Hobbituk's Homely House (v 2.0)

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby AlexSnitzel » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:50 pm

I am lost.

And GHW's sig pic is scaring this humble newb. :shock: :( (;))

I need to be filled with some genuine TORCly love.

Would you adopt me if I said that you, Hobbituk, have a very cool screen name indeed?

hopes...

:horse: :horse:
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:24 am

Hey AlexSnitzel

Sorry my sig pic has scared you... I was having trouble with getting a lot rejected because the files sizes were just too big, and I haven't had the time to scower the internet for new fantastic fantasy ones... so I found this one of Mr Rob Zombie on my hard disk, and it was the right sort of size... so I thought it would do as a space filler for a while. I quite like it.. but then I am a little twisted :twisted:

Welcome to the best adoption thread in the land! Dad (Hobbi) is simply marvellous and I'm sure he will be more than happy to take care of you... he has done it for all of us and look how well we turned out!

Welcome to the family.

To everyone else... I think I am going to make my memorable 300th post in the Orphans... no offence :( but there's more activity there :)

Cheers All

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:23 pm

Welcome Alex, course I'll adopt you. You're the first new person we've had here in ages!

Not that you're really new! A July join date and 63 posts ;)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby AlexSnitzel » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:59 pm

Woohoo, thanks! 8) I feel special indeed. Thanks for the welcome.

GHW, I hope you didn't change your sig pic just on my account. :oops: I must admit it was very cool. But your new one rocks. :D
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:17 pm

Hey Hobbi - Good to see you around!

Alex
- Well I didn't exactly change my sig pic because of you.. but you did bring it to my attention that it might be scaring other sensitive souls on TORC!

Glad you thought rob was cool though... I think I may stick with cloud for a long long time...

Now that you have been officially welcomed... I welcome you!

Cheers

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:08 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: I'm so ashamed.
I have barely been able to get online the past couple of days, let alone post anything which means I've sadly missed being the first to welcome our new member.:(

Ah well :D.

Hi Alex! I'm Don *cough*girl*cough*.;) Glad you could join us.
How you doing?
I do like Wardens new sig a bit better.;):P
So tell us a bit about youself.:)

I'm guessing your from the uk from your comment about hobbs screen name, but not too sure.

I'm from the east coast of the US. I coach swim team (hehe untill tomorrow that is. Hoo-rah! :P ) and I'm a lifeguard.
umm what else.... It's late here and I really should be sleeping as I have to get up early in the morning so my brain is dying on me fast.
Well I'm sure I'll think of more interesting facts about myself later.:P

Night everyone!

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:50 am

Hey All

Yes Don you have now put me to shame... I never even gave a proper little bio of myself... do you forgive me Alex?

Well I'm a Physics Undergraduate at Edinburgh University, but I come from Belfast in the happy magical land of leprechauns and guinness! I really enjoy my theatre and singing and such, and sing in the University Chamber Choir and have the part of Luiz in a production of the Gondoliers... with the lyrics to one of my songs down there in my sig. I'm a lazy bum and don't currently have a job, and my main pastime is probably drinking!

C'mon let's hear a little about you then... though I'm sure you know the usual under 18 rules... don't be revealing anything like that :P

Don - You never said anything about the song? Did you listen to it? Some of the Indigo Girls' stuff is just amazing like that, but other stuff is a little "hicky.." for my liking! Speak Soon

Hey Hobbi and Jae.. and Ren if you're still about... and where has Bou gone? We miss you dear!

Cheers

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:11 am

Yeah Warden, I did listen to it after I finished watching a movie with my sister last night.
It was very nice, though, I was expecting something metal-ish so it was a bit of a suprise.:) But still very good.
I was going through my old cds last night and I have one to send along to you here in a bit.

-Don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby ArienelFeawen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:21 pm

Hello! I'm a returning member (as you can tell :) ) but, i still need a little help getting back into the swing of things. Will you adopt me? *puppy eyes* :wink:

Arien
ArienelFeawen
Ranger of the North

Postby AlexSnitzel » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:50 pm

I never even gave a proper little bio of myself... do you forgive me Alex?

But of course. :P :wink:

I'm guessing your from the uk from your comment about hobbs screen name, but not too sure.

Wish I was. ;) I'm an east-side USAer too, from South Carolina specifically. But as soon as I find the cash, I'm heading over the pond. :)

I'm a lazy bum and don't currently have a job, and my main pastime is probably drinking!

Hey, we sound like we'll get along fairly well! ;)

C'mon let's hear a little about you then... though I'm sure you know the usual under 18 rules... don't be revealing anything like that

Well, I just barely scrape by the 18 year rule. I'm 18 and live in South Carolina, the bottom of the US food chain. ;) I am studying Media Arts and Graphic Design at the University of South Carolina.

Thanks for the welcomes! Nice to meet everyone.
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:56 am

Hey All

Another fine day in the approach to Christmas! My exam isn't for another 4 hours or so so I've got up to get some extra work and past papers in! Woo Hoo!

Don
- Old CDs? Am I not worth any new cds? As far as I remember the song you sent was quite nice... but who is the mysterious band/artist? Thanks very much for the card as well! It did cheer me up, both with the very nice wee message and the incredibly stereotypical irish cartoon characters! It was crazy! :)

Hey Areinel! Always good to see people returning... I have done it on numerous occasions... hence my post count is teeny tiny... but I think this latest spell of posting for me has been the most prolonged and productive! I'm sure Hobbi will love to adopt you! Technically I am your "older" brother, The Warden, but it's gonna be kinda strange with you being an old hand and all :P

Alex - Thank you for your forgiveness... much appreciated! Always good to have another University Student amongst our ranks... we need to live up to our reputation... ANARCHY, PROTESTS, DRUGS, SEX... and all the rest!

Cheers All

I've got a lot of reply notifications this morning so I'll not be going anywhee too quickly!

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:46 am

Alex, you seem to be settling here well :wink:

Hi Anriel!

Will you adopt me? *puppy eyes*

How could I say no to that? Welcome aboard the good ship...er...Hobbi!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:06 am

Hobbi... just a question for you... you're from Yorkshire and you drum in a band.. what is the name of your band?

I just have a feeling about this one

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:07 pm

Welcome ArienelFeawen!

As your probably know, I'm Don. :) Nice to meet you.;)

Alex- Hey thats cool. I'm in VA.;) I'm trying to save for a pretty big trip here in about a year.:D My first time to europe and I can't wait.

Warden- hehe Well I don't think you would like my new cds that much.
And besides, I love my older ones. Those have the songs that I can listen to at any time and still love.
Glad to hear you liked that one I sent. I had my doubts you would and almost didn't send it.
Umm artist is peter salette I think it was...
Hahaha I'm glad you liked the card.:P I saw the little dancing irish smile and thought you would get a kick outta it. And don't you mean Crazeee?:P

-Don
Last edited by Donernilwen on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Turelie_Lurea » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:40 pm

Hey everyone! Missed all of you...

Hobbi, dearest, would you mind rejoining the Hunt? I'm coming back to TORC for a bit, hopefully to finish that silly RP. Thanks ;)
Turelie_Lurea
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:19 pm

Hobbi... just a question for you... you're from Yorkshire and you drum in a band.. what is the name of your band?

I just have a feeling about this one

I've a feeling your feeling is probably wrong. My current band has no name and has barely played any gigs.

My last band was named Overplay but we split up nearly a year ago.

LUREA!! Fantastic to see you. Would I mind rejoining the Hunt?

Try and stop me girl!
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Boudiccallama » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:26 pm

Hello there, My name is Boudiccallama, but you can call me Bou. I was once a regular here, but I don't suppose anyone remembers me. Still, I thought I'd come see my old haunt. Some of these names do look familiar... maybe we can all get reacquainted?

HAHA!!! :P

Just joking all! How is everyone?:D:D:D Sorry about the appearance of neglect, but the same old excuse still remains. I have Zero access to a computer. In fact, I broke into an old lady's house while she was sleeping to type just this. You muast all be quiet so as not to wake her, okay?

Hello newbies! (peering warmly down at them) If I could welcome you with a massive hug, I would, but as it is I'm still in Oregon and that's far away... :roll: I am a relative youngster here (am I?) and I am so pleased to have you join us. It was worth whatever you had to sacrifice to get here, trust me. :lol:

On January fourth, I will be making my way back to Virginia, where I attend Southern Virginia University. It will be my second year and I am a technical theatre major. I'm pretty passionate about everything I do and I work to maintain a high standard of values for myself. I'm way open about everything, consider myself a very black-and-white thinker and I...am done writing a bio. That's me.

Not much to tell. Got your last letter Don. SO SHORT!! I so need to write you back. Andrew (institute guy) and I went on a second date. It was satisfying. He makes me smile and I can't stop thinking about him for a minute. :roll: I think I'm smitten. sheesh.

I give my greetings and love to all in the home-Warden, Don, Hobbi(my dear, so good to see you active again here, too) Jae, Ren and all the old schoolers and to all the new as well.

That's all.

Kisskiss,
Bou

Still feels like home...[/b]
Boudiccallama
Shield Bearer

Postby ArienelFeawen » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome 8) Warden, i have always wanted a big brother :wink:

Don, very nice to meet you!

Hobbi, i was hoping the puppy eyes would work :lol: thanks again!

Arien
ArienelFeawen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:02 am

Hey All

Dang it’s Saturday morning and I have an exam in just over an hour… this is not good! But ah well we are going to take Edinburgh by storm afterwards… so I imagine if I am posting a message here this evening that I shall be fairly intoxicated… I’ll try not to!

Don – First off you mean CraYzee! Second… the more I listen to the first song you sent me the less convinced I am I like it… maybe a little cheesy. As far as last nights additions go… the first one wasn’t formatted right so won’t play :P and I haven’t given the second one a whirl yet! Thanks for sending them though and I will listen… I can’t do without music… listening to a bit of Pink Floyd at the minute!

Lurea – I add my wows to that of Hobbi! Good to see you, and as I say to all old hands who pop up out of the blue, I hope this won’t be a one off :)

Hobbi – Yeah the feeling was wrong. My flatmate is from Scarborough and plays guitar for Pony Club and they’re having their last ever gig (number three…) over Christmas and I just thought it would have been the most amazing coincidence if you had been the drummer heehee. Was worth a shot though right?

Bou – It’s immense to see you dear! You have been greatly missed and I can’t wait till you get access to a computer again… fingers crossed when you get back to Uni in January! Great to hear your news!

Arienel – I can but try! Well now… you’re going to know a lot about us from reading this page… but you haven’t told us anything about yourself! Tit for tat dear… eye for an eye… and all that :) Looking forward to hearing all about you… <hint>! Cheers!

And HELLO TO ALEX!

Cheers All

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby AlexSnitzel » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:27 am

Warden, I just got out of a final myself. Pulled an almost allnighter last night preparing, and am now pumped on Red Bull. Hopefully the lack of sleep paid off, and I scraped an ok grade on the exam. How'd yours go?

Hobbi, you've got a band? Very cool - what kind of music do you play?

Don, good luck on your saving! I hope to do the backpack thing next summer. I just need a couple thousand more dollars. :wink: Air fares for June are ridiculous.
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby ArienelFeawen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:02 am

Well Warden, i have a language final Monday...French. And the rest of my finals are in Jan. :roll: right after the holiday. Where's the sense in that?

Hello Alex! I live in Cali, with Arnold as governor :P the rest of his term should be interesting!

Hobbi, you have a band? :shock: How long have you played the drums?

Arien
ArienelFeawen
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:26 am

OOh so many questions!

I play in a band that's made up of the remnants of my last band Overplay. That is, me on drums and my friend Pete (who played Bass in Overplay) on guitar and vocals. We have also brought in a girl on keyboard and vocals.

So far we're doing mostly covers...everything from Queen to Starsailor and Bon Jovi to The Darkness.

And I've been playing drums since I was 9...so 11 years now!

Warden...well, Yorkshire is pretty big (well...for England). Scarborough is a nice enough seaside town though! (bit commercial)
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Postby Jaeniver » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:41 pm

Whoa!! new family! i have missed alot!

First of, hello and welcome to the new members of our little family ;) hope you are setteling in nicely (or are enjoying your return ;) ).

I'm just here to maintain Warden and Don for they can get fussy :P seeing you are in more then capable hands with Hobbi i shall simply take a seat and hang around.

once again welcome!! :D
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:32 pm

Hey fam-

Couldn't bare to rob you all of my presence any longer.:P :roll:

I'm doing alright.:) Just normal stuff going on. It was my little brothers birthday today so it was nice. We had a little party. He's 7 now :shock: .

Bou- Can't wait till you head back over here! How much time do you need to get settled in before I barge in on you?:P 5 mins? hehehe
I was so proud of my short letter. I think that was a personal best of mine.:)
"satisfying" huh? :P never heard a date described like that but ok. And yes, you sound smitten.....yet again.hehe;)
I don't see how we could possible be related one bit...ok so I lied. :roll:
But really, good for you! Do let me know what happens.;)
I do love it when you find yourself smiling when you think of that special someone. Though, now that I don't have a particular someone( or at least a realistic someone :roll: ), I don't really miss it. Is that bad? I just find myself perfectly content right now as far as relationships go.hmm this is a bit odd...:P

Warden hehe you know my keyboard is a mess.:P I'm pounding on it right now.;) And yeah, the song is REALLY cheesy. Thats just how the song is. ;) That first one didn't work?! Rrrr... I really like that one. Was it the same way the first one with problems was? The second isn't a favorite at all. Its not bad though.
Right now I've found my old moulin rouge cd and have gotten hooked on it again. :) You seen the movie?

Alex- thanks. :roll: I'm gonna need it. Good luck to you too. Summer air is VERY expencive. I've opted to go during the off season.;) When you get shopping for tickets let me know. I know my way around air fare sites and could help you out if you'd like.:)

Hobb- I thought you hated the darkness. :?

And I think we hardly need "maintaining". I mean we are pretty well behaved aren't we?....ok well maybe not =:)

-don
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:47 pm

My most profound and sincerest apologies one and all! I have been having an eventful week since my last post here, mostly involving lots of food and alcohol consumption, and at the moment I am incredibly tired with my last exam in the morning, and understandably I am having a humungous party at my flat tomorrow night! Hopefully this is a reasonable explanation for my shoddy post rate… for a fuller picture I shall be posting in the Orphans if I haven’t already dropped off by the time I get there!

Alex – That last exam of mine actually went the best of all of them so far even though it was probably the hardest! I think it’s because I did more work for it with knowing that it was gonna be the hardest or something. I’ve a little wary about this exam tomorrow though as it is the only one that we haven’t been provided with past papers or some sort of mock exam for… it really could be anything from excellent to scarily bad! I’ll tell you tomorrow!

Arienel – Well most other people at other uni’s seem to have their exams in January… at least you get some out of the way before Christmas… it’s better than having them ALL waiting for you. How did your exam go?

Hobbi – Ah the beautiful thing about living with English folk is that I can slag off the Northerners and the Southerners alike… then of course they poke fun at me for being Irish… but I know I’m the best! Immense sig pic by the way!

Jae – Yes indeed we do get fussy… and rightfully so! And don’t think I’ll be letting you sit anywhere near me :P

Don – Wish I had something interesting to say to you… but we’ve been chatting so much on MSN recently I’ll just give you a big HELLO!

Cheers All

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby ArienelFeawen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:54 pm

eh, it was actually pretty easy. i got stuck on a couple of spots, but the rest was alright. but, i'll give u a hint
*glances around dramatically*
I'm not at a university! :shock: hehe. thanks for asking :)

Thanks, Jaeniver! it's great to be back 8)

Arien
ArienelFeawen
Ranger of the North

Postby AlexSnitzel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:06 am

Don, thanks, I will! I've been looking around Student Universe, which is what I usually use when I have to travel. I thought about going in the off-season, but, unfortunately, school is a pain to work around. :roll: I thought about going during Christmas break, but I don't really want to cut it short just for the off-season savings. And also, everything will be a lot :shock: colder of course. ;)

Warden, glad to hear it went well! Sounds very similar to mine that I had a few days ago... was definitely the hardest, but it's the one I did the most studying for, so I think I did ok. Good luck on the rest of your's.

Arienel, I've been to Cali once... was a great experience! I'll hold off on the Terminator jokes. :P
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

Postby ArienelFeawen » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:00 pm

Haha, Alex, i've heard a lot of terminator jokes 8) some are actually rather good :wink:

Arien
ArienelFeawen
Ranger of the North

Postby GreyHavensWarden » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:43 am

Hurrah Extended Edition just popped through my letter box!

*sighs with relief*

There was some doubt as to whether it would arrive while I was still in Edinburgh... as I am leaving tomorrow so it would have been sitting on its own for three weeks otherwise!

Alex - Exams are all over now... although that last one was a little weird. We hadn't been given any past/mock exam papers for it so we didn't know what to expect :shock: I'm pretty sure I will have done well enough to pass though :P Now for a bit of mind control...
if you are going on a big holiday come to IRELAND... it's great :)

Arienel - Whoopsiedoodle... my mistake! Glad to hear it went well though.. that's all that matters!

Hey Don, Jae, Hobbi, Bou...

Now for Christmas shopping... suitcase packing and EE watching!!

Cheers

The Warden
GreyHavensWarden
Rider of the Mark

Postby AlexSnitzel » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:13 am

Wardern, I hate it when professors do that, leave you without knowing what's coming up on the exam. :shock: I actually hope to spend a lot of time in Ireland. Maybe we'll meet up over a pint or two. :wink: Enjoy the EE!
AlexSnitzel
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic