MODS PLEASE LOCK!!

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

MODS PLEASE LOCK!!

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Thu May 12, 2005 5:32 am

Hey everyone!! I'm starting a new thread and I hope that people will join its cause!! Anyway here is the run down on the basic plot:

ps... This thread is based on the books by Garth Nix the series starting with Sabriel.. it would help if you have read it but if not thats ok, I'll clue you in! Oh and when I say based I mean most aspects come from the books but its not a continuation of them... Anyway here goes...

Trouble is sturring in the Northeast, a nameless fear that was thought to be gone has now returned for the soul purpose of claiming the world. Yet admits all this a light is still found in the far reaches of the south a group of friends come together and learn of a legend, an 8th bell of the Abhorsen is said to be hidden in the west beyond the setting sun that will forever cast the evil back into the black abyss that it came from...

and there is the basic plot :horse:
I'll give a more indepth plot and some basic facts when some people sign up.. as far as the different races such as men, elf, dwarf... all are welcome.. :)

hope to hear from you guys soon :clap:

Ciao
Tathiel
Last edited by Tathiel_JadesFire on Fri May 04, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Fri May 13, 2005 3:28 am

Ok... It looks like I might need to add some more information or something.. get some people's attention.. so here goes..

Abhorsen are mages who wield a group of seven bells, each one does something different. They also use a mix of Free Magic and Charter Magic. Also there is usually only one Abhorsen at a time but I think we can make an acception.. however I hope that we can get a wide varity of characters

Free Magic is basically evil magic and any normal Charter Mage frowns upon it unless used by an Abhorsen

Charter Magic is basically good magic, all Free Magic Mages or Necromancers frown upon it.

Charter Mage are good and use Charter Magic

Necromancers are evil and use Free Magic and the bells

The Bells: There are two differnet sets, ones used by the Abhorsen and the other used by the Necromancers. The bells are used to control the dead and other magical creatures. All seven of them are placed in pouches that are attached to a wide leather belt wore as a shash from shoulder to waist. The Abhorsen bells are different from the Necromancers in two ways, one is the Abhorsen bells have light brown handles and the Necromancers have dark brown handles. Also the Abhorsen bells contain both Free and Charter Magic where the Necromancer bells only contain Free Magic.

Anyway.. I hope thats enought information for now.... :D

Ciao
Tathiel :D
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ShanndrahEartheart » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:12 pm

sounds cool...if you can find more people. could i be a clayr? Maybe a nice charter made with a relatively strong sight? Not like the twins, though...just stong enough...and the library fascinates me (i actually work in a library right now)

If you get more people, I would be willing to join, but if we do this, I will be going on an extended hiatus in a few months...

My character:

name: Shann
Magic: Charter-earthmage (a bit awkward on the ice)
Medium to Strong seer

Ummm...could the 8th bell be some manifestation of Yrael? I mean, there were the 9...and yrael did help throw down the destroyer, orannis...i like the idea of having 9...but maybe you want to draw in a new, stronger force...after all, yrael was kinda weak by the time it decided.

I will think of some more character stuff later...
ShanndrahEartheart
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:12 pm

:D

Yeah!! I finally have a member!! alright.. now all we need are some other people and we could get this thing rollling!!

Your Character is aweseme Shandrah and you sound like your know your stuff so I'm going to need your help alot cause I haven't read all the books yet!! ;) anyway don't forget to add some background and an apperance to your character! you can do this now or when we get some more members.. right now I"m on vacation so i dont know how frequently I'll be able to get online and post!! (just a warning.. however my vacation ends in august so it wont be for that long!!)

anyway I'll post my bio a little later when i acually have time to think about it!! :D

cheers
Tathiel :horse:
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby naoyir » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:47 pm

ooh I will join! I love sabriel! the end is awsome! btw, having yreal being the last would be a great idea, but that's up to you.... I miss mogget....

Name: Nar
Race: Half human and half..something else? Nobody really knows.
Occupation: charter mage, sword fighter, a servant in the house of Abhorsen (I love the sendings!).
Element: her best is ice, though wind and fire also come very easy for her. (that wind comes in handy when you have to dust ^^ )
Height: 5' 3"

Appearance: Nar is an albino-sort of. She has very light blond hair, almost white. Her hair is short with two small braids framing her face. Her eyes are a pale, pale pinkish and yellow color. Her skin is ashen and she has markings on her face running vertically downwards over her eyes. She's nymphishly slender. She wears a bluish-grey tunic (kind of like Abhorsen's) with strange and unkown Master Charter marks adorning it along with a single wing) She wears her weapon on her back.
Weapon: double swords. Two swords attached to each other's handles by a two and a half foot iron chain.

Story: Nar is an orphan who serves in the Abhorsen house o.O. Her parents were merchants and when they were killed by Dead, Nar was later found by the servants of the Abhorsen House. They left behind a very large fortune along with a mysterious box with a strange bell in it (it isn't a necrmancer bell, it's just a charter bell that she can use magic spells with, though it has some manifestation of Kibeth, the walker). She is now an accomplished charter mage and skilled melee fighter. She loves flying with charter wings she attaches to her shoes.(my character is also somewhat a distant relative of the Abhorsen)
naoyir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ShanndrahEartheart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:25 pm

I knew i needed more detail, I was just too tired to do it at the time. And I do know the books pretty well. Nix happens to be one of my favorite authors, and I have gotten through the entire series.

Here goes:

name: Shann
Race: Clayr
Hight: 5' 10''
Magic: Charter-earthmage (a bit awkward on the ice)
Medium to Strong seer

Weapon: Bow. Magic. Sword training but prefers to avoid fighting with one.

Appearance:She has blonde hair and fair skin, and is tall and slender. She tends to leave her long fair hair down, which makes in tangle in the winds that run over the frozen lands where the clayr live.

History: She was your average Clayr, child of a slightly less than average seer. She Spends her days working in the library where she Is a first assistant librarian (blue waistcoat)...she is a bit young, but this is due to the fact that a lot of the librarians are disappearing. She is the most experienced first assistant and will be promoted in the eminent future. She has never been exactly satisfied with the clayr life, as how the rea doesn't suit her charter ability (which is more important to her than her seeing ability). She habitually wears her library uniform as opposed to her white tunic designating her as a seer.

Anything else? I just sort of want an average character. Don't worry, I will make her pretty unique in other ways :wink: ...like personality.

Personality: Strong willed. She knows that the only exceptional thing about her is her magic, but only among her people. She is has a fiery temper, but is rather disassociated with reality, living in her visions and dreams.
Last edited by ShanndrahEartheart on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShanndrahEartheart
Ranger of the North

Postby naoyir » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:02 pm

well, I guess I'll post personality too.

Personality: quiet, likes to watch other people. She notices lots of things others wouldn't. Since she grew up without many friends except for the Abhorsen's sendings, if you do become her friend, she tends to be very loyal, and trustworthy and expects you to be too. though she takes most things calmly, if you make her truly upset, it isn't pretty. Despite her sage like calmness and wisdom, she can be very naive.
naoyir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ShanndrahEartheart » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:51 pm

Hey, how many people do we need to start? Can we start? Nix doesn't use too many characters in his stories. I think that it would be well withing the spirit to start with a few characters and add more if they come.

Mostly I am just bored, and I am leaving in a month and a half. I was kinda hoping to get somewhere with this before I had to kill off my character or lessen my posting to extremely infrequently (once a month or less) and I wont be back until a year from tomorrow.
ShanndrahEartheart
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:34 am

Hey everyone.... wow another member... Welcome!!
The bios are looking good the only problem is mine... I have yet to come up with one... I'm sorry!!! Im currently making one up now its just that since its summer I'm constantly in a place with no internet... so im sorry for the long pauses...anyway I'll be posting regularly come august ok! sorry for the inconvince...

ciao

Tathiel
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:55 pm

ooh I will join if you'll have me the idea is brilliant Sabriel is so cool and extremely intelligent.

Name: Azrael

Race: Greater Dead

Occupation: Dark Necromancer, muder and servant of none and enemy of the great charter the abhorsen and good in genral. He likes using mordicants and shadow hand as servents.

Height: varies

Appearance: Once you get over the rotten flesh of his body and his eyes full of free magic his body i rotten. He was originally attractive with long red hair and musle he wears a mASks.

Story: He fell in love with a women that was killed by a necromancer azrael took up necromancy because his revenge would satisfy him more if he could punish the necromancer even in the afterlife. He became addicted to the power and slowly his body went in to decay. He is now a greater dead and he controls several othetr dead spririts including a couple of shadow hands and a weakened mordicant. His mind is set to only killing again and again he kills to live and lives to kill and venagance on life is his purpose.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ShanndrahEartheart » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:25 pm

nice bio...ummm...Masks? It sounds a little like chlorr(sp) of the mask. I was just reading liriel again a few days ago...is it just me, or is Nix hinting that chlorr used to be an abhorsen? i really doubt that it is just me.

just adding on to my character more...hey, I have lots of time to think lately.

So, the clayr, especially the librarians, have been disappearing recently. this creates a lessing of the sight, which enables Shann to be the voice of the nine day watch not infrequently. this enables her to foresee a fair amount of what is required of her in the wide world...ergo, why she leaves the frozen expanse of the glacier.

My main question: What is the power of the bell that we are searching for? My vote is that the power is in unbinding and chaos...so the interest in it is that the abhorsen wants to prevent anyone from using it. it could be orsino's bell...maybe he is now trying to poison the charter?
ShanndrahEartheart
Ranger of the North

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:58 pm

Well all my members... Its finally August and the Summer is over!! its so sad, but its the beginning of this thread finally!
I first would like to say welcome to Naoyir and Adamremasters thanks for joinin!! Also thanks to Shanndrah Eartheart for staying with me haha!! :D anyway so to begin here is the bio on my characters:

Names: Alexander and Trinity (brother and sister deal!)

A little background for ya'll :
They were orphaned at a young age and were taken in by a charter mage who was very gifted with fire charters so they were taught heavy in Fire charters. When they came of age they left and went to see the world. They were soon found by the Clayr and through them they discovered that they were twin Abhorsen and had a ruff jouney ahead of them which is to find the eighth bell....

Anyway I'll post a more indepth bio at a later date and you will see why!!...

Shan (can i call you that its a little easier!! :D) (I'm terrible with spelling names!!) anyway.... Shan came up with an excellent question about the bell... I really like the idea that the bell is like an unbinder and creates chaos, does anyone else have any other ideas cause if not i think that its a great idea.

Ok... So I'm going to go post the IC thread now and hopefully I'll see you guys there!!

Cheers
Tathiel :wink: :horse:
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ShanndrahEartheart » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:20 pm

The other day, at the store, my brother pointed out the new Nix book, Across the Wall. It is a series of short stories, but only the first one has anything to do with the world we are dealing with...but still...it is...ummm...interesting in the least. Go and check it out. it gives a little more insight into some of these ideas. I really think that Nick's post destroyer abilities would reflect well upon orranis's attemp to poison the charter...

Just curious, who here has read the books, and how far? have any of you gotten to abhosen?
ShanndrahEartheart
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:30 pm

Fire and Brimstone thats what we need Fire and Brimstone.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tathiel_JadesFire » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:12 pm

hey everyone... its been a while... i'm sorry to say that I will not be continueing this thread... if any of you want to take this idea and create a new thread that's perfectly alright!

bye for now! Sorry Again :cry2:

Mods could you please lock this thread and its counter part so someone else can take over in a new thread... thanks
Tathiel_JadesFire
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Daefaroth » Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 am

Locked per thread originator's request.
- - - - - Welcome to TORC - - - - -

- There are helpful Announcements at the top of most forums. Please read them.
- Need more help? Check the Adoption Forum.
- Premiere Membership helps support TORC.
Aspire not to rapid, large postcounts, for this only enhances the taste of a spammer,
when roasted with the Breath of Death and served with "Blair’s 16 Million Reserve" sauce.

Enjoy your visits. Remember to mind your manners.

Daefaroth *at* theonering -dot- com -OR- moderators *at* theonering -dot- com
Daefaroth
The Shadow Hunter

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)