Bloomgirl06's Adoption Thread: All Newbies Welcome!

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby oldtoby » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm

And don't listen to Old Toby - I'm no trouble at all, until I get thirsty

Ahh but thats just what someone who was trouble would say, to trick us into letting our guard down. :wink: :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby freaky_vampire_chick » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:06 pm

Ah - you saw right through my clever ploy!

Was it the pointy teeth that gave it away? Darn - I knew I should have had them trimmed back again :roll: :wink:

It's so hard to remember these things when you get up in the morning and look in the mirror and can't see anything! You should see the way I dress! When people ask, I just say I'm punk and then they roll their eyes and leave me alone :P

~Freaky~ :)
freaky_vampire_chick
Citizen of Imladris

Postby oldtoby » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:48 pm

I think it was the resemblance to Kate Beckinsdale. :P
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby freaky_vampire_chick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:01 pm

Aw rats!!!!!

You guessed my secret identity! I AM Kate Beckinsale - killing some spare time between takes by hanging out on this Tolkien site.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

:whistle:

~Freaky~ (aka KB) :P
freaky_vampire_chick
Citizen of Imladris

Postby bloomgirl06 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Well, hello children. Haven't been here in a while. School. :roll: It's getting to me. :P
So, anything new with anyone?
Not much with me...

Adieu, I guess.

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Oceanean » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:41 pm

*is in mourning* Disney purchased Pixar.

this is sad. The only thing Disney has managed to do right these last few years is to put Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp in a pirate movie.
But their animated films are in need of much work. (Brother Bear was ok, I guess. Phil Collins improved it a great deal with the score. The way they told the story though...I would have preferred a different take on it.)

....other than being in mourning about the loss of pure Pixar, I'm thinking about taking Spanish classes at one of the local colleges so I can do them at night and not interrupt regular day schedules.

....would anyone have any recommendations about practicing? I'm having a rough time of thinking of people to practice with. I know some people, but our schedules don't mesh at all.

....there's not a board/thread on TORC that helps people with learning other languages, is there? spanish, french, italian, elven languages, finnish...

OH!! I purchased an English translation of the Kalevalah a couple weeks ago! eventually I'll get far enough through my stack to read it. *is excited*

ummm...other new things. Happy Birthday to Mozart. :wink: seeing as how this is his 250th, it's not really new news though. :P
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:44 pm

Go to Spain, Oce! :D Kidding. There might be a Spanish thread in the Languages forum, but I don't really go there anymore, so I don't know for sure.

Didn't Disney and Pixar make Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monster's Inc, A Bug's Life? Those were good. I don't think it's the end of the world, Oce, but here's a :hug: anyway. :D

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Oceanean » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:36 am

Disney didn't really "make" any of those movies, but they marketed them for Pixar. A lot like they are "marketing" the Chronicles of Narnia movies for Walden. ...I'm not sure how much Disney is helping with the special effects on that movie, but Walden is doing most of it.
Interestingly enough, Disney didn't exactly make Holes all by themselves (Walden "partnered" with Disney for the film) or Because of Winn-Dixie (Walden and 20th Century Fox).

Pixar went totally solo on Monster's Inc and Finding Nemo, and I think they did on the others too. Pixar did work with Disney a little on the movie "Cars" coming out this June, but not as much as they will in the future.

is it just me, or is anyone else immensely depressed over thoughts of "Nemo 2" and "A Bug's Afterlife"? I'm not sure that Disney/Pixar can pull off what just Pixar was able to with the sequel.
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby Oceanean » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:36 am

edit: how did I manage to double-post?! eep! :shock:

thanks, Imby. :)
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:53 pm

Nemo 2?!?! No way! They're not allowed to touch that! Sometimes sequels just ruin things... :roll:

Oh, and there is a thread in languages for people that want to learn/practice Spanish, but I'm too lazy to put in the link so you can find it yourself. :D

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Elendur86 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:57 pm

Hi Imby!
Haven't been here in a while. School. :roll: It's getting to me. :P

lol, same goes for me.

Oce- hey, what do you know, I'm currently taking Spanish classes at my college. I took Spanish freshman year of high school, but promptly forgot everything I learned as I didn't speak a single word of it for the next 4 years. lol So I took Spanish 101 last semester and currently am taking 102 this semester. It's going ok, I guess.

I'll have to check out that Spanish thread you mentioned, Imby.

Hi Freaky!

Hope you all have a great week!
Elendur
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby evenstar1 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:01 pm

I am not a newbie but I wanted to say hello to all the newbies in this thread so here goes.... HELLO NEWBIES now get yourselves adopted. :)
evenstar1
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:58 pm

Hi evenstar! Thanks for your visit. :D It's been a bit slow around here with the newbies, but that's okay. I'm not expecting a whole bunch of people anymore now that the movies are all out. It was quite booming for a couple years, there, but it's slowed down considerably.

Hey Elendur! :hug: Nice to see you again. My one true newbie... :wink: Even though you're not remotely new anymore. :roll:

*hugs*

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Maybe you can go into the welcome forum and trick some noobs into being adopted. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:32 pm

Now why would I want to do that? Besides, I don't have the energy. I'm sick. :( I didn't go to school today. Just my luck, I was supposed to take three quizzes today, too. :roll:

Bleah.

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:44 pm

Aww :hug: get better soon Imby.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Lostariel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:04 pm

Hi peopleings. I must seem like such a bad newbie. I've posted...twice. *sighs* Truth is, I forgot. shame on me. I like the nickname Stari, so that's what I'll be. Thankyou Nim.
Lostariel
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Elendur86 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:30 pm

Stari- Hey, it's great to see you again! :D No, don't feel like a bad newbie. As long as you stop by every so often, post counts don't really matter. (though we would always love to have you around more :wink: )

Imby- Hi! :hug: Sorry to hear that you're feeling sick. :( Hopefully you can get better quickly.

My one true newbie... :wink:

lol Yeah, I'll always be around. I'll never leave you, Mom. :)

Hi Toby!
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby oldtoby » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi! :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Oceanean » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:07 pm

Thanks, Imby!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well...*brings homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles and spiced cider* :hug:

secretly, this should be considered a manifestation of your allergy to quizzes/tests. or not so secretly... :roll:

I never was much of a supporter of tests...standardized or otherwise. ah well...whatchagonnado?
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:18 pm

Thanks Oce! :hug: And I didn't actually realized I had that many quizzes until about 3:00, so by then it was too late anyway. :roll: I did them all today. Yippee... :P

Hi Toby! :) Thanks! :hug:

Welcome back, Stari! :D Nice to see you again.

Elendur wrote:lol Yeah, I'll always be around. I'll never leave you, Mom. :)

Ooh, that makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside. :angel:

:grouphug:

Adieu!

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Elendur86 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Imby wrote:Ooh, that makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside. :angel:

:D :hug:

Since today is Smile Day, I just wanted to send you all a smile ( :D ) and say that I hope that you all will have many things/people that will bring you smiles, today and every day. :wink:
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimhiril » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Stari ~ You're welcome, I was thinking, and Lost didn't sound like you, then... Stari! :P

Elendur ~ You're such a sweetheart! :hug: :P

Sorry I haven't been in in a while. :roll: To be honest... I forgot this thred, it was so busy with the others... :roll: How horrible am I?

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby Elendur86 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:26 pm

Hi everybody!

Nim wrote:How horrible am I?

Not that horrible at all. lol

How is life with everybody? Personally, I'm looking forward to Spring Break. I could use a week off of school. lol

Hope you all are having a good week.
Elendur
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimhiril » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:41 pm

Elendur ~ Thanks. :hug: I'm so looking forward to spring break! You have no idea! :shock: Hey, have you been over to my music thread in Eru? I think you have... If you haven't you should. It's: What's your favorite Christain music lyrics Stop in okay?

Nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:05 am

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows where Imby is... I haven't seen her in a long time. :( I see her last visited date is Feb. 5...?
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Elendur86 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Nim- Yeah, I've posted in your thread over there once. Been meaning to get back there, but I haven't been anywhere around TORC for awhile, I've been so busy. lol But yeah, I'll make sure I'll drop by first chance I get. :) And enjoy your spring break! :D

Luthy- I've been wondering the same thing. I have no idea where Imby is, she just hasn't been here...

We miss you Imby!!
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby oldtoby » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:11 am

I don't remember her saying anything about being away for a while. I imagine shes just busy with school or whatever right now.

She'll be back :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Nimhiril » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:23 pm

Luthy ~ I haven't seen her around in a while. :(

Elendur ~ :hug: I hope life slows down a little! That way we can all see you more! :P :hug: Stop in whevever you can, okay?

Toby ~ I'm sure she'll be back!

nim
Nimhiril
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 pm

And back I am!!!! Ta daa!!! :D RL caught up with me and I have been unbelievably busy! College is already too much work, and I'm not even there yet!
And it feels nice to be missed. :D :grouphug: Thank you all for worrying about me.
Luthy, I :heart: your sig! And yours as well, Nimh. Mine has gone away... Ah well, it was a gift anyway, so I guess I should just appreciate it. :)

:grouphug: again!

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic