OOC: Silver Rain

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

What is your favorite fantasy book series?

Lord of the Rings
76%
The Wheel of Time
No votes
Bill Clinton's Autobiography
24%
Magic Knight Rayearth
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby feaguire » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:33 am

Yay!

I think sel should be back soon!

Today or tomorrow! She'll be ashamed that we've done basically nothing!

fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:35 am

Gahh!!! So sorry!!! >.<. . .

I thought I'd mentioned this, but maybe I just confused stating it with my other RP . . . I only have internet access on weekends, so you'll have to forgive me if I seem to take a while to reply. Very sorry. o_< . . .

Gonna go read up and maybe post now. Hope Selly did well! ^.^
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:05 am

Its okay Elfy!

Its not your fault!

Or is it...?

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:41 pm

hullo luvs! back in the states and watching my accent desperately to be sure that my friends won't pick on me! :)

good to know i'm loved and missed :) and I see I've acquired a new nickname as well...Selly :) :P always good to read well wishes :)

i had a fabulous time and did reasonably well i think. now i just sit and wait and panic for the next two weeks (decisions are supposedly posted on the 17th, though that doesn't make it true, eeep!) at any rate being in Oxford for four days by myself only makes me want it more, having been there long enough to establish a little daily routine for myself in that city it would be hard to give it up. London was brilliant as expected and surprisingly manageable for such a large city (bigger than NYC, so I'm told).

wow. good to see and be seen by all, I am going to try my darndest to make a post tonight, though I do have an English paper to write and should probably work on that....but that can't take all night, right? It's only Oedipus. :)

ACK! Sorry. I'm all bubbly inside and had to get that out. :)

Iavasel/sel/selly :wink: :P
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:39 pm

Welcome back Selly! :P

So glad you had a great time! :D

Going to check the IC...

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:14 pm

YAY!
WELCOME BACK EVERYBODY!!

How come no one posted on the IC...we really need Elfy to post....

Is anybody else off for winter break?
I am, but im only going to be able to get on half the time, because we are going to Ohio, where my cousins live, and my parents wont let me use up thier phone lines, sinse they have dial up or wateva...

Oh, and what do you guys think about Reavan tracking them with her powers? and they dont know about Cai and his wolves, so his wolves could still attack them.....

see ya!

~the keeper
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:24 pm

I'm off for my summer holidays, which I guess is the same as your winter break.

YAY!!!!! No more school till next year!!!!!

Anywayz...

I would post but I really can't make up Ia's story because only Elfy really knows.

Like I said before, Keeper, I have nothing against Reavan tracking Cai and Audrai with her powers. Maybe, as an idea for posting, they could go and have breakfast, but before Ia tells her story, Reavan could track them down.

I dunno, its something to do before Elfy comes.

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:13 pm

Nope not off for winter break yet. I think our school has the shortest one ever, it's a little over a week and that's it. Not until the 24th.

Fea, where do you live that you've got summer holidays

*Iavasel pouts a bit that everyone is off while she's still working away*

I have no problems with Reavan finding Cai and Audrai with her powers, but I haven't decided the nature of the fight yet, so no violence yet! I think actually that I may have Cai get in trouble somewhere, and have Audrai find him and help him, and at that point you can step in and help save the day as well, because if someone helps Cai, he's got enough scruples to know that he needs to pay that debt back and so will stay with you, however if he helps you out of something, he's got no reason to stay as he figures that his job is more than done.

hope that was clear

also hope to post soon *ducks head* i know i know. i have loads of work to do though to catch up for missing an entire week of school :(

anyway. all sounds good to me. keep the ideas coming, i will post as soon as i can :)

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:55 pm

I live in Australia, Sel, so unlike you our school year starts at the beginning of the year and not in the middle. All the school students get like a seven week summer holiday over Christmas and New Year.

About Cai and the fight, I get where your going, and I think you are right. If Cai gets helped by them he has to help Ia in return, which is the point of this RP, to help Ia.

Its about 9:00am where I am, I never post this early because of school, but since its holidays...

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:09 pm

haha, that's what I figured. Knew it had to be in the Southern Hemisphere at least.... :P but that's very cool, living in Australia and all :) I've got some friends who are considering moving there because we all hate the situation in the US at the moment. (Sorry to any republicans out there :P )
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:11 pm

Hey posted finally! not that it really helps you that much since we're seperated, but thought i should give you a bit of time for you all to get some action where you are before we meet up again. anyway. sorry if i got a bit dramatic in any of that, especially Cai, I have a tendancy to do that, though I'm trying to tone it down! :) :) happy posting at any rate
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:21 pm

ELFY!!!!!! We need you to post!!!

I don't want this RP to die! I love it!

Fea :(
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:39 pm

Hello all.

I hope happy holidays were had by all. Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukah and Blessed Yule (hope I hit of of you!)

perhaps now that people are on break there will be some more action...that's the hope anyway. i know i've been relatively quiet, but i don't know how much i can actually do without you back at the inn moving a bit.

didn't get in to Oxford, though i knew that that was a very real possibility since the college I was interviewing at only had 8 places for English and perhaps 40 kids there to interview for those eight places. not all is lost though, as I am now looking a lot more seriously at my second choice in scotland, and actually one of the friends i made at the interview (who also didn't get in) is coming to the states in march and is going to come visit me, so that is all well and good.

anyway. hope to see you all here soon! can't wait to get this up and running again

sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:03 am

Gah! I'm sorry everyone!!!

Happy Holidays!!! Didn't get a chance to say it last time I visited.

I suppose that's relatively good news Selly, if you have a 'backup school'. I do feel bad you didn't get into Oxford though :( .

Is anyone else here thinking of writing profesionally?
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:28 am

Tommorrow I'm going campng for a week, so I wont be around. Not that it really mtters becuse this thread is probably dead anyway. I just thought I'd say incase we pick things up while I'm not here.

Fea

(Free the emoticons!)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:11 pm

Thanks for the sentiments Elfy. I was bummed about it, but I think i know what i did wrong so i'm going to re-apply next year since it's only a three year program, and in the mean time enjoy a year that's still productive but not psycho-crazy as my life has been for the past few years. so, hopefully i'll improve enough between now and then to get accepted on the second try!

sorry that I've been so long absent. I had some things that I really needed to sort out in my life, not of course aided by the fact that term is closing soon and I'm now in the middle of a play! but i am about even if i'm quiet, though i think i was the last one to post... if no one does post in a few days then i could post again, but i was hoping someone else would so that we could bring our party on their way and closer to re-uniting.

hope all of you are well

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 am

oh my!oh my!oh my!oh my!oh my!

I thought this was dead!

I didn't give up, though. I've checked it everyday multiple times :D

I can only post after Elfy posts...so yeah... :whistle:

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:57 pm

Hey everybody!
I'm back....
is this thread basically dead?.....
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Iavasel » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:26 pm

umm, I'm about and I'm guessing Fea is too. Though where Elfy is, no idea. I'm willing to jump in again.

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:09 am

No, no, no! :roll:

I'm in if everyone else is, I just thought this was dead ages ago! :angel:

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:08 pm

alright, so since the three of us are here it seems a shame to sit around and wait and risk this thread acutually going dead, so any ideas on what to do with the storyline at the moment?
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:39 am

Well, I can remember that Elfy needed to post Ia's story or something like that, so we need someone to post for Elfy so that the rest of us can then post after.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:39 am

Yeah, we all needed to find out what Ia's story is....
no one has seen Elfy?
If she doesn't show up we are going to have to make up Ia's story...
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:04 pm

I might try to do a search for Elfy or something, to find out if she is still around or where she posts or whatever.

EDIT: Okay, the search didn't really work... do you guys know anything else we could try?
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:09 pm

no....
i guess we'll have to abandon the thread...
*sighs*
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:17 pm

I don't want to :(

Feakins the Howler Monkey :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:25 am

lol
Neither do I.....
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:08 pm

Maybe we can keep this thread up the top and someone might be intersted and join. We could advertise...

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:08 pm

teehee
but that still doesn't solve our Elfy problem....
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:59 pm

Yeah... looks like this is dead. I'll keep checking it, though. Just to see if you guys have come up with something or if Elfy comes back or if someone else wants to join in.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)