Evenstar's Emporium - Ready for Locking!

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

OK, I must be doing something wrong...

Postby Elowyn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:38 pm

I click on "My Settings". This takes me to a screen where I am to "Confirm my login" or become a member. So I click on "confirm," and this takes me to the forum Index. Then, I again click on "My Settings," and it starts all over again. I have not seen a button called "login." I just keep going around in circles! :? :)
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Elowyn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:06 pm

I think I've got it afterall! Yea!!
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby tar_ancalime » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:30 pm

Glad you figured it out Elowyn :) I'm Cali by the way :D

Mossy, another reason for dislike of torners is that they seem a bit self-righteous, at least from the one example I've seen, demanding that they have a special private viewing of ROTK and then sending hate mail when they didn't get it. Of course that's stereotyping, I'm just reporting what I heard, not passing judgement. And I always thought it had to do with us having been the one ring . com and they are now the one ring . net .
tar_ancalime
Ranger of the North

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:19 pm

Wow, Cali. I can understand why that would make you all dislike tor.n-ers. And I thought that the whole name thing might have something to do with it....to be honest, I was really scared of them all for a while. You all are so much more friendly and welcoming... I still love TOR.n, just, for different reasons. Yeah. That's all. :roll:

Oh, I almost forgot.... Welcome, Elowyn! I'm Eo, or Mossy, another e-sis.

Now we've got...three Éowyns. Oh dear.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyn37 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:39 pm

Eowyn number 1, reporting for duty! (Yes, I AM Eowyn number 1, because I think I registered before you. Pbbbbt! :P! ;) )

Hello all you lovely little newbies! I'm Wyny! You really should come over to our chat thread.

I would add something to the lovely conversations you had WHILE I WAS GONE (shame shame!) but...yes. That was a while ago.

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby sugaplum » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:50 am

How come I never got a nickname??
sugaplum
Mariner

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:40 am

Well, if you didn't I'll give you one right now!

We shall call you "Plummy"! :D:D:D
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Elowyn » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:31 am

I will proudly take my place as Eowyn (Elowyn) number 3. Hello, new e-sis..es!
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby tar_ancalime » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:00 am

Mossy, really? we're friendly :P ? I guess depends on our general mood :P and how strict the mods are... just kidding, of course we're friendly! :)

Wyny, you'll always be our first latrene... I mean Eowyn :P.

I was going to say Nummy or Yummy for Suga's nickname... but , Lady G beat me to it. They're much more creative than Lady G's :P .

Elowyn, how would youlike to be called lolly? :D
tar_ancalime
Ranger of the North

Postby sugaplum » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:40 am

Lady_G, thanks for the nickname :)

and tar, you can call me whatever you like...within reason :P
sugaplum
Mariner

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:11 pm

tar_ancalime wrote:Mossy, really? we're friendly :P ? I guess depends on our general mood :P and how strict the mods are... just kidding, of course we're friendly! :)

Yes, of course you're friendly! Actually, I was a bit overwhelmed at first by how friendly you all were. The mods, however, are just scary. Yep. Very, very scary.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:42 pm

Mossy, just never make the mistake of telling them they're not as scary as other mods. That's a bad move.

Trust me. I know.

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:52 pm

Um, I wasn't planning on it...

Now, how do you know this? o.ô
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby tar_ancalime » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm

Mossy, experience is the best teacher :P , or is that time... but time kills its students... okay, experience is the best teacher that has a slightly less certainity of killing you. :D :P

Mods are like a police force, they used to be ordinary people at one time, then they joined the force and hide out to catch you speeding, but when they do, they usually just give warning unless it's a repeated offence :P (offence, offense, offence, offense.... mooooooooommmyyyyy!!!! which one? :P )

Nummy Yummy Plummy, please don't call me tar, tis rat spelled backwards you know. Anything besides that, ie Annytar,Cali, Anca, TA, Tay, Calime, Ancalime etc :D

Methinks since it is not in my siggy anymore, I will put in the two strike rule, call me tar, strike one, call me tar again strike two, you're out for a day trip with Timmy.
tar_ancalime
Ranger of the North

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:34 pm

Heh, alright. So what experience taught you that it's a bad idea to tell a mod that they aren't as scary as the other mods?
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:48 pm

Indeed.

Another important rule- don't tell a mod on IM that you plan to spam up TORC, they'll get a bigger mod on your case.

Another one learned by experience.

;);)

But I still love all the mods, even though they can give a you a heart attack at times.
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Elowyn » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:37 pm

:) I will keep that in mind!
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:42 pm

Why, why do you lot like antagonizing Mods? I'd be too nervous to even e-mail them...although, Daefaroth is the only one who's downright hide-under-the-bed-don't-even-post-in-a-thread-with-them scary. The rest are more of an awe filled scary-ness....
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyn37 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:49 pm

When you think about it, mods are just normal people. They've just been elevated to god-like status. Well, maybe not as high as Ted and Jon, but still. :D

I'm not scared of them, but I don't email them since I don't know their addresses and just plain don't know them very well. Except, one I want to email because I have some un-TORC-related questions for her. But I can't remember her name. Argh.

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby blademaster12 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:29 pm

Ah it is I who posted in here once and then forgot about it. Thinking about it though, I've been a member for a couple months and my sister is a member (Elwin_Halfelven), so I don't really feel like I need adopting anymore. What do you think? Am I still a major newbie?
blademaster12
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:48 am

blademaster...yeah, I'm still a n00b, even...but not as n00bie. I know my way around quite as well as anyone else. :):););) But yes, you're still a major n00b...

havn't we all ready adopted you? If so, you don't have to post in here...really,go to our chat thread...

http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=78399

That one is for talking...this thread is basically for questions related to the site and to adopt n00bies. :):)

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby blademaster12 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:54 pm

Well, I suppose I'll just go be a major noobie someplace interesting then.
blademaster12
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elowyn » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:12 am

Hey! Why isn't my name on the list of adoptees? :wink:
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eowyn37 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:35 pm

Well, now that you mention it, I'm sure our e-mom will fix the list as soon as she can.

She lost the entire first post a few weeks ago (or...I dunno how long ago it was) when they redid TORC. :(

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elowyn » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:29 pm

Ohhh. then I shall just wait patiently. :lol:
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:53 am

Aaaaaaaagggghhhhhhh!!! :x

I have been gone for so looooooong! I missed you all terribly! :(

When my brother came to visit he installed Microsoft XP on our computer (we had ME) and we lost part of our internet files and the internet service people said they would send us a new disk for the internet and it never came (this was about 2 weeks ago by the way) so my mom called them two days ago and they said they'd send a disk so we'll see what happens. Right now we're using NetZero but that's only 10 free hours per month and there's four of us living here :roll:

Anyhoo...I don't have to time to update right now, my time is very limited but I wanted you all to know that I didn't die! :P

*big, big, BIG huggles*

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Desecrator » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:09 pm

Yeah, I'm new here. Just signed up, and I'm lookin' to get adopted. What do you think *E*?
Desecrator
Petitioner to the Council

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:02 pm

Hiya, Desecretor! Welcome to TORC! :D

If you're looking for *E*, you've come to the wrong thread. You can find *E* here. That's Imi/Evie/EOI/other nicknames that I can't think of right now. And she's simply smashing! :D

If you decide to stay... welcome to the family! And even if you don't, welcome to TORC, have fun, and all that good stuff.

Lastly, guys...what's the Adoption Attic? :? I thought they'd have an anouncement to explain, but now I'm confused...

Cheers!
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
oxxx(::::::::::::::::::>
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:21 pm

Adoption Attic: this is where they're storing the locked adoption threads so that they don't clutter up this forum but that they're still around for referencing and what not :)

Welcome Desecrator! :) Eo is right, I'm not *E*, I'm just plain ol' Eve - but we'd love it if you'd stick around - welcome to TORC! :D

Evenstar_of_Imladris

P.S. Welcome Elowyn, I'm adding you to the list right now - welcome! :D *huggles*
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Desecrator » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:37 am

Oh my, terribly sorry. N00b mistake. :roll:
Desecrator
Petitioner to the Council

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic