Our Latest Episode

Welcome To

The One Ring

Listen to our weekly podcast, Exploring Tolkien, with Tolkien fans and experts Jonathan Watson and Michael Grumbine. We discuss, debate, and dive deep into everything Tolkien wrote, and examine how new shows (like The Rings of Power) are  adapting Tolkien’s works (for good or ill)!

Keep up with us on Social Media!

What our Listeners are Saying

Phenomenal!

“It’s incredibly refreshing to hear Michael, Jonathan, and Dan appreciate Tolkien’s world, without imposing their world views on it. A Must-listen-to if you’re a real Tolkien Fan!”

~FDH

Better than any Class

“These guys are better than any literature class I ever took! They delve into On Fairy Stories and The Silmarillion in a way that would cause Professor Tolkien to smile and raise his glass.

~Dani California

Excellent!

“If you want to read (or simply listen) through The Silmarillion with three brilliant guys, this is the podcast for you.”

~Pcola Benny

Funny, Entertaining

“I love how they are always respectful and thought-provoking, and show me things I might have missed.”

~DreamNomad

Previous Episodes

Subscribe Now!

You can find our podcast on any device, on any service!  If you have any problems, please email us at info@theonering.com.

Listen On Apple Podcasts
Listen On Spotify
Watch On Youtube
Listen On Iheart Radio

Get Our Weekly Newsletter

Every episode, the latest news, and other Tolkien info in your inbox!

Exploring Tolkien 2024 Square Image

Exploring Tolkien Podcast

Join Jonathan, Michael, and Dan as they explore Tolkien’s Middle-earth every week!

Middle Earth Maps

Maps of Middle-earth

Take a deeper look at the lay of Middle-earth

Complete List Of Film Changes

The Complete List of Film Changes

Read about every change the films made to the books!

Our Favorite Things

Here are some of our favorite things that make great gifts for any Tolkien fan!