OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

Postby ElvenWanderer » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:29 pm

“In ancient times, the land of Reist was under siege from the Sadēs or Shades. The humans who lived on the island-country were no match for the demons, who poured forth from the belly of the earth like dark waves. The dragons who lived high in the mountains of Reist saw the danger that threatened to engulf the whole country. They allied themselves with the humans, teaching them the ancient art of magic. Some even went as far as to allow their human companions to ride upon their back into battle. These few humans were known as the Dragon Riders. Together, they drove back the forces of the Sadēs and imprisoned them, sealing the entrance with powerful magic. After the war, the dragons went back to their mountain caves and were never seen again. The humans had learned all types of magic from the dragons. Each type of mage built their own city and taught their brand of magic to others...”

This RP, entitled "The Chronicles of Reist" will be about a group of (humans) from different cities in the country of Reist, who, by mysterious circumstances, band together in search of six temples which are said to house six gems of unimaginable power and may lead them to the lairs of the Forgotten Race (dragons). Each has alternative motives for coming along; money, adventure, friends, stories... you decide!

This RP, if successful, should have around 6-10 characters, though more are welcome! :)
What i'm looking for:
1. Fire Mage
2. Water Mage
3. Air Mage
4. Earth Mage
5. Spirit/Mind Mage
6. Healing Mage
And at least one villan.

*Please note that your character doesn't necessarily have to be a mage, and if they are, they don't have to be adept. Please do not make your character without fault. There is no fun in an RP where everyone is invincible and slays the bad guys with a single swipe of their mighty sword. Where would the fun be in that?

That aside, if anyone's interested, please post your character's name and what position you would like to fill. Please try to avoid posting full biographies, as it is better to get to know them in little doses through posts rather than all at once.

Once I get a bit of input, I'll post the IC. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at ShadowPt13@aol.com or AIM me (ShadowPt13).

Misc:

- Please post your IM/E-Mail address with your post so that I have a way of getting in touch with you
- Please try to limit the amount of OOC content in the IC thread. (I know there is the occasional double post accident, which is completely understandable.

Thank you!
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby feaguire » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:45 pm

Hi! This sounds interesting...

It would be great if I could be in this RP.

Umm... For now (since You don't want our bios all at onece) my character is Aldawen, and she (shes a female) is from the Earth Mage.

Hope I can join! My e-mail address is sofchalina@hotmail.com

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Beliran » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:59 pm

This sounds very interesting indeed. :lol: I would like to apply for a posting position as your friendly neighborhood Fire Mage.

Now before we go one step further I want you to know that I am also Erinhue,( who is also the Mod, ThreadStalker but that is neither here nor there) and I am using my seldom used alter ego in an effort not to mislead but also not to intimidate.

I think I'm a pretty nice guy but word is that newbies are scared ta death of me, go figure. Beliran don't get out much so he doesnt have all the bells and do-dads that go along with the bard. I figure without all the Jools over my name maybe now one would panic when I posted in here :lol:

I don't want to play either Erinhue or Beliran here. They are established characters with their own history in the board's RP threads. I would like to try something new and start fresh with a brand new character.

How new? So new he doesn't even have a name yet. I just got this thing for fire, part pyro ya know. I miss the old "play as ya go" style of RP that is all but a lost art here now. I know Erinhue so well that I could tell ya what he's got in his pockets. :wink: This is not Middle Earth so I would like to try out creating a new character that could grow fresh along with this tale.

So now ya know who's who and what's what. If I am as scary as they say ( is it my breath, come on you can tell me) let me know and I'll go play somewhere's else. Bright Blessings to ya either way 8)
Beliran
Citizen of Imladris

:)

Postby ElvenWanderer » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:45 pm

Feaguire, I'm happy to have you here :)

I was afraid my OOC post would scare people away. :(

Beliran, I'm really glad you liked my idea enough to want to join. I have to admit, I was a little intimidated by you when I was a newbie. But I've grown wiser with time (gee, who'da thought?) And I'd be honored to have you as our fire mage. *bows*

And as for me, my character is Lian (as you probably have figured out by now. I believe he shall be... the Wind Mage (in training, of course).

You two can go ahead and post your character introductions if you wish. I have another post to type up (I've got it written down). (FYI, in the post, Lian goes to the Silver Dragon Inn, and it ends with him going up to his room, but there's a lot of background information and the foundation for part of the story on the lobby of the Inn)

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Things To Know:-Brahna is the city where the High Council of Mages is located. It is the major city, and is not tied to any one type of magic. It is the only real seaport in Reist, as most of the continent is surrounded by high, rocky cliffs. It is the southern-most part of Reist, towards the eastern tip.
-Jaalen (JAH-len) is the city of the Earth Mages. It is located in the Dasari (duh-sar-EE) Desert in the northern part of Reist. Most of the desert is inhabited by tribes.
-Halin (hah-LEEN) is the city of the Wind Mages. It is located on a plateau in the north-western part of Reist. It the easternmost side of the plateau is bordered by the Dasari Desert
-Tarle (TAH-ral) is the city of the Water Mages. It is in the eastern-most part of the country. It is a fertile valley along the river Paril (pah-RIHL)
-Yalek (YAH-leck) is the city of the Fire Mages. It is in the south west.
-Calet (cuh-LET) is the city of the White (healing) Mages. It is located in the Numa (NOO-ma) forest in the central part of Reist.
-Baeret (BAH-rhet) is the Spirit City. Not only is it the city where mages train to use the powers of the mind and illusion, it also houses the portal to the Other World, the Spirit Realm where the departed souls travel. Not many people know where this city is, but it is rumored to be at the foot of the mountains of on the eastern side of Reist.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~
Current Characters
-Lian: Wind Mage (ElvenWanderer)
-Aldawen: Earth Mage (Feaguire)
-?????: Fire Mage (Beliran)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby feaguire » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:19 pm

Couple of questions:

1.Does Jaalen, have to be a big city like Brahna, or can it be a small sort of village settlement thing? Because it is a desert...

2.Can I post in the IC right after I've done the intro of my character?

Okay, onto the bio:

Name: Aldawen

Mage: Earth

Marital Status: Single; looking for love

Appearance: Golden brown extremly long hair (which she hates the length of); green, strong, bright eyes; short; skinny; fair skin

Personality: Strong hearted; kind; loves animals and the world around her; stands up for what she believes in; the opposite of shy; curious; bold

History: She grew up with her mother, father and older brother in the city of Jaalen, located in the Dasari Desert, in the North of Riest.
She was taught all about the Earth and all living creatures by her mother, and taught all about magic and the dragons by her father.
Aldawen has always wanted to visit other lands and see other parts of the world, just like her older brother, Aldolin, but she is always told she is too young. Her parents say that one day she will get her chance.
Her greatest inspiration is Aldolin, but she doesn't let anyone know that, because everybody knows that Aldawen and Aldolin hate each other (but we all know that this is only partly true).

Hope that was okay

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:09 am

Sorry! :oops: I'm too impatient!

I'm gonna post on the IC.

Just a kinda intro. to Aldawen...

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:43 am

I posted.

This post was about Aldawen being chased by Aldolin and his drunken friends. I'm not sure why they chase her, they're just drunk!

Aldawen is an extremly fast runner. I have to add that in because it says a bit about her overtaking the men in the post.

Also, I made it that Jaalen is a big city, but right outside the gates is desert area, so its kinda a lonely city.

Hope it was okay!

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Beliran » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:04 am

Darn I was gonna put the Fire Mage's city in the desert, makes sense don' t it :lol: but I just got another idea so it's all OK long as nobody takes the volcano. :wink:

I am sorry if I am holding things up here but I don't think I am gonna get to post anything until the weekend. My original idea won't work any more, I don' think the Mages should come from near each other Um Do we know each other at all as in Have we met? I would think not, but I think I might be dreaming about one or two of them.

See that's what I mean I had no idea about the dreams until I just typed it. :lol: That is exactly what I want so this is gonna be great.

Where was I...oh yeah... I was saying I was sorry. Well Im very busy at work this time of year and there is also much to do at home. I will try and get something up by or on Sunday but then I might not be able to get back here(or to TORC )until after the Holidays.

One last thing, I will most likely start posting here as Erinhue (see everything is above board) but it's still just me. My RL name is Che, or at least that's what everyon calls me :wink: except my Mom.
Beliran
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:28 am

One of the reasons I chose not to have each city described in my first post or in the OOC was because since each different character originated from different cities (except Lian, who's the odd ball here), i thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to sort of design their own city.

Fea, good job on your post.

Beliran, i like the volcano idea. :) we'll miss you when you're gone.

To get at least two of the characters together, one can be in Brahna... erm.... maybe trying to petition something to the Council of Mages?

If we are able to 'recruit' a few more people, then I think it would be a good idea to have a few of the characters traveling in different groups, maybe one or two in each group. Of course, there's the option of leaving one group and transferring to another. Eventually, they'll be at the same place at the same time and travel all together. It's just an idea i'm throwing around. If you like it, let me know.

On another note, if you know anyone who may be interested in joining TCoR, be sure to direct them here. The more the merrier. :)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:42 am

Do ya mean it? There are a few members of the Bard's Guild that are just getting started at RP who might like to join something like this on the ground floor. With your permission I shall let them know about this thread.

:lol: Oh yeah it's me, Che, I told ya I'd most likely switch hats :wink:
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:52 am

Lol. Yes, i mean it. And feel free to lead them here. :)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:55 am

I must say, it looks like a very interesting beginning. I'm very much a beginner at RP, but I'd like to join if I may.

Email: spiritofthewillow at yahoo
yahoo IM spiritofthewillow
AIM: elfletzandra

My character is Caedmon, a White/Healing mage, and then I have these ideas for the possible societal structure of Calet:

I had an idea that perhaps the White Mages are a bit divided in their social structure. The core of the group are devoted to the learning, and these become the heads of the community. There are a few outsiders/ not really outcasts who do their learning, and then actually travel and use their knowledge to aid mankind. Kind of similar to contrasting forms of monasticism.

I thought it would be kind of ironic that the Healers were the reclusive ones, but if you don't like it, I can change it.

Willow
Last edited by Spirit_of_the_Willow on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby undomiel » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:01 am

Ok, I must be completely crazy because I'm already in 4 RPs but I like the sound of this one. I think I would like to join. Though when I first read it I was sorta hoping to be the Wind Mage. I love wind. Could there be more than one Wind Mage? And, if I'm allowed to play more than one character, I would also be interested in playing the villan. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:28 pm

I came here seeing Erinhue's announcement in the Bards' Guild. And this seems like it could be a really fun RP.

I would like to use one of my existing characters, Eltirwen, perhaps as the Spirit/Mind mage. I do have a few questions, so I'm emailing you, Elvenwanderer.

Some short info on Eltirwen: She's a near-albino orphan, who doesn't know her age but looks around 20. I think I'll let ya'll figure the rest out.

I'm really excited about this!

Yahoo email/IM vespa_13 (add the @yahoo.com part for the email)
AIM Eltirwen
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:48 pm

Oh yeah I forgot

On AIM I am Torcsbard. I rarely use YM but I can and I am Digimutt on YM and my Email, is Digimutt@yahoo.com

I did decide on a name at least. Our Fire Mage's name is Bandar. We will all find out more about him as we go along.
erinhue

Postby feaguire » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:30 am

Are we aloud to make up everything for the city/town our character comes from?
Eg. Fashion?

I have some good ideas for Jaalen.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:10 pm

Fea, yes you are.

Che, i love the name :)

Eltirwen, i'm happy to have you here.

Undomiel, go ahead and take the wind char. i'll take water. if you think you can handle two characters, go ahead. :)

Current List of Characters:

Lian: Water Mage (ElvenWanderer)
Bandar: Fire Mage (Beliran/Erinhue)
Aldawen: Earth Mage (Feaguire)
Caedmon: White Mage (Spirit_of_the_Willow)
Eltirwen: Spirit Mage (Eltirwen)
?????: Wind Mage (Undomiel)

By the way, to make things easier, if any of you have nicknames or anything, let me know. You guys can call me pretty much anything: Jess, J.Lynn, EW, Spoon (don't ask)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:04 am

:) Call me whatever ya like, long as ya do it before last call. :twisted:
erinhue

Postby Aglanor » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:37 pm

I feel up to RP'ing again and this idea does sound like great fun. If no-one minds, I'd like to give the villain a shot. But can I have some hints to what the gems can do together or how the bad guy can fit in?

MSN/E-mail: t_van_der_velden at hotmail dot com.
Yahoo M: aggie_nor.

I may try multiple villains to create some interaction, if that's okay. I'll announce it if a new one comes in play. But if I'm welcome, I'll start out with the big, bad guy.

And I can either have my villain cooperate or fight Undi's villain...;):D

But I'd love to have some more background in the shades, their goals and such. That is, if you've got any...:)
Last edited by Aglanor on Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby The_Fool » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:47 pm

Another Guild member of Hue's who's very interested in joining :D

I'm thinking of having a mercenary type, called Cadell, who can perhaps be hired by the mages when they band together to go searching for the gems. He'll be a little wary of them I expect. He'll be riding with a man named Garia, who will be a character of Rodia's, seeing as she's also interested.

I'll have a proper bio up later today, once I've sorted out all the little details :)
Last edited by The_Fool on Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:34 pm

Erinhue, Ags, Rodia, Foolish, and Undi all in one RP? And I'm in it??? :shock: *fights off a swoon for all the great role-players*

Oh yes, I was here to say you can call me Elti. Most people here do.
I also had an idea: since Baeret is rather mysterious, I'm thinking of starting Eltirwen out in Brahna with her guardian. Perhaps she could meet up with Lian at the inn? That way we could keep the mystique a while longer, and I can decide more about it. I've got some ideas about the city, but I want to let them brew in the back of my mind a little longer.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:29 pm

And most people call me Willow. Haven't met most of you yet, but I've certainly admired your writing. I hope that I can live up to the challenge, and contribute to a great RP.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Rholarowyn » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:05 pm

And yet another Bard answering Erinhue's call...

I would be very interested in taking the Healing Mage role. :)

Since I just discovered this thread tonight I need some time to think about my character but his/her name will be Tiral.

I can be reached at jsranch@starband.net

This sounds like it will be fun! :D

Rho
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby The_Fool » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:31 pm

Name: Cadell

Profession: 'Sword for Hire' Mercenary by circumstance

Martial Status: Single

Appearance: Exceedingly tall man, with a slender rather than bulky build. Strong and well-muscled. A swordsman's long arms, giving him good reach. Dark straight hair, cut relatively short, blue eyes. Usually clean shaven, but days on the road often leave him with a bit of stubble. Clothing is practical and well worn. Carries a sword and dagger, as well as a wooden (and exceedingly battered) round shield. Rides a bay, battle-trained mare. CADELL: picture link.

Personality: A practical man, he deals with each situation to the best of his advantage. He's generally rather easy going, but can be a little stubborn if he thinks he's in the right. Has a very distinct idea of honour, and holds it very high in regard. As such he is loyal by nature, always standing by those he has sworn to protect.

History: Until he was forced to wander the mercenary road Cadell was the captain of a high ranking nobleman's warband. Cadell held favour with his Lord, and as such was a constant consultant on matters of war and battle strategy. He was greatly respected by his men, yet he was also held in awe. For Cadell is what is referred to as 'god-touched'; a man who has the strength of the god of war behind him when he fights. The physical aspects of this are often defined as 'berserker,' and Cadell will laugh as he fights, lost in a preternatural trance. Sometimes it is hard for him to tell friend from foe, but as of yet he has never harmed one of his own.

Cadell lost his position through a clumsy fault, one which may or may not have been politically influenced by men in his Lord's court, who envied and feared his position as their Lord's war captain and consultant. Drunk in the riders' hall one evening he was goaded by the court Bard. He drew on the man, a grievous crime for which the sentence was exile. Disarmed by his own riders, Cadell was taken to the barracks, and called to an audience with his Lord some time after. He was officially cashiered after a brief court ruling, and exiled from his home.

Cadell was allowed to take his sword, horse, and one pack of clothing. He was given a purse of coins, and took his shield, which still carries the emblem of his Lord, a badger, upon its beaten surface. Riding as a mercenary Cadell came in contact with Garia some two months ago, when both were hired for a scrap between local noblemen, and the two have been riding together ever since.

Let me know if this is alright :D Ah, and email is: facade_thefool@hotmail.com
Last edited by The_Fool on Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:45 am

Fool mentioned me- yes, I like the idea of this RP! We agreed with Foolish that if we can join we'd start out together, he mentioned my Garia in Cadell's bio...so here's a little bit about Garia.

And I posted quite a large bio...I'm not sure about that. There's plenty more to learn about him, but I wonder if this whole stuff would ever come up..argh. I don't know. I can always just cut this post if it's too much. The bio tells more about his character than the 'personality' slot can...

Name: Garia de Hirsch-Figas

Marital Status: Single

Appearance: (here's a rough sketch, but he's a little older in that one than when he enters this RP.) Of regular height, with a slight tendency to gain weight. Round-faced and looks a bit soft, but is actually strong and fit. Dark straw coloured hair, with similar consistency, cut short in the easiest way possible. Grey eyes. Shaves when he can. Smiles and laughs a lot. Being a man of the road, he knows the value of practical clothing but is vain enough to choose brocade over wool sometimes. He carries a sword and a knife, and rides a brown gelding named Orcaleon, after a horse in a song he heard once.

Personality: He's not unkind, but vain and reckless, not stupid, but not a genius either. He has a positive attitude towards life, and makes the best of what fate brings him- but can be gullible. He likes to show off, often with skills he doesn't posess. He's easy to get along with, as he loves laughter and company, but he won't let an insult fly. Quick to the bottle and quick to the sword, Garia guarantees no boredom during the journey. His notion of a knight's honour is unorthodox, and adjustable to the situation, but he has been brought up to respect all women and clerics, and to loathe betrayal. He keeps to his promises, but might try to negotiate them. But a good friend can always count on Garia showing up with his sword to hack without asking questions.

History: Garia is a lesser noble, from a family more learned in farming than court etiquette, but proudly holding their place among the lords, not seldom standing on tiptoe to make their presence known. His great great grandfather was once a resourceful servant to a high lord, knighted by gratitude at his master's death bed. The servant turned noble immediately bought land with the money he'd pilfered and diverted during years of service, and established the foundations for his new House. He hired an expert on heraldry and added a 'de' to his family name, hyphenating it with the name of the lands he bought . In short he did everything to look authentic. He was quickly though reluctantly accepted by the birth nobles, as anyone who dared hint at his previous occupation, or the House's petty origin, suffered strange and painful accidents for which no one could be held accountable. There was no getting into old Hunt Figas' way.

Garia was brought up with all the care and attention necessary to a young lordling, but also with geese wandering about his halls. His father showed him how to use a sword, but he learned to use the plow through more practice. When he was old enough, he was sent along to a higher court to first serve as page, then train as knight- he made the transition after two days only... His simple character was much more welcome among swords. His education was partial- he learned all about fighting but nothing about the rules of court, and listened to bards as if they were prophets. "That rabble with a title" the others sneered, and sent him home obliviously happy, waving his sword and fantasising about saving fair damsels in distress.

Some years later Garia was faced with both damsel and distress, but she was not fair and the distress was his. His father, always looking to strengthen the House and curb the birth nobles' jeering tongues, had struck a deal with an empoverished lord. Garia was presented with his future wife at a banquet. All the neighbouring lords had been invited, and all showed up, always hungry for gossip and politics. They got both. No one had told Garia about his own engagement, and the shocked young man voiced his thoughts on that very loudly. He told the gathered company exactly what he thought of the deal, his father, the bride’s father, the bride herself (they say she was so upset she removed to a convent), and the undercooked roast.
Being on a roll, he also said exactly what he thought of the noble guests and their sneering. At this point he was challenged to a duel, and was stupid enough to win it by simply surprising the pacing opponent with his blade. Fortunately enough, a panic-stricken messenger barged in at this point screaming that the highest noble’s stores were on fire. The whole company left at a gallop, not so much to help as to rub their hands at the other’s misery, and all Garia had to face was his ambitious father, and the furious family of the bride.

Hours later, cursed, disowned and spat upon he was riding a horse out , shivering in the breeze and uncertainty of the night, but feeling very much like a knight in a bard’s song. This new adventurous renegade life appealed to him, and luck, as well as a large purse he had taken along allowed him to dream for quite a while, roaming the land, telling tall tales and looking for someone to compose a song about him. The money was nearly spent when he met Cadell, and was introduced to the curious concept of earning his own keep. He took to the exiled knight, who was a patient listener and a useful companion. From then on they rode together.

Is that okay? My email is matthecat@gmail.com . :) If I made any horrific mistakes in that bio, whether in logic or language, do tell me. I'm barely a beginner!
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Aiwe » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:59 am

This RP looks very interesting indeed! Do you need another character? I was thinking, since you have a white mage already, what about a dark mage? Not a villain, but a necromancer's adept who had second thoughts and tried to join the white mages. She failed quite miserably at the arts of life and healing, but still excells with those of death and decay. :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:59 pm

Okay, wow.

Aglanor, there's no such thing as too many villans. Not much is known about the Shades, except what is told in stories. Remember, very few of the people in Reist actually believe the stories. They consider it a children's tale to explain the origins of their magic. The conviction (that the dragon war really happened, etc) that was once beheld by the people who built the cities is diminishing every generation. The Shades are supposedly ghost-like in appearance, and it is said that one can feel their evil energy from afar. The Gems are said to hold great power, each telling its element's part in the Great War. When all together in their "rightful place", they reveal the secret of the origin of magic. It is also rumored that they lead the bearer to the legendary cave where the dragons went after they fought in the war. Many have gone in search of both the temples that house the gems, and the cave itself. But none have ever returned.

Eltirwen, that's fine. As soon as I type up the last few paragraphs of the Inn post (which will be in a bit, after i finish this), you can go ahead and post.

The_Fool, that sounds good.

Rholarowyn, be my guest. We're glad to have you here.

Rodia, that's fine. Just let me know what type of role you'd like Garia to play.

Aiwe, good idea. The dark mages are a rather uncommon type of mage in Reist. Since this was the type of magic the Shades used in the Great War. (Apparently, though there is much controversy surrounding the topic). There are few dark mages, and many are introverted. They don't have an official city, and they have kept their whereabouts strictly hidden because of the steryotypes and prejudice. Rumors circulate through the cities of the other mages about the Dark mages, but of course, none can be proven. Needless to say, Dark Mages are highly mistrusted.

I've decided to carry two characters. Besides Lian, I'm going to have a character named Rhavara. I'll

Updated Character List:
Lian: Water Mage (ElvenWanderer)
Bandar: Fire Mage (Beliran/Erinhue)
Aldawen: Earth Mage (Feaguire)
Caedmon: White Mage (Spirit_of_the_Willow)
Tiral: White Mage (Rholarowyn)
Eltirwen: Spirit Mage (Eltirwen)
Rhavara: Spirit Mage (ElvenWanderer)
Cadell: Mercenary (The_Fool)
Garia: Mercenary (Rodia)
?????: Wind Mage (Undomiel)
?????: Dark Mage (Aiwe)
?????: Villan (Aglanor)

* If i made any error, please let me know. If you have any questions, post them here or AIM me (ShadowPt13). I'm going to go finish typing my post. :)[/i]
Last edited by ElvenWanderer on Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:31 pm

hello are there any characters left? I never been in a RP on this site before, I'd like to be though.

My usual character is female, name of Pointy or Hat, about 23, rather wild and feels more at ease with nature and animals than other human company. She has a special love for horses.

any chance of a character? :|
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:12 pm

Wheps! sorry- I'm a mercenary like Fool, we travel together to begin with.

Glad to be here.:D
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_Fool » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:40 am

Salutes ElvenWanderer.

:D Very glad to be aboard m'Lady.

Before I make any introductory posts, I'd like to ask how you see the tale "fleshing out," so to speak. I ask merely because I don't want to introduce Cadell too early into the tale for the sake of the narrative. Rather, I'd prefer to wait until a few days before the mages took it into their heads to go searching for their gems. It cuts back on a lot of unnecessary posting of Cadell and Garia on the road. Unless of course you don't mind that at all and then well, I'll jump in with both feet and never mind if the water's cold :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)