OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Map

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:57 pm

I know you're all going to love me for this...I finally got a version of the map posted online. the URL is

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/9 ... istMap.JPG

The curved lines are the approximate boundaries of the forest/desert. I'm working on drawing the actual desert/forest landscape. As soon as I have it done, I'll update the one that's up. If you have any other questions or comments or suggestions or whatever, please let me know.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:53 pm

Woohoo!!!! :clap:

. . . hmm . . . that means either Caedmon is very far into the forest, or else Rhavara is fairly far from her cave . . .
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:29 pm

:clap: :happydance: :thumbsup: :D 8)

One thing. I think that the mountains to the southeast of Yarlek(?) should come out more towards the center. If they do stretch out that way then Bandar &Co would have to travel around them and therefore into the forest and towards Calet which would give them a better chance of inteacting with some other group. Also I like the woods better than the mountains so that's the way I would rather go. I'm from Brooklyn, we don't climb.

Also about the rivers , they don't run to the sea like they should and there isn't enough of them going around far enough to provide enough water for thriving societies.
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:48 am

like I said, it's only the rough copy. i'm working on the final right now. :)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:36 pm

hurray nice map!!! Thank you!!

*Sits down and waits for the next post*

Acctually I have a couple of exams this week so I probably won't be around much but I will read all when I return.

Doh, I hate exams :(
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:08 pm

Another post up. Caedmon is out of Calet. :twisted:

Oh, and I got MSN Messenger now, with my yahoo email, so if anyone wants to add me there, its spiritofthewillow at yahoo dot com.

Your turn EW!

Willow
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:09 am

EW I wanna apologize. I just got a look at how my last post must have sounded and Im really not that petty but I got so excited about the map an all that I just couldn't keep my big mouth shut, sometimes my patience is not what it should be. I appreciate the map like ya can't know how. :lol:
erinhue

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:20 pm

Nice post willow!

Facade and Ro if you want your characters to head in that direction feel free. Are there cities or towns en route , should Pointy go to Brahna or should she toddle off to a town or somewhere and then meet up with a group later?

I have no idea, my muse has gone to sleep.
What would everyone else prefer?

Oh dear quoting my self. :| Any suggestions anyone, just had an exam, my brain is full of Conrad and i can't think.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aglanor » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:55 pm

Edited my bio to include Damian's step up the social ladder, and explaining his magic talents a little. Writing post as we speak, so expect it in a few days...:)

EW: Cool map! That should be helpful indeed...:)
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby The_Fool » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:25 pm

EW many thanks for the map! As Hue pointed out, I do think there should be a few more rivers, or are those on the map simply the main one? :)

In any case, I looking at that I would place Cadell, Garia and Pointy's position as one somewhere between Calet and the final length of the Paril River. Does that sound about right to you two? It was one that fitted the most in my mind, considering the scenery so far described :D

Pointy I'd say we shall wait while the muses flesh out their own ponderings before we decide exactly which path to take with regards to your departure. Keep it flexible so to speak. There's a good deal of travelling to be done either way (less of our boys head to Calet, more of they head to Brahna; and considering how little food and coin the lads have I'm thinking necessity will drive them to Calet before Brahna). If so they better watch out for forest demons :wink:

Willow, a marvelous post! I can only hope Caedmon survives this as best he can. Ah, the folly in trusting unsavoury strangers :wink:

Aggie, looking forward to that post. Ro, how's yours coming? :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:58 pm

The_Fool wrote:Willow, a marvelous post! I can only hope Caedmon survives this as best he can. Ah, the folly in trusting unsavoury strangers :wink:

Well I certainly hope he survives it . . . otherwise I'm out of a job. :shock: :D

And thanks. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:43 pm

Hey, Eltirwen...

I'm a little confused as to what I should post next. Your last post ends with Voke asking about the council. I'm not entirely sure what the council is myself, so I was wondering if maybe you could post and have Odunar explain it? I'd really appreciate that. :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:55 am

Well, I'll see what I can do. Maybe I could edit, and have Odunar demand to have his question answered first? Would that work for you? Like I said, I was not feeling well when I wrote that, so...

Someone got me a PM! :happydance:
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:18 pm

Congrats on the PM Elti! I love the pic you chose. :)

Great post,EW! Lets see what my muse can dig up. How tall is Rhavara?

Edit: I'm off for the weekend, and shan't have much writing time. So I'll get stuff up sometime. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Hey great posts everyone!

There's a good deal of travelling to be done either way (less of our boys head to Calet, more of they head to Brahna; and considering how little food and coin the lads have I'm thinking necessity will drive them to Calet before Brahna). If so they better watch out for forest demons

Facade, Ro I think that going to Calet would be both logical and interesting.
Not only can stores etc be replenished I think it would give a chance for Pointy to explore who she is and why she can communicate and for themm to find other people.
What do you guys think?
Who is taking the next post when they have time?

oh, with the forest demons, I'm being dense, do you mean one of the characters? :cry2: Did you say somewhen that you Cadell could think Rhavara was his Godess? Or are they different?[/b]
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:26 pm

I'm so sorry, I'm home now, reading up, working on it. Yikes...
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Eltirwen » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:27 pm

Aiwe, wherever you are, I went ahead and edited. Short, but I hope it works.

Still loving everyone's posts! I'm rather glad we're slowing down a bit, though. I've got classes starting again Monday, and that means homework.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aiwe » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:43 pm

It works ;). Thanks.

EW, is Rhavara's wolfish companion kind of like Seelo? I was just looking at her cliiped dialogue. We could have some interesting plot twists there...:)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:31 am

The_pointy_hat_trick wrote:oh, with the forest demons, I'm being dense, do you mean one of the characters? :cry2: Did you say somewhen that you Cadell could think Rhavara was his Godess? Or are they different?

Pointy, the rumors of a forest demon do refer to Rhavara :)

Aglanor I like your post. Quite, quite brilliant. :D
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:44 pm

Rhavara is 5'9" or so. And Drahne is a normal wolf... well... not really. But you'll see. :) Note: She's larger than normal sized wolves.

Aglanor, I love the post. You have unknowingly helped me a great deal. *evil cackle* :twisted: This is going to be great.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby erinhue » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:02 pm

OK the volcano is awake. 8) Next post will have a small erruption and will also set Bandar and Var and ? finally on the road and headed into the wood.
erinhue

Postby Eltirwen » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:57 am

Nice posts, Hue and Aiwe!

Aiwe, I'm not quite sure where I want to go next. You do want me to post next, right? Should I wrap this up and let them go to bed, so that Undomiel can post her bit about the Council? We could always have Voke and Shaya get to know each other better while Odunar is busy. The question is, how would you prefer Voke to be viewed by Shaya, because I'm posting from her point of view next. Feel free to contact me on Yahoo or AIM, if you want.

Hue, you aren't thinking of killing off Var, are you? I've got an idea for him for later... Just curious.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aiwe » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:28 pm

I trust you to come up with something great, Elti. Anything you'd like to do next is fine with me. :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:51 pm

Pointy, as Willow said, I was referring to Rhavara when I mentioned 'forest demons.'

I did also mention that Cadell may believe Rhavara to either be either his Goddess in particular, or one of her 'servants' (for want of a better word). I can imagine that (whether he continued to believe it or discovered her human like himself), he would hold a great deal of respect and honour for her.

Ro is also working on the next post, which she promised me would be up today I believe *pointed look in Ro's direction* and I think she's steering us in the direction of Calet :P

A quick question for EW, there are other settlements and villages around aren't there? I assumed there were, but that you have only marked the main cities on the map. Just curious because I think our group will have to stop off in a few towns along the way to Calet.

Wonderful posts all :D Lovely to read. Each and every one of them.
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:38 pm

Great posts people! :D This is so much fun!

And if anyone heading into the forest cares to find my donkey that would be great. I think that she's wandering her way out of the forest. :) The stuff she didn't manage to lose is mostly food and herbal stuff. :D
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:47 pm

Eltirwen, Facade My monster ego thanks you. 8)

I knew right off that Var belongs in this tale. I only have a vague idea at the moment but, heck no I ain't about ta kill'im off any time soon. I'll come up with some ill fated tagalong we can kill off as needed. Sure hope I don't start liking the guy though. :roll:

Spirit darlin' ( if ya don't mind me callin' ya that :oops: ) I think my boys just might come across your wandering donkey if she's anywhere near the foothills of the mountains. We'll be coming that way.

I am open for the opportunity of meeting on the road but are we all still supposed to be headed towards Bahran(? the port city) I'm gonna send Bandar and Co to the Mage's Council (is that right? I gotta get a cheat sheet for this thread.)
erinhue

Postby Aglanor » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:38 am

Thanks all! :)

EW: You're making me very curious indeed...:roll::D

Undi: Any idea when or where you're introducing you're villain yet? Not sure how long I can keep up monologues. ;)

Great posts EW, Hue, Aiwe and Spirit!
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby Rodia » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:27 am

The_Fool wrote:
Ro is also working on the next post, which she promised me would be up today I believe *pointed look in Ro's direction* and I think she's steering us in the direction of Calet :P

Using the verb 'to steer' in conjunction with my name is always a gross misunderstanding. :P

I have about half the post written, and the immediate delay is mainly due to my fear of playing Pointy wrong. Pointy, when your character rode out, did she just ride madly without cognition, or did she keep aware of her surroudings? Say someone asked her questions such as, how far did you ride from, which direction, will someone be after you soon, would she have any idea?

I can think of the answers etc, I just can't decide on what she'd act like. My general feeling is that Pointy just focused on getting away, and trusted her horse to carry her far, but didn't think further than that...is that right?

Better safe than sorry...I'll get used to it soon, I'm sure.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:21 am

:P No post yet, just wanted ta holler hey at Ro. HEY, RO :!:
erinhue

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:04 am

Hue Well, its certainly ok if you call me darlin' but I prefer Willow to Spirit. ;)

Well, I was intending to take Caedmon to Brahna, as that seemed the logical place for him to expect to learn something about the dragons. He'll be ecstatic to meet your people with their dragon lore. :D
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)