The Dragon's War: Healer's Quest OOC

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

The Dragon's War: Healer's Quest OOC

Postby Cerridwen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:04 pm

From The First Post in the action thread:

There are currently no roles open, nor are we officially accepting new players; but should anyone else wish to join I ask them to request it in the OOC counterpart thread. Even if I particularly like you and consider your contribution worth giving a shot, the group only admits new players by simple majority vote.

Anyone who ignores this request and chooses to post in the midst of the action will be automatically disqualified from participating.
*************************************************************************************

Look who finally got off her duff and decided to do something useful...
Sigh

Well people, here I sit. It ain't the old place, but I can fix that.

bustles into what passes for the kitchen and starts muttering about where she'll find cocoa powder for making brownies...
Last edited by Cerridwen on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:33 pm

Hallo! Glad to see it up finally! Sadly, it happen's just as my life turns upside down. I don't know when I'll have internet access again, so... Call me. I'm probably reachable on my cell. At least for tonight.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

HALLELUJAH!

Postby Silvertears » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:41 pm

-pokes a head in the door and looks around-

Hello?

I have brownies!!

-is mauled-

Oy.

Good to see it going again. I am glad to have something to do with my time other than writing sappy Phantom of the Opera ff.

-dances-

Hugs all around!
Silvertears
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Cerridwen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:55 pm

Comes dragging in from her work in the IC thread... decides to allow herself one small bit of fun this evening, before she goes off to call PB...

Darnit, where's that 'yay' smiley... sigh Nevermind...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Mauls Sil, barely restraining herself from smothering her with kisses.

I have so missed you. So missed you, dear Sil...
*cough*
Sorry 'bout the mauling... it was your idea. How many months has it been since I've lost my dignity this badly? :P

Edit- Don't answer that, PB. There is only one person on this entire board that may legitimately be called foolish, and it ain't me. :P
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby feaguire » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:03 pm

Hi. Looks like you guys have already got something going here, but I was wandering what you're doing, and if you would except new people in (if I like whatever it is that you're doing)?

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:15 pm

Glowing golden eyes slitted open and peered at the newcomer from the shadows of one of the shabby place's corners.
I should like very much to know, the dragon rumbled irritably, what objection you could possibly make to this thing that you have scarcely made an acquaintance with. It is as ridiculous as my saying I disliked you, before I'd had a proper taste.
The scrape of talons on the bare floor and the leathery rustle of of wings announced that Kelvar had decided to be awake.
Cerri, he snapped irritably, I refuse to entertain visitors this early. You will show the youngster to what passes for the door. I will entertain guests when someone has done something with the decor. It is abominable. It is worse than a cave.
"I rather thought you'd enjoy having your own den," she returned, munching on another brownie from Sil's platter. "These," she said, around a mouthful of the delicious, tender little treats, "are just divine."
Kelvar offered a deep hiss and flicked his tail in annoyance. His eyes narrowed. And you think for one minute, he growled, that you can keep those a secret from me?
Sil grinned and tossed him one, which he caught handily. His mouth twisted into a broad, toothy grin.
I am appeased, for the moment, he said, by way of thanks. No visitors until tomorrow, little dear, or I shall decide to be vexed with you.
Cerri and Sil exchanged a look over the platter, shrugged, and went back to munching.
"Milk?" Cerri offered, grinning.
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Minion1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:09 am

Minion1 darts in, grabs the milk, flings it into Master Cerri's face, and clambers into the rafters to glare at Kelvar.
Minion1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cerridwen » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:32 am

hissssssssssssssssssssss "How dare you, you ungrateful, ungracious, uncivilized little snipe! No brownies for you!"

Grabs one of the drab little couch pillows and flings it up toward the rafters, where the little minion perches.
"I'll see that dragon roast you alive!" she snarls venomously.

Kelvar tilts his head, studying Cerri curiously. He chuckles.
I will be the one to decide, he replies softly, who it is that gets roasted around here.

Cerri hisses again.

Some hello you've got on you there, little snipe. Good to see you again. :P
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Minion1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:00 pm

"Hey, if you're going to cancel plans, I like an alert besides not showing up as much as the next person, thanks." :whistle:

Minion smiles at Kelvar.

"And why would I care about brownies? Or do you want me to have sugar?" :P
Minion1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cerridwen » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:02 pm

Oh... [smacks head and groans]

I knew there was something I'd forgotten! I knew it! Blast and thrice confound it, feel free to trouce me as you please!
Ai me I've been truant again...
Please don't set that dragon on me. Please... I knew there was something he was cross about.

Slinks away in a corner to hide.
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Neko_Eirien » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:25 pm

Eirien bursts into the room, throwing little chocolates into the air

I have one thing to say:
WOOO!

And I like the new name. Except that's 2 things. Ah well ^~

Eyes what's left of Silver's chocolate brownies.

Just advanced warning, I've got quite a few exams coming up soon, so I may not be posting all that much ^^
Nice to be back in business ^~
Neko_Eirien

Postby Minion1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Minion beckons Kelvar and whispers to him.

Kelvar drags Cerri out of her corner and shoves her before Minion1.

From her perch on the rafters, Minion1 gives her evil eye. "Don't you dare go off and hide! You're coming out into the open and staying there! We're keeping an eye on you if we have to give you a cowbell!"

Minion1 smiles happily. "And I have Miss Photographer with me on this one."

:twisted:
Minion1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cerridwen » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:04 pm

Looks around helplessly at all her friends-who-are-not, sniffles.

Well in that case, I think I have only one thing to say...

Façade!!!!!
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Minion1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:16 pm

Minion1 looks confused a moment before she stifles a laugh.

"Oh, cheer up! You don't mind being in the spotlight that much!

"Have some lime cashasa!" ;)
Minion1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Cerridwen » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:33 pm

I have posted. Let the games begin.

hisses at her minion and picks up one of the old wooden chairs, keeping it between herself and everyone else.

You want to play? Let's play.
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby PatriotBlade » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:59 pm

*laughes at Minion* Well, done little one. Show her what for!
Oh! And thanks, Cerri, for getting my absentee message out.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:51 pm

I have exams too, really. [sigh] And a paper due tomorrow. And what do I do? I get online hunting for new posts to devour.
[growls]

This is why I forbade my minions to come here for reading anything other than this. If I still lived at home, there would surely have been bloodshed by now.

Night all.
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silvertears » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:45 am

-is mauled for brownies, witnesses a brawl, stands there looking dumbfounded-

Well, I love you guys too! -pulls out another plate of brownies, munches thoughtfully-

Darn exams.
Silvertears

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:41 pm

Hey, I'm with you there over here....
I've got a few projects I need to work on. Until then, happy exam-ing, to you and yours. :D

Love,
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Silvertears » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:30 am

There. I've posted. God save us all from boredom. My last exam was today, thaaaaaaank you Lord.

-eats crunchy foods-

Yesh.
Silvertears

Postby Cerridwen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:45 am

Cerri enters the dark little den, looks around, and kicks the thread with enough force to elicit a startled squawk.

"Oh. Sorry old boy. How's the bum leg these days?"
Kelvar's words, for all that they came to her as a thought, sounded for all the world like he was forcing them between clenched teeth.
I am not Carrad, and that was my tail...
"Oh... well, better that than your nose, right?"
Kelvar's typically golden eyes had darkened to a fairly sobering shade of scarlet.
"Sorry?"
I was asleep just a moment ago.
"Very sorry?"
I was having some very pleasant dreams...
"Chagrined as well as very sorry?"
He eyed her measuringly, and Cerri found herself feeling much shorter than she in fact was.
Do not attempt that again.
"I meant to kick the thread! It's a metaphor!"
Metaphors sometimes have teeth, and they sometimes decide to use them.
Cerri put her head in her hands and heaved a sigh. It was bad enough that Kelvar had long ago acquired a mind of his own. It was worse when he decided to invade hers and play these games with it.
"Fine then, Metaphor With Teeth. You've been lazier than I could ever have given you credit for, letting all this go to pot for all these months."
The dragon bristled in irritation. I, little human, or thee?
"Thou."
Me?
Cerri chuckled. He snorted, but the bristling crest spines lowered slightly, and he stopped glowering. As you'd have it. But I have been right here, and you have not.
"And as a result I have been in more than one place at the time and have therefore been going just a bit crazy."
That is why you have Carrad.
She leveled a finger at him. "That was partly your fault."
He shrugged in a very rippling, serpentine gesture. Yours or mine, it amounts to the same thing. The question remains of what you will do about it.
"I should like to skin the lot of you."
He nodded, and the corner of his mouth quirked into a sly grin. There is a lot... assuming, and you shouldn't, that I would simply keep still and let you.
"If you continue to insist upon twisting my meaning, you're being more difficult than usual."
He got up and stretched, exactly as a cat does. I am making up for lost time. And the pleasure, as usual, is all mine.
"I could just stop all of it, and you could stay here and sleep, and dream, and... terrorize hapless folk." She spread her hands, indicating the possibilities.
You could, and so could I. But I will not and neither will you, because we are not like that.
"Except for the sleeping part," she muttered.
I ask you again, what are you going to do about it?
She spread her hands. "What is there to do?"
Another expansive shrug, ending in a slight flip of his tail. I will dictate. You will write... as ever before, except that I am encumbered by the necessity of having you present. I have a great many things to tell you, and you only increase your burden by putting it off.
She sighed. As usual, he was right.
Of course I am.
"You don't need to remind me," she sniped, as she dug through her piles of work to find the bits she needed. Abruptly she sat back on her heels and looked around.
"I need to move first."
His eyes narrowed. You mean you need to pack first.
"And air out my car. Or had you forgotten that yesterday I and three others took a ride in it after hiking back down a trail through a thunderstorm?"
He backed his eartufts and flattened his spines. I had not. I had thought you better organized than to leave all of that undone before you came prowling around here and insisting upon kicking my tail.
It was her turn to hiss.
He sighed. I will be right here, and I will probably be asleep. He shot her a scarlet-tinged glare. Mind you do not try that trick twice. I might decide to be vexed.
"You're always saying that," she muttered. "I don't think it's ever really happened, in all the time I've known you. At least not to me..."
He made no reply except to rumble such that the stones of the den/lounge trembled slightly. One of the glasses jittered right off the table, to land on the floor in pieces.
Clean that up before you go, he told her.
Soon the place was filled with the sounds of a large dragon being asleep, and a smallish human muttering and sweeping glass shards into a pile, to be put in a basket.
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Minion1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:35 pm

[enters and trips over Kelvar's tail]

[stumbles and catches herself, biting back a squeak

Master freezes. Kelvar snorts, twitches, and settles deeper into sleep.

"Be more careful! You're lucky that you're light," chides Master Cerri.

Minion1 slowly picks herself up and moves away from the dragon. "But you don't believe in luck, Master," she whispers as she bends down to help with the glass, absentmindedly cutting her hands in the process.

"Fine! Providence!"

Kelvar huffs at the interruption.

Master grabs Minion1's ear and shoves the broom and dustpan in her bleeding hands. "Here! Clean up!" she hisses and leaves.

[looks blankly after her master, grimaces, stares dumbly at her hands, shrugs, and finishes cleaning up the glass…]

[mutters] Is everybody okay?
Minion1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby PatriotBlade » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:09 pm

I'm back and tired, but let's get this thing going again!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:02 pm

Hello there, all and sundry.

tears a strip from the bottom of her cloak to wrap Minion's hands with, and hands the broom and dustpan to PB

Indeed yes, let's get this thing going again.

prowls away to find where she put 'the rest of the story', and continues muttering about dragons and their fickle ways...

Whatever you do, don't wake him up.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kelvar rumbled irritably in his corner, no doubt dreaming about the lazy mortals he'd been dragging around... and exploring, at least in his dreams, the drawbacks of continuing to drag them around, when weighed against the cost of simply eating them.
As he dreamed his tail twiched and flicked about, as a cat's does. His ear tufts twitched, and his wings rustled fitfully in the darkness...
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cerridwen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:52 pm

Sorry about the double post, but this is for the benefit of people who get emails when the thread updates.
I take it everyone else has started school too, or work, or some unholy combination of the above. Me too. This puts a crimp in the progress, such as it is, so I'm going to suggest something to make this a bit easier to juggle with everything else. I hate imposing minimum and maximum levels of participation [I don't think it is possible to have a maximum level of participation, unless it interferes with one's personal health and/or the bills getting paid :P] but I need to impose a minimum level of participation upon myself. If I'm to stay sane this term [I have three, count them, three labs] I will need to limit my posting in here. It's far too much fun, and I'll likely not pay attention to anything else... [blah-blah...]
I'm going to try to post in here at least once a month, and expect about the same from everyone else. The progress will be slow, but that also gives you silly bunch some time to work with. A month seems like a long time, but I get the feeling that, for me at least, it is going to fly. I'll need to cram as much of my actual required work into my most productive hours, and that means the muse will just have to settle. :P
Here's another thing, for your consideration... if I keep writing this myself, they'll put it in another place, and nobody else'll be allowed to write in it. I don't want that. It's no fun without the rest of you.
So my personal limit has two rationales: However much the rest of you post, I will have to post not more than three times a month. If there's no action, not more than once. That'll hopefully keep things moving, and keep this thing from getting moved.
I really don't want it in the Scriptorium. I really, really don't want it in the Scriptorium.
Anyhoo, rant over. :roll: Now darnit, get in there and post.

Love,
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Minion1 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:58 pm

[ahem]

Hello computer. Computer--[cough: loses Scotty's voice]

I mean, hello everybody and why is Master posting all alone?? :cry:

I miss everybody... :cry:

[cough: quits whining]

Hello? This is a role play. ;) And last I checked all the roles weren't Master's. [hint, hint]

I won't be brutal in my editing. Promise. :cry2:

-Minion1
Minion1
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Neko_Eirien » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:36 am

I'm back in the land of the living and I actually posted! I'm not quite back into the swing yet, so short posts I'm afraid :cry2: but once they settle for another night I may try some nightmares :twisted: funfun
Neko_Eirien

Postby Cerridwen » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:49 pm

Yes indeed. :hug: Good to see you again, sweetie!

pats her minion It's okay, dear. They'll post, or I will personally hunt them down and paint them in shades of pink and black. :P

Love,
Cerri

Hey lookie, another novellette! :roll:
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cerridwen » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:52 pm

Okay, this time I'm the bad guy. :roll:

Well, not like I was the bad guy at first, but like, this time I'm being bad.

[nonono...]

cough

This time I am the one not behaving oh dear, that sounds worse....

I'm the one not posting! I! Me! Thou!

cough

So I feel as though I should apologize, but I'm not going to. I've posted enough in there for ten of me, and two and a half of each of you. So there.

[cough]

The throat's fine, thanks. :D

Love,
Me
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cerridwen » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:36 pm

I wanted to post in here to welcome Troan back to the land of the living. I hope things are well with him, and with the rest of you.

And the incredibly brief post in there has a point. It will all become perfectly clear later, I promise.

Happy holidays from where I am to where you are!
Love,
Cerri
Cerridwen
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)