OOC: The Final War

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

OOC: The Final War

Postby Eriugeaf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:36 am

Ok, me and Feaguire have been working on this RP, and we think it's good. We worked on the plot and story line, and now we decided to publish it on TORC.

The IC post tells the story of how the land began, how the six children became the six lands of Mae. When each child died, the land worship them as gods, and they worship Mae as their main God.

After many years, the wars between the lands grew and damaged the land and the people. The beast held captive under the land, grew and strengthened. Amaroth, he was named, was pure evil. He lived on evil and on the pain suffering cause by the wars. Mae saw this, but none of her children believed her or wanted to make peace with each other, so the lands remained at war.

Mae was being torn apart by the wars, and the great beast was feeeding off it, Mae had to save her land and her people. She could not ask of her children's help as they would not give it, so she had to do it alone. She sent prophetic dreams to people from the six lands, hoping they would see the danger and stop the wars. The adults minds were to filled with hatred, so the only people she could reach were the teens and children.

She could not send children on her deadly mission, so she sent the dreams to teenagers pure of heart. They dreamed of a house, a long unused house, buried under thousands of years worth of debrs and eroded soils. They dreamed of a fire burning under the house and a great evil trying to engulf them. They dreamed of Mae's house in the centre of the land and of the Amaroth trying to break free of its prison. Mae spoke to them and told them to reach the house and stop the beast from defeating good, and ending the world as they know it.

Thus, the Final War Rp has started. We need some people, at least six, to play each teenager from the lands, maybe some other people, like adult guides maybe? Maybe family memebers come along or they meet people along the way that believe them, I don't know. We do however need six people minimum.

Fell free to post bio's here, and don't feel shy, add stuff to the plot line.

When you guys make bio's, keep in mind the characteristics each land has, so if your from Scrodi, the desert place, you have no hair and dark skin, and so on ...

Eri :D
Last edited by Eriugeaf on Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:00 am

Name: Caydean

Race: Mage from Terramagus

Appearance: Fair skin. Short and slender. Round eyes, purple. White hair streaked with purples and pinks. Pretty, and curvacious. :P

Attire: White short sleeved shirt. White stockings. Purple tunic with white belt. On her belt she had a silver sword in a purple sheath. She alst has her silver dagger in a purple sheat. On her back she has a white quiver full of arrows, and her sturdy oak bow is slung over her shoulders.

Personality: She likes to look good, and is proud of herself. She is powerful as a mage, and makes sure everyone else knows. She is very flashy and likes attention. She can fight well with a sword and dagger, but her speciality is behind the battle lines with a bow and arrow in hand. She likes to make friends with people, and like to have the best of everything.

History: Born to the King of Terramagus, she is the youngest Princess. Her father never spent much time with her, and her mother died giving birth to her. She was spoilt and always got her way, but she always wanted her father to love her. She loved company and hated to be alone. She made friends with all to keep company, even with lowly people, she didn't mind, but she hated all other races with a passion, her race was the best. She was fiercely proud and liked to be the best.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:35 am

Hey Eri! I see you've set up.

My character is going to be one of the teenagers who are called. Heres my character's bio:

Name: Reislynn

Race: Elf from Taurdor

Appearance: Very light skin (because she lives in the darkness of the forest); short for an elf; slender; one gold eye and one white eye (this is because all wood elves have gold eyes to see easier in the dark, except one of her eyes was damaged and now it is blind and white); dark brown, wavey hair which reaches mid-back, its usually out and messy.

Attire: Dark green tunic, long-sleeved white shirt, dark brown leggings, dark brown leather belt and black knee-length leather boots. Carries a green painted bow and arrow with a brown quiver (even though, shes not much of a fighter).

Personality: Shes pretty casual with her looks and doesn't mind much what she wears. She loves the animals of the forest, and they are her friends. She is teased by most of her peers so either makes friends with the young children or just speaks with the animals. Most people believe her to be mad when she says this, but she has a real connection with them. She is kind and trys to be friendly but is mostly passed off as a looser.

History: She lives as the oldest of eight children to two loving parents, who own a shop in the main market-place of Taurdor, which, like everything else sivilisation has built in the forest, is above ground in the branches of the tall trees. Her family is very close and stick by each other. Her parents trust her to look after her seven younger siblings, and she has done so. She has no real friends and is usually teased, especially since she was poked in the eye with a branch and was blinded in one eye.

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Sun May 01, 2005 5:05 pm

Hey,

this sounds really interesting, and promising. I've been itching for a good RP for a while now. Mind if I join? I'll post a bio ASAP.

Arenial
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Sun May 01, 2005 7:24 pm

I guess I'll try my hand. Haven't decided on a character yet, maybe someone from the desert...
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Mon May 02, 2005 5:53 am

Yeah, sure. Feel free to pitch in.

Just post your bio and we will work out the kinks and stuff. We can find out plots for you guys later.

Glad some people have found intrest in it. I thought it was dead already!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Mon May 02, 2005 6:32 am

ok, here it is. Feel free to tweak and critique to your heart's content:)

Name: Kevari Ivria

Race: Human from Lydian

Appearance:
-Face: Kevari has fair skin set with deep blue-green eyes flecked with silver. She has long, slightly wavy, dark hair, which is normally worn loose around her face. She has a straight nose, full lips, and a few freckles.
-Body: Kevari has a very lean and willowy figure and long legs.

Personality:
Soft spoken and introverted, Kevari does not have many friends, save a few good friends. She spends a great deal of her time reading, but when she isn't, she likes to swim in the lake near her house. She has knowlege of almost everything. She is kind, and sometimes stubborn, and generally understanding.

History (in brief):
Kevari is the only daughter of the master boat builder (didn't know what else to call him), her three brothers all older than her. She grew up with loving parents and a fairly happy childhood, discovering her love of litterature at an early age. She is closest to the youngest of her brothers, as he is only a year older than she and stayed home with her and their mother while her other brothers were with their father. She has no real skill with any weapons (save a gutting knife), but she is a strong swimmer, and knows a great deal about boats and fishing. She is also a very strong and fast runner, being able to run long distances without growing tired. She can out run ever other youth in her village.

Attire: She is normally seen wearing a light blue-green tunic (to match her eyes), a white shirt underneath (sleeves are three-quarter length), brown leggings and brown shoes. She also always wears a green leaf pendant on a thin silver chain.

Edit: to say that my character will also be one of the teenagers called.
Last edited by Arenial on Thu May 12, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Mon May 02, 2005 10:53 pm

Hey, welcome Areniel and Lilim.

Areniel, thanks for the kind comments about the RP, I think your bio is fine

Lilim, post your bio and we can get started

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Mon May 02, 2005 11:05 pm

Great bio!

I like your character and have no objections. I'm glad you joined!

Now you can post about having the dream and knowing stuff, or about your household and who you are, or something. Some form of introduction to your character so we know she is a summoned teenager.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Tue May 03, 2005 12:29 pm

Ok, I made a little change for your consideration. I figure some of the people from Scrodi can just have their hair bleached white from the sun.

Name: Kirin

Race: Scrodian

Appearance: Average height at 5'10, lean build, tan brown skin. Has sun bleached white hair cut short in the back, long strands often falling over his eyes. Has eyes the color of amber.

Attire: A thin, silk-like, black cloak with hood conceals any weapons or items he may have. Beneath, he wears a sleevless sand colored tunic over a white shirt. His pants are black and loose fitting. From his ankle to midfoot, he has wrapped strips of white cloth, like bandages. His left arm is wrapped similiarly, from forearm to the knuckles. His feet are shod in sandals.

Personality: Enigmatic, reflective due to solitary nature for the most part. Can be highly intense sometimes, brash, and even overconfident. Highly confident in his own abilities and self reliant.

History: He was supposedly found as a crying babe atop a pile of dessicated corpses. Those who found him were loathe to keep such a child, born under such ominous signs. For years, he passed from hand to hand, never wanted, never loved. At nine years of age, he was taken in by the Guild of Assassins, though the reason for that is another story altogether.
He has learned much of the silent and illusionary arts and takes on difficult assignments regularly.
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Tue May 03, 2005 1:45 pm

Thanks Eri and Fea. I'll post as soon as I can. Question, though: in the dream, does there have to be something consistant in all of them? What I mean is, does there have to be something that appears in all of them? Like the crystal ball? And what about the house? Do the surroundings have to be the same as well?

Edit: Lilim, love the character!
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue May 03, 2005 10:38 pm

Basically, in the dreams, all you need is Mae, the Goddess' voice, the house and the great evil creature. The means, the stuff inside the house, andything else like that can change, as long as the basics are the same.

Great characters! Can't wait till your posts!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Wed May 04, 2005 12:03 am

Cool character Lilim. I like the idea of the hair just being bleached white on some of the people. Maybe we could make it that only the elders have no hair, since thay've been around the longest. I dunno?

I'll check the IC to see if anyone has posted, then I might post myself.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Thu May 05, 2005 7:11 am

Hey, thanks Eri.

I've got a post in the works, so I'll have it up soon. Hopefully today.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby tragicblue » Fri May 06, 2005 9:20 am

I'd like to join. *nods* If that be alright.

May I-no be one of the teenagers as well? Even if his age is unknown he looks young and has the personality of a child anyways.

|Profile|

|-Name-| he goes by I-No because he can't remember but his real name is Laetriel Vocal.

|-Age-| Unknown (looks about 17-18 )

|-Gender-| Male

|-Race-| Human

|-From-| The Land Gabaldia

|-Occupation-| Nope.

|-Eye Colour-| Vibrant green

|-Hair Colour and Length-| Black, Ankle length.

|-Attire-| A long sleeved shirt with sleeves coming down over his hands, black pants to match. Simple and easy to keep clean. The only other thing adoring him is a necklace. It’s a green crystal heart pendent with the letter ‘V’ engraved in the silver cage that surrounds it.

|-Weapon(s) of Choice-| Anything he can get his hands on.

|-Personality-| With the Innocence of a child, I-No doesn’t seem to be a threat to many and really he isn’t. He’s hyper and curious, always lost in his own world, but he can be serious, it’s something he’s never lost.

|-History-| I-No woke up in a Luingaer infirmary a year ago with no memory of who he was or what he was, just woke up with the blissful feeling of being an innocent child again. So making a joke of it with this new childish ignorance he’d suddenly gotten, he named himself I-No Because in truth he doesn’t know. Weeks later a wanted poster was posted everywhere with his face on it. He was wanted, a high bounty upon his head, so he fled. He couldn’t remember what he did that would warrant such a thing he could only assume that it was a cause of his memory loss. Wanderings the world he searches for his memory, the only thing he has left of his past would be a pendent. The green crystal heart was tapped inside the silver cage. The only marking was the letter ‘V.’

Now as he sleeps he is visited by a terrifying dream, that compels him in a new direction. Maybe this will give him all the answers he needs.
Last edited by tragicblue on Fri May 13, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tragicblue
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Fri May 06, 2005 10:09 pm

Hi tragic! And everyone else! Thanks for taking an intrest!

Well, i like your character, and his story, but if you want to be one of the teenagers, you need to pick a race that hasn't been picked already. We already have a Terramus teenager, a Scordian, a Lydian teenager and a Taudorian. You can pick one of the other two, either a mountain dweling human from Gabaldia or a sea-elf from Luingaer. You can still be mysterious and all, and have no idea where in your country you came from, but you need to pick a race. Its part of the whole story.

And also, even if you didn't know where you where from, it would be obvious by the way you look, like if you have weird coloured eyes, then you are obviously a mage, golden cats eyes, your from Taudor, webbed fingers and feet, from Luingaer, no hair/bleached hair, from Scordia. You can just say you look like someone from either Luingaer (webbed feet, good swimmer, likes ocean) or from Gabaldia. (pale skin, strong, vegeterian)

Once you pick a race that you belong to, even if your character doesn't remember it, you can post the dream! Make it whatever you like, all you need is the evil presence, the voice of Mae, and to be in that house.

After all the six dreams have been posted, we can get on with the story! Basically, the entire plot is about the six teenagers getting to that house to try and stop the evil beast from destroying the land of Mae. Anyone have any ideas how we are going to do that?

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby tragicblue » Fri May 06, 2005 11:10 pm

No worries, I've fixed it.
*nods*
tragicblue
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Sat May 07, 2005 3:28 am

Cool! Go ahead and post anytime you want now. You can start of with the dream, and then we can progress to the rest of the story.

I can't believe people are interested in my little Rp!

Oh hey, Tragic, since you were found in a Luingaer infirmary, that means some Luingaer person was nice enough to take care of you, even though you were a Gabaldian. Maybe, the next person who joins can be the person who looked after you, or found you. That way, at least two of the teenagers have already met, and they can talk about the dreams and what they mean, and they can start the journey, looking for the other teenagers who are to help out. Just a plot idea for any new people who want to join in but are just lurking around.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Sat May 07, 2005 9:06 am

Ok. I've posted. I hope it's all right; let me know if I have to change anything.

Exactly how are we all going to meet?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Mon May 09, 2005 11:13 pm

Okay, sorry I've been away for a while... been busy, with stuff...

Wow! More people joind our RP! They like our idea, Eri! :D

I better post my dream soon, but I'm a little busy right now so I'm just letting you guys know that I'm still here.

Good post Arenial.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue May 10, 2005 4:50 am

Yay! Our RP is doing great Fea!

Ok, so I guess we have to start figuring out how we will all meet up. Everybody start brainstorming. No idea is too bad or perfect. Just post and we can alter it to suit our characters and what we all want.

My idea is that there is a traveling circus . . . and we all end up joining it!

Ok, I have writers block, or more like plot idea making block.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Thu May 12, 2005 3:32 am

Hey!

Is there still room for another person to join in the ranks of the six teenages? :?

This sounds like its going to be a really awesome thread and I would like to join! I'll post a bio when I get the ok from you!

Ciao

Tathiel
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Thu May 12, 2005 5:18 am

Yeah, sure you can!

The only teenager we need now is one from Luingaer. You have weebed toes and hands and can swim fast, if you choose that character. So take that into consideration. Maybe your hair could be dyed green by the ocean water, or your skin could be green or something. You could have permanent see through eyelids over your eyes, like glad wrap over them that allows you to swim with your eyes open and not need to blink. I don't know, you can take those idea or think up some of your own.

Love to have you join in though Tathiel_JadesFire (I'll just call u Jade till you get a nickname) Post up you bio and then you can post the dream and we can continue brainstorming.

So, anyone got any ideas yet?

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Thu May 12, 2005 7:14 am

Well, I might have one. What if we continue to have dreams that guide us to one location (could be anywhere) and that is where we all meet? Just a little thing that popped up in my head.

Welcome Jade!
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Thu May 12, 2005 8:18 am

Here is my Profile and I'm also one of the teenagers called by a dream

Name: Eilinel Narmiriel
Nickname: Jade

Race: Elf

Appearance (Have you seen the new Peter Pan... Looks like the mermaids)

Eyes: Light almost Silver Blue
Hair: Waist Length, Vibrant Red
Skin: Pale, with a faint tint of Light Light Blue

When on Land she has no gills or webbed hands and feet however when she gets into the water gills appear on her neck and her feet and hands have webs. Also her eyes are special in that she can swim under water and see perfectly with them open.

Attire: Short sleeve white shirt underneath a light forest green tunic with dark brown pants and dark brown knee length boots.

Weapon: A graceful sword that resembles a katana, as well as a wide thick silvar braclet with seven jade stones in it, which let Jade control the fire within it

Personality: Jade's past made her a dark character, she has a very serious and mysterious personality not to mention dangerous. It takes a while for her to trust anyone but when she does she is fiercely loyal even to the point of death. She is also very perceptive.

History: Jade had a loving and caring family however they were taken away from her by a liar and cheat. Her family was being persued for revenge so they went into hiding, there was only one person who knew where they went but he betrayed them for money and her family was killed. She was only five, since then she has traveled the globe staying away from Luingaer. Along the way she has learned many things about life and survival.

So what do you think??

:D Jade
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Thu May 12, 2005 6:47 pm

ooo, I like it, Jade. I know exactly what you're talking about with the mermaids *thinks back to the many time she's seen the movie* Very cool!

Great posts, Tragic and Jade :D

Edit: Is my character the only one who doesn't have any skill with weapons? Looks like you guys will have to teach her :wink:
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Thu May 12, 2005 11:54 pm

Everyone likes warriors it seems. I would teach you, but, your a filthy outsider. Eww.

:P Not you, just your character, as she would percieve you anyways.

Well, we could hear noises. They could be humming or swishing waves or something different for everyone but it drives us insane and we have to follow it!

Oh, and by the way, your character sounds great! I like it, she must be very lonely, being all alone and roaming with no family. Maybe she likes it and won't want to make friends? Maybe she distraust everyone and is resentful, just like my character. I like my character, she is up herself and loves her race so much. She can be really mean to other races so don't take it personally when I critisize your characters in the IC.

Ok, well when have all the dreams posted, we could just get into it and start from hearing things, seeing things or just a strange presnce telling you to follow something. I dunno, different for everyone I guess. We could meet at The Meet! It's what I have decided to call it that, its the only place where all 6 of the lands boundaries meet and is rumoured to be the resting place of Mae. Anyone else agree? So that way we can make the journey to the centre of the land (which is owned by no one because none of the children had the heart to live where their mother died) together and get to know each other and have adventures and meet evil villains and stuff. I d have no idea. Just post what you think.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Fri May 13, 2005 2:56 am

Hey It sounds good to be but i have one question... what exactly does this meeting place look like... for example is it in some forest or by the ocean or is on some plain where you can see for miles.. I kind of think that it should be in a place with either no aspects of the six lands or an aspect from each land... however its up to the thread leader!! :D Everyones dreams are looking good!! Can't wait to get started!!

Ciao

Jade!! :D :D :horse: I really like this emoticon!! :D
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Fri May 13, 2005 2:23 pm

:lol: Eri. Well, I may be a "filthy outsider" but Kevari could out run you any day :P

I like your idea about "the Meet" :D And I think that would work. Our characters are very different, I think. Kevari's a lot more open to meeting new races, though she still feels a bit of prejudice.

And I learned not to take anything personally a looooooooong time ago :wink:

Can't wait until we all meet!

Edit: By the way, have you, by ny chance, put together a map of Mae? I would very much like to see how each tribe is layed out and this place called "The Meet"
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby tragicblue » Fri May 13, 2005 4:06 pm

Jade, we could have our characters meets due to the fact that I placed I-No on the beaches Luingaer. From there we can put two and two together and decide to put aside differences if only for a little while. (it's rather obvious I-No isn't Luingaer.)

As for what the meet will look like we could have it be fields of flowers or something along those lines. Dunno.

Question.

If we all meet at 'The Meet' What do we do after that? What exactly are we suppose to do?
tragicblue
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)