OOC: Silver Rain

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

What is your favorite fantasy book series?

Lord of the Rings
76%
The Wheel of Time
No votes
Bill Clinton's Autobiography
24%
Magic Knight Rayearth
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:00 pm

o____O I think you're right . . . I forgot!!! >.<

Name: Iavassilien (Ia)
Race: Human (lost race of humans)
Description: Rather tall, slightly overweight *not a perfect figure*, with bad eyesight, long golden-brown hair that reaches her knees, deep green eyes, and a sad complexion. Often seen in dark green full length dress, with knee high leather boots. Green cape with a long hood.
Weapon(s): none except strange abilities existent in her own people.
Personality: Normally rather quite but curious and cheery, after the loss of her brother suffers extreme depression, fits of hysteria, and an overall anti-social and frightened personality.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:25 pm

I just posted!
It is a long post but I am quite proud of it!

Feaguire
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:04 pm

ok, i just posted too...

haha i like that Talanya and Cai have a bit of animosity there. :) i always seem to have some character that antagonizes someone else :P :D
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:29 pm

ok....thought i'd clear up some things about my characters here, i've never used Audrai or Cai in an RP so i'm still sort of trying to get used how they work. sorry. bear with me

alright, so what I didn't tell you before is that Cai can communicate with wolves (and for those of you who've read the wheel of time, think of perrin's ability, except in just about every other aspect of personality cai is different) hopefully i was being clear about that in the IC, but if not there it is. Cetar follows him around, but it's a little conspicuous to have 8-15 wolves following you everywhere, which is why it's just Cetar.

additionally, Cai and Audrai are from the same kingdom. Cai used to be pretty high up there, but some shady business ruined him by no fault of his own (except ignorance), and he is in disgrace and possibly still has someone waiting around to kill him, if they knew he was still alive and where he was. Before his fall, Cai and Audrai's little sister, Epinel, were in love, which is why Audrai puts up with so much from him and feels obligated to at least make sure he remains in one piece. Nel, however, doesn't even know he's still alive.

sorry i didn't let everyone in on this earlier, hopefully i haven't confused anyone. thanks!

*sel

oh, and by the way, no one be afraid to be like you know what sel, you need to chill out and let someone else post. i won't be offended! i know i talk a bit! :P :roll:
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:29 pm

No way Iavasel!

I don't want you to stop writing because I love how you keep the story going in a great way! :)
Your a good writer and someone has to continue the story ~ it might as well be you! :roll:

Anywayz, I might post but I have no idea of what should come next. So I'll have to get some ideas first!

feaguire :lol:
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:35 am

I was just in the middle of posting the next part to the story when I realised something.
I was going to make Ia and Reavan introduce themselves to Cai, Audrai and Talanya, so I checked to see if it had already been done. It hadn't but I noticed that it seemed Cai, Audrai and Tal already knew their names.
Maybe I am wrong, so I am just going to go ahead and introduce them anywayz.

Feaguire :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:14 am

I just posted!

Yay!!!!!!

I think someone (either Cai, Audrai or Talanya) needs to tell Reavan and Ia that they think Ia is important in some way.

I was going to but I got to tired. :P

feaguire
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:13 pm

well, since Cai and Audrai were out fighting... :P this is getting interesting
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:16 pm

I just posted!
Hope i did OK.
Im not the best author....
*sighs*
and i tend not to have long posts....
sorry :oops:
but this story rocks!!!

~the keeper
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Iavasel » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:10 pm

no, i really liked your post Keeper :) you've said stuff about my characters that they themselves really couldn't logically come out and say for themselves. :) thanks!

um, haven't decided if Audrai's going to catch up with Cai now and bring him back, or if he'll meet up with everyone when they're on the trail, or possibly if he'll save help them out somewhere along the line and meet up with them again there...if anyone wants to swing that one way or the other, or if you have imput go right ahead.

oh, and sorry, I feel like I'm always having to clear up things I should have explained before, but Kent is Audrai's horse. :)
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:12 am

Sel and Keeper!

Those were both great posts!

I think Cai should help the others out along the way. Like I was thinking that wolves could come and surround them and nearly attack them, when Cai comes along and is the hero of the day and he talks to the wolves or whatever and tells them not to attack.

feaguire :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:16 am

I just posted!

A long one again!

feaguire
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:49 am

ok sounds good. good way for cai to make friends with these people without actually being friendly :) depending on how long we're at the inn for, he may save you on the road or come back to the inn with a warning that something is headed your way

the post looks great and you've solved the problem for me of what Audrai was actually saying to you when she came back in so that's great!

alright. i have to think a bit about how to construct my next post, but i should be posting sometime this afternoon
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:58 pm

ok ok, so that IC was a beast of a post, hopefully all of you can slog through it!

hope everything there is ok...

i also hope that you all got the chronology of that....any questions please ask.

whew.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:57 am

At first I was a little confused about the chronology, but I got it in the end! :)

I was going to ask you what Audrai was saying to the others when Cai leaves but I had a sudden idea about her making a plan and I went along with that, hope it was okay! :lol:

I'm not really sure of what should come next. I think I need someone else to post first. :P

feaguire
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:59 pm

nope, speaking for Audrai was great then because i didn't know what to say!

yeah...i was afraid that that sort of thing had happened. (not knowing what to post) my last post does not really leave something to build on for most characters...Ia's got the strongest entrance off of that, but if you can think of something to say before she gets here go ahead! sorry about that :( :roll: i realize it's hard to find something that fits in after that

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:55 pm

Just posted again.

Sorry! :oops: I didn't really progress the story, because I think only Elf*Moon*Forest can do that. But I really wanted to post something so I did! :P

feaguire :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:53 pm

alright, added my two cents...though my dilemma is much the same as yours
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:08 pm

I'm bored! :|

Don't know what to write! :bang: :? :pull:

feaguire
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:44 pm

I just posted!
Its Reavan, in her room. You find out what she's thinking. Longer than my other posts... :wink:
Thanks! Reavan's very perceptive, of course her powers help...it comes with the job. :wink:
I loved you're posts! Hope We see Elf*Moon*Forest soon!

~the keeper
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:22 pm

That was a great post keeper! :D

I still don't know what to post next though! :? :bang: :pull:

feaguire
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:29 pm

yes, excellent post keeper :)

bad news loves, well, mixed news sort of. Good for me, bad for my RPing. I'm going to England on Sunday and I'll be gone for a week.

sooooo...I don't know what to do with Audrai. It isn't fair to you all to have to carry her about, but it doesn't make sense for her to leave or stay behind :( :? it also doesn't make sense to attempt to find Cai again when she couldn't find him the first time and he'll be farther away by now. accidentally getting separeted for a bit might work, but at this point in the story that doesn't seem practical/realistic either... :( i don't know what to do with her for the week i'm gone! suggestions welcome! i will be able to post until saturday night, possible sunday morning so we have a little time to work something out. i dunno what though :(

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am

Good luck, Iavasel!!!

Knock their socks off! :-) :-D :-P

Well, then, that was my good deed for the day :P . . . Off to the IC!!!!

I'll post if I can, but its three o'clock in the morning where I am . . . Forgive if it's all tipsy and such . . .

P.S. -- IAVASEL::: Did I do ok on that huge post in Search for the Harp? Wondering if it made any sense. Good luck again!!! :-D
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:59 am

I got an idea! :idea:

Its just an idea, so you don't have to agree with it, but its all I got for now.

Well, maybe Ia, Reavan, and Talanya could wake up to find Audrai gone, but a note left behind. It can say something like
'I am worried about Cai. I have gone to look for him. Maybe we all shall meet again in the future.'
Or something like that. :P
Then they can just go on and do whatever they were going to do until they meet up with the wolves.
Audrai can find Cai (when you get back sel), and the two of them can find the other three and rescue them from the wolves .

I dunno, like I said, its all I could think of. :?

fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:29 pm

phooey. alright. i will do that then feaguire, since i can't think of anything else myself. it doesn't seem to make sense to me for her to ride off again looking for him since she couldn't find him the first time, but ah well.

Elfy, thanks for the good wishes! i am so nervous and so excited! eeep! four days in Oxford by myself and then two in London with my mother. I know I'm going to have so much fun, but I'm a wreck about the interviews too. Ah well. Either way I find out in three weeks if I'm in or not (which in itself is a scary thought!)

and yes, the post in the other thread seemed to make sense to me....i posted after you, don't know if you saw that or not. :) very nice. you've got poor Elias running circles in his head and Cali is pretty shocked too :)

alright...well everyone I'm off to work something out in the IC. If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow then fare well to all of you for the week! Hopefully though I will be able to post sometime in the morning if there is anything to respond to.

goodnight all

*Sel

*edit*
wow, thought i had nothing to say, apparently i did. alright some people mentioned in my last post (I am forever explaining myself, huh?)...should we run across them sometime

Epinel- Audrai's sister. blonde but with Audrai's same grey eyes, a proper lady of the court unlike her warrior-trained sister. epinel is very much the laced up, powdered, curled courtly lady, however she does have audrai's common sense if not her sense of humor. they are both fiercely protective of the other.

Eiflys (Eiflys-rai, the suffix -rai is a notation of respect/rank. i may change that since Audrai and Cai both end in similar sounds...but that's the difference at any rate). human female, auburn hair and green eyes, the captain of the gaurd. serious and clear-headed. she's your girl for getting things coordinated.

Queen Lilnyaen- dark haired with pale skin, very tiny. she's a good queen but a bit worrysome.

not sure that you all really need this information right now.....but in case we end up there at some point or if i make another reference to them. can you tell i've been with Audrai for a bit, even though I've never RPed with her?
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:37 pm

Cool!

I've got an idea of what to write next!

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:24 am

Just posted!

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:17 pm

good post!
i cant really post anything else right now, because they are about to find out about Dragan and stuff, and only Elf*Moon*Forest can do that! :)

but i was thinking that maybe Raevan could use her powers to find Cai and Audrai. Just a thought.

~the keeper
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:39 pm

Thats a cool idea! :lol:

I'm alright with it, so its up to everyone else.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:06 pm

Arrrrggggg! :pull:

Elf*Moon*Forest where are you? >-O

We need you to post! :x

feaguire
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)