OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri May 06, 2005 3:56 am

Just curious. I visited Kracow last year!. (Is that how it's spelt?)

Ok, no sailors for the moment. It could be an startling plot twist though, or a sequal!!

Or not. :|
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Fri May 06, 2005 6:06 pm

Pointy, as usual I have no complaints whatsoever :D :D

It was marvellous! Excelente. Muy excelente! *snerk* If your character keeps blushing like that Cadell's going to think that maybe she's more enamoured of their little play act than she's letting on =:) :P I'd like to see Sermere try anything now.

"Heeeeeeeeereeee Sermere. Come on you worthless little runt. I dare yah. I double dare yah."

Can't wait for your post Roro :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Fri May 06, 2005 8:52 pm

Hey everyone! :D

I'm going to be spending the next few weeks trying to graduate from high school, so I won't be on TORC every day. I'll check back and post when I can, OK? :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sat May 07, 2005 2:03 am

Thanks! :D Te he he

"Heeeeeeeeereeee Sermere. Come on you worthless little runt. I dare yah. I double dare yah."

*Screams with laughter and clutches her sides*

Well that put pay to my calm and focused start to the day!

Good luck Aiwe!! (If High School is the same as College is over the herring pond and here in England then it'll be my turn soon!)

my time memoriseing my 3300 word essay.

1023 down!!! Aghh
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Tue May 10, 2005 3:15 am

Kraków actually. :D My grandparents live there, right around the corner from the main square, you probably passed their house once or twice. ;) Did you get to see the Dragon?

My post will be late- I'm doing a million things at a time. Weekend, okay?
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed May 11, 2005 2:50 am

Yes!! the bones hung above the church??!! And we went to the market and a church will the biggest stained glasss window i have ever seen! It was so pretty!

Of course thats ok! I too have tons of things to do. I have done the first two session of that beast of an essay and just need to do the final examining section of it friday. And all my other work. :cry2:

*watches Ro juggle her million things*

Have fun!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Wed May 11, 2005 3:54 am

Did you hear the trumpet? It's obligatory! The bones are said to be often stolen so I can't vouch for their authenticity. :P But what's the magic of legend for...

The stained glass, was it this one?

http://www.pinakoteka.zascianek.pl/Wysp ... Ojciec.jpg

That would be the Franciscan church, my mum's favourite when she was a girl.

*juggles*
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed May 11, 2005 7:37 am

Yes! the trumpet that is stuck out the top of the tower?!! yay!

I also got hit with the lucky stick of a man on a "horse" when we went to a folk evening. Mwhaha

No I don't think it was that one, but I have a little leaflet somewhere so when I find it I will let you know.

We all found the snow very fascinating and HAD to make snowballs. Then we realised it was equivalent to coming to England and lugging mud around!! So we refrained! just about. But we did leave a nice big snowman outside the hotel.

*Starts to juggle too, but promptly drops things*
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Thu May 12, 2005 7:36 am

Phish, snow is wonderful. You are supposed to play in it!

And you got to see the Lajkonik! Awesome. You got a lot of good out of Krakow then.

I'll work on the post on the weekend like I said, I'm tired today...BUT...I got a visa to go to the US this summer. Am HAPPY.:D
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri May 13, 2005 10:38 am

*Dances around the visa* Hurray!
I am tired too, had the last part of that evil exam thing today and then I had a driving lesson which always exhausts me!
I've only just started and I'm afraid of crashing into things. I don't understand it. :roll: I mean on a horse, bike, quad or so on I am going "YAY" get in a car and I go "AHHHHH". :|

Mmm I loved Krakow. It was amazing!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Wed May 18, 2005 2:26 am

Guys, I'm so sorry, it's going to take a while longer, til this next weekend probably. You know those weeks when you have to spend every free moment doing something because there's always something due tomorrow? I've got a set to build for monday, an exam on friday, and a project review tomorrow. I just don't have any time at all.

Love you all though.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed May 18, 2005 10:23 am

Thats ok Ro. I hate those weeks. The work always expands to fill the time available so you have no free time!

I am trying to convince myself to go do a 2 1/2 hour practice exam paper! Yay.

Have fun my dear!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Wed May 25, 2005 3:04 pm

I hate research papers. I hate guys. I hate biology teachers. I hate "Native American-Colonist Relations Prior to the Late 1800's With Particular Emphasis on the Government's Attempts to Downplay the Mistreatment of Indians" (What can I say, I'm picky when it comes to what I write). The only thing that I don't hate right now is my English term paper, entitled "World War II Influences in Star Wars". I'm such a geek... I've attempted to read all of the posts in the IC from when I was absent, and I must admit, I'm a bit confused. Will anyone attempt to give me a short synopsis? :(
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Wed May 25, 2005 3:27 pm

Very nice to see you :D

Well, Pointy and Cadell are acting as husband and wife so that they could have a hire going towards Calet.

Elti, Voke, Rien and Lian are fleeing the city towards who knows where, because the Elders thought that Odunar and Rien were making trouble by bringing up the dragon myths.

Caedmon is going through the forest with Rhavara and the wolf. If you could come up with a post getting them to the edge of the forest and beginning the separation if that's what you wish, that would be great. :)

Afterwards . . . well . . . I was planning on having him meet up with Hue's bunch . . . but well . . . yeah . . . and then I was going to meet with Rho . . . but she's left again as well. So . . . I need another plan.
:| :roll: Can I meet up with the bunch fleeing Brahna? (as it would be a little weird to head straight back into Calet. :roll: :) )

Oh, and I'm heading out to camp for the summer this next week. I'll be back and checking in every weekend, and doing my best to write, but no internet access during the week.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri May 27, 2005 5:17 am

*waves* hello!

Native American-Colonist Relations Prior to the Late 1800's With Particular Emphasis on the Government's Attempts to Downplay the Mistreatment of Indians"

oooh nice ElvenWanderer. Sounds as much fun as "To what extent to you agree that Political Opportunism was the reason as to why successive governments introduced franchise extension between the years of 1832 and 1935?"

And then there is the fun exam on "The Origins of the Cold war to Detente and the collapse of the Soviet Empire".

mmm yay

Willow-Cool, where are you going on camp and for how long? Do you go for the whole summer? My friend is leaving for Georgia this week to help at a summer camp and the stays there to September. Is it like that?

I have just broken up for study leave. It is so odd. I have just had my last lesson before I have exams and leave College. Oh dear whether I get into Uni is hanging on them. It is so odd and very scary. Just thought I would rant a little.

Oh well suppose I ought to go and revise.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Fri May 27, 2005 6:13 am

I'm working at a Boy Scout camp. Strange for a female I know, but I think the Boy Scouts is an amazing organization. I'm working with them in the Handicrafts area, Leatherwork, Woodcarving, Basketry and Art. It's a lot of fun. It starts next week, then goes into August, but I get weekends off. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Fri May 27, 2005 12:43 pm

Argghhhh...I am so sorry. Time flies too fast when you've got a hundred thousand things to do.

I'm on that post.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:16 am

Ro I know what you mean, and the time goes so fast and yet you feel you still haven’t got enough time because there is so much to do.

Take your time and have fun with it!

Willow: that’s cool! My little brother is a scout. When he came back from his first ever camp he had managed to loose nearly all of his underwear. Apparently a lot of the other had lost theirs too. It resulted that they'd done a lot of canoeing and had constructed a washing line in the woods to dry their clothes and had then forgotten about them at the end of the week. That would be a nice surprise for someone out walking...
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:19 pm

FINALLY! My writer's seven foot thick, concrete, reinforced steel wall with the speakers blasting the Barney Song has been demolished enough to crank out a post. (Gotta love the visual on that, right?) Anyway, I hope everyone is still around.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Definitely here, and very excited to see that post. :D I'll try to come up with something this week. We'll see. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:42 am

HURRAY!!!

Lovely post! Glad to know the writers block in demolished.

I have two more days of exams before I can let my muse loose to do anything anywhere. I have a song floating round my head that is screaming to be put down on paper. Instead I have to go and learn all the theatre practitioners to come out of Germany and Russia who influenced Brecht. And their names are hard to spell!!

Willow: Is that a happy tennis ball I see?
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:56 am

Very happy, he'd just spent the day playing with second through fourth graders and me. :D Unfortunately it's not the tennis ball, just a relative. ;)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:31 pm

Lol, I am going to play tennis next week!

I have now officially finished all my beastly exams so I am FREE!!! Just thought I had to come and yell about it!

Oh I am so glad they are over I am exhausted. Now I just need to wait until august to see if I get the grades I need for Uni. How worrying! :|

*Stretches and lays in a corner sunbathing*

I wish! It was all thunder lightning and rain last night. I was picking raspberries in the thunder. Rather strange and certainly a new experience!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:07 pm

Er . . . I know we lost a lot of people, . . . but is there any chance of this continuing? I've got a post started, but I don't know where I'm going since I was going to go with Hue, then he left, and now he's back, but no one's written . . . and I'd be really sad to see this die completely. :(
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:18 pm

Just stopped in to see if anyone was here

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:55 pm

Something I'd certainly love to know too. :(

Post up, but if no one responds to this, I'll just let it fade . . . .

:cry:

I'm watching for whenever anyone comes back.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:21 am

It lives!!

Well, I'm still here, good on you for reviving it! I agree it would be a pity for it to die.

Now, i'm going to read your post....
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)