Bloomgirl06's Adoption Thread: All Newbies Welcome!

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby Burzghash » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:59 pm

((arghhh! A light-sider!)) Actually many light-siders.... oh,well. Yep, that ball o' fur said this place was great, although you may need new furniture... I burnt it. Maybe go with some more black in here. Oh yeah.... I came to be adopted too!
Burzghash
Petitioner to the Council

Postby bloomgirl06 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:07 pm

Yay! Newbies! Oh, wait. I'm not supposed to say 'newbies'. *hides from HA*
Welcome to TORC, Bard_II and Burzghash! Of course I'll adopt you! If you don't mind the light-sided-ness, that is. Actually, I think most of the Adopters are light-sided. But, I could be wrong. :)

If you have any specific questions that need to be answered, I'll be happy to help. Oh yes, and I'll add you two to the list on the first page. Welcome!

By the by, feel free to bring in any furniture that you want! I haven't really settled in, so it's a bit sparse. :oops:

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby HobbitArchitect » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:26 pm

Imbry, I didnt say you couldnt use the WORD newbie..... its just the abbreviation, N00b. Thats whats considered netspeak. And sorry for the short post, but Im in a hurry. Welcome to Burzghash an Bard II, two of my close friends. I also recommended this place to Lord_of_the_Istari_777.
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby bloomgirl06 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:01 pm

Thank you, HA! *does happy dance for newbies*
Oh, and I'll try to refrain from using "n00b". It's kind of weird with the 0's anyway. :roll:

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby bloomgirl06 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:37 pm

*is sad* Where have all my newbies gone? :cry: My poor thread is dying...... :( :( :( :cry:

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:14 pm

Aww I'm sorry you lost all of your n00bs again Imbry.:( But you know most n00bs don't stay for more then one day so your not doing to bad. And I'm working on bringing in some more. Any that I can get a hold of and think will stay. *big huggles*

Hey if it makes you feel better you can be my permant mommy for TORC since my last one abandoned her whole family. :roll:
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:07 pm

NIM! You're back! *megahuggles*
I'll gladly be your permanent mommy. :D And thank you for your newbie-recruiting efforts. Much appreciated. 8)

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:44 pm

Its good to be back.:D No luck on the n00b recruiting yet unfortuantly.:( Though there is one in the Ladies of Lothlorien right now. We can convince her to come up here. :twisted:

Its good to have a new mommy. And one who won't abandon her family, hopefully.:P Hey have you made a convo thread in Talk yet?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:20 pm

No, I haven't started a thread in talk. Was I supposed to....? :?: :?:
I saw the arwen in the Ladies thread. I said she should come over here if she has any questions.

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:46 pm

Yeah I saw that post. I haven't seen her post after that though. Perhaps another one has dissapeared.:(

Well when you start an adoption thread its suppose to be fore questions and answers and stuff like that only. So the mods suggested to the adopters to start a conversation thread to keep the adoption thread serious and we can just basicly start off topic conversations there. So in a way you are suppose to start a convo thread.:P Not to mention Talk is one of the most popular forums posting wise and it might attract some n00bs up here. I would suggest starting one.:D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:02 pm

Sorry bout that bloom! I AM Burzghash and Bard_II. I just wanted you to feel better........ I just cant handle three Names though.
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elendur86 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:26 pm

hey, if you're looking for newbies, I'm one. :) I signed up here at TORC recently and some of the posts in the welcome board said to come here to adoption. I don't have any questions yet, but in case I do I decided to join here. (if you don't mind. lol) Like I said in my thread at welcome, I can't guarantee to post often, but that doesn't mean I have abandoned you. I would tell you if I (ever) decided to do that. Well, I've got to go, so I'll see you around.
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:00 pm

Yay! A real newbie! *glares at HA* You know, I had a sneaking suspiscion that they were you. Why would there be two newbies posting right after each other :?: Thanks for telling me, though. :roll:

Welcome, Elendur86! I'll be here if you ever do have any questions, and I'll add you to the first post (and take off Bard and Burzghash :x ). Consider yourself officially Adopted! *taps Elendur on the head* By the by, do you have a shortening of your name, or do you prefer the entire thing? Around here we like to shorten names as much as possible. :D :P

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Elendur86 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Hmmm, a shortened version of my name. It doesn't really matter. Elendur, El, I'm not sure what else you can do with it. If you think of something better, go for it! I'm not that picky.
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:43 pm

Elendur works. :D And I think I posted something in your welcome thread, but I'm not sure. (darn memory :roll: ) See you around!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby IronMorgoth » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:57 pm

Well, now you have another n00b. Can you adopt me? :D
IronMorgoth
Citizen of Imladris

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:43 pm

Welcome to TORC, IronMorgoth! Of course I'll Adopt you. :D If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to help you around and answer any questions. :)

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby IronMorgoth » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:02 pm

bloomgirl06 wrote:Welcome to TORC, IronMorgoth! Of course I'll Adopt you. :D If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to help you around and answer any questions. :)

~bloomgirl

Great!! Thanks a lot!
IronMorgoth
Citizen of Imladris

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:41 pm

IronMorgoth, Welcome to the Great Hall of the Adoption..um...person who we call Blook, Imbry,etc. and so forth. We here are glad you could join us! (for we need newbies! Badly!) Perhaps you could tell friends about this wonderful place? I hope youll enjoy your stay!
*sees Imbry glaring at him, and ducks a swing of her fist*
Well, Ive gotta go!
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:18 pm

Blook? I wasn't aware that was one of my names. :P
Anyway, IronMorgoth, would you like to tell us anything about yourself? I put most my info on the first page, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. And don't mind the hobbit. He likes to talk. A lot. And eat, too, but that's normal. :roll:
I've also added you to the first post under "Newbies." I might change that to "Adoptees" because after a while, you all won't be Newbies anymore! Well, let's hope the newbies stay around for a while. :D
See you around the boards!
By the by, I reccomend visiting the Temple of the Plushies if you want to have fun. (see link below in sig)
HA, I'm going to write your initiation eventually if you still want to join.

~Imby (or Imbry or bloom or bloomgirl or, apparently, Blook :P )
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby HobbitArchitect » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:37 pm

Sorry, I meant "Bloom"! When I type the "K" happens to be between the "O" and the "M".
Yes,precious, newbies! Let them come, preciousssss!
HobbitArchitect
Rider of the Mark

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:40 pm

Welcome little newbies!:D You've picked the right adopter! Imbry/Imbreth/bloomgirl06/bloom/bloomergirl(courtesy of J_F) She'll take good care of you.:D

*nudges HA in the ribs.* Quit making us sound so desperate for n00bs. :P

Well my suggestion still stands that we create a convo thread in Talk Imbry. It'd give us a place to get to know each other a bit more.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Meytha**Elvengirl » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:02 am

Hi! Just checking in! :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
Meytha**Elvengirl
Citizen of Imladris

Postby bloomgirl06 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:37 pm

Good idea, Nim! I'll do that as soon as I'm done here. Oh, and don't forget the other names J_F gave me: Thong Lady (derived from bloomergirl) and Imbryo. Quite a character, that one.

Hey Melytha**Elvengirl! Nice to see you around. :D

HA, congrats on your PM! And yes, I understand about the Blook. I just thought it was funn :roll: y. :lol:

Going to start my thread!!!

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:40 am

I remember those names.:P J_F is good at thinking up those things isn't he?:P

Way to go with the PM HA. SUPPORT TORC!!!!!!!!! :TORC:

Your thread is doing nicely. A whole bunch of people have gone there already.:D You should put a link to it on the first page for all the newbies that will hopefully come in.
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:38 pm

Good idea, Nim! Maybe I'll put a link in my sig, too...

Yes, J_F is quite good at that. Did you see he newest name for HA? It was Hobbit Artichoke! :rofl:

~bloomgirl
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby IronMorgoth » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:48 pm

HobbitArchitect wrote:IronMorgoth, Welcome to the Great Hall of the Adoption..um...person who we call Blook, Imbry,etc. and so forth. We here are glad you could join us! (for we need newbies! Badly!) Perhaps you could tell friends about this wonderful place? I hope youll enjoy your stay!
*sees Imbry glaring at him, and ducks a swing of her fist*
Well, Ive gotta go!

Of course I'll tell my friends about this great place!!
And thanks again for your welcome!!
IronMorgoth
Citizen of Imladris

Postby IronMorgoth » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:56 pm

bloomgirl06 wrote:Blook? I wasn't aware that was one of my names. :P
Anyway, IronMorgoth, would you like to tell us anything about yourself? I put most my info on the first page, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. And don't mind the hobbit. He likes to talk. A lot. And eat, too, but that's normal. :roll:
I've also added you to the first post under "Newbies." I might change that to "Adoptees" because after a while, you all won't be Newbies anymore! Well, let's hope the newbies stay around for a while. :D
See you around the boards!
By the by, I reccomend visiting the Temple of the Plushies if you want to have fun. (see link below in sig)
HA, I'm going to write your initiation eventually if you still want to join.

~Imby (or Imbry or bloom or bloomgirl or, apparently, Blook :P )

Hi again, my MIDDLE EARTH MOM :) I'll tell you a bit about me.

I'm a musician, I play Guitar in a Blues band. I'm also a music teacher.
I teach guitar, piano, and music theory.
I write songs and stories. I love animals, the sea, and all nature.
I'm a huge fantasy book/movie fan.
And I love to be here.

The moment you adopted me I felt like Frodo being blessed by Galadriel.

Thanks again for being my Middle Earth mom.
IronMorgoth
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:43 am

The moment you adopted me I felt like Frodo being blessed by Galadriel.

Friendly aren't you? :) Though I have to say posting twice in a row is considered spam on this site. If you still have more to say that you thought of and no one else has posted yet you should hit the edit button and add it in. Welcome again to TORC though.:D

Imbry: Did you see all the people that have come to your convo thread?:D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:01 pm

IronMorgoth wrote:The moment you adopted me I felt like Frodo being blessed by Galadriel.

Aw, how sweet. :D Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :angel:

Nim, I'm really excited about my Conversation Corner! I went to it today, though, and there werent' nearly as many people. Thanks for sticking around, though! *huggles*

IronMorogth: Like Nim said, beware the spam! I wouldn't want you getting into trouble, now! I might have to ground you! :nono: (just kidding! :P)

~bloomgirl
Last edited by bloomgirl06 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic