OCC: Black Fairytails

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

OCC: Black Fairytails

Postby adamremasters » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:38 pm

There have been quite a few recent adaption ofold fairytales trying to give them a darker twist. This idea of setting up a forum was quite simplely the fact that as they stand fairytales are to onesided so the idea of a dark and double sided fairytale forum appeals greatly to me. If anyone else likes the idea of a darker take on the old fairytale idea just post any suggestions or ideas you have.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:39 am

The Compass War

War is the commeners out of the slow festering death that they face inside the mines and factories working till they drop from exhaustion or
posinous fumes. In war the commeners had enough to eat and had a purpose to kill the enemy. Also comoners could gain wealth and position unimaginable to them in peace time. So when the king of the north wages work with the king of the south and east and west war together with both mearly to survive then commoners celbrate and enlist. But peace has raged for many years and peasent yearn for more fighting and war and a group of peasants under a Jack Albright has left the compass lands and head of the map to a new land to cause a new war with a people who care for nothing save their beliefs and skirmishes are erupting all over the land as peasants cheer and lords fear.

Races Required
Northrons (Humans)
Southrons (Orcs)
Eastlanders (Elves)
Westeners (Humans)
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:59 pm

What if all the fairy tale maidens like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, actually had a dark side? They banded together to form an alliance against all their subjects who don't agree with their laws and rules and regulations.

Just a thought... :eye:

I liked your idea too.
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:24 am

Thats a nice idead and probably closer to the purpose of me setting the thing up anyway. I certainly like the idea of a dark snow white, the idea is quite agood one and i'll probably include it.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:13 am

Thanks for this idea for a plot

The four corners of the continent of Faire were four great countries who had suffered from extremly bad leadership a class 1 plage in Faire land. The Land at the North of the Country was ruled by a great King called Albert Charming, great in many ways except for the faqct that he was very angry and parnoid and used a very nasty group called Abix. Abix crushed reistence against there lord and informed him on everything going on in his kingdom and the next. Abix weren't beyond being bribed and manipulated information to control the king. The land of the North constantly wared with the land of the south and East.

The South was ruled by the dark witch Snow White whose pail complexion was earned at a early age through over use of the darkk force, her mother had tried to kill her out of vanity and fear. She rules on the highest mountain of the kingdom and has an army of golum great stone monolisks. She keeps her people down working in the acid mines creating weapons for war. Snow White hates the East who was ruled by Sleeping Beauty her aunt Morgan Le Fey was killed by another of the Charming Siblings and Snow white has taken every opurtunity to war with both the East and North out of anger.

The East owned by Sleeping Beauty and another Charmign Brother there are quite alot of Charming Brotheres and they all have something in common they are easily distracted by the opposite sex. Beauty rules by keeping Charming distracted in all his affairs letting him fight any battles. They are allied with the north and bitter enemies of the south. They have a feudal system and like in all the other countries war is the population only way out of its harsh existence.

The West is ruled by Cinderella in nmae only a country across the Sea called Brittania actual rules the country after a susseful invasion. Cinderella only purpose is to ride in the rest of the country causing strife and revolution with her few knights.

The Empire of Allemend is a priest and his country is truelly ruled by religion but that won't stop they invading anyone who enoys them. A group of peasants under a man called Saladin believes war with Allemend will be enough to spark a revolution in Faire Land and liberate the peasants and commoners once and for all. All the leaders of Faire land are against them and have each sent a fleet to i ntercept Saladin befre he starts the war which would shake the very foundations of Faire Land.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:38 pm

Thats really cool! I think this could become a really cool story. If we had four people. One for each country and then some other people to be Saladin and peasants who become knights. This could be sooo cool! :horse: Hee hee
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby Aiduial » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:47 pm

I'm willing to join... THis sounds interesting. What sort of charrie are you looking for?
Aiduial
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:00 pm

Your all welcome the more the merrier make the characters below your own or send in bios for new characters, don't forget that almost everyone in Faire Land is selfish and power hungry.

These positions need to be filled

Saladin
Cinderella
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty or Lilith for short
the genral of Abix

interesting but not nessary characters

Ambassador for Brittania*
Ambassador for Allemend*

Albert Charming will be my character that is why I haven't included him in the list
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:39 am

I will be anyone. Who do you want to be Adam? I think you should pick first. After all this is your thread!
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:34 am

I'm Going to be Albert Charming and here is his bio

Name- Albert Charming

Age- 45

Appearance: He isn't unattractive but lacks the height and beauty of his other brothers. He has a bit of a stomach from his excessive partities and drinking. He has green eyes and a massive moustache.

Personality Moody, Paranoid, angry and jealous but he also is fair and just to the aristocracy and his people unless there crimes involve treason. He is a good orator and manipulates the moods at court.

History Albert as the oldest had his fathers kingdom thrust upon him and while his brothers enjoyed themselves by riding around the continent and being noble, slaying dragons, golums, birds and anything getting in thier way in a brave fashion. Albert was forced to be an example to the community and he was forced too more responsability than he wanted. The crown has taken over his life and his whole purpose is to keep his power away from his brothers by keeping his kingdom long enough for an heir to grow. He would destroy anyone who threatened his kingdom or his kingship.
Last edited by adamremasters on Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:58 am

I think I will take the role of Sleeping Beauty or Lillith as she is called.

Age- 109

Appearance- About 5'5 with dirty-blonde hair. Usually wears silk dresses with a dark cape.

Personality- Blessed with long life. Can be EXTREMELY moody. Needs attention from her subjects. Which is why she has National Give-The-Queen-Gifts Day. Manages to get people to side with her at her grand castle, Hawthron Palace. Hates girls who think they are more beautiful than her. She has a collection of magic mirrors that she uses to torment the other maids. Mainly her bitter rival, Snow White. She distracts her husband from affiars of state by letting him rule the army. She gets to have all the fun. Rules the Eastern country with an iron fist.

History- Being the youngest of five girls, she was pampered from the day she was born. Had a horrible accident when she was 26. Pricking her finger on a spindle she slept for years. And was awakened by her love, one of the Charming Brothers, Beril. Has ruled in the East for as long as any of her subjects can remember. Has one daughter Nina but is waiting for a son to take over her iron-fisted kingdom.
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:44 am

Nice! Very Mice! I like your character alot.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:14 pm

Thank you! I liked her too! But she can........ Oops. Gotta be careful about what I say. She would put me in the dungeon if I said anything bad! :wink:

So are we gonna recruit more people before we actually begin role-playing?
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:11 am

It would be sensible for us to recruit some more people before trying to start this. I don't think it would work with only two of the leaders we need to recruit at least the other two leaders before we can realistically start this role play.

ANYONE IS WELCOME!!!!!!
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:11 pm

Yeah. That would be the sensible thing to do. I will try and recruit people. I really wanna start on this! :)
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:47 am

no luck
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:48 pm

Mef. I know that someone will do it if they can get on here!! (Elbereth_Anar!!)

Mef. I wanna do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:42 pm

im thinking of abobonding this thread what is you opinion?
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:47 pm

I don't really want to because this would be really cool! But maybe we should if no one is going to do it. I don't know. You came up with it so it's your decison.
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:27 am

I've missed Roleplaying... And your idea is fascinating to quite an extent... Basically, yeah, if Snow White isn't taken, I'd love to play her. And it'd be nice to see the actual thread up...
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:42 pm

Sure you can play snow white good to see some one else is interested. :)
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:40 am

I am going to start the role play up ok
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:40 am

I am going to start the role play up ok
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:21 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:35 am

calm down!
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:01 pm

I am sorry. I can't help it! This is totally cool!!!!!
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby Nicolette_StormChaser » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:52 pm

I was wondering if you were still doing this story? If you are I was wondering if I could join This story sounds like a lot of fun. I think my sister would like to join in on it too if that is ok?
Nicolette_StormChaser
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nicolette_StormChaser » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:59 pm

Oh By the way if it is ok I would like to be Cinderella.
Nicolette_StormChaser
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:17 am

ok you can do sleeping beauty. and the your sister can join to.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nicolette_StormChaser » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:44 am

I thought that Sleeping Beauty was taken by Galabrien. That is why I asked about Cinderella.....
Nicolette_StormChaser
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)