OOC: The Final War

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Eriugeaf » Fri May 13, 2005 9:01 pm

Wow! Lilim, nice long post there. Mad story going on there, just on tiny problem. There are no mages in Scordia, only Terramagus. Oh, but hey, maybe he is a cross breed, and his father or something feel in love with a Scoridan and had a baby, half scordian half Terramagi. It could happen I guess, but you should mention that, just so no one thinks mages come from there. And I guess Terramagians could seel magic supplies for money to other lands, smuggle it illegally i guess for assasins.

I just don't get the five hells and the six paths thingy. What is that all about? Sounds interesting though . . .

I am working on a map to Mae right now! It's kinda hard though, because I all I have is paint, but I'll do my best!

After we get to 'The Meet' We have to find a way to secetly get to Mae's centre and the legendary house of Mae, where the Gate to hell and the Beast lie. Then we have to stop the beast from emerging. The only way to do that (we will find out at the house by reading a diary or something, I don't know yet) is by stopping the war. I have no idea how that is going to happen either, we will have to figure it out as we go along.

About 'The Meet', well, its a land that is bare feild of grass, no trees or rivers or ocean, no mountians or magic clouds or anything like that, and no sand. Just a plain feild of grass I guess, maybe with flowers and that. Or it could be a mountain next to the sea with a river running through it, and a forest at the bottom and along one side of it, and desert on the other, and at the top is a mystical cloudy, magical place. I don't know, you guys can decide. You guys will write the story too, so just decide, everyone should have a say in what it looks like and where the story will go.

Eri :D
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat May 14, 2005 12:51 am

Hey I think that the meet should be held on some plain with nothing but grass for miles... Its devoid of everything... THe posts are looking really good right now..

Hey Tragicblue.. Sure that sounds good!! I'll see yeah at the beach!! haha :D So how do you want to meet?? We could do the whole one of us finds the other sleeping and it goes from there.. or we could just cross paths walking... or we could have another dream... I dont know.. your choice.. but just remember my character isnt exactly friendly.. if you sneek up on her, she may just pin you down and place a sword at your throat.. lol :D

Ciao
Jade
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Sat May 14, 2005 12:55 am

Ok, Feaguire had officially left TORC, so we need to find someone to take her place pronto to post the last dream, and anyone else we might need, like friends, travleers, hunters, evil villains, whatever. We need more people.

I'm still working on the map, it's hard. I wish I had something other than paint!

EDIT: http://img213.echo.cx/my.php?image=maemap29ip.jpg I finished my map! It looks so childish and weird. If you can't understand it just ask me to explain.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat May 14, 2005 1:36 am

Hey Awesome map Eri.. I finally understand were everything is!! :D :D
Anyway my character is currently on the Luingaer pennisula... close by the water.. under a palm tree... just for reference.. ;)

Ciao
Jade
Last edited by Tathiel_JadesFire on Sat May 14, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat May 14, 2005 9:56 am

Fea left? :( Umm... did you mean take over Fea's character completely? or just create another teen from Taurdor? I'd be happy to come up with another character.

Hey, great map! I know how hard it can be; I am currently making a map of my own world (which still doesn't have a name :roll: ) Great job!

Edit: I redrew my pic of Kevair. Here it is, new and improved (I hope)

http://photobucket.com/albums/y163/Arenial/Drawings/
Last edited by Arenial on Tue May 24, 2005 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Sat May 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Your drawing is really good Arenial, and your map is so cute Eri!

Okay, so I was bored and descided to see how things were going in here, and its sooooo tempting to come back and post my dream!

I've chosen to stay with this RP, but I may not be in very much.

So, what do I have to put in the dream?

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Sun May 15, 2005 5:14 am

O M G! Fea! You told me you left TORC!

Now i feel like such an idiot!

Well, the dream just has to include a house, the presence of the evil and the voice of Mae telling you to find the others and stop the evil. Bascially that's it!

Yay! Fea is back! I meant that we needed another person to make another teen from Taudor, but seeing as Fea is back, we don't need it anymore. If you want another character, you can male yourself a friend that follows you or something.

Yay! It's actually working, our RP is going along nicely!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Tue May 17, 2005 8:01 am

Fixed it. I kept it simple, guy's an exile. I recommend we all get on the road one way or another and encounter each other.
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ardenel » Tue May 17, 2005 1:18 pm

Hello, this is my first post on TORC.

Friends of mine recommended this site to me because I was looking for a role playing one. They don’t like to write but they all know I do.

Anyways, even though I’m new to this site, I’m not new to role playing.

I skimmed over the OOC thread and glanced over all your characters. I then thoroughly read your story thread and loved it! There were only five teenager characters that I saw so am I right in saying there is one more spot open? And if I’m wrong could you recommend what kind of character I should be? That is if I can join.

I’ll wait for your answer.

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ardenel » Tue May 17, 2005 1:18 pm

Crap, DP. Sorry!
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Tue May 17, 2005 3:38 pm

Hey there, Ardenel! Welcome to TORC! (and don't worry about the DP; happens to all of us)

I think all the teenager spaces are filled up:

Eriugeaf- Caydean from Terramagus
feaguire- Reislynn from Taurdor
Arenial (me)- Kevari Ivria from Lydian
tragicblue- I-No from Gabaldia
Tathiel_JadesFire (Jade)- Eilinel Narmiriel from Luingaer
Lilim- Kirin from Scrodia

Fea just hasn't posted her dream yet.

I can't speak for the originators, but I'd love to have you join us!
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Ardenel » Tue May 17, 2005 4:35 pm

Thanks, Arenial.

I'll just wait for the thread leaders then.

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue May 17, 2005 10:29 pm

Fea is still around but she is going to be slow on posting because of a big assignment coming up. She will post when its over.

Great, another person! Would love to have you aboard! You could be anyone seeing as the teenagers spots are taken. Maybe you could be a friend that tags along? Or a stranger that helps out one of the teenagers? Only your imagination can limit you, and the boundaries of the six people's characteristics, and TORC guidlines, but other than that . . . think of anything you want to be. Even maybe an evil minion who tries to stop us!

I'm a thread 'leader' I guess, so is Fea, but she won't be around for some time and I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you joined. Go on and post your bio soon! Looking forward to it!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Wed May 18, 2005 3:36 am

Welcome Ardenel, I look forward to your posts :D

Hey Eri the only thing we are waiting for is for Fea to post right? then we can begin our journey of getting to the house right? hehe I'm coming to the conclusion that I may have a short attention span.. lol or maybe I'm just lacking patience? lol :P Anyway just wanted to drop to make sure everyone knows I'm still here! ;)

Ciao
Jade :D :D :D
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ardenel » Wed May 18, 2005 8:51 am

Thanks for having me.

Seeing as that you have only posted your dreams/visions, I don't really have that much to go on. So I can wait until you arrive at a tavern or start traveling on the road. Or, if Lilim agrees, I could meet up with his character sense he is already traveling. I'll wait for an answer until I post in the IC thread. But I'll have my bio done soon. I'll post it later on today if I can.

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Wed May 18, 2005 10:40 pm

I'm here! The assignment is over so I'm ready to post.

Welcome Ardenel! I'm happy to have you. Eri basically told you everything you need to know about making a character, can't wait for your bio! :D

Okay... going to finally post! I need the house, theevil presence and Mae's voice. Got it.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Thu May 19, 2005 5:15 am

Yay! Six dreams are over! Now we can start our journey! I'm going to post! Oh, by the way, I wont be here for a while, maybe two-three weeks because I'm going traveling. If you guys want you can take over my character while I am gone, I give you guys permission, but I want it back when I am gone. If you do that, try to stick to my bio, please.

IF you don't want to take over my character, you can just post without her, or wait till I come back on, and just post theories in the OOC for what will happen. We aren't really sure of the plot are we? We need to sort that stuff out.

Please post your bio before you port in the IC, just so we can see if your character had any major violations to the story. I doubt it will thought.

Yay! My first non-dream post!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Thu May 19, 2005 2:07 pm

Great posts, Eri and Fea!

Eri, in your post, it says that Caydean is the princess of Taudor, but she's from Terramagus, correct? You might want to change that.

I'm going to post again, if that's alright. Also, I'll be away for the weekend, until Monday (It's May Long Weekend here, and I'm going to a youth retreat).
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Ardenel » Thu May 19, 2005 8:21 pm

Name: Ryous Von

Race: Human from the Borderlands

Appearance: He has tanned, rough skin from traveling throughout the borderlands all his life. His green eyes always seem to be calm under almost any circumstance. His somewhat tall and large frame is corded with muscle giving him great strength, though not so great that he can not be bested. The only hair on his head is his dark goatee forming a T below his lip.

Personality: Though his appearance might cause people to judge him as a brute, quick to anger and a lust for blood, he is quite the opposite. His demeanor is always calm, and he is quicker to compassion than any other emotion. And he is quicker to try and solve a conflict with words leaving it peacefully rather than iwth weapons, though if a time comes where justice needs to be served he is quick to put his great warhammer to deadly use. Justice is what drives him.

Clothes/Weapons: He wears polished chainmail with a brown leather vest and trousers over it. And over the leather he wears a coat of a bear hide with the bears head out in front. He was attacked in his late teens by the great bear when he was traveling through the land of Taudor. He took up his warhammer and after minutes of fighting he finally had a clear opening to the things skull and struck cracking it in half. His only weapons are his great warhammer strapped to his back within easy reach, two smaller hammers for ranged attacks attached to a belt on the left side of him and a regular dagger on his left.

History: His family was attacked by bandits when he was young and due to that attack his mother and sister were killed. His father, brother and himself escaped but years later his father died of an unknown disease and his brother died when he and Ryous attacked a group of bandits that had just killed a few men for gold. Him and his brother were very close and took an oath of justice to help those in need which was a very uncommon characteristic for someone who grew up in the harsh life of the borderlands. Now he alone carries that oath on his shoulders, his brother released by death.

If anything needs changed just tell me. I think I’m gonna have him watch Lilim’s character for a while and eventually help him with his wounds or something. If Lilim agrees.

Eri, can you elaborate a little bit on what the Borderlands are like exactly? I would greatly appreciate that.

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ardenel » Thu May 19, 2005 8:32 pm

Hey guys. I probably won't be able to post this weekend. I'll be away with my youth group.

If I get to post at all it will be tomorrow night.

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eriugeaf » Thu May 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Hey guys!

Thanks for the tip. Will be be changed soon. they both start with a T so . . . I kinda got mixed up. I drew my character! Yes I did. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18513466/

I think it loks cool. Well anyways, back to business. I like your bio! It sounds interesting.

Well, about the border lands and The Meet. Each land has a legal system, Kings, Emperors, or chiefs. Now, they each have laws. If those laws are broken, punishments are exerted. If one person is terribly bad, they are exiled from the lands. If they have the heart, they move to other lands, the worst punishment of all, seeing as they all hate each other. In some rare cases, the lands people will accept an outlander. Mostly, no. Those who are rejected, live in the border lands. These lands are the harshest of climates, places that no person in their right mind would live. These lands seperate Mae from the other lands. These 'Borderlands' are harsh and cruel. They are large plains of nothingness. They have no water, no plants, no nothing. the ground id just rock or dirt, not suitable to plant anything.

Some people have been forced out by bandits and others have even chosen to live there, just to face a challenge. Some parts can be cultivated, and megre crops can be grown. These places are where exiles live, where lost wanderes roam and were illegal magic shipping takes place. The smart of the Borderlanders dig houses under the dirt and are safe, and grow farm stock. Bandits are common, seeing as everyone struggles to survive there.

Poor you, you chose a bad place to live. I should have explained it before. The meet is the best part of the border lands, it has trees and plants, so you could have lived there, with parents who were exiled, or with a family that was forced out by famine, sickness or people pushing you out of home, or even getting lost and finding an abandoned home. Which ever you choose.

I know how you can meet up with me! I can go with my father on the trip to the border lands to stop magic smugglers (I can change it in my post) and I can stop of at the Meet, where my characters father catches the smugglers. I can be late and not manage to get on the carts in time and have to wander around lost. I can find your house, or you can find me half dead somewhere. Then I would already be there and I wont have to post for a while. Then I can go on my holiday without someone having to take over my character! What do you say?

Well, even if you say no, I will get to the meet and just stay there. I'll colapse there, so if you want to find me, find me. If you chose to stay somewhere else, don't find me.

Yay! Its going along nicely.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri May 20, 2005 12:29 am

I'm so happy people like our RP Eri! I thought no one would join it, but they like our idea! :D

Okay, so I've been staring at the map Eri drew (:P) and I've realised I Taudor shares the borderline with Terramagus and Scordia, so maybe I could meet up with either Caydean or Kirin.

I think the borderlans don't really have anything. Just dirt like Eri said. Not even sand like the desert. Basically nothing. It is a pretty sad place to live, too bad for you :P

I'm doing a picture of Reislynn in photoshop, but its not completly done. I'll show it to you guys, maybe tomorrow...

I'll probably post now.

EDIT: I just had an idea while reading the IC thread! Maybe Caydean and Reislynn could sort of have a conflict because they're so different. Caydean is from a small rich family, and Reislynn is from a large... not so rich family. Caydean has a father who doesn't care, whereas Reislynn's whole family is very close.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Fri May 20, 2005 1:57 am

Well Fea, my character would have a problem with all of you, because you're all outlanders. All of you! (by the ways, an outlander is what you call someone froom another land to yours)

She would have a problem trying to make friends with you guys, so I guess she is going to be very moody and grumpy around you.

I hope this goes well until I get back onli post in this thread for a while. Bye everybody!

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri May 20, 2005 4:17 am

Of course they will all be uncomfortable around each other at first. But I'm just saying Caydean and Reislynn are very different so, yeah.

So where is everyone going to meet? We shouldn't meet at The Meet. If we meet there, the RP is going to end quickly. We should sort of all get put on a wild goose chase and end up in the same place, then travel the rest of the distance together and every now and again, a few people could get lost from the rest of the group. I'm not sure...

Also, mabey Kirin and Reislynn could meet soon, because Kirin is now in the Borderlands. He could leave Scordia on the Taurdor side and find Reis who's already lost in her own land.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Sun May 22, 2005 2:58 am

Um, Fea, the Meet isn't where the house it is, it's just where all the borders touch, The house is in that place I left blank, or blue, I can't remeber . . .

There is a computer in the hotel I am staying at, so I thought I might as well post just once.

I think that they should meet at The Meet, or on the way to the meet and everyone gets together there and they do something (magic maybe?) and Mae can appear to them all and tell them where to go, where her house is hidden or buried and why and all those other details she left out.

Oh! Maybe she can only make strong contact to humans when they are all together! And they have to be at the meet, where all the tribes are together! Andshe can gve them powers there to defeat the evil beast that thtey must figure out what they are (like, loving someone different unlocks it, for Caydean, and for Reis, fighting back for herself my unlock her power?) and use together and then, and only then shall they release the land from peril!

Bye, maybe for a longer time this time.

Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Sun May 22, 2005 3:01 pm

Anyone who wants to meet up with Kirin can feel free to do so. He's just wandering about the borderlands at the moment. I might sneak in a post tomorrow.
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Sun May 22, 2005 10:49 pm

Ooooo! Riiiiiiiiiiight! I thought the house and The Meet were the same place. It would make more sense, wouldn't it? I mean, that way Mae could easily be near all of her children becasue a little bit of each of their lands is near her. I dunno...

Reislynn might meet with Kirin. They're near each other, so its probably logical.

I see no one has posted after me yet, so I'll check tomorrow.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Ardenel » Tue May 24, 2005 5:12 pm

I was also thinking about meeting up with Kirin since Ryous is from the Borderlands.

Anyway, it's late so I'll make my post up tommorrow and post in the afternoon if possible.

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Tue May 24, 2005 6:45 pm

I'm back!

Ardenel, great character!

and nice drawing, Eri!

so.. that's what the light blue space is; I was wondering about that. So, where is "the Meet" on the map then?

Just posting to let you know I'm still here :D
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Ardenel » Thu May 26, 2005 9:00 am

Hey, everyone. I posted in the IC thread. If any of you find anything wrong with it, let me know.

What exactly is the plot? Who's meeting up with who and when are we all gonna get to the Meet?

Ardenel
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)