happened! I really do appreciate all of your interest! Thank you sooooo much!

And yes, all of your characters are more than acceptable. I'm so glad I always get talented writers!!! :-D

This seems to be moving smoothly. I'm typing up an IC bit in another window right now. If I don't ever get right back to you after you make a comment, I'm really sorry but there's not much I'll be able to do unless my mother breaks down and gets us a computer.

Thank you again!!!! This is going very smoothly! Good luck to all of you!
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:33 am

what is Ia's profile, you know, age, eyes, exc.
did i just miss it?
or am i crazy?
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Iavasel » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:04 am

posted!

nope. you're not crazy KeeperofHearts, because I missed it too.

Feaguire nope. everything looks fine to me. you've stayed true to their characters. hopefully i did too (for yours). it's tough to move plot without moving someone else's character a bit.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)