OCC: Black Fairytails

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby adamremasters » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:05 pm

sorry a slip of the keys i meant cinderella.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nicolette_StormChaser » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:13 pm

I have to ask a few questions before I put up my bio for cinderella......

Who is The Empire of Allemend? is he the one who rules Brittania?
Where is Saladin from? And about Cinderella...Is is still ruling the west under Brittana or was she kicked out? and Is she just riding around the west or does she go in to the other parts of Faire too?

I am sorry for asking so many questions. I just want to get things straightend out before I go to post. I just got a little confused on Cinderellas part of the Plot line.
Nicolette_StormChaser
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:21 am

The Empires of Britannia and Allemand are two great naval powers they are only interested increaseing there supply of land or in allamneds case belivers. Allememand uses war and missionaries to this end and Britannia uses war and insane treaties.

Saladin is a peasnant under Snow White he insulted one of her precepts and was sent to labour in the acid mines there he suffered terribly and fled. He was later thrown out of one kingdom, almost lynched in another and finally enlisted forcably enlisted into the army of the fourth were he took control of a unit. Some believe he is insane i will let you make your own mind up.

Cinderella has what we call a mobile court she is constantly on the move looking for a way to rid her country of the invaders. She also when she is board not above sturring up trouble in her neigbouring kingdoms just to enoy there stonefaced leaders. She wasn't kicked out but couldn't take the embarassment of being nought but a figurehead monarch. She could return to her crown but the shame might just kill her.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:29 am

I am not entirely sure what characters are left.

I think I gathered

1. Sleeping Beauty
2. Snow White
3. Cinderella
4. Albert Charming

are all being played.

So, I suppose that leaves me with the question(s):

1. Who is left?
2. Of the characters that are left who do you NEED played the most?

Let me know...if you want me, that is.
: )
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Saldin, Genral of Abix and the ambassadors of the Brittania and Allemand are left truefully Saladin is the most needed character to be played but i leave it your choice Skuld.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:24 pm

I can play Saladin.
That's cool.

Give me a day or so to come up with a good bio. (And by day or two I mean later tonight in all likelihood. : )

I'll be back soon.

Threat or promise?
That's up to you.
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:50 pm

I was wondering if I could be the ambassodor of Brittania......
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm

It never rains but falls and the quicker i can set this up the better so you can play the ambassador for brittania.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:43 pm

Name: Saladin
Sex: Male
Birth kingdom: Snow White
Eyes: Blind in one, green for the other
Hair: Brown

Characteristics: Amazing tactian. The true General type. He is the type that inspires his followers to fight by demonstrating what it is that they want and dedication, not through force or violence. He is willing to fight against the rulers whom he believes are not doing the job they should be.

Defining Features: Some scarring on the face, especially around his left eyel, which is no longer there. Usually wears riding clothes with a loose cape, and carries various weapons, but is most proficient with the bow and staff.

Personality: Mildly eccentric. Although he is a army-leading genius he lacks the fine skills of diplomacy and tact. He's not an angry person, just a logical one. Prone to comedic outbursts including random bouts of yelling (sometimes profanities), he is loved by those who know him, and feared by those who oppose him.

History: Saladin was a peasant in Snow White's kingdom, but due to his apparant lack of social skills he insulted someone a little to high up the food chain, resulting in his banishment to the Acid Mines. Being able to have escaped this Hell, he began nursing his wounds in Cinderella's kingdom. Again, he was not able to keep to himself and ended up fleeing a lynch mob out for his head. He is presently in Sleeping Beauty's kingdom, waiting for his chance to start the war to end all wars in Faire.

---

If there is anything you would like me to change/alter/delete/add just let me know.

skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:30 am

Its fine.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:04 am

Awesome.

So, when do we plan on starting?
Do we have all of the characters that we need?
And at what part in the history line are we starting?

I mean, is it going to be after I have taken over this company and begun my "quest" or prior to that?

:is excited:

Lemme know. I'll be in and out to check on it.
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:37 am

Personally I told my daughter Nicolette that I wanted to be *Queen of the World* (that's what my grandaughter says I am).. but seeing that the position wasn't available... I would be the evil nasty that took over her kingdom...

I'm working on a bio right now ..I'll be waiting to see what is going to happen..

~Borin~
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicolette_StormChaser » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:16 pm

Here is Cinderella's Bio...... I hope it is ok..........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name - Cinderella

Age - 30

Appearance - 5' 7' with long golden blond hair and Bright blue eyes with one glance she can distract almost any man.

Personality - She can be the nicest person you know or your worst enemy. She is a little eccentric at time and all so she is very selfish. She was trained to do magic by her fairy godmother, although roomer has it that Cinderella turned to black magic but no one knows for sure. When she gets board there is no telling what she will think up and now that she left her crown she get board more often.Cinderella is now wondering the country side looking for people loyal to her crown and not Britanna, to help her cause a Revaloution and take back her crown

History - Cinderella is a widow of Peter Charming who she married at the age of 19. It was said that she used her black magic to kill him because she wanted the crown all to her self, but nothing could be proven. She was gone all that day with the general of her gaurd , who was also her best friend, so she had just got back when she found him dead in their bed chamber. They have two childeren, one boy,10 yrs, named Robert charming (who looks just like his father) and one girl,5 yrs, named Ressa Charming (who looks like Cinderella).
Nicolette_StormChaser
Citizen of Imladris

Postby adamremasters » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:01 am

Is any writing for Snow Whie or is she free.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:58 am

Tobias_Red-tail had called Snow White, but that was a while ago (19 Oct 2005 was the date it was posted) and I am not sure if we have lost her (?)

There was never a bio posted for the character, so should we assume that no one is playing her and try to find a new player?

skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:09 am

Can everyone who hasn't please post their bios as soon as possibble.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:13 am

I'm am Nicolette's sister, i'm plannning on being the General of her Guard. I was wondering if i needed to post a Bio in here?

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:25 am

yes you need to place a bios.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:40 am

Name- Robin Greenleaf

Age-37

Appearance- about 5' 10, long red hair, green eyes.

Personality-Hard as stone to any under her command. She is a loving wife to her husband Leofwine and favorite Aunt to Cinderella's two children. Robin is loyal only to her Queen and makes the saftly of Cinderella and both of her childrens saftly her first and formost priority.

History- Has know Cinderella since child hood.
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Galabrien » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:48 am

Yay! This is coming along nicely!

Question! (raises hand meekly, like a child at school)
~I have a few characters that are in my side of the story (Sleeping Beauty). I don' need to post bios for them, do I, because they don't really do anything after a few posts??
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:07 pm

if there only sub characters you don't need to write a bios.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:35 am

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, when are we planning on getting this show on the road?

:is anxious:

Anything else we need to get on order before we start in character posts?
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:44 am

As long as you have posted a bios you are free to start a post as soon as you want.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:24 pm

Cool beans!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :eye:

Also, yeah my character is a sub character. He won't be mentioned very much.
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:15 am

Ambassador of Brittania

age 51

rather pompous, everything must be done according to the rules (although the rules change at the whim of the ruler) Dresses perfectly, never a thing out of place... everything around him must be meticulously clean... goes traveling in a fancy carriage drawn by 6 white horses... enjoys giving big parties and influencing others...

Everybody laughs at him behind his back but he is so full of himself he doesn't know the difference... depends upon his commanders to run the army and navy to the point that they more or less run them without supervision...

I hav't come up with a name yet but he like to be refered to as Mister Ambassador anyways.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby skuld » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:49 am

I mean, is it going to be after I have taken over this company and begun my "quest" or prior to that?

Um...I'm not entirely sure that this question was answered, and I think it would be a good idea if we decided before we start in on the in character posts?

adam, do you have a preference as to where in the timeline we begin?
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:24 am

Simple Salidin has his supporters and is gainign even more support for his revolution.

Whilst all the other leaders are fighting each other for dominace in the land they aren't doing this openly most of the fighting is through slights and insults with only a few random battles this is about to change.

The Empire of Brittania already has conquered there square of land and forced one monarch to flee and is very interested in more conquest.
Last edited by adamremasters on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:25 pm

I got really confused about the whole thing in your post, Adam. I mean on the regular thing... Maybe you can edit it... (Just a suggestion)
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby skuld » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:00 pm

Alright, I am going to try for an in character post some time here within the next day or two. I cannot promise anything, I am still trying to piece together where everyone is and what they are doing.

I think it might be beneficial if we have a list of characters, SO

[As post previously:]

adam: Name- Albert Charming

Age- 45

Appearance: He isn't unattractive but lacks the height and beauty of his other brothers. He has a bit of a stomach from his excessive partities and drinking. He has green eyes and a massive moustache.

Personality Moody, Paranoid, angry and jealous but he also is fair and just to the aristocracy and his people unless there crimes involve treason. He is a good orator and manipulates the moods at court.

History Albert as the oldest had his fathers kingdom thrust upon him and while his brothers enjoyed themselves by riding around the continent and being noble, slaying dragons, golums, birds and anything getting in thier way in a brave fashion. Albert was forced to be an example to the community and he was forced too more responsability than he wanted. The crown has taken over his life and his whole purpose is to keep his power away from his brothers by keeping his kingdom long enough for an heir to grow. He would destroy anyone who threatened his kingdom or his kingship.

Gala: Name: Sleeping Beauty/Lillith
Age- 109

Appearance- About 5'5 with dirty-blonde hair. Usually wears silk dresses with a dark cape.

Personality- Blessed with long life. Can be EXTREMELY moody. Needs attention from her subjects. Which is why she has National Give-The-Queen-Gifts Day. Manages to get people to side with her at her grand castle, Hawthron Palace. Hates girls who think they are more beautiful than her. She has a collection of magic mirrors that she uses to torment the other maids. Mainly her bitter rival, Snow White. She distracts her husband from affiars of state by letting him rule the army. She gets to have all the fun. Rules the Eastern country with an iron fist.

History- Being the youngest of five girls, she was pampered from the day she was born. Had a horrible accident when she was 26. Pricking her finger on a spindle she slept for years. And was awakened by her love, one of the Charming Brothers, Beril. Has ruled in the East for as long as any of her subjects can remember. Has one daughter Nina but is waiting for a son to take over her iron-fisted kingdom.

skuld: Name: Saladin
Sex: Male
Birth kingdom: Snow White
Eyes: Blind in one, green for the other
Hair: Brown

Characteristics: Amazing tactian. The true General type. He is the type that inspires his followers to fight by demonstrating what it is that they want and dedication, not through force or violence. He is willing to fight against the rulers whom he believes are not doing the job they should be.

Defining Features: Some scarring on the face, especially around his left eyel, which is no longer there. Usually wears riding clothes with a loose cape, and carries various weapons, but is most proficient with the bow and staff.

Personality: Mildly eccentric. Although he is a army-leading genius he lacks the fine skills of diplomacy and tact. He's not an angry person, just a logical one. Prone to comedic outbursts including random bouts of yelling (sometimes profanities), he is loved by those who know him, and feared by those who oppose him.

History: Saladin was a peasant in Snow White's kingdom, but due to his apparant lack of social skills he insulted someone a little to high up the food chain, resulting in his banishment to the Acid Mines. Being able to have escaped this Hell, he began nursing his wounds in Cinderella's kingdom. Again, he was not able to keep to himself and ended up fleeing a lynch mob out for his head. He is presently in Sleeping Beauty's kingdom, waiting for his chance to start the war to end all wars in Faire.

Nicollete:
Name - Cinderella

Age - 30

Appearance - 5' 7' with long golden blond hair and Bright blue eyes with one glance she can distract almost any man.

Personality - She can be the nicest person you know or your worst enemy. She is a little eccentric at time and all so she is very selfish. She was trained to do magic by her fairy godmother, although roomer has it that Cinderella turned to black magic but no one knows for sure. When she gets board there is no telling what she will think up and now that she left her crown she get board more often.Cinderella is now wondering the country side looking for people loyal to her crown and not Britanna, to help her cause a Revaloution and take back her crown

History - Cinderella is a widow of Peter Charming who she married at the age of 19. It was said that she used her black magic to kill him because she wanted the crown all to her self, but nothing could be proven. She was gone all that day with the general of her gaurd , who was also her best friend, so she had just got back when she found him dead in their bed chamber. They have two childeren, one boy,10 yrs, named Robert charming (who looks just like his father) and one girl,5 yrs, named Ressa Charming (who looks like Cinderella).

Robin: Name- Robin Greenleaf

Age-37

Appearance- about 5' 10, long red hair, green eyes.

Personality-Hard as stone to any under her command. She is a loving wife to her husband Leofwine and favorite Aunt to Cinderella's two children. Robin is loyal only to her Queen and makes the saftly of Cinderella and both of her childrens saftly her first and formost priority.

History- Has know Cinderella since child hood.

Borin: Ambassador of Brittania

age 51

rather pompous, everything must be done according to the rules (although the rules change at the whim of the ruler) Dresses perfectly, never a thing out of place... everything around him must be meticulously clean... goes traveling in a fancy carriage drawn by 6 white horses... enjoys giving big parties and influencing others...

Everybody laughs at him behind his back but he is so full of himself he doesn't know the difference... depends upon his commanders to run the army and navy to the point that they more or less run them without supervision...

---

Does this sound about right everyone?
Tobias had called Snow White, but there is no bio, so these are all of the characters to date that I am aware of.

Are we sure we are ready to start?
(If everyone could post a quick snippet of where his or her character is going to start play, that would be best. Thanks.)
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby skuld » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:05 pm

Just to separate this information from the rest:

Saladin is going to start in the forests of Sleeping Beauty's kingdom. He has managed to gather something of a following and is recruiting more and more people to his cause. He is running from the governments in hopes to keep his faction healthy and functioning.

He is deciding, with his "advisors", what kingdom they will attack first. (If anyone would like to play one of these advisors, just let me know.)
skuld
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)