OOC: Silver Rain

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

What is your favorite fantasy book series?

Lord of the Rings
76%
The Wheel of Time
No votes
Bill Clinton's Autobiography
24%
Magic Knight Rayearth
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:05 pm

Yeah, i hope she does....
Well then, I'll see you around!
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:43 am

Hi, I read your IC thread. Mad story! I want to join in!

About your Elfy problem, why don't you just get a new member or someone that has no part to take up Ia's place?

I could do it. I have a few ... ideas .... about where the story could go.

Well, hope it doesn't die. I really want to see where the story goes!

Eri 8)
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:49 am

Oh my . . . . . . . O.O!!!!

I don't deserve forgiveness for this. But I can explain:::

I just started high school this year; and my higher-than-honors level classes have most definitely taken a toll on my time. I also had not recieved an email update from TORC for a very long time. I thought this had died; which it has, and is totally my fault.

I am so sorry for having abandoned you like that, but it seems you've found new recruits as well.

I am going to post now. Please don't hate me.
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby KeeperOfHearts » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:21 pm

oh my

::glomps Elfy::

yayayayayay!!!!

you're back!!!!!
KeeperOfHearts
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:42 pm

Heheh ^.^ Yes I am. And I'm glad I'm being so warmly welcomed!

I swear, I will never do that again >.<. . . .
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:05 am

Well, seeing as Elfy cam eback and you can continue your story, I will just have to wait for a part for me to come along, if you will have me?

Maybe I could be someone he runs into in the forest, or maybe I can be a poor beggar girl they find that needs help, so they decide to take with them or something.

Hope I can join in! It sounds like fun!

Eri :D
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:26 pm

Most certainly!!! ^.^ I suggest reading through the plot line and then posting a character biography and description, and we'll work together to fit you in.

Thank you for taking an interest! :D
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:19 pm

Ack! Hi! I've had the worst luck imaginable! My computer died, then I got super busy because my play is coming up and my Hamlet thesis died to I had to make another one all over and do all that make up work, I was in Washington DC for a vocal conference and I've been trying all week to post but the computer keeps blocking it!!!!! Stupid machines. Hopefully this works! I'm trying to figure out what went wrong, so if I don't post, I'm trying really hard to!!!

sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:43 am

Read your plot thoughts!

Mad idea about the helping save Cai! Maybe Audrai can't find Cai because he covered his trail so a wood sprite (aka. me!) Comes to Audrai and helps her find Cai, they save Cai. Cai is forever in their debt so he decides to join up with them again, and Wood sprite joins in. They continue with their wandering and find that the other group (Tal, Rea and Ia) are cornered by wolves who were scared and shot one of the wolves thining they were a montser (hurt them anyways) and the other wolves get angry and want to attack them! Cai tries to saves the day, but wolves are very angry and ignore calls. Wood sprite helps by using powers of calming and asks the trees (seeing as she can talk to plants and make them grow and stuff) to twine themselves around wolves carefully and take the people up to treetops. Now everyone thinks the wood sprite is great and asks them to join in their group to help save Ia's brother. Wood sprite sees Ia and thinks sheis important too, so agrees to join in. Cai, seeing as he needs to repay his debt to the Wood sprite, joins them too.

What do you think? If you agree about entering a wood sprite into your story just say so and I will post in my bio about her!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:56 pm

I'm alright with that with a few minor alterations. Saving Cai once is alright, saving him twice without him repaying would just about kill him! :) So...alright. Audrai hasn't been able to find Cai, one of the party wounds one of the wolves as suggested. Wolves go nuts and cause several more wounds than they have recieved. The Wood Sprite does her thing, and I'm guessing this type of tree moving action would attract some attention. Audrai notices the commotion and is able to find them, Cai is also obligated to stay, as the wolves have returned much more hurt than was given to them. However, the party is still resentful of being injured, relations are back to where we started, together, but with mutual edginess between Cai and the rest.

Agreeable, Eri?

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:42 am

Very agreeable!

So now I will go on and post my bio for my character, seeing as I don't think I can be introduced into the story until someone else posts the attack of the wolves.

Name: Amaranthe (Ama for short - Meaning Immortal flower - pronounced Am-a-ran-the)

Age: 856 (they live for ages, but look young, like elves)

Type of Being: Wood Sprite

Appearance: Waist length golden braids (small braids, some hair lose) tied with small vines, leaves, flowers and stems. Big, round eyes that change tone according to the time of day (lighter in day, darker at night) and change colour completely during different seasons. (blue for winter, brown for autumn, hazel for summer, green for spring) Lightly tanned skin/creamy complexion. Rose red lips. Tall and elegant. Very beautiful.

Attire: Ring of flowers crown and threaded in through hair. (light purple fox gloves, minitaure water lily's, honeysuckle, iris, ect ... light coloured flowers.) Garments made out of spidersilk. Wears a flowing green skirt up to just below her knees, with a darker green scarf around her waist. Her top is dark green (matching the scarf) with light green (matching the skirt) sleeves. Its an off the shoulder top. She wears sensible sandals in dark green. She holds a staff which is just as tall as she is. (about 1.8 metres) It is gnarled wood (oak) topped with a green crystal with which she can cast spells and use her magic, or use it to fight with.

Personality: Generally she is very spiritual and peacful. She hates to hurt plants and animals, but will seriously injure if those she cares for are in danger. She is very philosophical, she likes to make others happy. She dislikes attention. She is very gentle. She can fight pretty well with her staff, or with a bow and arrow, but can still defend herself with a sword. Though she looks elegant, she does not take forever to make her appearance the best it can be. She can rough it very well. Shes the kind of person that wins things easily and hands over the prizes to second place.

History: Her parents were driven out of the forest when she was young during the great Rise of Man, and no wood sprites have been seen since. Her parents, to save her, gave her to a mortal family in secret and asked them to take care of her until she was ready to live alone in the forest. Those humans were very bad and disliked the beautiful girl, so they cast her out after only a few years, and she has been living alone in the forest since then. She makes friends with the plants and animals, and can talk to them. Her powers grew far more powerful than any other Sprites seeing as she had a strong bond with the Forest, her source of power. She dislikes humans because of what happened to her and does not go near them.

Well, as you can see, very detailed, I couldn't help myself! :P Well, seeing as she doesn't like humans, the only reason she would have of helping these ones, is because of a certain special some one in the group right? Well, thats all I can do until someone writes about the group leaving the inn, and Cai's wolves attacking them.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:27 pm

alright...i could start the wolf attack, but the rest of you haven't really moved from the inn. would someone like to post first to say you've left the inn? don't make Eri wait too long!!
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:25 pm

Maybe I could post! Like, my characters point of view in the forest? Like have her minding her own business, when she hears the wolves, who are nornally her friends, run by acting weirdly, and sees the man, or something. She ignores him and just get back to doing whatever she wants. Later she sees Audrai looking for Cai (calling out his name or something) but she ignores Audrai too. That way, I can post, give an intro for my character and say that I saw Audrai looking for Cai unsuccessfully.

What do you think?

I really want to post!!!!!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:30 am

OH - MY - GOSH!!!!!! I cannot believe everyone came back!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm soooooo excited!!!!

HI ELFY!!!!!!!

HI SEL!!!!!!!

WELCOME ERI!!!!!!

I'll go check the IC

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:56 am

Sorry for not waiting for you guys to give the ok, but I couldn't wait! I posted, and Its pretty long too! I really couldn't help myself!

Hope its ok, and to your liking. If it isnt just say so and I will edit it! Just say its not right and I wil change it!

(oh and by the way, at the end, I am not talking about Ia, but Reavan (sp?) so if it should be about Ia, then just tell me, or if you want to get rid of it altogether, jsut say so and I will change it!)

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:31 pm

Eri, looks fine to me :) Someone else's turn now!
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Your post looks mad! Now the wolves are angry and dying to attack the stragners who hurt one of their own! So when someone finally posts the other group getting out of the inn, and getting to the forest, the wolves are already edgy and jumping to fight.

Well, either Fea, Keeper or Elfy has to post the other leaving! Comeone, it can't take that long for an elf and to women to get ready can it? Please post!!!! I want to keep the story going!!!!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:30 am

Okay, I'll post the leaving, but I'm pretty sure we were supposed to be hearing Ia's story about whats happend to her.
I guess I could just write: Ia told her story and they were on their way or something like that... :P

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:46 am

I posted! Another really long post! I am addicted to this thing!

Now we need Cai or Audrai to post about hearing the commotion, comming over and helping or something, then I can post about helping with plant moving action.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:37 am

I posted too. Its nothing new, just what Eri wrote only from the three girl's point of view and theres a bit before that.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:17 am

alright. i posted as well. hopefully that was fine, let me know if there are any problems :) glad that this is back
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Elf*Moon*Forest » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:28 pm

Gyahhh!!!

IT LIVES ONCE AGAIN!!! *triumphant music*

I love all of you ^_____________^.

Eri, welcome and many thanks!!!
Sad to say I can't post just now, nor can I post on Search for the Harp, Ia; but maybe by tomorrow I'll have some time.

Thank you for coming back, everyone!!!

. . . . . . I'm such a horrible moderator T_T . . . . . . . . .
Elf*Moon*Forest
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:36 pm

I posted! I love this RP!!!!

Hope you guys like it!

I think, that seeing as she used alot of power on helping them , they can take her with them because she is so exhausted she needs care and attention for now, so they take her along with them. Then she can have problems about leaving the forest, like home sickness along the way or something. Like when they are about to leave, she wants to stay there, so they leave. But then she feels the pull of the magic, the only real friends she has ever had other than plants and animals and the guilt makes her catch up to them. Once she catches up to them, she sees that someone else is following? Maybe, depending on where Elfy wants this to go. Like is Ia's brother was stolen, then the person following them can be a minion of whoever stole her brother?

Maybe if you guys think so. That could be their first clue as to where/who.what has happened?

Seeing as the details of Ia's story are kind of blurry because it wasn't explained in the inn, she wil have to tell Cai, Audrai and Ama what happened to her and her brother and all that.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:39 am

Posted! I love this RP too, I really thought it would be dead. SO glad it back on track.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:04 am

Well, I am really impatient so I am going to post a weird dream, about the magic presence, and in it I see Ia and her brother from the begining, and find out that her brother was stolen, I feel sorry for her, and I want to help, then I wake up and we talk a bit about what I did, and who I am and that stuff, then I bring in the topic about Ia and her brother, and that wil be elfy's cue to talk, and explain herself.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:03 pm

posted :) as always let me know if stuff should be changed. anyone's welcome to interrupt us at the lake! glad this rp is up again!

*sel
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:38 am

I posted!!!

Its pretty long again!

I just went on with the Cai and Audrai thing about healing the wolf, seeing as I have no idea what to go on with the others, we need Elfy!!!!!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:54 pm

I may post later...

Or maybe not...

Looks like this is dying again :roll:

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:31 am

Nooo! I don't want it to die again!

Please don't let it die!

Come back people!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:54 pm

posted. short post i know but sort of an experimental post to see if anyone would reply, and if any of you are still living and still writing here
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)