Evenstar's Emporium - Ready for Locking!

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:01 pm

No prob, Des :):)

I'll call you Desi. After Desi Arnez (sp?) :);):)

SO!! Desi, you like TORC? Good.

I'm Pippy, your e-sis. Everyone may appear insane in this thread- but I'm actually the insane one...compared to them. To me- they're all completely sane...minus Cali, the other half of my brain.

ANYWAYS!

I would give you a glomp or two, or a push off of Caradhras or Rauros...but...Stargate is on, and this little hobbit lass loves Stargate. Especially new episodes.

thus!!!

BYE!

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:17 pm

Um, Pippy....sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't think he's staying here.... :|
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:46 pm

It's okay if he doesn't stay here, *E* is a great adopter :) And he's still allowed to visit!

Just a quick announcement - I got the old adoptees list back, birthdays and everything! Since the Adoption Attic forum was opened I was able to retrieve the list from the old thread :D

w00t!

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Ty

Postby Hobityla » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:47 am

aiya, melleth-nin, im so very sorry i haven't been here (the joy of slow e-mail, ai!) neways, ty 4 accepting me, altho i dont really no wat 2 do...
Hobityla
Petitioner to the Council

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:21 am

Hallo, Hobityla! Welcome back.

No one else seems to have said anything yet, so....

Just so you know, netspeak, ie 4 for "for" or 2 for "to", u for "you," etc, really isn't highly regarded here, and others probably won't be as nice about it. It's okay if you can't spell very well, we're very understanding about that. :) Just type give it your best go, and you'll be fine.

As for where to start, you might join us over in the chat thread. There's probably a link somewhere on this page which I'm too lazy to find right now... Or you can just start looking around the site, lurking if you like, or dive in. Have fun!

Cheers
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
oxxx(::::::::::::::::::>
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:31 pm

Welcome back Hobityla! :)

Just to add on to what was said - a lot of the posters here don't speak English as their first language and don't understand netspeak at all.

And please do drop by the chat thread - we'd love to see you around more often :D

*huggles*

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Lomiothiel » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:02 am

Hail and well met to all! My name is Lomiothiel (sometimes known as Lomi, for short) and would love to be adopted. Although I've been apart of some boards before, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the vastness of TORC! :) I enjoy silliness, huggles and a bit of glomping as well, so from the looks of it, I am in the right place! :D I look forward to getting to know all of you a bit more!
Lomiothiel

Postby Eowyn37 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:29 am

Hi Lomi! Welcome to TORC. I'm your e-sis Wyny, and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here. I'm guessing TORC is intimidating for most n00bs, I know it was for me! After a while you get the hang of it. :D

So, you like silliness, huggles and glomping? *plots* We can handle that...

If you want to get to know us, by all means stop by our chat thread! It's Talk...I need to go see what's been going on there, so I'll get the link and post it! (If you're impatient, I think Imi has it in the first post too...)

Ha! Here it is! Chat Thread! Of course, that is just the first page. You can read the whole thread if you like, but it would take a while...or you can just skip to the last page. We're currently having a party for LadyG, so you can jump in right there if you want to. ;)

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:26 am

Welcome to TORC Lomi! :)

Seeing as you like silliness, glomping, and most importantly, huggles, it seems to me as if you're in the right place! Pull up a chair, ask some questions, get to know the kids, do whatever you want :)

And please do join us in the chat thread, we'd love to have you!

Welcome once again!

*huggles*

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:40 pm

Welcome, Lomi!! :D

I'm Eo/Mossy/Maiden/Motsy, your e-sis as well. It's been said twice, but anything worth saying is worth repeating.... come join us in the chat thread! Cheers, and have fun exploring TORC!

MaidenOfTheShieldarm
oxxx(::::::::::::::::::>
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby WillowWetherford » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:23 am

Sorry I haven't been on in a while..I have been busy...what has been going on..^_^ :horse:
WillowWetherford
Shield Bearer

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:07 pm

WElcome to the new adoptees!

I'm your big e-sis, LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:20 pm

(side note: LadyG - e-mail me ASAP :D )

Ahem, back to your regularly scheduled adoption thread ;)

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Thank you

Postby Hobityla » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:30 am

thanks for telling me about the net speak by the way, im just so used to it that i never realised that you dont use it in every internet site. i feel quite embarrassed... ive scanned the page but i cant find the link you were talking about... ill try again...

thanks and goodbye, Hobityla
Hobityla

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:30 am

There's no need to feel embarassed Hobityla :) You are most certainly not the first person at TORC ot use netspeak :P

It seems to me that a certain adoptee of mine used to hint at netspeak once in awhile when she was still a newbie (*cough* LadyG *cough* ;) ) and look at how splendidly she has turned out :D

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

hi

Postby Hobityla » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:36 am

hi thanks for replying. i dont know if you're all on your summer holidays right now (i am because i live in Glasgow!) but i hope you enjoy them if you're on them or if they're yet to come.
Hobityla

Postby Dragonman04 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:13 am

I know this has been said already but welcome Hobityla. I'm your sort of big e-bro Dragonman. I'm not much more experienced than you, and I know how hard getting started can be. Haven't been here in a while and thought I would drop in and welcome the newest adoptee. If you are still having trouble finding the link to the chat thread here it is:

http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtop ... 99&start=0

Welcome to the e-family.
Dragonman04
Shield Bearer

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:12 pm

Hobityla, you're in Glasgow?! Yes! Someone in the same timezone! I'm in St. Andrew's right now. So technically, I'm on summer vacation, but I'm actually taking a summer study course programme thingy right now.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:21 am

Evie, what are you trying to imply, hmm??? ;) :D

Welcome to TORC, Hobityla! I'm the eldest e-kid here, your big e-sis. You can call me LadyG. Excellent to have you with us!

Enjoy your stay!
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

hey

Postby Hobityla » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:15 am

everyone is so kind here! glad to know that you are in my timezone too! its really good to know that I have brothers and sisters here because I am an only child...
Hobityla

Postby Lomiothiel » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:12 am

::waves Hello to all her new e-brothers and e-sisters and her new e-mommy::

Thanks everyone! I shall head over to the Chat to get to know everyone as soon as my slow dial-up connection will allow me ;).

((((Hugs to all)))))
Lomiothiel

Postby Dragonman04 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:17 pm

This is perhaps the most newbie question ever posted, but do you have to have a PM to get those sweet signatures at the bottom of your posts?
Dragonman04
Shield Bearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:45 pm

Don't worry Lomi, I think all of us have had to deal with slow dial-up at one time or another, I know I have :roll:

We'll be looking forward to getting to know you better :)

LadyG - I'm not sure if we're on the same page, but I think you know what I'm getting at ;)

Dragon - yep, you have to have a PM to get the "sweet" signatures at the bottom of your posts ;) Mine has expired already, but seems to be hanging around still. It's really frustrating though because since it's expired I can't make changes to it and a lot of the stuff in my sig is outdated :lol:

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:53 pm

EEEEEEEE!!! I CAN CHANGE MY SIGS NOW!!!!!! EEEEE!!!!!!

WEEEE!!!!!! *is incredibly excited* Too bad it's about to expire, anyways....heh.

All well...:):)

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyn37 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:05 pm

As soon as I'm a big girl and can freely use my money to buy what I choose, (this is assuming I have money, of course!) the first thing I am going to do is to buy a PM.

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elowyn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:32 pm

That's what I say! LOL Oh, wait, I am a big girl!
Elowyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby balrogthane » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:28 pm

Hiya Evenstar! EE directed me here... I think she may have been giving me a subtle hint. :P Will you adopt me? Make sure that I don't stay out too late at night, and all that? :)

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:49 pm

Hey there balrogthane :)

May we call you BT?

Well, whether you actually need help or not, we're glad to have you here - always nice to see new faces :)

I think most of the folks recognize you from the TORC Teens guild, but in case they don't know you, feel free to tell us a bit about yourself.

You know what's really funny? I was just reading your AIM profile and then I came here and saw your post - weirdness! My screen name's BeckelaSquish if you ever want to chat (that goes for the rest of you ;) ).

However....'tis 3 in the am and I have to get up at 8 - off to bed I go! :D

*huggles*

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Introducing... ME! :D

Postby balrogthane » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:12 am

I'm too tired to try to be original, so I'm going to go to my post in Welcome! and simply copy the majority of it. I could just give y'all the link to it... or just tell you it's there and assume that if you really care you'll go look... but I won't be that much of a loser. :P

In Welcome!, I wrote:Well, I'm a young Christian guy with an interesting history of encounters with Tolkien (I assume this is what Welcome threads are for, bear with me): I first saw the cartoon of The Hobbit and was turned off on Tolkien for several years. Finally my mom made me read the book, and I liked it; she then made me read LotR (even though she had never read it! ) and I thought it was dead boring, other than the fighting parts.

I read it again a year later and found it was pretty good, there was a lot I had missed (well, duh...). Then I found the Silmarillion and looooooved it-- that set me on track. I finally understood what Middle-Earth was all about.

Well, then I tried to get my family interested in it. Father had read it, didn't want to again; mother had gotten to the Cracks of Doom, then noticed that a good centimeter of the book remained, so she had tossed it (I informed her of the appendices ); sister thought it was silly; and little bro was too young.

So I cruised on for a few years, being a nerd with a couple of nerd friends at church, and then my parents bought me one of those books of Tolkien art, Howe, Lee, etc. My sister and brother finally looked at it one day and thought it looked really cool, sister read the books, and we had two nerds in the family! Then we heard of the upcoming movie; another fellow at church downloaded a few of the earliest trailers and circulated them on CD. Our whole family saw them, and even my mom thought it looked cool. Then we went to see Fellowship... and are now the biggest Tolkien-geek family in the South!

I joined TORC while I was in France. It was really boring there, and I wanted a link to something in the States, so I chose Tolkien Online!

And that's pretty much it. Very glad to be here!

Also, our entire family dressed up to go see TTT. Daddy as Gandalf the White, sister as Legolas (hey, we ran out of female canon characters!), brother as Sam, and Mommy as Eowyn-- although she worked so hard to get all our costumes ready she didn't have one by midnight. :| Another family went with us, also dressed up, including Gimli, Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Arwen, and Galadriel (that's where the other two female roles went ;) ).

For RotK, we went as the same, only bigger and better: retooled costumes, more props, better acting, and Mommy had a costume! :) :) :)

Just realized I forgot to say who I was. I went as Boromir. Mommy fixed me the whole tunic and undershirt/skirt thing, and I built a shield and horn; Daddy made some aluminum Lorien brooches, Mommy sewed the Elven cloaks, and we were all the envy of everyone else in the theater. :D

"Look at those girls! They ROCK!"-- actual statement from another moviegoer upon seeing my sister and her friend, Legolas and Arwen.

Course, not all the moviegoers were so bright...

"What are you here to see?"-- actual statement from someone in the lobby, upon seeing Daddy in full Gandalf costume, complete with white beard and staff. Daddy's response? "Guess."

I have awesome parents. :D

-(----

EDITED to say: Yes, call me BT. ;) It makes everything so much easier.

-(----
balrogthane
Ringbearer

Re: Introducing... ME! :D

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:28 am

balrogthane wrote:I have awesome parents. :D

Ahem, fascinating biography - much more than mine :P

I wasn't going to reply tonight, but I read the above copied quote and thought it said "I have awesome pants." I did mention in my last post that it's time for me to go to bed, correct? ;)

btw - BT, you might want to check out the Followers of Eru guild in Alliances and Guilds if you haven't already - amazing Christian fellowship and I certainly don't visit as often as I should, but still a great guild all the same :)

Evenstar_of_Imladris

P.S. Where about in the South do you live?
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic