OCC: Black Fairytails

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby adamremasters » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:37 am

nice
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:51 pm

Adam, I know you already have an IC post, but it would be nice if you could tell all of us where and with whom your character is starting play.

When I have heard from everyone I will post the bios and the previously mentioned information together, for a good reference tool. Hope everyone is sticking around and ready to start.

: )
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Galabrien » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:33 pm

That was a good idea. I was confoozled! Lol.

Ok, am I enemies or friends with Saladin? I am confused about that too.
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby adamremasters » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:25 am

Saladin is a revelotuionary your a monarch that means that no he isn't your friend but your enemy.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:32 am

Adam, I am wondering if you are READING the information that I posted. What we really know right now is where everyone is and what we are doing when we begin. I have posted my information. It would make it a lot easier to write an IC post if we have some info about each other.

Your one-liner posts are somewhat irritating and makes me wonder how much you feel like you want to out into this.

Please, let me know what's going on, so I decide to keep going with this or back down now.

It hard to RP with a person/people who are not dedicated, if you see what I'm saying.

skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby skuld » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:14 am

So...did I scare everyone away or what?
I was just trying to figure out what is going on...

:cry2: :cry:
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Galabrien » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:55 pm

Nope, didn't scare me. I have been gone for a few days because I was sick. I am sorry. Do you want me to go ahead and take up where Adam left off on the RP? I am kinda confoozled on that.
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby skuld » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:59 am

I don't expect anyone to pick up for adam, last we all knew he hadn't dropped it, right? Here's is where I am having the problem, see? I want to keep going, we just don't have enough informationt to do so. All I am asking for is a starting place for all of the characters, and a starting point in the play, so no one gets confuzzled.

:huggles Gal:

See what I'm saying?
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:45 am

you want o know a starting point for each character but you see apart from Saladin there is no real difference when you pick up the character because each of the leaders has been fighting each other for years and so far there has been nothing but a stalemate so one starting period is not very different from another.

But if you want a starting date and prest relationship between characters just all post your views in. But remeber Saladin is hated by all the other characters because they are monarchs who like the power they inherit and Saladin is rebelling against that power.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby skuld » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:51 am

Adam, more specifically than anything else, I am asking for more information about your character.

And which part of the time line we are stating play in.

Does that make sense?
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Galabrien » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:02 am

*huggles back to Skuld!*

Oh no! I just realized something. I have to hate you in the RP. You are my enemy! *gasps!* Maybe we could work something out. My army is getting a tad bit weak with the loss of the General of my army. Maybe if we banded together... let's talk over coffee!
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby skuld » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:23 pm

Wouldn't that be a beautiful twist?
Yes, we should talk, over Chai?

Do you have an AIM or any of the jazz.

I have MSN, and Yahoo on the computer, but I won't be on much longer. Shall we shoot for Monday, maybe?

Just let me know.
I love plot twists!
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Galabrien » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:10 pm

I have a Yahoo name. We can talk if you want to. I am aravis_of_narnia11. I will be on a for a while. If we can't talk tonight let's go for Monday. And I don't really like Chai. I will have a cup of French Vanilla coffee though!

SPLENDID!
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby skuld » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:26 pm

Galabrien wrote:I have a Yahoo name. We can talk if you want to. I am aravis_of_narnia11. I will be on a for a while. If we can't talk tonight let's go for Monday. And I don't really like Chai. I will have a cup of French Vanilla coffee though!

SPLENDID!

Wonderful, I added you to my Yahoo! and the address is pending.
Here is the rest of my information if you would like it.

AIM: skuldhild
Yahoo!: jdthai_no7
MSN: jdthai_no7 at hotmail dot com
GTalk: valkyr.skuldhild at gmail dot com

Enjoy!
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:39 pm

I want to start this rpg as soon as possible anything you want to know about my character can be found in his bio, but genrally he is scared of losing his power in love with the joys of conquest. He hates Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and isn't on particaurly good terms with Cinderella though he respects her he would have no trouble stealing her teritory if it wasn't for the fact she had been displaced by the Bittanian Election.

The timeing is we start the year 1505 Faire Land has been a state of continual war for five years ever sinse Albert and Snow White first started invading the other kingdoms. In that five year period none of the empires has gained anything major, albert nearly gained Cinderellas land but retreated after Brittania conquered it , there were other near victories but truthely the war has been for all sides nothing but a costly waste of lives. At the time the rpg starts Albert is planning on allying with Brittania he is also planning the assasination of snow white this he believes will tip the balance of power his way and allow him to conquer all of Faire Land, he believes because of inhertince rights that his blood allows him a claim to all Faire Land and dosen't belive anyone else has a right to rule there.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Galabrien » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:40 pm

I started the RP if anyone would care to read it. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!!
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby skuld » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:22 pm

I'm still wondering who is really in and out.

Either way, I have my first IC post up.
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Galabrien » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:47 pm

Squee! We can really start this thing. Yippie! 8)
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby skuld » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:57 pm

So...uh...keeping this going requires that people post, and in that I was the last one...yeah...

:D
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicolette_StormChaser » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:51 pm

I am sorry I havent been in. I haven't had much of a chance to be on the computer much. So I will make a post for Cinderella In the next day or two.

Nic
Nicolette_StormChaser
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:29 am

I'm playing.

Life was kinda hectic, so everything got pushed all over.

EDITED

Name: Snow White

Appearance: She is as stunning as the story makes her out to be, without a doubt, with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, hair and eyes the color of ebony. Her beauty is, as mentioned in a few of the stories going around, comparable to a goddess, with perfectly coiffed hair, and accenting her near flawless features with cosmetics of dubious origins. Yet if she were to be compared to a goddess, it would definitely not be one of love or mercy, but more likely one of war or death, for her eyes betray the depths of the darkness that lies beneath her beautiful exterior. Her usual choice of clothes revolves around form-fitting dresses of black leather.

Personality: Not only are her eyes and hair the color of ebony, but her heart as well. Her heart has been twisted after having learnt the dark arts from her mother at a young age, and further twisted as her mother, who she used to look up to, turned on her instead, when it became apparent that her child’s beauty, in addition to her grasp of the dark arts, was soon to exceed hers. She is also the worst person imaginable to cross, for her revenge is devastating, and she will go to no ends to claim her vengeance, and no matter how many dies in the process, as long as she gets her revenge, in her mind, it will be worth it. Furthermore when she deals her vengeance, she will not merely stop at the person who caused her misery, but also to the extent of the person’s friends and family, so as to prevent possible repercussions.

History: Her story is widespread, with nearly everyone all over the world having heard her edited version of the tale, where she was a virtuous maid with an evil mother. In truth, she is no less evil than her mother, who had attempted to kill her numerous times through use of the dark arts. As for the dwarves in her tale, who had helped her during her unofficial exile, they ended up being fodder for the first few assassins her mother had sent, before she had gotten exasperated at the low success rate and decided to take matters into her own hands. The Prince who had rescued and married her turned up dead within a month of their marriage under mysterious circumstances, while all the other members of royalty who might have contested her claim to the throne either disappeared or passed away. By all appearances then she was grieved by the tragedy surrounding her, yet it was obvious to all who had been the one to engineer her takeover of the throne.
Last edited by Tobias_Red-tail on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby adamremasters » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:52 am

That bio is awsome quite amazing. Can't rate to see your first post.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Crimson_Sight » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:51 pm

This story is really coming along nicely :) are there any more spots left? Maybe I could be the beast from the beauty and the beast that lives in and unofficially rules the enchanted forest or what ever :| Tell me what you think
Crimson_Sight
Petitioner to the Council

Postby adamremasters » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:26 am

I don't mind anyone else entering the forum, a dark creature summoned by any of the black magicians or a normal monster might be interesting to get some entrily alien perspective a genral or representative would also be quite exceptable for you. But as long as you can think of something that links with the rest of the stories you can play it.
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Crimson_Sight » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:09 pm

Thanks, here’s my characters bio

Name: Beast

Conscience: evil

Height: 6 foot 7 inches

Appearance: staying true to his name he is a beast, his appearance so vile (covered in matted fur, red blood shot eyes, sharp crooked yellow teeth, shaggy mane, a foaming mouth, ugly Scarred face and of course an arsenal huge bear like claws) that even the creatures of the forest shy away from his castle. Very strong

Other admirable qualities: he is surrounded by the putrid stench of carrion and only leaves his castle to hunt.
His only window to the outside world is his magic mirror (staying true to the movie).

Location: a castle in the enchanted forest, if it can really be called a castle. Only three towers remain the rest lies in ruins. He has the lovely habit of decorating the grounds with the heads of people who stray to close.

Disposition: he has not a care, show compassion, love or have gratitude for anything, one could do anything imaginable for him and he would kill them just the same. One of his favorite pastimes is to torture anything he can get his paws on (literally) perhaps the pain that they feel takes his mind off his own.

History:
Long ago there lived now forgotten prince by the name of Alex the Merciful. He inhabited the most beautiful castle in all the lands, he was fair and handsome and many came to live in his kingdom. Life was good until one day during a feast an old witch came into town and demanded entrance into the throne room. When the guards told her she would have to wait she persisted and pushed her way through. One of the guards tried to stop her and the witch turned and pointed her finger at him to the kings great dismay his best royal guard exploded all over the room.
“What is the meaning of this” he said to the hideous, now blood covered, witch.
“I have come along way to ask you if you would take my hand in marriage.
“I would NEVER marry the likes of you, sorceress” he replied “consider yourself rejected”
She said something about deceiving looks and with that she transformed into a beautiful woman
“I am Lillith” she proclaimed “I must disguise myself from my enemies when I travel; now then, you must marry me or suffer the consequences!”
“I do not care how you look, I will never marry you” Lillith looked stunned for a second but then her face darkened.
“Fine!” she proclaimed and pointed her finger out the window. There was a sound like a thunder clap and a flash of red light. Alex blinked, to his horror one of the castle towers was collapsing right before his eyes. Black flames roared from the tower windows, with a crash it collided with the ground destroying several town houses. But it didn’t stop there from the wreckage of the tower came another flash and the black flames leapt high again. Alex gapped as the fire ravenously devoured home by home, villagers by villager until there was almost nothing left. All this happened within 10 seconds and Alex had little time to react.
“Stop, oh please stop” he wept and Lillith looked up.
“Well?” she barked “Will you marry me?”
“You’re a monster!” he shouted
“NO YOU’RE A MONSTER!!” she said and pointed her dreaded finger back at him. There was no noise or flash of light but he felt an agonizing pain deep from within him and he started to change, he grew huge and thick fur sprouted from all over, in only a few seconds he became a huge and hideous beast (see appearance).
“You may not care what I look like but how about what YOU look like” She laughed Alex howled “because you chose not to love me you will never love again” she proclaimed rather pompously.
“That’s what YOU think” the Alex roared
“I’m sorry, I meant to say that no one will ever love you again, swine”
“We will see” he growled
“If someone comes loves you,” she said producing a rose "all the petals will fall off this rose and you will be returned to your former appearance, consider it a bet.” And then she left as quickly as she came and Alex didn’t see her again for a long long time.
He hid in a tower for many years, eventually all his servants died and the townsfolk left. He waited and waited but he didn’t age one year. He waited and waited until one day a beautiful lady by the name of Bella arrived and in time she came to love him. On one glorious day the last petals fell of and he became human once again.
But they didn’t live happily ever after, she wanted power and he didn’t have any, because of his years all alone in the tower the people had come to forget him. So one day she left him to try to find a young prince by the name of Albert Charming. The flower petals that lay strewn on the flour reconnected with the stem of the rose and Alex turned back into Beast. He found Bella just as she was leaving the forest, he dove on her and begged her to take him back but she refused to do so. Overcome by misery he killed her by means of ripping a hole in her breast and extracting her heart. Engulfed in misery he returned to the castle and swore to get revenge. Revenge on the prince who had stolen the love of his life and the witch who had destroyed his empire and had made him the hideous monster he had become. In the castle he lived, in the castle he brooded and in the castle he became what you know him as today, he became Beast!!?!!?!!

(Ouch, my history needs work :| (grammar ex. but I haven’t time to edit it now)

Tell me what you think!! I hope its all right I used your characters :shock: if not just tell me and I’ll change it :)
Crimson_Sight

Postby Crimson_Sight » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:51 pm

the enchanted forest could be in the center of the continent like a sort of no mans land
Crimson_Sight

Postby skuld » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:45 am

What the heck is with all of the n00bs double posting?
*wonders*

Alright, so I am likin' the bio.
If it makes any difference what so ever.

I think we should start posting some more in character.
:hint hint, clue clue:

XD
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:36 am

I can only post this Sunday earliest though, my life's kinda hectic, so I hope you all will be patient. >_<

EDIT: I felt like writing... Although it's now... 2.27 in the morning.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Crimson_Sight » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:08 pm

Gory, I know :twisted: but it is a BLACK fairytale. I’ll post Merlin’s bio soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Merlin
Sex: male
Age: unknown, extremely old maybe even tens of thousands of years old
Conscience: evil
Height: 5 feet 3 inches
Appearance: wrinkly and ugly has a long beard, thin long grey hair, three teeth, hunched posture, blank white eyes, pail almost transparent skin, skinny but also very strong.
Other admirable qualities: he feeds off of souls, is cannibalistic and has become totally consumed by hate
Weapon(s): a staff with an infants head on the end. The head rots and heals constantly and feeds off Merlin’s life blood. It is capable of the tricky task of removing souls, Merlin’s primary source of power. With the staff Merlin holds great power and hopes to use it to retrieve some of his former glory.
Wardrobe: tattered stained cloak.
Location: a huge tree in the enchanted forest, the tree’s base opens into a huge underground lair.
Disposition: enjoys ripping the souls out of any thing he can, the removal of ones sole is a gory and painful process for the patient, after Merlin is done he kills and eats the person (I think his disposition is quite clear)
History: he was once the most powerful wizard ever until he was hit by a satraphearian blast, it would have killed any other magician but Merlin survived. However Merlin didn’t get off scuff free, he was striped of most of his power and had to give up much of his empire. He took up caring for a small child (who I will not say) but they betrayed him, in the process taking his kingdom, his remaining power and his eye sight. He was forced to live in the enchanted forest until he could reclaim his throne.

Soul: the essence and magical potential of a person. The more powerful the person the bigger the soul.
Satraphearian blast: a blast powered by ones soul, it destroys the person who casts it but it’s sure to make a mark. One of the most powerful spells if the person’s soul is big

Is anyone hear, :? its almost been two weeks since someone else posted
Crimson_Sight

Postby adamremasters » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12 am

man you killed the role play
adamremasters
Citizen of Imladris

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)