OOC: The Chronicles Of Reist

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Eltirwen » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:44 pm

I was going to try and post this weekend, but now I can't. I'm sorry. I will get one up when I can, Aiwe.

EDIT: Sorry, I have to do this. For my own sanity. See you around.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Garia » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:22 pm

This is really a bad time to come with such news but when it rains, it pours.

I'm writing this on behalf of Rodia.

First of all she wants to send Hue her best wishes and promise him her prayers. She says to remember that God's plan never includes an end to things, but many a change. This can be no comfort at all or a great comfort, and the choice is ours alone.

Ro really regrets to say that she won't be able to participate in this RP anymore as she got banned last night. The explanation the admin give can be found in this thread. Rodia wishes she had her own explanation to give but she doesn't. But you can email her if you like- her address is matthecat @ gmail.com. Failing that you can email me, and I'll pass it on to her- my address is theraubritter @ gmail.com .

She could ask The Fool to include her posts in those meant for Cadell, but that would risk Fool's banning. So she won't. She will help Fool devise a way to write Garia out of this game but it will be entirely Fool's post.

She regrets that her own fears and worries made her waste the time she could have used to participate in this excellent game. She hopes it will be as great an RP as its bud promises.

She wants to thank you all for being here and being who you are. God bless. (For the easily offended, a pat on the back only. ;) )
Garia
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Aglanor » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:35 am

I'm going into a non-TORC period for now. I cannot come to a message board, where I don't agree with the current policies. I may continue later on, but for now I'm gone. It's been a good few years, but the last months have been too bitter and disgusted for me to hang around. If I am quitting TORC completely, I'll write out Damian, but not yet.
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:18 am

Goodbye Rodia, and I hope that the others will come back soon. :(
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:08 pm

Aww Rodia, goodbye my lovely. Will miss you.

Thats a point what has happened to the Foolish one?

And ditto to Willow in saying come back soon to one and all.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aglanor » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:54 am

I'm sorry to announce it, but I'm leaving TORC indefinitely. Unless all those who have been banned recently will be unbanned, I will stay away. So write out my character any way you see fit in the story.

Will miss this RP, since I liked it a lot.
Aglanor
Mariner

Postby undomiel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:52 am

I thought at least some of them were unbanned. :? Isn't there any way you can stay, Aggie? I was really looking forward to posting with you. :( If you absolutely must leave then would you mind if I kept Damian going? That way you could always come back. :)

Is Eltirwen still with us? I'm kinda lost as to what to do next since the two people my nexts posts were going to be with aren't actively posting. :( I will try to think of something.
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:02 pm

I'm still here. Whatever else happens, I'm not leaving this RP. When my muse comes back, I'll get a post up. Which probably won't be until this weekend, since I'm in the middle of midterms.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:15 pm

Oh dear... this is all so awful. :( quite depressing :( I'm still here. Whoever's still with us please post so we know what's going on. We'll figure out what to do from there with the other characters...
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Most of the banned people were unbanned, but some were not, and that is upsetting to many people.

I'm still here. I won't leave until this is officially declared dead by EW. I could try to post again EW if you like, just let me know. I could just have Rhavara kick Caedmon out, as you don't want to reveal much more about her at the moment. Rho can find me on the road if she is still participating.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:42 am

Im still here, I won't be leaving either.

Didn't Rodia get unbanned?? Do you think they will come back??
It's such as shame as it was progressing so well.

We can keep it going though I think.

Who else is still here??
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:15 am

I got unbanned but I don't feel at home at TORC anymore. I'm sorry, guys, I just can't stay here and pretend everything is all right. It might all still work out but I'm too tired to hope.

Thanks for being understanding about this... I'll stick around to tie off loose ends and write Garia out. I'm still waiting for Foolish to write me back on how we should do it, I have no idea where that scoundrel is.

I'm really very sorry. I want to stay with you guys, but I'd feel like a hypocrite.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:06 pm

Aww Ro *huggles*, I'll support you whatever your decision, but I'll miss you.

In general, I don't understand whats been happening latley, why are so many if the old members leaving or saying it doesn't feel right anymore? There are so many.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:49 pm

I'm here. I'm here. I have not forgotten! I've just been away in a house with no tv, no phone, no computer...no reception. My cellphone didn't even work :P But it was fantastic and wonderful and marvellous and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I'm going to have to kick my muse awake now after its long slumber. I will sort this out...Just...probably not this week as I'm crashing straight back into work. Plus I need to get that damn painting finished so my esteemable patrons can hang it on their wall....

In any case, I'm back and the muse is about to be booted into the "working" chair :wink:
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:04 pm

lol, so rough with your poor muse. Can't wait for the end product though. :)

Plus I need to get that damn painting finished so my esteemable patrons can hang it on their wall....

Huh??

I am without TV at the moment. Or rather I have TV but messed up the screen by leaving a huge magnet on it so its all pretty shades of green purple and blue which make your eyes go funny.

*Waves at Spirit* Im staying too!!!
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:43 pm

Greetings To All, I was wondering if there is any Room for a Daughter of the Valar in here? If not I can amend my charicter to what ever is allowed. She is called Robin and travels throughout Middle Earth helping any who are in need.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:54 pm

Robin, this is a non-Middle-earth RP. :) If you read this whole thread, and the whole IC thread as well, and can come up with a character you might be able to join. :)
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:56 pm

Flops down into a chair and with a dramatic sigh and an equally dramatic press of his hand to his forehead announces:

It is done!

And a lot of grief the blasted muse gave me over starting but it certainly picked up once I forced it to listen :D Pointy, I believe you are to post next, seeing as Ro has vanished from the TORCan boards. When Cadell's in a temper he's not want to speak much so play from there :wink:

Robin, as Willow has said, this is a non-Middle-Earth related RP. So a few tweaks here and there and I suspect your character will be just as usable here as anywhere else. :)
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:04 pm

*Gazes at the Fool's sig pic*

:love:

:roll:

He's lurvley, Fool. It's so dificult to get volume in frontal perspective without colors. Mine genterally end up looking either flat or heavily bruised. :razz: . Keep up the beautiful work, Illuvitar's Illustrator! :D :thumbsup:
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:50 am

Nice post Foolish. Ok I shall post if Ro is not returning.
Ok so Cadell would be rather quiet. Would he be blunt to those when he actually does speak?

Mine genterally end up looking either flat or heavily bruised.

Lol mine too, or not in the least how I wanted it to look.

Ditto to Aiwe, tis indeed a lovely picture.
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rodia » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:55 am

Okay...you'll be either happy or annoyed with me, but I've reconsidered my decision. Stuff has happened, yada yada, not quite perfect yet but good enough for me to decide that I'll stay for the RP. It seems to be that way for a lot of other people too...RP rules by its own rights, and while I don't want to post anywhere else on the board I've thought it over and I don't feel bad about staying in here with you guys. Maybe it's just temptation speaking but who cares. :p

So, in short, I'm not leaving the RP. :) I hope the abrupt changes haven't put anyone out of their spirit. :P

Pointy, go ahead and post if you like, I'll plan my next post. :)

I'm glad not to be leaving after all.
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby undomiel » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:47 am

Yay, Rodia! :D:D:D I'm thrilled that you're staying and I'm sure everyone else is too. :)

Now I just have to buckle down and write a post. :whistle:
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:52 am

Wonderful! I'm so glad you are back Rodia. :) Now if EW would just say whether she wants me to get Caedmon out of there. :(
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:54 pm

RO you scoundrel! :P I'm very pleased you're staying. I was considering the fact that I might have to bring in another character just so Cadell wasn't all alone on the road :wink:

Pointy, I would think he would be. Blunt and possibly a little sharp too. I suspect Garia will have witnessed him in a mood like this before so he may have some cautionary advice to offer Pointy :P Sound right to you Ro?

Aiwe, :oops: :oops: You're too kind. My thanks, I'm rather pleased with how it came out. The first proper portrait of Façade the Fool :roll: :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:45 pm

Ro! :hug: I'm glad you came back

Fool - lovely post, lovelier picture! =:) Been causing trouble with that one?

Undomiel and Aiwe, I shall endeavor to get a post up over the weekend. You guys are magnificent :D I love the posts!

Now, to go lure my muse back, or force her back. By any means necessary.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_pointy_hat_trick » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:24 am

Okay...you'll be either happy or annoyed with me, but I've reconsidered my decision. Stuff has happened

YAY!! I am happy for you!

It's up to you, do you wanna post next? Or shall I continue this one? Take your pick!!

Fool- Nice advice and I think I will pick up on the Garia thing if that is ok with you Ro?

woohoo I'm glad you are back!! :)
The_pointy_hat_trick
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eltirwen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:54 pm

Got something up. Tag, Aiwe!

EW, I was thinking maybe you could have Lian bump into Odunar, or something.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby undomiel » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:16 am

Eltirwen, I don't know if you caught the hint in my post but for "just the type of person we're looking for" I had Voke in mind. Maybe Odunar could approach her about joining us? :)

EW, I hope you didn't mind my suggesting that mages could learn other types of magic. I didn't remember you saying whether or not it was possible. I can always change things if you don't like it. Lian is also welcome to run into Rien. :)
undomiel
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:40 am

I was planning on that, actually, Undomiel. I just wanted to let Aiwe post before I threw a wrench in the works. Odunar's going to have to get past those personal issues first, you know.

:angel: No I don't have anything planned, why do you ask?
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby The_Fool » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:59 pm

Pointy, I think Ro's rather busy at the moment so I'd just take the next post for your own if your muse has something planned or is simply eager to write :D
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)