Elwen and Satch's gingerbread house of n00bly love: teh sequel!!1

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

clarifying

Postby hobbitbychoice » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:03 am

I guess I meant alliance instead of house name!!

HBC:)
hobbitbychoice
Petitioner to the Council

Postby $mAug_dRagYn » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:16 am

Hiya HBC and welcome to TORC :D

To change your alliance, go to My Settings. You'll find lots of alliance choices there :wink: ..and emoticons can be found on the left hand side of the posting box. Just click on the one you want to use :D Any other questions, feel free to ask:)

..Haha I should start charging El and Satch for this.. :P
$mAug_dRagYn
Ranger of the North

Postby satch » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:44 am

:shock: :( I have been replaced. *Sigh*

;) Hiya HBC :) Welcome to TORC and to the Gingerbread house :D. If you check out the first couple of posts in this thread, it explains some basic things on the site, and any other questions - as Smaug said :roll: - feel free to ask.
satch
Mariner

Postby elrin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:12 am

hi hbc, i'm elrin, welcome to torc

oh boy smaug replacing satch scary thought no offense :shock:
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:28 am

I personally think it's a wonderful idea. I never really liked Satch to begin with.

Okay so I'm really not supposed to be here, I'm meant to be working. But I was over two pages behind, so I caught up quickly and would like to drop by and say hello to all the n00bs, and I hope Satch and Smaug and everybody are taking good care of you. But then again since I know everybody, I'm not sure them taking care of you will help anything at all.

Alright, I'll admit it. I haven't been to TORC in over two weeks now. Swimming, work, swimming, work, swimming, and more work...but since I'm Elwen, I can handle everything!!1 Well almost...I still haven't managed to IM my coach and tell him I can't make it to the meet today. But I can handle everything else.

Elnew update that nobody but Smaug really cares about: I will be free after this Monday, although I have to work two nights a week at the pool and a few hours every day at a family friend's house for the whole summer. And of course I have practice every night, and I'm finally getting off my arse and going to driving school, so that'll be every weekend and random days in the week when I can leave swimming early or feel like I can miss that day. So to recap, I'll be able to talk to you about once a week, morning your time. Until then, just pretend we had a great conversation, discussing the origin of macadamia nuts and how that relates to the evolution of the catfish.

Once again welcome to the newbies...from what I've read you seem to be fitting in quite well. I'm really sorry I haven't been here lately, but when I get the time I promise I'll stop by for more than 10 minutes.

*waves to motorwife while tying Tooks's shoelaces in a knot*

And Satch, congrats, exams are almost over :)
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby motorwife » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:56 am

*waves back at Elwen and waves at HBC*

Hey....my 12 year old son is on a school sponsored five day trip to Washington DC. I hear it's hot and muggy over there but he called last night and says he loves the "awesome" weather and he's having a great time !

I can't believe I let him travel all the way across the country without me. He's just a baby ! I think he's enjoying being 3000 miles away from his parents and he's old enough to appreciate the historical significance of everything he's seeing.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby elrin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:29 pm

motorwife 12, really isn't a baby, but yeah i could imagine my mom wouldn't let me go that far when i was twelve she'd worry herself sick. i'd love to go to the capitol. it'd be awesome

aww elwen hope you have fun. i wish i had something to do other than sit around gets boring

does anybody know what guys like. my boyfriends birthday is on monday i don't have a clue what to give him he asked me i can't give him that um okay wow we've been to gether 6 months thats a record i'm usually single by now
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:50 pm

It's getting pretty humid along the whole coast I think Motorwife. Intresting that he liked the weather. Did you hear anything he liked about the city and history? :P

And unless he's done US history, I don't know if he'd really make the most of what he saw. I went to Kyoto when I was 14 or 15 and saw lots of stuff...and I just found it all incredibly boring and didn't really care. Then I learned a lot of Japanese history as a freshman in high school...and that's when it started to mean something to me. I wish I had gone to Japan after learning about it.

I certainly don't think I could appreciate much in DC, even though I know a fair amount of US history. Right now the place I really want to go because of history is Scotland. But that's a long story :P.

That, and I love Scottish accents ;)

Yeah yeah I know I'm supposed to be working. Pfffft!

Elrin, did you try asking him what he wants? If not, then I can't help you :P
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby elrin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:14 pm

i just hope there was some ac

elwen i asked him i'm not going to say this is a family site, okay um i thought maybe i could take him to see a movie but we're both low on cash. why are guys so hard to shop for gilrs are easy anything cute colorful and smells nice
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby motorwife » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:50 pm

elrin....how old is he going to be?

And Elwen...even though he's only 12, he's a History Channel and Discovery Channel addict. His favorite is medieval history but he's also really interested in World War II. He was very impressed with the WWII memorial. They also went to Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. They were supposed to have a tour of the White House this morning. Very hard to get tours there I hear. He's due to call home pretty soon so I'll get to find out how he liked that.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby elrin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:32 pm

motorwife we're both under 18. thats the problem if he was really little i just get him some matchbox cars or whatever. its a real milestone though

wow i'm a anciet history addict .i love egypt, especially the pharohs and mummies. i got an A in mummification, very interesting some things i just don't want to know. i mostly watch stuff on hauntings. i know i'm crazy but its cool. the travel channel very very interesting. my favorite haunted house whinchester mystery house, very odd house. i want it. think they'll sell it to me
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby hobbitbychoice » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:12 am

:D Well, I will try to get the names right.
Motorwife-I lived in DC for a while. It is beautiful and really easy to get around there. The subway is pretty self explanatory and everything you might want to see is on one route or the other. We also took a choir of 13-18 year olds from church and they all got into the trip. One of the most awesome places was Arlington Cemetery, because you go by all of the statues of Iwo Jima, and such. The tomb of the unknown is also a thrill, because of the soldier who stands (or marches) duty there 24-7. Change of guard is cool, too.
I hope he also goes to the national cathedral. :o

We took our girls to Williamsburg a few summers ago and they loved the visit to Jamestown and to the replica's of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Marie. Those are small boats to go all the way across the ocean.

Anyway, Elwen :?: I wish I was swimming as much as you are. What is your age if you don't mind. I am 53 and when we were young, we went nearly every day though we didn't swim on teams. My girls only like to sunbathe, with 10 to 15 minutes of swimming thrown in.

Thanks for the warm welcome :!: :!: :roll: I like it now that I can use the emoticons. I was trying to drag them.

Elrin, I like to make coupon cards and staple them together. You put things on it like, ONE Free Back Rub, FIVE free butterfly kisses, ONE Free Car Wash, I will watch ONE sports program of your choice without an argument , One free night out with the guys with no pouting or argument, or, This Coupon is good for the CD of your choice. (If you might have some money to spend later). Hope that helps. :idea:

Satch, Hope your exams went well :!: , what is your major :?:

Well later------Hobbitbychoice is gone.
hobbitbychoice

My settings

Postby hobbitbychoice » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:22 am

8) Smaug, when I push my settings or my info, it says no user found and then when I try to log in(which I have done already) it throws me to the welcome page. :? Do I have to become a paying member to have settings?

Thanks, Hobbitbychoice
hobbitbychoice

Postby $mAug_dRagYn » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:54 am

Hehe I like how you make the funky coloured fonts for our names HBC :D ..Hmm..Alliances *are* under My Settings..the homepage on TORC has a different log in system now. You used to be able to just log in on the homepage and go straight to the messageboards, but when the boards changed there's now a separate log in for the messageboards. Eh I don't think that made much sense :P ..Anyhoo..are you logged in on the messageboards when you try to change it? Or just logged in on the homepage? Odd if it didn't work. You don't need to have Premiere Membership to have access to settings..All PM covers is the My Buddies system and a sig basically..speaking of which I'll be changing mine sooon..no more pickle llama! :shock:

Haha Elrin I'm sure he'd be pleased with a matchbox car :wink: ..I'm content with a My Little Pony =:) It's so puuuuurty! XD

Aww Saaatch! *unreplaces*..and El! :nono: Haha..no no..>.>..wow a blue car!..Noooo! Stop talking to myself! After Monday? That's..what, Tuesday morning? :shock: "Tuesday reminds me of starfishes." Tuesday is also the day I have double art with the hippie woman who burns incense to hide her illegalicities! Yay! New word! Why are catfish called catfish anyhoo? oO They don't look like cats..although they have those little whiskery things! ^^ *wonders what it would be like to pull them* AXOLOTLE!.. Sc00tland! [don't ask me what axolotles have to do with Scotland oO] Buy me some bagpipes if you ever go=:)

Random question: Are there magpies in England and America?
$mAug_dRagYn
Ranger of the North

Postby Valandil_Eluchi » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:25 am

I can answer that in part: yes, there are magpies in England, and a lot of them....

sorry, just thought i'd pop in!

*pops back out*

Vala :D
Valandil_Eluchi
Ranger of the North

Postby satch » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:40 am

Sorry, just in a rush but to answer your question HBC (Or as well as I can :roll:), you could you not log in on the main http://www.tolkienonline.com page?? Because you need to be logged into both to access your settings etc from the messageboards.

Anyway, gotta pack so if I have time I'll drop in a post later :).
satch
Mariner

Postby elrin » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:53 am

smaug lmao i'd get in trouble if i got him my little pony.

hbc, i already owe him a big hug and kiss, so i'd be even more in debt. hmm, well i could get him some candy cause he's a sweet guy. grr, i don't know what he likes he won't tell me.
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby Sawen » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:36 am

wow i'm a anciet history addict .

Hey... I probably qualify for that too. I want to have a degree in Ancient civilisations. :D

Sawen
Sawen
Rider of the Mark

Postby elrin » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:48 am

sawen, any type of civilization. i'm not a history buff, but i usually get an A. ancient history is really interesting. i wanted to be an egyptologist (don't think i spelled that right) i wanted to find an ancient tomb. but now i'm going to ba a vet tech. i get to take care of furry little animals (oh goody)

i have an idea on what to get him. i was thinking a match box car of his favorite type and color oddly enbough we like the same type, mustangs and i was gonna say i bought him a car, lol i think he'd get a kick out of it. it was my mom's idea. she's just evil.
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:23 am

Hi, all.

Peter wanted to come over and visit you. :)

...cough...
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby TheFlamingMullet » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:54 pm

NO NO! Not the PAN :Q
I've always had a creepy feeling about that tighted...thing, eternal youth is creepy too, except when it's vampires. Then it's intriguing, alluring and yummy =:)

I'm never able to go online anymore because the one computer I have free acess to shuts itself down every seven minutes or so. Now it's not even turing on. :cry: I had to beg a family member acesss to this computer since they keep it locked up.

Yo ho hello there to Sawen and Hobbitbychoice.
Sawen, I envy your having kin here. I've been trying to get my sister to join so that we can talk to each other and look all cool and social.

HBC: I bow to your obviously advanced knowledge of how to make these stupid font thingy's work :D

Elrin: Boys are the worst to shop for. The ones I know won't ask for the things they want, they just go buy them. So I end up giving food or a dumb card. Arrrrg :P That mummy stuff sounds really interesting, are you maybe going to study it more in college?

Motorwife: Oregon feels like an ant under a heat lamp, how is it down there in Sunny California?

Hi to everyone else, I wish I had more time and neurons :D

(P.s.) PLease pardon any evil grammatics. I had no acess to the spell checker.
TheFlamingMullet
Shield Bearer

Postby motorwife » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:01 pm

Hey Mullet ! It's sunny here. As always. Wave to my inlaws in Salem, will ya?

Smaug..yes there are magpies in America, too. Even some in California.

Tooks ! I LOVE that guy ! He's a total freak ! I've checked out his website a couple of times but not recently. Has he found his own special Tinkerbell yet?

My son is suppposed to be on an airplane from Washington DC right this very minute but their flight is delayed due to thunderstorms. I'm trying awful hard not to panic. Looks like they will miss their connecting flight also. Don't know what will happen now.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Sawen » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:21 am

sawen, any type of civilization. i'm not a history buff, but i usually get an A. ancient history is really interesting. i wanted to be an egyptologist (don't think i spelled that right) i wanted to find an ancient tomb. but now i'm going to ba a vet tech. i get to take care of furry little animals (oh goody)

Vet sounds fun but I'm not keen on animals... I prefer things that aren't likely to bite me. And most tombs and artifacts don't bite. :D I tend to be a bit of a history buff... I read too much and absorb facts very quickly. :D

Sawen, I envy your having kin here. I've been trying to get my sister to join so that we can talk to each other and look all cool and social.

You obviously haven't met my sister. Try the movies forum... Looking all cool and social would never happen. :)

Sawen
Sawen
Rider of the Mark

Postby hobbitbychoice » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:32 am

:( Satch and Smaug I have tried to log into the tolkienonline page and it tells me the username is not recognized or some such. Anyway, I guess it isn't that important. Thanks for trying to help.

Motorwife hope your son got home without problems.

Have a great weekend all. I will probably be too busy to log on til Sunday night. Don't forget to be good to your Father's this fathersday weekend. :!:

Hobbitbychoice :P
hobbitbychoice

Postby Edhelwen » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:53 am

O YES! Peter is here and he is wet! :shock:

W00TW00t!!! :D :D

Just dropping in to say hello. The m00bie f0rum needs new bl00d so be sure to go by there.

Ed.
Edhelwen
Ranger of the North

Postby motorwife » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:07 am

So now it's the next day and my son is STILL not home from Washington DC. Their plane was delayed so long from the gigantic thunderstorm that they missed their connecting flight in Atlanta. All 25 of them had to spend the night in Atlanta and are flying home today. It's so frustrating to sit here and not be able to do anything about it !
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby elrin » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:15 am

motorwife, he's probally fine. i'd be having the time of my life. though when i got home would be a different story.

mullet, i might study a little more. don't know though, sounds really interesting. for a time i wanted to go into paleotolgy, you know digging up dead dinos, but i don't know if i want to work in the steamy hot sun. hey, i'd get to see places
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby satch » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:42 am

Wow sorry guys, kinda abandoned you there :oops:... Went to Holland, came back from Holland, did my last exam, still making excuses... ;):P

Motorwife, your son get home ok?

HBC, take a look in The One Ring Forum and have a spy around if there's any threads about not being able to get into your settings, and if not start up a new one and someone could help you out.

And my exams went well thanks :) but I don't have a major as of yet.

Elrin, what did you get for your boyfriend in the end btw??

...Oh Eru we haven't lost the =:) smiley as well have we!?! :shock: The trauma...

Erm yeah, sorry I don't really have a lot to say right now, so I hope you're all good. And it's nearly the weekend ;).
satch
Mariner

Postby motorwife » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:49 am

satch....I love your Randy Constan photo !! Are you applying to be his Tinkerbell?

And yes.....son got home OK. And he says he liked the heat and humidity. He thinks the weather in Southern California is boring.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby elrin » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:23 am

motorwife, i'm glad your son got home okay. ohio weather is boring. its been storming off and on lately.

satch i ended up getting him a yellow truck with some kind of design on it. and a green jag. they were little collectible cars. he loved them, who knew. :shock: i also got him a bag of his favorite candy which we both ate. isn't he nice to share

okay now i've seen everything on the top of the scren is shoot the evil chef and get a free bbq, lol
elrin
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic