OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Eltirwen » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:24 pm

I would strongly object to you not coming back.

I will try and post this evening. Poor Odunar!
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aglanor » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:02 am

Elti wrote:I would strongly object to you not coming back.

Ditto! Welcome back, Rho...:):)
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:37 am

Alright, Aggie, my villain post is up. Hope you like it. :)

Welcome back, Rho. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:01 pm

I don't know you but WELCOME BACK!!

Ooooh nice post Undomiel.

Where has everyone gone. All lonely
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby erinhue » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:51 am

:shock: Rholarowyn! :woah: :clap: Hail Warrior/Bard :D Object? I am delighted ta see ya, and ta have ya back 8)

I don't know what I was talking about in my last post here. Last weekend was Super Bowl Weekend. :oops: We generally have a house full on Super Sunday, what was I thinking. OK same post only make it this weekend.
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby ElvenWanderer » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:10 pm

*shuffles in quietly looking at the floor* I know I've been missing from here for ages. My good 'ol dad's birthday, and now midterns.... but i had my last midterm this afternoon and now I'm back for good, I promise. I'm about to go off and read the updates. I'm so glad it hasn't died off in my absence. Gawd, I love you guys.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:12 pm

*faints with relief*

I'm so happy you're back!!! I was getting very very worried . . .
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Rholarowyn » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Elti, Ag, and undomiel, glad to be back. :D

Pointy, nice to meet you! :)

Hue, LOL…thanks. :hug:

EW, since you didn’t object, I’ll take that as a yes. :whistle:

Spirit, I’m playing around with the ideas we talked about and will be putting together a post soon. (I hope I still remember how to do this ;) )
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby Aglanor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:11 pm

Undi: Most excellent! Definitely something I can work with. Give me a moment for RL to settle down, and I'll continue from that point onwards...:)
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby The_Fool » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:59 pm

Aggie, you bet it was good :D Nothing beats lying in the sun all day with a good book. I think I averaged at 1-2 a day :shock: Along with that there were the walks and wandering with the dog. One evening the phosphorus was so brilliant the foam of the waves was gold :D

Pointy, a quick post to say, I'm working on it. Really :P My muse just keeps getting distracted by other characters in the sands of Rhun :oops:

Rho, welcome back to the tale! :) I most certainly have no objection to you rejoining. I'm eager to read what you and Willow have been planning. :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:57 pm

Um, that hook could be taken by EW or Undi. Or both :D Anyways, finally finished that post.

Nice villain post, Undi! She scares me. Chiel and Damian together? :shock: Eep.

I'm glad you're back, Rho! We'll need all the good characters we can get, with those two nutcases running around together.

Oh where, oh where has Aiwe gone?
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:28 am

Pointy, a quick post to say, I'm working on it. Really My muse just keeps getting distracted by other characters in the sands of Rhun

lol, thats ok, they do get easily distracted! Feed it chocolate.

My play is all over now so I am back. Am getting withdrawl symptons... :|
and my costumes have all been taken back.

*pats Eltirwen on the back*

Oh where, oh where has Aiwe gone?

And Rodia....
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aiwe » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:54 pm

Sorry, everyone. The well's dry. :( There's just nothing inside to write. I'll post when I can.

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Rodia » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:33 pm

As for me, I have this condition I'm trying to fight. It's called 'Checkathreadaphobia'.

Don't laugh. I'm serious.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby undomiel » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:21 am

As for me, I have this condition I'm trying to fight. It's called 'Checkathreadaphobia'.

I get that too. But I never thought a veteran like you would, Rodia. :shock:

Aiwe. :( Hopefully you will be inspired soon.

Eltirwen, I will write up a post ASAP. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:37 am

'Checkathreadaphobia'

*snorts with laughter and then stiffles it quickly*

Sorry its just the word :roll: aww huggles
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:39 pm

A veteran like me?

Veteran in what?

Twiddling my thumbs?

:P

I don't know where this idea that I'm an experienced RPer comes from:P. I've been in two RP's so far. In the first, I winged it with a character that never really fit the frame I designed for him, and relied largely on interaction with The Fool (sound familiar?) In the second, I just couldn't keep up and was one of the reasons the game died off.

Here I am in my third attempt, and still suffering from stage fright. I'm mortified to read that thread. Foolish has been kind enough to keep me informed as to whether it's my turn to write or not, but I'm just afraid to open the damn thread and read it.

It's weird.

But don't worry. I'm determined not to dissappoint.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:44 pm

Rodia wrote:As for me, I have this condition I'm trying to fight. It's called 'Checkathreadaphobia'.

Whereas I have an obsessive-compulsive thread-checking disorder. :P

EW, I've been trying to email you . . . is your email still down? I don't have AIM up at school, so I can't contact you that way . . . could you email me? spiritofthewillow at yahoo dot com :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:01 pm

Yes, my e-mail is still down. You can reach my at my yahoo account though. I check it every weekday. It's Flyingvampirepiggies@yahoo.com I'm struggling to pull a post together. I don't have enough to write with either character for a full post, and I want to try to avoid doing one post with both characters.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Beliran » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:42 pm

Awww Ro, don't be like that. I knew ya when and ya got what it takes so jump right in then just hang on. I started this with this persona and I think Im gonna try ta stick with it here :roll: with my memory, we'll see how it works, but some wonderful TORC angel gave the Captain here a gift PM and I figure it's only right that I should use it.

BTW, before i forget, this is Erinhue.

Sorry that I haven't left yet but I just got this idea with the stones which led me to something else so it's taking a bit longer than I tought to get'em on the road, We are out of the way and geographically the closest to our destination so I figured I'd play this string out and see where it leads.
Beliran
Citizen of Imladris

Postby nazgul_lord » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:03 pm

oops.
nazgul_lord
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:08 pm

Rodia, I just meant that you've been around TORC forever. I've been in more Rps than you have but most of them have failed and the ones that haven't yet are slowly being strangled to death. I've experienced the same fear because I'm not very confident in my writing. (Yet I still feel the need to write.) But I think you're doing a great job. You shouldn't be so nervous. It seems to me that everyone here is ready and willing to support you. :)

Erinhue/Beliran, no one could mistake your style. ;) Perhaps we could come to you. Obviously once the people in Brahna meet up (Which I'm still working on. My whole family has been sick for the past week.) there won't be much else to do around there. We'll need to leave anyway. And since there seems to be some important activity going on in Yarlek it might be a good place for us to start our quest. Just an idea. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:01 pm

Nice post Erinhue!

I've been in more Rps than you have but most of them have failed and the ones that haven't yet are slowly being strangled to death.

Aww the poor things! And Ro, comfort yourself with the fact that you have the reputation of a great RPer, whatever you may think!
And as for you being not confident about your writing Undomiel, there is no need for it!

Though I think I understand you, is it that when you write something you are attached to it and do not want it to be picked apart or held up for examination? I feel like that a lot too, if so!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rholarowyn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:47 pm

Hi Fool, and thanks. I'm eager to write out what Willow and I have been "plotting" as well. ;)

Ro, from what I've seen many RPer's start out with this fear, and it seems the only way Ito get through it is to write through it. I can't tell you how many times I was petrified to post a post. There were times when I would have someone else read it for me first, that helped. But finally I just had to bit the bullet (especially when no one was around ;) ) and post it for all to see. It really helps when people post their postivive thoughts or feelings about a post in the OOC thread. Doing this gave me the confidence to keep writing. :) There is one thing I've learned about the RP community. Everyone is encouraging and supportive and wants to help, which is a nice enviroment to learn in.

RL has been a bit rough lately, but I hope my muse will come out and play here soon. I want to get into the story. :)
Rholarowyn
Warrior Bard of the White Tower

Postby Aiwe » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:29 pm

Hope things get better for you and your muse soon, Rho. :)

I'm sorry that post took so long. :( I will try to keep up better with this RP now that my muse is making a few cameo appearances now and then. Sorry for holding you back, Eltirwen! :oops:

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby undomiel » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:22 am

Great post, Aiwe. :)

Seriously working on a post today.... promise. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:39 pm

I will try to keep up my end of this but I don't really know if I will be able to do that. I don't want to drop out right now because I think I will be in desperate need of diversions but I also do not want to hold the rest of you back any.

Since Bandar and Co have not yet set out perhaps I could leave them there maybe the quest could lead the others to Yarlek(?). If this non committal committment is not gonna work just let me know and I will write myself out but leave the characters so that they might be used as anyone else wishes.

My wife if very ill, I will most likely loose her in a year or two and that hope comes only with aggressive treatment. I cannot say what the future holds.
erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:54 pm

For my part, I'd like you to stay as much as you can. But I certainly understand if you decide you can't. My heart bleeds for you, and all the prayers I can muster. :cry: Make the most of what time there is, and thank God for every moment. :hug:
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:10 am

Hue, :grouphug: Do whatever you need to. I certainly think it would be easy to send the group to Yarlek, with the volcano erupting. I don't think you would hold us back any - the posting pace seems to have slowed some, which is nice. Just remember people all over are praying for your love - that's got to count for something.

Aiwe, post coming. Yours was very nice, and you weren't holding me back any, so don't worry about it.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:07 am

Aww Hue, you and your wife have all my sympathies, and I ditto the others in saying I will pray for the two of you. Never give up hope.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)