Evenstar's Emporium - Ready for Locking!

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby blademaster12 » Sat May 22, 2004 6:20 pm

Hey, I've been mostly hanging around Tom's house until now. I just heard about this place and decided to give it a try. Adopt me!!!
blademaster12
Rider of the Mark

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Sat May 22, 2004 7:32 pm

Welcome to TORC Scatha_The_Worm and blademaster12! :D

Can we call you Scatha and blade for short? :)

I'd be happy to adopt the both of you. Take a look at the links I have provided for you in the first post, they're all important :)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me or any of the kids and we'll help you out.

And if you wouldn't mind posting your birthday (just the month and the day please ;) ) I would appreciate it. We like to celebrate around here! :D

Welcome once again and happy posting! :D

*huggles*

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Scatha_The_Worm » Sat May 22, 2004 7:43 pm

Great!

Scatha is fine, btw. Or Wormy. :wink: And my birthday is on August 12. :)

Glad to be a part of the family, Evenstar!

~Scatha
=:) =:) =:) =:)
Scatha_The_Worm
Petitioner to the Council

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Sat May 22, 2004 8:28 pm

:D Welcome to la familia, Scatha and blade! :D

I'm your e-sis, I guess. You can call me Mossy or Eo or Maiden...well, just pick a nickname.

Cheers!
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Last edited by MaidenOfTheShieldarm on Sun May 23, 2004 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sat May 22, 2004 10:45 pm

Wecome to the family, Blade and Scatha!

I'm your big e-sis. You can call me LadyG, though I'm sometimes calle "The Mouth of Evenstar" because I'm in charge while mummy is away! (Woooo! Power in my hands.... =:))

8ahem*

Well, I hope you have fun with us!

LadyG

PS> Evie happy one month to you and the bf! *huggles*
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sun May 23, 2004 9:32 am

*Everything goes silent in the adoption house...the wind ceases to blow and the people stop talking...then...all of a sudden, a small hobbitish form jumps from behind the couch and glomps the two new members*

Hallo, all! I'm Pippy, one of the hobbit kids, here.

Well, a tall hobbit, really, but don't tell my mind that, it doesn't know I'm not a hobbit.

Well, since I glomped you, I don't think it's necsessary to push you over Caradhras...but I'll do it anyways, it's your welcoming ceremony :lol: :lol: :twisted: :roll:

*meets you down at the bottom, after throwing self down after you and huggles you both* see!! It wasn't that bad! it's fun!

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sun May 23, 2004 9:33 am

how embarresing...I'm setting a bad example of nasty double posts...please for give me :(:)

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyn37 » Sun May 23, 2004 6:15 pm

While Scatha and Blade are putting themselves together again, (grateful to have escaped alive) a littler hobbit than Pip comes running in and tackles them.

Hi! I'm your e-sis Wyny! I'm one of the other hobbits. :D

Shorter than Pip, who hardly can pass as...never mind. :roll:

Come to our Chat Thread! It's in Talk. I know Scatha has already found it. *pats Scatha on head* nice little Scatha.

Ah...welcome to our family! :D

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Tue May 25, 2004 8:13 am

Thanks LadyG :)

Unfortunately I'm not so sure now if he can come visit this week because of all of the storms we've been having - hopefully it'll clear up enough soon!

August 12th, eh? That's two days after my brother's birthday :)

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Rushlight » Wed May 26, 2004 3:21 pm

I here was a good place to ask a question since it is titled "All Things Newbie"... What is the unspoken rule about the Alliance icons? Can I learn about those Alliances somewhere and their differences so I know which one I want to join or do I just pick an icon that I thinks looks pretty near my screename?

Yes, I have branded myself but I hope that is safe to do here!
Rushlight
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu May 27, 2004 2:05 pm

Welcome to the Emporium, Rushlight!

In response to your question about which "banner or flag alliance" to choose, just choose the one you like best. For example, if you love the land of Rohan, you can choose to fly the Rohan banner, or if you prefer Gondor, then you can either choose the Numenore or Stweards banner. Remember you banner (the one above your name) can always be changed. Suggestion: It is a nice refresher course, to research the peoples and places of Middle Earth, and make your choice based on that.

As for joining certain alliances and/or guilds, here is some information for you

"Alliance and Guild REFERENCE LIST - See them all!" in the "Welcome Forum".
and
The "LIST of Alliances, Guilds & Groups" in the "The Peoples of Middle-earth:Alliances and Guilds Forum"

both courtesy of EntwifeLost.

In both links you will find helpful information and a comprehensive list of the large variety of fun groups Alliances/Guilds) you can join. A Guild, Alliance and/or League can be defined as follows...

All are a gathering of members who have a common interest. All Guilds, Alliances and/or Leagues have a particular "theme". The theme defines the interests of the gathering and is usually denoted in the "title/name" of the Guild, Alliance and/or League.

The easiest way to find out what the particular theme is, in addition to the "title", and I highly recommend this course, is to read thru some of the messages within the respective Guild, Alliance and/or League. Especially the first ones and the last ones.

The main thing is to "look before your leap" and to keep in mind that in some of the "established Guilds, Alliances and/or Leagues", the members may take offence to a "random" unrelated post by someone who they are not familiar with. Some of the Guilds, Alliances and/or Leagues are rather cliquish, while others are very receptive of new posters.

Once again, the best advice I can give is to do a little research by reading the beginning and ending messages prior to just jumping in there. Get a "feel" for the thread before you jump in head first. You are most likely to have a more pleasant experience in the Guilds, Alliances and/or Leagues if you do.

I hope this helps you!

Enjoy your stay in TORC!

LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu May 27, 2004 8:19 pm

Welcome Rushlight :)

It looks like LadyG has done a very thorough job of explaining banners and alliances - thank you dear!

I hope you find a banner that best suits you (I'm digging the House of Hador banner you're sporting right now :) ).

Enjoy the site and happy posting! :D

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu May 27, 2004 8:57 pm

Evie After a LONG time, I have a question.

Well, two actually!

Now that I have PM (YES! I ACTUALLY have PM NOW!!! :D:D:D), how exactly do I go about making up my sig?

Secondly... have the banners been moved from "My settings?" I seem to be having lots of trouble finding it, unless it's in such an obvious place that I am missing it?

LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Hiya

Postby Hobityla » Fri May 28, 2004 7:49 am

Hi there my name is Hobityla and I was wondering if I could be adopted please?
Hobityla
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Fri May 28, 2004 10:46 am

Hobityla I would love to adopt you :)

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here and I, or one of the kids will answer it the best they can - welcome to TORC! :D

LadyG - Well, to make my sig I just typed everything in the way I wanted it to appear. I put spaces between lines where I wanted them. Everything is done the same way you do a regular posts, linking, smilies, everything. Have fun making your sig - I loved doing mine! :)

I clicked on "My Settings" and I was able to find the banners and whatnot - hmmm...

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Fri May 28, 2004 11:37 am

Welcome to TORC, Hobityla!

I can't find the place to change my alliance either. :? I guess I'm stuck as "default (female)" forever.
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Fri May 28, 2004 7:47 pm

Evie I THOUGHT that WAS it, but when I go to my settings page, there is only 1) the Sig Pic selection thing, 2) the My Bio box and then 3) a little box for choosing the Newsletter or not.

And that's all. The page ends. None of the rest of the Settings options are there--alliances, viewing options, color and text options, and no signature text box options.

SO I don't know what to do now....

Waaaahhhhhhh!!! WHY did this have to happen when I finally get PM???

*sniff*

oh, Welcome Hobitlya. Hope you enjoy your stay on TORC!

LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sat May 29, 2004 2:58 am

My siggy works!! My siggy works!!

Did you see that Evie???

:D:D:D:D

YAY me!!!

Although I DID get some help, from ddraigwen. Wonderful person! I could kiss him/her.

Off I go to have some fun with my siggy.....

LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sat May 29, 2004 7:08 pm

where did you find the place to type in the text for you sig???I can't find mine...or the alliances...or anything else. And I really need to fix that link in my sig..it's annoying the heck out of me.

Welcome to Hobityla!!!! :):) I'm your e-sis, Pippy.

Well...

Pippy...
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sat May 29, 2004 9:33 pm

Pippy, are you using WIndows and Internet Explorer? If you are then that's the reason you can't see anything.

I had to download Firefox (from Mozilla) and use that browser to be able to view the "My settings" page in full.

Go to the Mozilla website, and downlaod Firefox, and use that, and you should have no more problems!

Good luck!

LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Sun May 30, 2004 7:46 am

oohhh..yes, I'm using windows and IE...

and I'm not allowed to download anything.

Dang. I wonder if there's a way to have that fixed for us Windows/IE users.

Thank you, LadyG :):):):):):):)

pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Eowyn37 » Sun May 30, 2004 1:43 pm

Welcome Rushlight! So are you one of our adoptees? Sorry. Imi's adoptees. I'm an adoptee myself...

I used to have the default banner, until i found my lovely Shire banner. :D

-Wyny
Eowyn37
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sun May 30, 2004 2:34 pm

Awww, Pippy! I am sorry taht you can't download it, because Firefox is excellent - less problems, and loads everything faster, and everything!

Ted and Jon ARE working on the problem, because quite a few people (including me!) complained about the same thing, and they thought they had fixed it, but apparently not. I don't know if there will be a solution anytime soon, unfortunately.

Oh, wait! I just remembered! What version of IE are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer v5.x, then you will definately have problems. Apparrently people usinf v6 are not having peoblems. Perhaps you can go to Windows Update in your computer, and update your IE to v6? Then it should work!

Hope this helps!
LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby MaidenOfTheShieldarm » Sun May 30, 2004 5:00 pm

Okay, this is a weird question I guess but... people seem to refer to Ted and Jon like they know them personally. Do you all actually know Ted and Jon? Or are they just entities? TPTB, that no one ever actually encounters? :?
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Sun May 30, 2004 5:57 pm

MaidenOfTheShieldarm wrote:Okay, this is a weird question I guess but... people seem to refer to Ted and Jon like they know them personally. Do you all actually know Ted and Jon? Or are they just entities? TPTB, that no one ever actually encounters? :?

I think most of the MODS know Ted and Jon personally, Eo. I don't know them in that sense, but they are the Powers That Rule of this site, they are the creators and their word is LAW. Most of the time the MODS "rule" on their behalf, but they are the ones who keep this site up and running.

Perhaps Evie can tell you more about this....
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Mon May 31, 2004 7:59 pm

Sorry for the semi-long absence (I think it was only 2 days, but it feels like forever! ;) ), I have been super busy!

Sorry you all are having these technical difficulties. I have Windows and IE, but I have version 6 and have had no trouble. As LadyG suggested I would update your IE :)

About Jon and Ted - I'm not sure how many of the mods know Jon and Ted personally - they come from all over and have most likely not met them in person, however I'm sure they do correspond frequently. Us TORCers call them Jon and Ted not only because that's what their names are, but also their screen names. I like it because it makes them a heck of a lot less intimidating than the mods ;)

Evenstar_of_Imladris
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:25 am

not all mods are scarry...at leastways when off the boards...

And Ted sure knows a bunch about cars.

and no, I know nothing.

*walks off whistling innocently*
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

???????????

Postby Galabrien » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:13 am

i am kind of scared about becoming a new member to the message board! please hlp me fit in Eve! i want to be adopted! thank you! wingardium leviosa, Galabrien
Galabrien
Shield Bearer

Postby Shieldmaiden_pippin » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:25 am

HA!! firsto ne to greet this lovely vict- er...e-sibling!!!

You don't mind if I glomp you, do you? good. *glomps Galabrien*

You don't know what glomp is, I gather...well..it's a rather excited huggle...and tackle...and...well...glomp. (and a huggle is not a regular hug, it's a big hug! thus, huggle)

I'm Pippy, one of the hobbit siblings. I pride myself in my insaneness (what torcer doesn't?) and I love new members, :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :P
I wouldn't harm a fly, don't worry, I'm not dangerous. At least...sometimes...

Imi (Eve) will be along shortly...as well as the other various vict-er, siblings of this household.

Thank you for choosing Evenstar! You'll not regret it! The service is great, Imi is a good housekeeper in our lovely torc home, and the siblings are sweet...and nice...and...well, everything! We'll get along swell!

Pippy
Shieldmaiden_pippin
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:51 pm

Welcome to the Emporium Galabrien!

I'm you big e-sis, LadyG, also known as the Mouth of Evenstar (because I am second-in-command here, and my word is LAW when mum's away! =:):D)

Don't mind Pippy, she's insane - and she's mighty proud of the fact. :D As are we all. We all share some degree of insaneness, some more than others, so if you are greeted with hugs and tackles and kisses and such, don't get scared. It's just a normal day at the Emporium. (Just cound yourself luck you didn't get thrown off Caradhras for your initiation....)

We are all very friendly people, and we love adding new vict... ummm... siblings to our wonderful family!

Why don't you join us in our chat thread, where you can talk to your hearts contenet, and get to know your new family!

If you have any questions about the messageboard, feel free to ask!

Enjoy your stay on TORC!

LadyG
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic