OOC: Celtic Spring Celebration - Beltane(Open to Anyone)

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed May 23, 2007 11:18 pm

Hey Nycks.

Greatings everyone! :D

Before I submit a bio, I had one question. does every race have their "soul" in a gem about their neck or just the Daoine Sidhe ?

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby LadyEdana » Sat May 26, 2007 8:00 am

All Sidhe (fay) have their soul in a gem, It is just easies for most to have it magically set in a necklace or something like that rather then carry in in their pocket or ......mouth *grinns at Smog*

Sorry I've been gone so long, I'm just now rotating the brace on and off... It's actually time to put it back on but I will post on the IC before I do that.

(for those who haven't stopped by the guild... I sprained my wrist)
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun May 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Oooh! That's not fun. I've sprained just about everything in my body lol.

I'm not going to try and change Eclethon to much, but I will try and make him a little more like the Phoukas in the books. Though I can see now that a character like mine would be unheard of :roll:

I have another question. You said in the first post "The merlin of Ireland" Is this the same Merlin in Authurian legends? And if so (or not) does that mean that the 'mortal world' is our world?
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby NyckS » Sun May 27, 2007 5:52 pm

The Merlin of Ireland is actually a term for the leader of Ireland spiritually, if I am correct. Not sure about that, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

I'm looking forward to see what you do with your character Smog. ;)
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyEdana » Sun May 27, 2007 8:08 pm

Correct Nycks, they Merlin is the highest Druid for a particular region. In this case all of Ireland. The Merlin in the Arthurian legends most likely was this for all of Britain, it's just thr Christians writing the legends out and adapting them didn't understand it. Morgana (Morgaine le Fey) was most likely a priestess similar to Earen's Character, not an actual witch.

Smog, that's fine. Like I said, it doesn't have to be perfectly "acurate" because we don't know for sure if there has been something lost in translation for any fay type.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 pm

I'm currently waiting for Vanadeliel... but if she takes much longer, I'm going to steal her spot and post again... but it may take me a while... I've been busy at work lately with big bosses there and all. ;)
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyEdana » Sun May 27, 2007 11:47 pm

LOL Don't get into my habit. It's too confusing to try to keep up that many things....
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Mon May 28, 2007 10:58 am

Yes, it certainly is... but that's okay, I'll survive. It's only for the summer after all... and then I have to look at school this semester... which is going to be lots of fun and interesting, and all that. It will be good!
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 29, 2007 8:34 pm

I am sorry that I have been remiss on posting here but my mother has been in the hospital and having surgery. She is doing so good and just had a heart valve replaced and one repaired today. Now we have to wait for her to start her healing before they can do the stint on her aorta. No fun for her being so sick.

I will work on a post I promise. But I go on vacation for 18 days starting on friday. So you may have to post around me or move me along while I am gone. :D Just remember I am a lady and that I can not be harmed and we are doing great. :P
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Tue May 29, 2007 8:37 pm

*mocking voice* That's right! If anyone lays a finger on her all of Tir-Nan-Og shall avenge!!! *ends*

Tell your mother she's in my prayers. I know she doesn't know me, but it'll be nice for her to hear. :D :grouphug:
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Tue May 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Yes, I'll pray for her and you both, Vana.

And also, I'm a perfect gentleman... ladies are sacred gifts of God. ;)
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue May 29, 2007 9:07 pm

Thank you both!!

Nycks I have posted a small post. I will let you say or do something for which we can play more off of.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby LadyEdana » Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Nycks Vana was supposed to change it from Edana to Brier. She must have forgotten, she was getting off to go to bed. You know me as Brier.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 30, 2007 8:36 am

Sorry sweetie I didnt get that you wanted me to change that but it is done now! :hug: :rose:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed May 30, 2007 4:24 pm

For your consideration:

Name: Glendarion (Glen)
True Name: Ieiunium Venator
Race: Phouka(pooka).
Soul: A small lump of Coal containing a jagged, raw diamond on a fine silver chain

Appearance: Glen is tall and broad shouldered. His is well muscled and lean, with a powerful frame. His hair is black and hangs down to his shoulder blades in a pony tale. His eyes are green and his skin is bronze.

Powers/Skills: Prefers cat forms and seldom takes the form of any other species. Can commune with animals and command them. This also requires knowledge of the animal’s true name, but his is a lore master in this area. Can play the lute very well (he tends to subconsciously play tunes according to his mood if he doesn’t pay attention). He is very athletic and handles his daggers well.

Weapons: Two steel long, curved daggers at his belt, and two steel long, strait daggers strapped to his calves. They are all plain except for having been dipped in molten Silver for the express purpose of slaying werewolves or Tylwyth Teg that become dangerous or threaten his forest.

Clothing: Glen goes barefooted and wears straight black velvety trousers and creamy white tunic. Over his shirt he wears a long black sir coat, which he leaves open, with the Celtic knots embroidered in silver around the cuffs. His hair is tied back with a leather thong with two tiny silver bells at the ends that tinkle faintly when he moves.

Personality: He prefers cat forms because he likes to think that they relate to each other nicely. He is very independent and confident. He is usually sporting a faint smile that is derived from a constant detached observation of others. He does not have any close friends outside his forest brethren, and there he is considered to be more of a benevolent casual king/mediator. He is very cordial and polite and serene, but nothing more, and in this way he keeps people at arms distance for the most part, while still keeping an amiable aura. He might seem passive, but those who find the right levers to pull and buttons to push will tell you otherwise. He does have a fierce pride, but it is difficult to hurt or afflict as he does not get angry easily and does not put stock in insults. He likes peace and quite and taking long naps in the sun.

History: Glen has only memories of his parents, as he left “home” at a very early age to live elsewhere on his own in solitude. Bbefore he left, his father gifted him with four daggers and the knowledge of how to use them. He has always preferred solitude and independence, where there is peace and quiet, and found it in a large wood bordered by several small villages. He spends most of his time roaming the forest and minding his own business much like the other creatures. Every once in a while he has been called upon by the animals to settle disputes of a simple animal nature, and he complies. He is known to the villages as well, as the lion, leopard, jaguar, panther, or wildcat cat that will sometimes show up drive away predators or return a run-away domesticated animal (he and the other animals do not want their kind in their forest), or he might demand a warm night by the fire and a saucer of milk in the form of a tabby or regular house cat. He has defended his forest for over 100 years from any evil or feral beast or any mortal or fay with malevolent intentions.

Hope you like. Sorry its so long. I have a bad habit of doing that :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby SmogsFlame » Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 pm

SAWEET! Another Pooka. Er, that is if Lady Edana approves. :lol: Looked good to me though.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyEdana » Wed May 30, 2007 9:04 pm

LOL That's fine, As long as the Poukas don't try to lead away any small children :P

That's ok Vana, I know you were tired and stressed.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed May 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Great I'll get to work on post tonight then, and try to post it by tomorrow. :)

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Welcome Quill!! It will be great posting with you in an rp again!!

Nycks I have thought over what I wrote and I think I might make some changes between our characters. I will remove his taking my hand. I dont know what would make him do that at this point if ever. A curtsie isnt usally low enough to need a helping hand in standing back upright. Sorry if this is weird to you that I am changing it. I dont want to presume anything either of your character.

Okay all fixed and I like it better!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu May 31, 2007 7:58 pm

Right, I posted something. It gets me into the tent where most everybody else is. Feel free to pick Glen up at the table if somebody wants to.

SmogFlame, I hope I got your character right. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Vana, its great to be able to post with you again too; though this time I think I'll be good this time around, and try not to kidnapp your char. :P :D but no promisses :twisted:

Heh, I just saw that have the same TORC birthday... :shock: coincidence I think not! You must me my long lost torc twin... or something...

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 31, 2007 9:08 pm

That very well could be hon!! :D :hug: I am off to read your post!!

**Dances off stage left**
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SmogsFlame » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Ah don't worry Quim you did alright what him. Oh BTW you can call me SF, everyone does, and it's easier. :lol:

I'm anxious to see what the people inside the pavilions reactions are to another phouka in their midst.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby LadyEdana » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 am

The posts are good everyone, I just want to remind everyone that if you pick up another persons character for an introduction Be sure to either have them give a nickname or talk to them in the OOC first about giving a true name, esp if they are fae, which so far all of the characters are. True Names are binding, and most fae will not give them out on a first meeting. Keelty and Edana know each other's true names because the characters go back a long ways.

I will post as soon as Nycks responds to mine and Vana's posts, I don't like taking someone's character too far into the story, esp when their personallity was not posted in their bio.
LadyEdana
Ranger of the North

Postby NyckS » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:12 pm

I'm working on a post... sorry I'm so slow, but I AM still around, don't worry!

EDIT: Posted... and man, Vana just made me feel so slow. IT took me WAY TOO long to get a post up and then within like three hours, Vana had another up following mine. I'm sorry!!!
NyckS
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Dont worry Nycks I was hoping to pull others back into the conversation and mix of things!!

Come on guys lets get partying!! ;) :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:02 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of waiting until my char was approached by somebody, him not being especially sociable. But i left room in his psych to crave a dance or two ;) so he might be tapping into the conversation before too long. Unless anybody had any plans to approach him?

We'll see.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Don't wait too long Quil just join in!! :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Alrighty, I'll get to work on something. Don't wait up unless you want too. I'll get it up as soon as I can think of a good way to have him steal one of you fine ladies away for a dance :) :twisted: :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Sounds good hon!! I cant wait to see what you plot out. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:37 am

Alrighty, I posted a little something.

Vana, I'm thinking your character is the one that Glen approached. Hope you don't mind the kidnapping :twisted:

Nycks, hope I didn't try to kidnap her too soon :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)