Stormy's House Revisited

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby specialk2ca » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:47 pm

*pops in to scare the newbies*
specialk2ca
Rider of the Mark

Postby Anthriel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:35 pm

Run! Run like the wind!

:D
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Griffon64 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:01 pm

Anth - the Borg Queen was played by another South African actress ( Alice Krige ) way before Charlize Theron became well-known ;)

Anyway *stands tall between specialk2ca and possibly frightened newbies* :D
Griffon64
Mariner

Postby Anthriel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:00 pm

Yes! Very good, Griff! If you hurry to the evil thread, you can claim your prize!

For those of you who may not know what the "evil thread" is, just click on the link in my signature, and buckle in tight... it's a wild ride! :)
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby elfshadow » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:44 pm

Anth, NO!!! You can't direct them to the ~~EVIL~~ thread! It's full of....*gasp*...m00bies!!!! *Faints in terror* :D

Hi Rin! Saw you over in the Convo thread, but it's good to have you over here as well! Yes, I remember our little Caribbean escape....whew, I was VERY new when that little RP was there! Sadly, many of our friends from long times past have moved on, away from TORC :( . Like I haven't seen NFElf or Gayal in quite a while, and Ellie left long ago, and even Jilly stopped visiting TORC much.... :cry: .

Where have all the n00bies gone? We need more minions!!! Er...new posters, yes, that's it.

And hi Selmar and Suenote!!! And Fascy and Squiddy and Far-out-a-wen and Anth and Spesh and Ring and Evenstar and Grif and all the wonderful people whom we love :D :D !!
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Farawen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:11 am

Stormy needs to return.

Soon. :(
Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby Zahira » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:37 pm

Have room for another in here? :)

-Zahira
Zahira
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Anthriel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:22 pm

Always!

Welcome to Stormy's group, Zahira! Stormy himself has been much absent lately, but the rest of the family is here to help you with any questions we can answer. (As a newbie myself, I'm not the best with the answers, but I have learned who to ask!:))

Please join us over at the conversation thread here, and meet the rest of the family. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRingPrincess » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:28 pm

You know I am either last or second to welcome the newbies. *sigh* Life is so hard.

**Hugs Zahira** Welcome welcome. I hope to see you in the convo thread. :) Consider yourseld apart of the family we can answer any questions you might have.
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby elfshadow » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Anthriel wrote:As a newbie myself, I'm not the best with the answers, but I have learned who to ask!:)

Anth, who is this all-knowing person and where can I find them? I want to ask them a few questions myself.... :P It had better not be anyone who's ever posted in the Evil Minions thread :D !

Sigh...how come I check in here every day for a week and no one posts, then I leave it alone for two days and I've nearly missed another new person :roll: .

In any case, welcome to the house, Zahira! Anth has already directed you to the Conversation thread, so please, do join us over there! It isn't too scary...Glad to have you with us! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask any of us, we know a fair bit about the site, kind of :D .
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Zahira » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:32 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :D I can't think of any questions at the moment, but I did look over any of the welcome/informational posts I could find in the Welcome forum.

I think I'll head over to that conversation thread right now :)

-Zahira
Zahira
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Farawen » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:27 am

Hi Zahira, and welcome!

If you need help decorating your room, just let us know. Pizza is in the oven. :)

Anth, I would really like to know whom you ask. Having some questions on my own here, ya know.

Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby Anthriel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:00 pm

Farawen wrote:Anth, I would really like to know whom you ask. Having some questions on my own here, ya know.

Oh, no... it was YOU I was referring to, my precioussss! :)
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Farawen » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:18 am

Ah. Got it.

:oops:

:)
Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladyofboxclocks » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:10 pm

New siblings! Sweet!

Welcome, welcome! I already greeted Selmar at the convo thread, and nice to meet you Zahira! Pop in over there too!

Non-new siblings: You guys make me look like a fool when I sit in front of the computer and start laughing randomly(to the outside person it would seem random) about your funny posts. Cheers! LOL! ;)

Boxy[]
Ladyofboxclocks
Rider of the Mark

Postby TheRingPrincess » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:34 pm

Hmm, no new family memebers latley.

**Nibble on a cookie and watches the door.**

I am not sure if I can remember the scent of newbies lingering in the air. . . *sigh*
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Ilyda » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Hmm, no new family memebers latley.
:lol:

Well, Stormy (or whoever's in charge now), may I join your house? RingPrincess, sounds like a new family member to me!

I swear, this has to be the geekiest thing I've ever done in my life! I've made fun of people so BAD for their D&D obssessions, and now here I am...in a place where RP is the norm, which seems only a hop, skip, and a jump away from those RPGs I despise.

What's wrong with me? Or maybe everything's going right, for once?
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby Anthriel » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:24 pm

Ilyda- welcome to our family!!!1

Okay, repeat after me...

I am not a geek.
Enjoying LOTR to the point of obsession is not geeky.
Spending excessive time on message boards about LOTR is not geeky.
Even if it were, geeks are okay.
No matter how geeky I feel today, I can get on TORC and find people who have spent more time than I have thinking about/researching/writing poetry/creating art concerning LOTR.
Geeks are good.
I am a geek, I enjoy being a geek, and I embrace my geekiness!
Geeks rule!

<sorry... I digress... :)>

As I'm sure you've already picked up on, we haven't really seen Stormy all that much lately. Apparently he got a new job, and it's keeping him pretty busy! The good news is that there is always room for a new family member, and you can join us in the conversation thread hereto meet us all, and maybe to ask Farawen any questions you might have. :wink: :)

See you there!

~Anth~

Edited to change the address of our convo thread to the new one started by oldtoby. The older one got to its limit of posts, and we won't be able to post there anymore!
Last edited by Anthriel on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladyofboxclocks » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:16 pm

Ilyda, you are so funny! You come here to tell the people on a LotR messageboard how geeky you feel for becoming like us! :D Lol! Thank you, I think that just made my day! Welcome to the family!

I am not a geek.
Enjoying LOTR to the point of obsession is not geeky.
Spending excessive time on message boards about LOTR is not geeky.
Even if it were, geeks are okay.
No matter how geeky I feel today, I can get on TORC and find people who have spent more time than I have thinking about/researching/writing poetry/creating art concerning LOTR.
Geeks are good.
I am a geek, I enjoy being a geek, and I embrace my geekiness!
Geeks rule!

Amen! That should become our new motto! *Rushes to change her title* :D

Boxy[]

Edited to change this smiley: :lol: I really don't like it.
Ladyofboxclocks
Rider of the Mark

Postby Farawen » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:49 pm

Hi Ilyda! Welcome. :)

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you though, RP is not really "the norm" here. There are a lot of RPers on TORC, true, but there are also lots and lots of TORCers who never venture into the RP forums.

But we're still geeks, of course. :D
Farawen
Ranger of the North

Postby Anthriel » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:08 pm

Speak for yourself.

Anthriel
Ranger of the North

Postby TheRingPrincess » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:59 pm

Why am I always last to greet the newbies??! Do you people feed off of my misfortune!? :roll: :P

Hi Ilyda! *Huggles* You better be at Stormy's Convo soon . . . he isnt around but your one of us now. Or will be corupted soon enough. :D The link is next to my sig piccy. ;)
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladyofboxclocks » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:32 pm

Of course we feed off your misfortune, Ring! What else do we have to look forward too? ;) :P

Boxy
Ladyofboxclocks
Rider of the Mark

Postby TheRingPrincess » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:20 pm

I thought everyone looked forward to my huggles. . .
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladyofboxclocks » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:59 pm

I'm just teasing, hon. Of course we all look forward to your huggles when we see you. ;)
Ladyofboxclocks
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ilyda » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:20 pm

Don't worry, Ring, I think your huggles are very cute. OK...

NEWBIE HAS A QUESTION!!!!

Fine, so I have two, but whats the difference?
First of all, can anyone recommend a current RP thread that would be good for me to just read and watch? Something with strong charas and a good plot that avoids the standard fare. I've already been through Hue's RP 101 and 102, as well as a thread by Wandering but not Lost on chara development.
Second, (and I know this has nothing to do with the other question) does anyone have any idea when the White Council Awards will be, or if they still exist? (which I think they do, right?)

Thanks alot!

(Also, thanks so much to everyone for the warm welcome!)
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby evenstararwn2 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:01 pm

Don't worry Ring, you're not the last to welcome all newbies. Speaking of which...

Hi Ilyda!!!!!!! Welcome to Stormy's family. *Brownies and milk in the kitchen for you to enjoy*

I am sorry, I do not have any answers to your questions. As I am still a newbie, and a very non-creative newbie, at that, I have not ventured into any role playing threads.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us!
evenstararwn2
Citizen of Imladris

Postby TheRingPrincess » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:43 pm

Thanx guys. :P Dont worry I know you were just teasing. There just wants a *looks dumbly shocked* smiley. :roll: :D

Ilyda, Quest which is in the Prancing Pony has just started. . . im joining it. I was in another RP but it kind of died. :roll: Hopefully I wont have the same luck this time. Character Archives are fun to flip through too. ;)

I am afriad I cannot answer your second question, how newbieish of me. :oops: Still dont have enough years under my belt to know.
TheRingPrincess
Ranger of the North

Postby Farawen » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:11 am

Ilyda, I can't help you on the RP front, but as you see, Ring is the one to turn to for that. :)

Your second question I can answer, however.

Yes, the White Council Awards still exist (I haven't heard otherwise yet), and they are held in July or early August. Here's the link to last year's Awards: *click*

Hope that helped.

Hi all! :)
Farawen
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic