OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby undomiel » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:09 am

Aggie, I don't know when I'll be able to get my villain's post up. I'm sorry. I'll try my best. :(

We were called out of town over the weekend to see my husband's grandmother in the hospital. Yesterday she passed away so we'll be going away again for the funeral on thursday and friday. I'll probably be back on saturday and I'll try to get something up this weekend. No guarantees though. :)

I will definetly put up my council post by tomorrow whether you're ready for it or not. ;)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Aglanor » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:21 pm

My condolences, Undi...:(

And it's no hurry yet, so don't feel pressured. I can at least pull out one more post on Damian alone. So I should be okay for awhile...;)
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:13 pm

Oh at last, I hav't been able to post lately!

Ro I sent you an email in response to what you asked about Pointy, I don't know if you got it.
If not it basically said:
>She had some idea of direction and pace when she left but lost it in panic.
>Did flee in fear with no set plan
>Doesn't know how for she travelled with Cadell and Garia
>Would panic at the idea that she could be being followed.
>Incosistancies don't really matter as Pointy is irratic and random and also still unsure of Garia.

Don't know wether that is any help. :|
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eltirwen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:28 am

Ok then, now we're in bed and Undi can post her Council post, which I'm sure is amazing by now. Um, feel free to take that hook, Aiwe - Eltirwen really doesn't have any friends her own age, like it said in the post. I just wanted her to show a little more of her personality. Seelo might freak her out a little bit, but she doesn't believe in thinking someone's bad unless they give her a good reason, besides a dream. Especially since Voke isn't acting like the dream.

Just had a weird thought - if any villain wants to claim responsibility for the weird dreams, feel free. It might be fun tormenting an innocent girl, you know? Especially one with "dragon eyes". Just a thought.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby undomiel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:35 pm

Well, my post is up and I am relieved. I'm already planning my next couple posts in my head. I'll try to get another up this weekend. :)

I finally had the chance to read everyone else's posts too. Great job everyone! :D
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Oooh! Nice post! Lekan was perfect :) Now he's in a bad mood! Just what I needed :D

Would it be all right if I had Odunar approach Rien at the inn, maybe the next day?
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:17 am

Yep I got it pointy, I'm really sorry about the delay, it will be tonight or tomorrow morning.

Really sorry.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:32 pm

Thats no problem Ro, can't wait to see what youv'e come up with. :D

Sorry I left a rather open ended one last time. :|
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:50 pm

Just a quick notification: I am away as of tomorrow and will be gone for a week. I look forward to reading when I get back, build up the narrative my friends!

Look after Cadell for me :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:26 pm

Bother. My fault, everyone...took me so bloody long to write and post that. I promise I won't delay like that again.

And no, Pointy, you didn't rush me, don't worry. I'm just aware that I procrastinate way too much. :P The post is..well it doesn't advance us much I'm afraid. I hope I didn't put too much stress on Pointy's bond with her horse, but I thought it was important. If I missed anything important don't hesitate to tell me.

I haven't a clue what will happen next.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:07 pm

No need to worry that was a great post and I think you got Pointy and Daeglow fine.

Facade, if you are away I guess it is my turn to write? Of course we will look after him.

So are we heading towards any particular little town on the way to Calet, or just any one? Can I invent a name for it or are there some already in existance?
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby undomiel » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:28 am

Eltirwen, that's what I was hoping you'd do. :)

I haven't had a chance to work on another post yet. Things have been crazy this last week. I'll get one up as soon as I can. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:04 pm

Am working on the next post but it is progressing a bit slowly. Sorry.

Will try and get it up soon. Hopefully tomorrow or tonight.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Hurray, done!! :)

Again any alterations or problems please let me know and I'll change it.

I don't know what happened to my writing style, it kinda changed, especially the bit with the fox. :|

Hmm

Hope the end is ok for who ever wanted to take the next post.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:51 pm

Nice post Pointy, especially the hint with the fox, that will be interesting to play with. :D And we reached two pages! *is easily pleased*
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:58 pm

I'm working on a post, I swear... :pull:

Elti, please don't let me hold you up.

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:43 pm

especially the hint with the fox, that will be interesting to play with. And we reached two pages! *is easily pleased*

cheers, I thought I might as well introduce a hint to open up possibilities.

Hurray it wasn't just me who was excited over it!! Well it was late at night.... :roll:
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:44 pm

The_pointy_hat_trick wrote:Hurray it wasn't just me who was excited over it!! Well it was late at night.... :roll:

:lol: it was 4 in the afternoon for me, so I don't have that excuse . . . unless it was 4 in the morning . . . but I don't think I was up that late . . . er . . . early. . . :wink:
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:18 pm

Back :D

Lovely lovely lovely and we're on the second page!!! :drink: What a wonderful surprise to return home to.

Posts are grand. I shall have to drag my muse out of the Bowmen and put it to work I think :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:30 am

lol, mental image of Foolish dragging his protesting muse from thread to thread.

hmm

Anyway, out of context; It's my bithday!!! yay!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:09 am

Happy Birthday Pointy!

I've been rolling some ideas around in my head for a post from my old Wanderer Mendel, I'll see if I can make them stick.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:17 pm

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY POINTY! :D

lol, mental image of Foolish dragging his protesting muse from thread to thread.

LOL! You don't know the half of it. I have to drag it from Bowmen to a Bardic Festival to the Gypsy Guild to the HMS Castamir to here. And depending on where it's feeling most attached it goes to the rest of the threads kicking, screaming...biting :roll: I need to invest in some good leather arm guards I think. Sometimes it can be bought with cigarettes and coffee but it has a mean streak like you wouldn't believe so more often than not...it can't be.

*sigh* At least it's always productive

EDIT: Just had a cup of coffee and inspiration struck :P What do you and Ro say to this particular plan of action? Cadell and Garia need a hire for the coin. I'm thinking they agree to take Pointy to Calet, but to get there they take a job guarding a caravan. Say people are a little nervous on the roads thanks to the doings in the woods? Men getting chopped up and hung from trees and what not :wink: I don't mind taking on the task of developing a few minor characters for the caravan. I'm thinking a merchant type, a little nervous, overweight, taking a couple of bolts of cloth or something over to Calet to sell to the shopkeepers there. He wants a little business insurance so he hires Cadell and Garia and agrees to feed their runaway too. Although, Cadell may have to say she's Garia's wife or woman or something to keep any other men in the caravan from asking too many questions or trying anything. He'll explain that to Pointy. In fact, if you like that idea you pick the mercenary to play your husband :P Anyway.....lost my train of thought....oh! So they'll escourt the merchant to Calet (and I'm thinking there HAS to be at least one skirmish with a couple of bandits =:) What can I say, I'm eager to let Cadell do some killin' :oops: ) get food and pay whilst doing so, then we'll sort out the next step on the way there.

Yikes....sorry there are no paragraphs in that ramble :shock:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby undomiel » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:52 am

Aggie, I've begun writing my villain post. Sorry it's taken so long. Let's just hope February isn't as crazy for me as January was. I've just got one question. What part of Reist is Damian living in? Chiel's going to come visit him. ;)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:13 pm

hurray thanks! I had a purple cake!! *dances round*

Woah your muse was certainly kick started Foolish!
That sounds a perfectly delicious idea! :happydance: :D I like the sound of your merchant, and if as you say he is nervous he would be keen to hire Garia and Cadell when the rumours reach him. Mwahaha
I love the idea of pretending Pointy is either of yours wife. I guess she would be a little unnerved when told, but willing to go along with it! lol. Going by the characterisation so far I would say she is less at ease with Garia than with Cadell, (and also Cadell knows more of her situation) but is trying to understand them both, so that is up to you guys.

I'm thinking there HAS to be at least one skirmish with a couple of bandits

Definitely!! I swear you are my alter ego! That would be very interesting, and we need action and time to plan the next move! In this caravan would there be pack animals she could have a chat with?

If you need anyone else to take on a little character anywhere, I wouldn't mind. (If my work load doesn't suddenly increase!) :roll:

(Oh and I apologise in advance if I’m bit scatty next week or only here a bit, I have a play to do.) :shock:
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:45 pm

Pointy, I'm so thrilled you like it! :d There will definitely be pack animals in the caravan, mostly mules I should think, with a palfrey for the merchant. I'm toying with the idea of having the merchant's son with them but we'll see. I'm thinking there will be two covered carts to store the cloth in, as well as food etc for the journey.

You may certainly take on a minor character if you wish to! I won't be stopping you :D

Ro, do you have a preference as to which mercenary plays the husband? :P I expect the merchant and others around will find it a bit of an oddity that a mercenary's carting his wife around, but not unheard of. I wouldn't be surprised if Pointy gets a number of sympathetic "You poor thing, living life on the mercenaries' long road. Does your da know about this? Your poor mam must be terribly upset" :P

I'm thinking this entire idea will take up a great number of posts just to put into motion, but it will be well worth it :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:53 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Pointy gets a number of sympathetic "You poor thing, living life on the mercenaries'

Tehe mwahahaha. This is going to be interesting whatever direction it roles in! Can just imagin the conversation.

*Sits back comfortably and watches the idea grow* :D
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:12 am

So sorry I've been so late with a post. I was busy at work and then Maddy arrived and turned the household upside down :lol: I'll get something up this weekend.
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:23 pm

I'm certain we all understand that, Hue. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Aglanor » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:31 am

Foolish: Welcome back, jester-man...;) Good holiday?

Pointy: Belated happy birthday!! :D

Undi wrote:Aggie, I've begun writing my villain post. Sorry it's taken so long. Let's just hope February isn't as crazy for me as January was. I've just got one question. What part of Reist is Damian living in? Chiel's going to come visit him. ;)

Good question actually. Never thought about it. Let's see... Preferably not too far from Baeret, so best would be a small hamlet lying at the end of the lowest river flowing from the mountains. And let's call the village... "Marille". Good enough? :):)
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby Rholarowyn » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:43 pm

After taking a much needed break and regaining my perspective I have returned to TORC (yes I missed the ol' place) and would like to rejoin this story too. :) Willow and I have been chatting this evening and I can feel the muse waking up.

Any objections to my coming back?
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)