Stormy's House Revisited

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby Farawen » Tue May 11, 2004 8:46 am

HEY! :) Hi, Arahn! It's very nice meeting you.

How's your dad doing? :)

Make yourself at home here, and as soon as Stormy comes back, he'll show you your new room. :D If you happen to have any questions, shoot.

PS: elsha, that's okay - I was kidding. :D:)
Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby elfshadow » Tue May 11, 2004 8:50 pm

Hello and welcome to TORC, Arahn :D ! I know I saw you in our convo thread just a couple of hours ago, I'm so glad you found the place and introduced yourself. I think you'll find a lot more people over at the convo thread than here at the adoption one (although there are so many lurkers and not enough talkers..... :P ).

Anyway, I promise that we won't barrage you with questions about Parm....after awhile :roll: . We're so happy to have you with us....make yourself at home.
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Anthriel » Wed May 12, 2004 7:30 pm

I'm here to enjoy TORC along with my Dad.

I can't tell you, Arahn, how cool I think this statement is. Tell your dad hi from Anth, and I hope he's getting lots of rest. And we're very glad you're here! Ring had some brownies, and she may have some left... you have to be fast around here. :)

Hi, I'm CHARLIE. :D How's Japan?

The above line is from my son, who is nine. He thinks it's neat that you live in Japan... I do, too! We are in Arizona, in the Southwestern US. Do you know it?
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arahn.of.Imladris » Thu May 13, 2004 7:26 am

First of all, thank you to the person who made my black letters into red
ones. My dad says these people are called TORC Angels, so thanks to
my TORC Angel.
My dad is resting, but he works really too hard. After classes are over
he goes to his study and lets himself fall asleep in his chair. He has an
office now in the university and I go there to visit him lots. He has a
really big collection of videos and DVDs and books, so students drop by
to look and ask to borrow some. He usually lets them. I got Last Samurai
from him today, but it was part of a deal we had. It looks really cool!
My dad doesn't do very well when he sees blood and stuff. I think I have
to hold his hand through this one.

Man, there is too much writing here without some kind of pictures or
something. :D

See you again after mid-terms are over! I got an A this semester in
English from my dad, but I had to really work for it!
Arahn.of.Imladris
Petitioner to the Council

Postby evenstararwn2 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:44 pm

Well, I finally figured out that when you are watching a page you get emailed with new posts. Still haven't figured out My favorites though.

I have another couple of questions for you. Why are some threads "sticky?"

:Q :shock: Are both of these emoticons conveying shock? If only the yellow one is supposed to be showing shock, what does the blue one mean?

By the way, there is chocolate cake in the kitchen for anyone who wants some.
evenstararwn2
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Mighty_Squid » Fri May 14, 2004 7:28 am

evenstararwn2 wrote:Well, I finally figured out that when you are watching a page you get emailed with new posts. Still haven't figured out My favorites though.

I have another couple of questions for you. Why are some threads "sticky?"

:Q :shock: Are both of these emoticons conveying shock? If only the yellow one is supposed to be showing shock, what does the blue one mean?

By the way, there is chocolate cake in the kitchen for anyone who wants some.

Hi evenstararwn2!

I'm afraid I havn't figured out My Favorites either. It used to be just a place to bookmark your favorite threads or forums. I havn't tried it on the new boards yet.

Some threads are "sticky" in order to stay at the top all the time so they are easier to see. Only the Mods and Admin can post stickies.

Yes, both of those emoticons are for shock. The blue one is from the old board and the yellow one is from the new. The Admins added back the blue one since some people liked that one better than the "lemur" one.

I hope that helped you! Thank you for the cake. :D

-Weird Auntie Squiddy
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby evenstararwn2 » Fri May 14, 2004 7:49 pm

Thanks Weird Auntie Squiddy, that helped.
evenstararwn2
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Anthriel » Fri May 14, 2004 8:50 pm

I'm so glad Aunt Squiddy dropped by, she has so many more answers than I do! I've never tried the my favorites function, so it's all new to me :), but I do know that my buddies is not functioning correctly. All growing pains, I'm sure... I wish that patience were a virtue of mine!

Hey, did someone say chocolate cake? :)

evenstararwn2- why don't you join us in the conversation thread... and bring some of that cake? :) (What kind of frosting is that, anyway? Hard to see from here... chocolate?) Oooo, yeh! :D
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby fascination_street » Sat May 15, 2004 7:28 am

i havent been here in so long, but hey to all the n00bies :) (im still one myself)

anyway, i have a new-board question if anyone can help. I CANT USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ANYMORE!!!! i know the thread exists. ive seen if before. but whatever i type in it only gives me results that are recently posted on threads and that dont even have the title of what i searched in them. eg i searched almost the exact name of the thread, for all posts in 1 year, in the specific forum...nothing. had to go thru pages to find it.

what am i doing wrong?!?
fascination_street
Ranger of the North

Postby Mighty_Squid » Sat May 15, 2004 8:30 am

It's not you fascination_street, it's the new software. The Admins are aware of the problem. I know Jon is hoping to do a lot of work this weekend so hopefully this will be fixed.

:)

-Weird Aunt Squiddy
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby fascination_street » Sun May 16, 2004 6:40 am

thanks aunty squid :) its good to know im not THAT computer illeterate.

i have another question though. my last two posts went longer screen wise so you have to scroll over. how do i fix that, and prevent it from happening again?
fascination_street
Ranger of the North

Postby Mighty_Squid » Mon May 17, 2004 2:01 pm

fascination_street wrote:thanks aunty squid :) its good to know im not THAT computer illeterate.

i have another question though. my last two posts went longer screen wise so you have to scroll over. how do i fix that, and prevent it from happening again?

Were you quoting someone? Sometimes the quotes stretch pages. The only thing you can do is make sure you hit return a few times when you see that.

-W.A.S.
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRingPrincess » Wed May 19, 2004 10:39 am

Hello evenstararwn2!! and Squiddy!!! *huggles*

I dont suppose anyone knows a cure for peeling skin. . . its yucky because I had sunburn now it turned into this. Now fun. :(

~Ring
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby evenstararwn2 » Wed May 19, 2004 2:05 pm

Theringprincess, try aloe vera gel, it has worked wonders for me. I found that the gel didn't sting as much as some aloe vera lotions. I hope you find relief
evenstararwn2
Citizen of Imladris

Postby TheRingPrincess » Thu May 20, 2004 5:09 pm

evenstararwn2, thanx a lot. I tried it and it is working pretty well. Almost gone. ;) Drop by at Stormy's Chat Thread some time. Love to see you there.

Anth, I knew you had kids and you had mentioned your nine year old further up, but I think you had said something about a girl too... am I just completely off my rocker?? :P

**Huggles and Icing**
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Anthriel » Fri May 21, 2004 10:23 am

Well, I'm not sure about guaranteeing that you're on your rocker, :D , but you're right! I have a 9 year old son, and an 8 year old daughter. They're not even a year apart! (That's supposed to be hard to do, by the way... hey, I love a challenge!)

evenstararwn2, what WILL it take to get you over to the conversation thread?! :x Do I have to bust out Anth's Special Cookies for you? :D Seriously, you seem like you would be fun to chat with. Stormy's people are all so very nice... I, as a n00bie myself, can tell you that it was such a relief to be able to chat with "family" folk as you ease your way into more ... ummmm... CHALLENGING groups. Okay, end of sales pitch... for now!
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Farawen » Sat May 29, 2004 1:39 pm

Anthriel, you should make a career out of that. After reading your post, I immediately ran to the Convo thread. :shock:
Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby fascination_street » Mon May 31, 2004 11:41 am

Suenote, unfortunately Stormy has been absent from the boards for a few weeks now, (he was in the middle of changing jobs), but don't worry, I'm sure he will add you as soon as he gets back. :) (And hopefully that's soon, there have been many people asking about him in the last few days.)

You should drop by Stormy's convo thread in the Bird and the Baby forum and talk to the rest of Stormy's gang sometime. :)
fascination_street
Ranger of the North

Postby Selmar » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:18 pm

Hey everyone just dropping in. How's it going?

Well, see you later. :P
Selmar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Anthriel » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:48 pm

Hi Selmar!

It's great that you chose to visit us as one of your first stops in TORC! We are Stormy's group, and we would enjoy meeting you and getting to know you. Stormy himself has been pretty busy in real life lately, so we don't see as much of him as we'd like. But please visit the rest of the family in the conversation thread, and jump right in!

Stormy's Conversation Thread
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Hey

Postby Selmar » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:20 pm

It's nice to meet you too. I've been quite busy latley. I'm sorry I couldn't see stormcrow also :cry:
Selmar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby TheRingPrincess » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:19 pm

(sigh) Agian the Newbies run away from me. :P

**Begins to clean up the house: changes light bulbs, dusts the tables, vacumes the rugs, sweeps the floor, puts in new flowers, restocks the pantry, and places some brownies on the table for the new-comers.**

(everything sparkles) ;) Yes I know you love me!:D
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Anthriel » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:22 pm

*Anth follows after Ring, smudging shiny tables, spilling popcorn on the clean carpet, sniffing the flowers, eating all the food from the pantry, hey, what's THAT... *

Hey, Ring, how about some of those brownies for those of us who aren't quite so new? :P
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Rinon » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:00 pm

Hello StormyDaddy and all new adoptees, which there's probably a lot of since I was here last. I'm just making sure you knoww Im still alive :wink: Im in a nostalgic mood today and I just remembered the time when I got adopted and the first chat thread was brand new. It was in a light RP style and we were all getting drunk of virtual rum. Ahh those were the ggood old times :D o yeah, and Ring I emailed you back
Rinon
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRingPrincess » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:34 am

Rin! :D :D :D :D Ooo your back home. . . for how long?? **runs, tackles, and huggles**

O and I will go check my mail right now. ;)
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Rinon » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:18 pm

ok good! Umm Now that Im thinking about my last post might of sounded IDK, a little kind of exclusive, talking about stuff that happened almost 6 months ago... maybe Im just being paranoid. But anyway hello to everyone in the house, if you dont know me than introduce yourself please!!1 And hi to Elsha and Northwood Elf and Gayal and all the other brothers and sisters whom I can remember. Ahh you see, I had this aversion to TORC, something keeping me away, but now I can fel it oumoing through my veins, that desire for the shiny horse shield which would look so good next to the diamond, yeah Im obsessed withthe little post count pictures.... O yeah and Ring, go back to the Council of Teenies!!!!!
Rinon
Ranger of the North

Postby Farawen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:32 pm

I'm actually afraid to come in here because I believe there's a possibility that my sig pic might scare n00bs away. :oops: Ahem. Don't be scared, everyone here is cute and cuddly, really. :)

Hey there, Rin!
Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby fascination_street » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:50 pm

Hi Rinon, nice to meet you. :) I've been here for about 3 months, so we wouldn't have met before.

Farawen, the sig pic is a little frightening...but perfect for "evil month." I think enough people still have kittens and puppies to make the n00bs happy.
fascination_street
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRingPrincess » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:02 pm

**sigh** I am not sure if I am cut out for the Teens Guild. . . no one likes me there. Annywho I will try and give you a call Monday so have a phone with you from 4 til 10 or so. ;)

Luv the family.

PS- Farawen, I think oyur sig pic is cute. . . my little 3 year old cousin thought it was adorable and started to giggle. :P Children.
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic