OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby ElvenWanderer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:05 pm

In case anyone was wondering, fear not- I have not dropped off the face of the earth. More like... gradually floating....? Anyway, I've been uber busy lately. I've started one post, but it's on the shortish side so I have to figure out a way to add more to it. I have an idea for another, but i have to talk with Willow a bit more first. I'll get them up as soon as i can. Hope everyone had happy holidays! :)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:49 pm

EW, I forgot to tell you last time we chatted, but I am back at school now, and my roommate (whose computer I use there) does not like AIM, so our further discussions must be either here or via email. I prefer email to maintain the suspense. :wink: :D
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:19 am

Ro, shush. Who cares? :P

Pointy post is up :D I decided to leave that last question for you to answer personally, as it were :wink: Let me know if anything needs changing. That goes for you to Ro :D

As for Trivial Pursuit the way we play is, every correct answer is a vodka shot. Or gin shot. It's amazing how much better most people do when they're slight (or more so) inebriated :P As for the cigarettes well, I played with two chain smokers which is as good as smoking each one yourself :roll:

EW, good to see you. Don't feel like you have to rush, good things do, after all, take time :wink: And I'm certain that anything you write will be wonderful.

Right, now I'm off to feed the dog. She's panting like a steamtrain next to my feet, hoping to attract my attention :P
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:44 am

Everything is fine, Fool...tell me, is, Cadell always this...blunt?

:P

No, seriously, I love it, I didn't think to make Garia that messy but I imagine he would be. Careless git.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:44 pm

Nope no changes needed! :D

Again an excellent post, and you got Pointy's nervous steak perfectly.

I am back to college tomorroow so I will have less time but I will see what I can do in my free's.

I am contemplating having Pointy becomeing slightly more trusting with Cadell, maybe actually telling a little of her situation. What do you think?

Rodia, could Pointy see glimpses of Garia's past? Im not sure where I'm going with that but there is a bubble of an idea floating around.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:41 pm

LOL! Ro, I expect it's a little heightened at this point. Garia got him thinking about one of the other reasons a woman might run from her home. Especially a young woman :wink: And if that was the case then he needed to know because, as he said, they wouldn't be able to do any hard riding if she was.

But other than that, yes I suspect he is rather blunt. He was a captain of a warband and he never really had time to mince around the real questions :P

Pointy, I think it would be fine if she wants to share a little of her situation with Cadell :D I didn't know he seemed so trustworthy! Don't rush the post. I look forward to seeing it when it's done
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:58 pm

Tag-back, Aiwe!

Please forgive me if my post seems a little strange. This is called I'm sickand tired, but my muse won't leave me alone. Also why it's shorter.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby feaguire » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:11 am

Sorry guys!!!! :(

I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really sorry about this
and I feel really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad! But I don't think I can continue in this RP.
I'll edit my one post in the IC, so don't worry about that.

Thanx for having me eveyone! EW, this is a great idea for a RP! :thumbsup:

fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Aglanor » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:30 am

Fea: No problem, and was good to have you for awhile. Come back when you've got more time...;)

Great posts all! :D

Two things:

1. I'm making some changes to Damian. Instead of him being a wanderer, I thought: Why would a guy who apparently lives forever (he's still cautious on the ground, himself) be wandering? So instead, I thought it was cooler if he infiltrated a noble family with a nice patch of land and a few villages, and make his way up to heir of the family estates and the title of Duke. Since he lives forever he can marry the eldest daughter and when the sons eeeh... 'accidentally' pass away, she inherits everything.

And when she dies, Damian does...=:)

Thus thing number 1.

As for thin number 2. I was thinking on Dark and/or shadow magic and Aiwe came with the idea of Life Magic cancelling out Necromancy. So what if every sphere of magic has it's shadow side? Life Magic > Death Magic being one, and you could basically do it with any magic sphere. If you all like the idea, I'll have Damian take Spirit Magic. Playing with peoples minds, and creating illusions and hallucinations. Should be fun...;)

Anyway, writing a post, and I got a bit ponderful in the process...:D
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby Rodia » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:12 am

Hey Feaguire, hope to catch you in another rp some day.;)

Pointy, if your character can do that I don't see any reason why not. In fact it could be fun... =:) Just keep in mind Garia's not at all an angsty type(and that also means he has no mental guards up whatsoever:P so you should find it easy to fumble around his memories...but beware of the junk. :P) and he remembers pleasure a lot more vividly than pain. If you know what I mean... he's just not the kind of person who'd brood, he has a short attention span, and thus focuses on the immediate present. Most of the stuff other people would consider painful memories, he just sees as 'can you believe how stupid that was? So anyway I left and then I met these people in a tavern...' He immediately moves to the stuff that interests him, and what interests him is having a good time. :)
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby undomiel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:43 am

I've got a post almost ready but it's going to be taking place the next morning and mostly at the council. So I'll wait until Aiwe and Eltirwen are done with their confrontation, since Odunar is supposed to be in the Council. As soon as you're done I'll move us to the next morning. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:40 pm

Well it's done, the next post is up!

It didn't turn out quite how i planned it would at the beginning but my mind talked and my fingers typed. :roll: I think I may have let Pointy say a little too much. Oh dear.
My bubble of an idea popped a little but it is still hovering somewhere in the cobwebbed corners of my mind. :D

Let me know if you want anything altered or poked.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:28 pm

Hail and Happy New Year Everyone :lol:

I got up a post but it is really part of one. I got this whole big scene( or maybe a few scenes) and it all was just sort of there. I got that much of it down and I think it will come in two more but I'll have worked out a reason to get Bandar and Co on the road by the end of it.

All I can think right now logistically is that what makes sense is this group heads to Brahna and we would most likely have to pass through the southern most part of the forest where Calet is located. That is the best reconign I can do with out anything to reference.

From the descriptions We cannot be near the desert and to have the plateau between us and the shore/port city of Brahna( such a city would be or become the capitol city) I dunno it is hard for me to see where everyone is but I think with this we could possibly hook up with a group traveling to Brahna along the way.
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby The_Fool » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:26 am

fae, it was good to have you whilst you were here. As Aggie said, please do come back when you have more time!

Aggie, I really like both your ideas. The first the most I think, because it gives Damian a sense of power and an income to fund his ventures. He'll be an even grander power to reckon with if he has a title and backing. Mix in a few politics and I think we'll have a lot of trouble on our hands :P

I also like the idea of negatives and positives in the magic world. It's all about balance after all. One cannot exist without the other :wink:

undomiel, I await your post with bated breath :D I'm exceedngly cat curious as to what will happen next.

Pointy, no altering from me :D I think the plan after this will be for the three of them to sort out which direction they're heading in. Garia and Cadell will probably head for the place where they're most likely to gain a hire, and try to be flexible enough with their plans to help Pointy get to wherever it was she was attempting to flee too :wink:
Sound good to you Ro?

Now, I know Elti is very keen on having us travel to Brahna because she needs the hire dearly. So how does that sound to you? :)

Hue, *bows down to the master storyteller* Sublime post Master Bard :D I enjoyed it thoroughly and I simply cannot wait for the next part.

I also am a little fuzzy on the world's geography. If anyone can help clear things up for me I will be exceedingly greatful :oops: :P
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:15 am

Pointy, good job. :)

Now don't tell me it's my turn :shock: Fool?
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:58 am

Cheers :)

Garia and Cadell will probably head for the place where they're most likely to gain a hire, and try to be flexible enough with their plans to help Pointy get to wherever it was she was attempting to flee too

Sounds good, I shall have a think over locations soon.

Ro, don't sound so scared!!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby undomiel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:53 am

EW, how many council members are there? I'm almost done with my post. It's going to be a long one. I hope no one minds. :)

Yes, Ro, don't sound so scared. Your last post was great. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:58 am

Yes, how many are there? I know of two: Odunar, and Lekan the old fart. Who is going to be trouble. :roll: I'm really looking forward to that post, Undomiel! Feel free to use Odunar.

Wonderful posts, pointy and Hue! :)
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby undomiel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:11 am

Who's Lekan? :? Any information about the council would be aprreciated. I think that there'll probably be a representative from each city at least. (At least, that makes sense to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, EW.) So if anyone has any ideas about their city's representative or names for them I would be glad to hear them. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:15 am

I mentioned Lekan in my second post. After me and Aiwe finish playing, we'll meet the old stinker. Basically he's the head of the Spirit Mage hierarchy, I think. He's old as the hills, so if some geezer just happens to not like what's presented to the council, that'll be him. I was thinking there'd be more than one representative from each city, and maybe a head to break ties or something.

Ag, he's a negative Spirit mage? :shock: Why do I see trouble in my future?
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:02 pm

Elti is very keen on having us travel to Brahna

Facade and Ro if you want your characters to head in that direction feel free. I am still a little confused with the geography, so are there cities or towns en route , should Pointy go to Brahna or should she toddle off and then meet up with a group later?

I have no idea, my muse has gone to sleep. :zzz:
What would everyone else prefer?

Elti am going to join the congratulation on that post, Well Done!

:angel:
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:28 pm

Guys, I'm SOO sorry I haven't gotten the map up yet. I've been swamped with school work lately. Stupid research papers.... anyway, Reist is kind of long and narrow-ish. The plateau is at the edge of the desert all the way on the western side of Reist. there are about two hundred miles of space, and then there's a small mountain chain that connects from the mountains on the eastern side. it divides the desert and the forest (rainshadow effect) I'll post as soon as i finish my mythology paper.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:29 pm

Edit: Oops, EW, you snuck in there when I wasn't looking. :lol:

Great posts Hue and Pointy I'm almost done with another, so Caedmon will finally get out of there. :D

Willow
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:37 pm

Willow, by the way... my e-mail hasn't been working correctly for some reason. If you remember what we talked about last time, post your part. If not, just post and I'll try and work with it. Or something... :|
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:41 pm

I remember, and I will. How far do you want me to take it? Do you have another post you want to put up before Rhavara meets Caedmon, or would you prefer me to take him all the way to the point where she finds him?
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:44 pm

all the way. hehe. and i'll pick it up from there.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:49 pm

This is going pretty good huh? :lol: Once I get home Im gonna try and get up the rest of that post and get my guys on the road. I dont' know what ta do much after that so I will see who we might hook up with.

With no better geographical guide, we will be headed into the Woods. BTW is there a yellow brick road? :wink:
erinhue

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:24 pm

I'm planning on there being a few roads in the woods, with perhaps one or two which seem to be roads but aren't . . . or so you think when you get to the end of them. . . :twisted:

And there are also many rumors of a demon in the woods, which the locals outside of Calet will be more than willing to regale you with. As I mentioned before, the edges of the forest are populated with somewhat unsavory characters. :D The very superstitious sort, as well as the sort which prey on the superstitious sort.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:37 am

EW darlin' I dont know if its a guy thing but I will be sooooooo happy when ya get that map out. I don't care how skecthy it is I can feel myself reluctant to set out on the road without a map, I hate asking directions.

OH yeah is there any sort of free floating evil out there? Is our bad guy on the move? Any left over Orcs and such? Or should I just stick with the general thieves and ambushers along the way?

Willow "Scuse me darlin but I just caught your post. OK 8) I can work with that idea and when Bandar and co set off we will be looking for advice from the natives. :wink:
erinhue

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:21 am

I don't know whether it is a guy thing or not, if it is, then I'm weird, because I've been pestering EW for that map everytime I catch her on AIM. :D And I'm glad I could help. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)