Elwen and Satch's gingerbread house of n00bly love: teh sequel!!1

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby Mighty_Squid » Fri May 14, 2004 11:35 am

Tookish_Traveler wrote:Hey!! I just noticed that I'm not on the list of Friends in the first post of this thread. :x :x :x :x

Maybe I should think twice about emailing a pic of Viggo in bed to you people!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ha Ha!

:P
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri May 14, 2004 11:41 am

….. glares at Squiddy………..

I will try again, Satchie.
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Fri May 14, 2004 5:08 pm

I didn't get it either, Tooks. *glares*

Mullet, new houses suX0rz, because something always goes wrong :P. Hopefully your problems won't cost you thousands and make you go through freezing winters without heat. Satch can also vouch for me...that is not a fun expierience. Especially if you lose your hot water as well ;)

Motorwife, I'll try to drop in every once in awhile so I can continue to steal your candy. Not that I've stolen it before, of course.

Satch, don't worry I'll do it. Elnew r0x0rz wif da hmtL!!!11

EDIT: Nevermind, Satcharse did it all anyways. I see you figured it out my precious. *cue standing ovation while a tear silently falls down Elwen's cheek*. What a proud moment for me :)
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby satch and elwen » Fri May 14, 2004 5:18 pm

NOTE TO SATCH: I fixed the HTML in the second post...that I could see. If you have time check over it to make sure nothing's missing. I think I have everything, but I'm not positive. Thanks for adding the smilies, by the way.

Ooooh lookie! Satcharse nad teh elnew have 10 posts!!1 w00t!!1

(yeah, that pretty sword we got would be why I didn't tell this to Satch over email. It's an emotional thing, darnit!!1)

luv u all, lyk, pese owt!
elnew
satch and elwen
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri May 14, 2004 6:07 pm

Okay, I tried resending the pic to Elwen and FM. Satchie did get hers, so maybe it will work this time. ??? :?:
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby TheFlamingMullet » Fri May 14, 2004 8:28 pm

I got my Viggo!!! Mmm, he looks so happy in bed =:)
Thank you Tooks! (Can I call you that? Do I have to pass a test first? I can wiggle my nose like a rabbit. Does that count?)

Who is satch and elwen? Must be big fans of you guys :wink: Ha ha, they only have 10 posts right now and I have more. (Getting to be an old dragon around here takes a long time :cry: )

Elwen: Sounds like your house problems were worse than mine. For now I'm just sticking bowls under the sinks to catch the water :roll:
TheFlamingMullet
Shield Bearer

Postby motorwife » Fri May 14, 2004 8:50 pm

House problems?! You wanna hear about house problems?!?!

The fiberglass shower floor in our master bathroom was cracked and leaking water underneath. So my husband and his buddy decide that instead of just slapping some fiberglass patch on it, they would instead gut the entire master bathroom and put in a whirlpool tub, new sinks and travertine tile on the walls, shower and floor.

So...........they ripped out the ENTIRE master bathroom down to the studs. They said it would take a couple of months to finish.

This was a year ago. I'm still staring at bare studs and plywood and tromping down the hall to use the kids bathroom.

Don't ever allow my husband to come to your house and fix anything.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Sat May 15, 2004 8:23 am

Motorwife, threaten him! Tell him you won't make dinner until he finishes it...or whatever else he can't live without. Er...or something.

Mullet, is it the pipes that are leaking? We had that problem in our basement (name a problem and we had it ;)), and we went to Home Depot and bought these styrofoam-ish pipe liner things (sorry I can't be specific...they just absorbed a lot of water and it's almost like a tube with a slit in it, so you can open it up and put it around the pipe)...and we put them on the ceiling. Then again, in the basement we don't have a real ceiling, you can see all the pipes. If that's the case, I don't really know what to do.

But our air conditioner did leak in Hong Kong, and we did the bucket thing until we got somebody to fix it. Oh right, and the deck roof on the 2nd floor leaked into my parent's little corridor area (the master bedroom is very odd :P), so we had to shovel all the snow off and spend a couple thousand dollars to have the roof redone. :roll:

Wow...that took awhile to write, and I don't think I said anything of importance. w00t!!1. In any case, if I were you I would call somebody to get help. Unless the sound of the water dripping doesn't bother you...but I doubt you want to live with the sound for your whole life ;)
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby TheFlamingMullet » Sat May 15, 2004 10:36 am

motorwife: It sounds like your husband needs to join the IRA (Incomplete Remodelers Anonymous) :D In the mean time, with this nice summer weather, you can pitch a tent=:)

At any rate, my dripping sink sounds pretty tame now. The leak is right under the faucet anyway so it shouldn't be to bad of a fix. But I'll keep the styrofoam things in mind Elwen. It sounds like they could double as pool floats. So if my basement flooded I could float to safety on the pipe liners...heh, if I had a basement :roll:

10 days until ROTK wOOt wOOt!!! (Even though I don't consider it the
real version :wink: I've been wanting to steal the display add from Wal-Mart for a week now. It's right by the doors. I could just grab it and run. Or maybe arrange a getaway car of some sort, like an El Camino or a Gremlin. Something inconspicuous.
TheFlamingMullet
Shield Bearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 15, 2004 12:39 pm

You all can call me Tooks, Flaming Mullet.
:)

Even though Satch usually calls me other stuff...... ;)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Sun May 16, 2004 11:22 am

Satch calls you other things? Damn, if she's having another affair...

Mullet, they are kind of like pool toys. You can always build a basement and flood it, if you don't have a pool :P

Anybody out there that isn't going to bother buying the ROTK TE? Or am I the only crazee one?
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby elrin » Sun May 16, 2004 11:26 am

house problems i've had my share. the waterheaters not giving a lot of hot water and my door was falling apart. too many temper tanturms have to watch that. its fixed though

yeah i'm gonna get the rotk dvd hopefully. troy's out in theaters. i can't see it. darn that brad pitt he had to have a full body shot. bet his wife liked that. from what i heard you can see everything. too bad it wasn't orli bloom (silent drooling) :twisted:

(dodges flying paper wads from friend sitting next to me) shes still mad. i told her that the lotr merchandise would be worth more if one of the stars would suddenly croak. i just happened to mention orlando bloom. my boyfriend found it interesting. i keeping my eye on him
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby motorwife » Sun May 16, 2004 5:16 pm

Brad is totally nekkid in Troy?! I'll probably have to go see it now.

And oh my gosh I HAVE to buy ROTK TE the first day it's out or my kids will just FREAK. They've been waiting for weeks !
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby $mAug_dRagYn » Sun May 16, 2004 10:54 pm

Keke yea Brad is totally nekkid...but they make use of blankets to hide his manlyness oO

Eric Bana is sock rocky! *much heart for him* And Orli..send Will Turner back a few thousand years and there you have Paris :P He doesn't change much with his roles..

But I liked Secret Window better :wink: The randomness..Oo

Meh. I'm sadful. Stupid boppery judgingness...

I shall join your crazeeness El..I'm not buying it either. I'm so disappointed with myself though. I only saw it twice. TWICE! That hardly made up for the 8 TTT viewings :(
$mAug_dRagYn
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon May 17, 2004 6:20 am

eLwEnaReDhEl wrote:Anybody out there that isn't going to bother buying the ROTK TE? Or am I the only crazee one?

Not me. Nope. I'm waiting for the EE.

I will rent the TE. :)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Mon May 17, 2004 11:51 am

Yep, twice for me as well...but *gasp*...yeah, I didn't like it very much...so that would explain why, and why I'm waiting for the EE :P

Damn whoever got my hopes up for a nekkid Brad! To paraphrase Tooks from long ago (who copied somebody else :P), we don't need to stinkin blankets. Brad Pitt is pretty in this movie!!!

Motorwife, if not for the kids would you buy it? I say you should get it two days late. Make them suffer.

Yes, I love children. Why do you ask?
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby TreeMos » Mon May 17, 2004 12:15 pm

Everything is so scawry and confusing! Help me!!1 :P

Plus I hear you have gingerbread... or was I mislead? (please excuse the completely unintentional mini-poem)

I also have a plan not to buy the ROTK TE DVD. Yet I know, in a week or so, I'll mysteriously find myself at Target with just such a DVD in hand. Compelled by some strange force to walk over to a cashier with it and fork over the cash needed to take it home with me. This very thing has happened to me the last two Augusts. And geeky habbits die hard.
TreeMos
Rider of the Mark

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Mon May 17, 2004 1:04 pm

You only get the gingerbread if we like you.
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby TreeMos » Mon May 17, 2004 1:09 pm

*Munch Munch* Hmmm! Thanks Satch! That gingerbread was delicious!

Elwen: :P
TreeMos
Rider of the Mark

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Mon May 17, 2004 1:11 pm

Since when did Satch like you?

*pulls Satch away from forest where she is avidly shooting environmentalists with her rifle*
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

Postby elrin » Mon May 17, 2004 1:42 pm

satch lol leave the poor enviromentalists alone

(grabs cunck of gingerbread) tree can i call you that try it with a little icing and m&ms

darn those blankets i heard orli gets a love scene sigh why couldn't it of been him instead. i envy the girl
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby TreeMos » Mon May 17, 2004 2:27 pm

elrin wrote:(grabs cunck of gingerbread) tree can i call you that try it with a little icing and m&ms

Tree? Yeah, I can live with that nickname. All the sugar in your gingerbread recipe might kill me though :P
TreeMos
Rider of the Mark

Miss you, does anyone miss me?

Postby Wynken21 » Mon May 17, 2004 6:31 pm

This has changed alot since last time I was on. I had to close out my premire membership. I don't have a computer anymore so I have to get on my brothers when i can.
My boyfriend and I split up about a month ago. I live with my brother now. I feel pretty...lost. I miss TORC. Alot of new people on here in the ol gingerbread house.
I have a new job, new house, new life, new start and it is all very freakin scary :shock:
I hope to a computer soon, becasue LOTR and TORC are my favorite things and as I read back I realize I wasn't around long enough to make that big of an effect on people, but you guys did make an effect on me. Finding people that are just as obsessed with LOTR as I is great. To all the new adoptees hello, my name is Wynken. Welcome and maybe I will get to know you better if I can ever get on the computer.
Elwen, Satch, elrin, Motorwife, Mullet, $smaug, I miss you guys. Hope everything is going well in your lives. If I missed anyone I am sorry it has been a long time. Well bye for now I will try to write agian soon. Think of me okay. I need some love :(
Wynken21
Ranger of the North

Postby motorwife » Mon May 17, 2004 10:41 pm

WYNKEN !!!! Get back here ! We miss you, too ! Congratulations on all the changes in your life. I think you did the right thing and once you get over the scary part, you'll see that.

Elwen...yes I would still buy it. I can't help it. I NEED IT. It'll tide me over until the EE comes out around Christmas.
I also keep buying the action figures. I pretend they're for my son but I'd buy them even if he didn't like them so much.

Hi TreeMos. Just go buy the darn thing ! Be proud of it ! Hold your branches high!
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue May 18, 2004 3:40 am

TreeMos!!! No! Don't do it!

You must resist!!!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby satch » Tue May 18, 2004 3:46 am

On a totally random subject, just because it popped into my head... Did any of you ever play the RoTK game on Gamecube or wherever else it was?? Well, when you kill the dead (not sure why... or even how... but you do) they make a really satisfying pop with loads of smoke etc, and it's just pleasant to kill them (Lol don't I sounds like a psycho :P)... but everyone else it's not so good.

Anddddd, if they made a Van Helsing game, methinks they should have the vampire bebes die in the same kind of way, because really... w00h00!!1

Anyways just thought I should get that down 'cause it'll be forgotten by tomorrow.

Heya Wyn :) Good to see you back here again. Take care darlin :) it'll become less scary :P:D.

eLwEnaReDhEl wrote:*pulls Satch away from forest where she is avidly shooting environmentalists with her rifle*

LOL!

*stuffs an orange in Tooks' mouth to silence her*

Do it TreeMos... resisting is baaaad..... dooooo ittttt.... =:)
satch
Mariner

Postby TreeMos » Tue May 18, 2004 7:50 am

Satch, I've played it on my PC. They do die rather spectacularly, though I'm withholding judgment on the psycho issue till I know a little more :P

Considering I had completely forgotten about the imminent release of the DVD until yesterday when this thread reminded me, I'd say my chances are resisting are better then usual. But why resist? This is ROTK after all! My favorite of the 3. And though this may be sacriligious around here, sometimes I just don't have the patience to watch the longer versions. Plus the shorter versions are better for lending to un-LOTR-schooled friends who would be intimidated by the long versions.

Wynken, welcome back! :idea: Hey, maybe a good stalking would get you back into the swing of things. Elwen has been stalking me ever since the Phoot but lately her homework load has increased and there has been a noticeable drop in stalk production. So having 2 part-time stalkers might just do the trick :)
TreeMos
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue May 18, 2004 9:33 am

...spits seeds from uneaten orange at Satch....
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby motorwife » Tue May 18, 2004 10:39 am

GACK !!! Watch where you spit those seeds, Tooks !

*wipes slimey seeds off face*

I played ROTK on PS2 with my 12 year old. He said he NEEDED me so he could play co-op whatever that means. All I had to do was sit there and press X or the occasional triangle so it wasn't too hard. I killed lots of stuff !
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby eLwEnaReDhEl » Tue May 18, 2004 11:47 am

motorwife wrote:GACK !!! Watch where you spit those seeds, Tooks !

See? Nobody wants spawns of oranges around!!!

Damn emus :roll:

And while I'm damning things, I'd like to damn the new HTML symbol for that smiley up there. Very stupid, if you ask me. I like the old B^ better.

Oh, and damn the fact that I'm swimming an event at my meet today that isn't even a real event, and I'm still horrible at it anyways. Pffft!

Oh, and damn the carpenter ant that was running on my keyboard when I got up here. My keyboard has germs :( *takes Satch's shirt and rubs it on keyboard*. Thanks. And for clarification, that was either just a shirt of hers, or I pulled her over. I did not take her shirt OFF, despite what she may tell you.

Wynken precious, new starts...well yeah, they can be scary. But you'll undoubtably get into the swing of things soon and be very happy :). Come back whenever possible, we miss you!

TreeMos, maybe the homework is just an excuse, and I've come up with somebody better to stalk? :P
eLwEnaReDhEl
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic