The Players of Bree

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby Leoba » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:35 am

LOL Ellehcim, if the moderators didn't like what Din wrote first time round, he's hardly going to be able to reiterate it for you is he. ;)

As for 5000 words. What can I say? I can get a little verbose now and then, when the mood strikes me. I think the mood might have to be forced this weekend though. Having seen Impenitent's wonderful entry post to Bree, following hot on the heels of Edain's, I am reminded yet again what stunning writers I'm honoured to play/work with. :D I hereby promise that I will sit down by this weekend at the latest and get RPing again. :oops::)

Willow, a memory lost, huh. Join the club with Leoba. You know, maybe since the Lucky Fortune is seemingly devoid of oldbies for the time being I should take a hint and shift things along a bit! Another post to add to the to-do list! :)
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:55 pm

Happy Holidays Players! I hope that the break will rejuvinate the various muses.

Apparently its been good for mine, for I just joined another RP! I'm very excited, but as there are lots of really experienced RPers in it, I'd appreciate it if one of my dear adopters could keep an eye on it and give me whatever advice I'm certain I shall need. :D

Its the Chronicles of Reist in the Green Dragon. (I'm putting a link in my sig in just a moment. :D )

Oh, and my LFI character has her memory back already. I must say I'm glad its back, but I think it happened far too quickly. :roll:

Love to all!

Willow
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby *~*myst*~* » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:23 pm

I was told to come here to get in on an RP, so... What do I do? Also, I don't really have constant access to the Net, so I wouldn't be able to write everyday. Would that be a problem? What am I saying, of course that would be a problem, but is it work-around-able?

Thanks for the link here Spirit_of_the_Willow!
*~*myst*~*
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Leoba » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:16 pm

Hi *~*myst*~* :D

Sorry for my delayed reply - I've been caught up in real life lately. ;) By which I can kind of answer your question. ;) Thereis no obligation to be online everyday in RP - they all move at different paces and the key is to find one that suits you. Some threads (like, for example, the Bards' Guild festivals or the Lusky Fortune Inn) have been known to run at a pace of several pages per day. Others can stall for months and then be kicked into action, others are steadier and go at a weekly post per person sort of a rate. The key is finding one that works for you and/or with people who understand that you can't be glued to the net every waking hour.

As for getting into a RP... I would suggest in the first instance that the Lucky Fortune is a good place to dabble your creative toes (although you may already be there and I may be making a fool of myself for having not checked first!).

Also, we have got a thread pertaining to this adoption family going in the Prancing Pony. It has been stalled for a few months thanks to outside stresses (plus, lack of a muse in some quarters doesn't help) but we have good intentions of moving effectively shortly. If you think you might be interested, do check out the links in the first post of this thread. ;)
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby EdaintheRanger » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:55 pm

Ahh I wondered if this was all still onboard, (if a little sidetracked at the moment.)

Well my muse for this RP is still alive, as is my enthusiasm for helping others get on the RP ladder.

I'll be around this thread more often in the near future.:)
EdaintheRanger
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbituk » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:44 am

Locked, with regret, at the request of Leoba
Hobbituk
Ringbearer

Previous

Return to Adoption Attic