OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:43 pm

Duh daa Makes a flourishing noise

I'm sorry if I introduced him wrong. If so let me know and I’ll edit.

oh, and I said knife or dagger because I wasn't sure if the innkeeper would have made them leave weapons in stables with the 'things'.

I think that’s all.... hmmm. :roll:
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elflet » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:21 pm

Wonderful Pointy. Some interesting customers you've got there. Good thing the mercenaries are there for you. :D

Edit: whoops. This is what I get for using multiple ID's again. This is Willow. :roll:
Elflet
Shield Bearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:44 pm

lol, I guessed twas you!

Thanks, I like writing the creepy guy, I hope I can keep him! Lol, my knights in shining armour!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:49 pm

Ah Pointy you have my nervous merchant down exactly as I had pictured him :D Bueno, bueno! A wonderful post!

Now, just a quick question because you've got my muse up and humming: Is the man, Sermere (gods I can't remember if that's how you spell it :oops: ) in the company of my merchant? And if so, what's their relationship. Just so that I write it correctly :)

LOL! As for Cadell being a knight in shining armour well...maybe not. Scruffy, slightly rusty armour maybe :P
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:20 am

Thank you! *watches Façade’s muse hum merrily around the thread.*

Yep that’s how you spell it. I would like him to accompany the merchant if possible, I haven't written someone creepy in ages and I like him! If so, perhaps he could be the owner of the pack animals or a cousin of your merchant who is accompanying him in pretence of being an advisor but really wants to gain money out of it.
I'm not really sure, I am soo sleepy, just had a theatre studies exam for which I had to be attacked and thrown around. Rather Exhausting.

I did think perhaps Sermere is a bit of a womaniser, but discreetly. Maybe a bit like Iago (Othello), scorn women but use them to achieve his means.

I'm sure you'll write him fine, and as long as he shows some sly creepiness, his relationship with your merchant you can play with.

aghh that doesn't seem to make any sense. :|
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:00 pm

Grins Done.

If there's anything you want changed Pointy or Ro just let me know. I went on the assumption that Sermere would know at least a little swordsman's ship but that he wasn't sufficient enough for my merchant to place his complete trust in. Not with all the recent happenings in the woods outside Calet. :wink: I like the idea of him as a cousin so perhaps we could go with that.

In any case, now's the time I think for us to decide how we're going to take Pointy along with us. After that last display from Cadell....I'm thinking they're going to be more likely to believe she's his wife or woman than Garia's :roll: :P Let me know what you two think.
Last edited by The_Fool on Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:07 pm

Loverly post Fool! *trots off to find something to post somewhere.*
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:10 am

Marvellous post and lovely tension between Cadell and Sermere! No want of edit from my behalf and the cousin thing should work well. :D Yay.

Aye, that does seem rather a good basis to introduce her as the woman/wife of Cadell, and for the merchant would explain in his eyes Cadell’s reaction to Sermere’s behaviour.
Which do you think would be more plausible to the merchant and Sermere? I was toying with the idea that wife could entail elopement which would explain why she is alone in the company of two mercenaries.

Ro, if you’d like, I think it’s your turn now if you’re ok to take it. (If not I’m always willing to write!!)

*wanders off to go to sleep. Aggh aftermath of a house party*
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:20 pm

Willow, my thanks :D I was rather pleased with it myself, considering the short amount of time I spent on it. It was one of those ones that just happens.

Pointy, I think wife would probably be the best option, as it means that Sermere will most definitely have to keep his distance :wink: So elopement it will be. Of course, the person who suggests it is yet to be discovered. It is my opinion that we should have the three of them discuss it through the RP before settling on the details.

Also, I don't know how often Ro is actually checking this thread SO if she hasn't replied here in say, 3-4 days, go right ahead and post an IC. No use waiting if you're willing to put the work in :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:15 am

It is my opinion that we should have the three of them discuss it through the RP before settling on the details

Ah, good idea. You mean the three characters discuss it, for example before Cadell and Garia do down to discuss the proposed hire? Teehe I can imagine this is going to be quite interesting…. :D

Ok, Ro if you see this, I shall wait a few days, then if nothing has been said here I will write the next post.

Hugs all

EDIT: Why does it put a huge space when I quote?? :|
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eltirwen » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:43 pm

Aiwe, would you like to post again, or do you want me to go ahead and post? I promise, you'd have something very easy to go off of... :twisted: I'm kinda eager to get this show on the road. And I could probably pull Lian in real easy. And Rien, too.

*is trying to restrain a rabid muse*
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aiwe » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:47 pm

Take it away, Elti!

*Sneaks around behind and starts feeding Elti's frothing muse chocolates*

:D

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:27 am

ok, I've started the next post. I’m not quite sure how it will turn out or how soon I'll be able to get it up, as I have rather a lot of work to attempt to do, but I shall try and finish it soon.

Huggles

*watches Elti's muse curiously*
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:59 pm

Well there we go. :roll:

Facade- I am very sorry if I murdered that scene, just let me know and I shall happily poke it.
I think I may have focused too much on the emotional concept rather than the detail of the idea. Hmm :shock:

But now I'm off to sleep as it is midnight and my eyes are closing. :zzz:

EDIT: Changed a few things in the post already. AND sleep deprivation does funny things to my gramma.... :D
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eltirwen » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Well, there it is. Hopefully, hooks a-plenty. :whistle:

So, who's next? :D

I love where you're going, Foolish and Pointy. I'll tell Ro to get her tuckus over here.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:41 pm

Indeed, great post Elti. Gripping stuff *rubs hands together in glee*

I love where you're going, Foolish and Pointy. I'll tell Ro to get her tuckus over here.

Thanks it's great fun to write. It was Foolish's cunning plan so I'm just merrily tagging along!
*adopts a Baldric voice; “I have a cunning plan My Lord…”*

Oh while I'm here, tomorrow night I leave at some unearthly hour to go on a trip to Germany and Belgium, so although I may pop in during the day tomorrow I then won't be around for a week, unless I can find a computer. Hurray am quite excited!

Look after my lass for me please.

Huggles
Pointy
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElfMaiden13 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:37 pm

EW! *pounces*

I haven't been doing many RPs lately, but my muse has been pestering me to get involved with another one. This one caught my attention. Is it too late to join?

I wouldn't suppose the fact that i spent the last three days reading all the OOC and IC posts would matter *faints* :P
ElfMaiden13
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:49 am

I'm sorry, ever heard of Real Life? :P

Great posts, guys. *rubs hands together* Now how could I best contribute...
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby undomiel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:04 am

Yes, Real Life has been keeping me preoccupied as well. :roll:

Aglanor emailed me and said that I could keep Damien alive so I will attempt to get a couple of posts up soon. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:20 pm

Real Life? What's that? Oh, that annoying thing telling me I have six weeks to find a full-time job. :roll:

Nice post, Aiwe! You want me to go next, or should EW or Undomiel take the next post? :D
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:42 am

Right well, after waiting for a long time I decided I could keep my muse restrained no longer and just let it loose. My apologies Ro, if you'd started anything yet...I waited a few days but you hadn't posted anything and I wanted to keep the story moving along. :oops:

As always, if there's anything that needs mending just let me know :D I suppose Pointy, that I'll have to wait till you get back from your trip before I'll know from you :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:39 pm

Elti, it's first come first serve. ;)

Nicey postey Foolish! :D

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:21 am

You could have emailed me.

No, actually I didn't start anything. So it's okay.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:15 am

*Prances into the thread and flings her arms round everyone*
I'm back! Need sleep, but it was very fun. :D
:grouphug:

Oh Foolish, that is a great post, I was laughing for about half an hour over Sermere choking in his beer. I have no idea why! No change needed from me.

Ro!! Great to see you, have another hug. Do you want to go next? You know you do...! :hug:
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:45 am

Of course I do, otherwise you'll all be convinced I'm completely useless...and with good reason, too!

Can you give me until friday? :)
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Aiwe » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:10 pm

Okies! We gots us some horsies. Undomiel, EW, Elti, I'll be more than happy to edit if I got your characters' reactions wrong or if I put to many words in their mouths. :)

Next post is up for grabs. Perhaps an exciting chase scene as we narrowly avoid capture by the Watch, and then just happen to head town the same road Foolish, Pointy, and Rodia's characters are following? :twisted:

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby undomiel » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:53 am

That was a splendidly creepy post, Aiwe. No changes necessary. :)

EW, are you still around? Do you want to take the next post?
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:54 am

Oooooh! You guys rock. Both posts were awesome! :D

Hmm... maybe someone should email EW and see if she wants to go next. I think there might be enough of an opportunity here [/sarcasm]. Although, I could make a post about how to get us out of the city...

And as for chase scenes, last time we saw him Odunar was running from the guards.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:21 am

Just in case, I'm letting you guys know that I'm writing a post. ;) Because I said friday and it's saturday, but I'm writing it.

:P
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:05 pm

*rubs hands in glee*
Of course that's ok Ro, all my days seem to be merging into one big blur at the moment as it is.

Nice posts everyone!

*Crawls of to finish her Hedda Gabler essay*
Aghhhhhh
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)