OOC: The Final War

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby feaguire » Thu May 26, 2005 7:42 pm

I'm not quite sure what the plot is. I'll check your post Ardenel and then I'll post myself.

I might move the story along a bit, and meet up with someone... maybe... :P

Fea :)
feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Fri May 27, 2005 9:08 am

Well, since we're on the topic of meeting up with people... perhaps Kevari could meet up with Tragic's character, or Jade's? What do you think?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat May 28, 2005 12:19 am

Hey Arenial,
sure your character can meet up with me and tragic, I'm off to look at the IC thread and possibly post, how about your character meet up with us after me and tragic meet? how does that sound? :D

ciao
Jade
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Sat May 28, 2005 12:38 am

I think Arenial should meet up with Tragic then you two can find Jade, because it would be kinda hard for Tragic and Jade to meet since they're so far from each other.

On my next post I might meet up with Lilim's character.

Anyone else, feel free to post :wink:

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Ardenel » Sat May 28, 2005 10:29 am

On my next post I might meet up with Lilim's character.

Fea, keep in mind that at the moment, Lilim's character and my own are currently looking at each other so if you meet up with Lilim then I'll be there as well.

Andy
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat May 28, 2005 10:50 am

feaguire wrote:I think Arenial should meet up with Tragic then you two can find Jade, because it would be kinda hard for Tragic and Jade to meet since they're so far from each other.

That makes sense. I was looking at the map and Lydian is inbetween Gabaldia and Luingaer. Are you two okay with that?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Sat May 28, 2005 5:58 pm

For logistics sake, Fea, your character should hold up on meeting me and Ardenel until sometime next day.

Now... according to the map, if I'm on the Taurdor, Taudor, whatever, side of the border, then the Meeting Place is way over on the opposite side. Kirin would feel the urge to go there, but common sense is going to make him want to leave the Borderlands as soon as possible, so he heads East along with Ryous for Taudor, meeting up with Reislynn. A party of three.

Here's the thing I'm going to suggest. The Borderlands are really, really, Really Dangerous. So dangerous, that not even the hardiest of Bordermen like Ryous venture too far or too long into it, unless the sun is up. When it's night, all bets are off, and it's going to take more than one day to make it to Scordia.

The party knows this and decides to take the Long Way Around to the meeting place, instead of passing across the Borderlands and cutting through the deserts of Scordia, full of its own unique dangers. This way, Kirin and Co. travel around, skirting close to Terramagus, where we can meet up with Eri, and we will eventually go to Lydian where we can meet up with the rest and head for the meeting place.

At the moment, the tiny edge of Scordia in the South, seperating Taudor from Lydian interests me. I feel there's a good story there.
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Sun May 29, 2005 12:37 am

Ardenel wrote:Fea, keep in mind that at the moment, Lilim's character and my own are currently looking at each other so if you meet up with Lilim then I'll be there as well.

Don't worry, Andy. After i read your post I kinda realised that, so I decided to jsut leave it for now.

Lilim, you are very smart! Great idea. We should definetly do that.

I'm thinking, that Reis could get out of the forest into the borderlands near the South, and then come back really soon, all burnt and stuff because she just can't handle the sun. Then she could be wandering around near the West Border and then that where you guys could be.

I'll check the IC now, maybe post.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Mon May 30, 2005 2:53 am

Hehe, I posted!! :D

Well it was a filler post I'll tell you that much, I didn't know exactly what to write about but I felt that I had to contribute something! :P

Anyway Arenial you and Tragic can meet up with me at the beach, I'm currently (as you can tell) just sitting around thinking about the past. And If you two don't hurry up you might just miss me :wink: If you catch my drift, (HURRY AND POST!!) lol ok now I'm sure you guys have got it!! :P

Haha, anyway until then my character will probably be doing this :zzz: !!! lol

well I gotta fly!

Ciao
Jade :D
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Mon May 30, 2005 7:25 am

Alright, Tragic, it's you and I now. We could meet somewhere on the Gabaldia/Lydian border... Keveri is currently traveling east (on the map, her home is near the lake nearest the top), so she's headed straight for the border. I have a bit of an idea anyways. And then we could travel down the border, kind of staying close to either one of the countries and meet up with Jade. What do you say?

Lilim... whoa! That's a great plan. You've got my vote.

By the way, are the Borderlands only around Scordia? Or do they surround each country? (or are they states, or provinces or what? (the six tribes I mean))
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Ardenel » Mon May 30, 2005 9:35 am

Hello, everyone. I won't be able to post in the IC today since it's Memorial Day. But I'll try to post tomorrow if possible.

School ends tomorrow!

*is excited*

Awesome post BTW, Lilim.

Andy
Ardenel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Tue May 31, 2005 9:34 pm

Okay, guys I've got exams on at the moment so I wont be posting tonight, but my last exam is tomorrow so I can post then.

Anyway, I had an idea and I wanted to post it now so I don't forget it later.

Lilim and Andy's character are going towards the Taurdor side of the Borderlands (which is on the West side of Taurdor) and Reis could be heading for that same place, since she's responding to the call of Mae. She could maybe get to the Borderlands and fall asleep on the ground or something and Lilim and Andy would find her and have to wake and warn her about the Wyrms since shes sleeping on the ground. Thats how those three could meet...

We don't have to do that exactly, its just an Idea.

Arenial, the Borderlands are between ever tribal land (country? state?).

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:45 am

Just a suggestion: Let the Borderlands surround only Scordia. That way, we have one large obstacle to face when we try to get through it to the Meeting Place.

Kinda loses the drama if we have the Borderlands all over the place, not to mention it'll be hell to cross over one land to another.
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Yeah, I guess...

But you have to remember. No one ever crosses from one land to another. They all hate each other. Its hard to get from one land to another, unless you're expierienced. Someone like Reis isn't expierienced, but someone like Kirin is.

I'm not sure. What does everyone else think? I'll go with what the majority thinks.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:12 am

I'd have to say I'm with Lilim on this one. Like you said, Fea, it's already hard for some one inexperianced to cross. Having the Borderlands everywhere would make it that much harder. And it does lose the drama if they are around each Tribal Area.

Eri, what do you say?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Lilim » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:30 am

In the spirit of compromise... how about a different "Border Hazard" for every boundary? They don't have to be nearly as bad as the Borderlands (we'll keep that one as the worst for drama's sake since it's next to the Meet).

Scordia's would naturally be the Borderlands, an empty wasteland which is derivative of the desert. And Taudor would share that border.

Something like... say... the border seperating Taudor and Lydian, might be called the "Forest Wall" or something, a dark area dense with mighty redwoods blocking the way and bewildering all but the best foresters.

And you know that River land might have a a border consisting of a raging whitewater stream called... I dunno, the "Raging Divide".

And so on and so forth... or not. I'm willing to go either way.
Lilim
Citizen of Imladris

Postby feaguire » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:59 pm

Lilim! You're so smart and you have some of the best ideas! I'm so glad to have you with us on this RP! :D :P

So does everyone agree with Lilim? Good.

Arenial, Eri wont be here for a while because shes overseas. She might be able to pop in every now and again, but not very often.

I had an Idea for Terramagus's barrier thing. It would just be a section of land that surrounds Terramagus, that seems normal but lots of magic is in the air. So unless you're from Terramagus and you're used to magic, you could get sick or go crazy or something.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:01 pm

Well, I like this idea even better. You're brilliant, Lilim. Lydian is the "River land." That is a very good idea.

Fea, she's overseas? Huh! I like your idea for Terramagus; I was thinking the same thing actually.

Has anyone seen Tragic around? I need to know if it's okay for our two characters to meet first and then Jade's.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:57 pm

I haven't seen Tragic. I'm in another RP with him, but that hasn't been active for like, a week.

It seems like the main people here are you, me and Lilim.

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:27 am

Oi!!
hold up there, don't forget about me!! Just cause I do not post to everyone's reply doesn't mean I'm not here!! :P I come to check up on this Rp like everyday I just don't sign in everyday!! :D anyway as to reply to everyone's post so far I think thats an awesome Idea with the border land, umm... the borderland between luingaer and someplace could be um.. a saltwater river, make that a deep very wide saltwater river with all sorts of sea creatures in it that are harmfull.. or somthing like that.. i dont know Lilim you seem really good with making stuff up.. you want to help me elaborate?? lol :D

anyway hopefully tragic will come and post and set this whole thing into motion.. lol until then....

Ciao
Jade :horse:
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:45 am

Hey, Jade, I was thinking. If tragic doesn't post soon, perhaps our characters should meet first? That way we can keep the story moving.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:00 pm

Hello? Is no one going to post? C'mon guys, we can't let this role play die :(
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby tragicblue » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:07 pm

Wow I've been gone too long.
*sigh*
So sorry.
I'll read back to catch up and then post.
*blinks*
Again so sorry.
-Tragic
tragicblue
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:07 pm

Tragic's back! :clap: :happydance:

So, as it looks, your character and mine are supposed to meet up first, and then we'll meet up with Jade's. Are you alright with that?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby feaguire » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:15 am

Wow! I haven't been on TORC in AGES! Very sorry.

But today, something reminded me of my dear RP and I descided to come check it out. Looks like I haven't missed too much.

I may come back, and I may not.

Just telling you guys that I'm thinking about you all :wink:

feaguire
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:54 am

*waves to the RPers*

I'm heading off to camp in a few hours, so I won't really be around. I'll be able to check up now and then though.

*huggles*
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:10 am

Hey guys!

Ok, I am overseas and have to resrt to internet cafes because I have no internet here.

I will be here for about two more months. Sorry about that.

Ok, borderlands are that blus space, in the middle of the blue space can be that evil monster thingys gate. Thats why evil surrounds it. The meet is where the house is, but it is well hidden beneath the earth or up above in the clouds, i dunno yet.

I like that idea, each country has its own way to keep out outlanders. Like the forest wall, raging divide, how about Terramagus has a fog where you go in but you get terrible Vertigo and cant find your way. Like a swap, and you dont know where you are going because of the fog and you end up drowning into the murky depths of tar. You know, because the swamp is ugly and black tar thingy and it gaurds it. Oh, think of the dinosuar ages and how they died in tar pit! Now add misty fog that makes you lose your sense of all direction and u have it!

I have to go! Bye guys!

Eri :D
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Eriugeaf » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:10 am

Ok, so as soon as I get back everyone else decides to go all silent and let the RP die! I don't want it to die! I know Fea won't be back for her part, but all the rest of you should still be here! We have to continue! Please!!!!

Eri :D
Eriugeaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arenial » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:23 pm

I'm still here, Eri, but I haven't seen any of the others around :( I want to get this off the ground again, as well; I enjoyed it and Kevari is such an interesting and new character!

Maybe it'll just have to be us two. We could pull it off, eh?:D

Arenial
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)