Bloomgirl06's Adoption Thread: All Newbies Welcome!

Adoption threads that have reached the 500 postcount limit are stored here. Note: threads in this Archive forum are Read Only.

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:53 am

You called? :P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby oldtoby » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:16 pm

Well Hiya Nim!! Been gone 3 months eh? Got some good tales to tell us about your life since your last visit here? :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:30 pm

NIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: *glomp* :happydance:
Where the heck have you been? :shock:

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Elendur86 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:35 pm

Nim!! :D It's great to see you again!
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:59 am

Toby: Course, I always have good stories to tell. :P That's why I'm the official story teller. :wink: Has it really been 3 months though? :shock:

Imbry: HELLO!!!!! :hug: Read that you turned 18. :wink: And also that I'm to late for the party and chocolate. :( I've been busy. Can you believe that I finally got one of those things called a "life"? Man are they overrated. :shock:

Eldur: Hello there. :D

So any newbies since I've been gone?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby oldtoby » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:49 am

Has it really been 3 months though?

Pretty close, your last visited date read like August 14th or 15th. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:23 pm

Not really too many newbies. I got a few asking questions, but I'm not sure how many of them actually stuck around. That tends to happen to me a lot. :roll:
We got Silvren, but I don't know if she's still here. Nimrihil just had a few questions, and Anar disappeared after that excruciatingly long post I wrote explaining about all the threads at TORC. :roll:

*throws chocolate at Nim* There's still some left! So how's your "life?" :D

Hey Elendur!

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:11 am

Toby: Well I must have been gone for a long time because your post count has sky rocketed. :P Still spamming your way to the top? :wink:

Imbry: Ah don't worry about it alot of newbies don't stick around. It's not just you. :P

Oh no we have another Nim here. :shock: Like it's not already hard enough fighting over that nickname with all the other Nim's. :roll:

Anar disappeared after that excruciatingly long post I wrote explaining about all the threads at TORC.

The long post probably scared him away. :P

Yay chocolate!!! :happydance:

My "life" is busy unfortunatly. I remember the days when I could spend a good twelve hours uninterrupted on here. :P
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby oldtoby » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:56 am

My "life" is busy unfortunatly. I remember the days when I could spend a good twelve hours uninterrupted on here.

You need to get back to that. 9 out of 10 doctors agree TORCing at least 12 hours a day promotes good health. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby bloomgirl06 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:09 pm

And what does that tenth guy say? :P

The Real Nim wrote:Imbry: Ah don't worry about it alot of newbies don't stick around. It's not just you. :P

Oh, I know. I was just reporting the stats. :D

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

Postby Elendur86 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:44 pm

Wow, what an honor. Post #1000 in Imby's illustrious adoption thread!

Nim- It's good to have you back. :D

Imby- Don't worry, you'll always have me sticking around! :D The 10th guy says that you should TORC 24 hours a day, like Nim did that one time. lol

Hi Toby!
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:41 am

Toby: Yes I'm trying to work that out a bit. :P

Imbry: I think the tenth guy is the one who gets smacked in the head by a clipboard when a fly landed on his forehead. :wink:

The 10th guy says that you should TORC 24 hours a day, like Nim did that one time. lol

That definalty wasn't good for my health. :shock:
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Elendur86 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:17 pm

Imby- I've been here over a year, and I still don't know how to do this. lol 3 posts previously, when you were quoting a line from one of Nim's posts, you have "The Real Nim wrote" over the quote. How do you do that? How do you personalize your quotes like that? I remember reading how to once, somewhere, but have since forgotten. lol
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby oldtoby » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:13 pm

Elendur86 wrote:Imby- I've been here over a year, and I still don't know how to do this. lol 3 posts previously, when you were quoting a line from one of Nim's posts, you have "The Real Nim wrote" over the quote. How do you do that? How do you personalize your quotes like that? I remember reading how to once, somewhere, but have since forgotten. lol

quote the text like normal, then replace [quote] with

[quote="whatever you want here"]
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Elendur86 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:07 pm

Elendur86 wrote: Testing... One, Two, Three... Testing...

Thanks Toby. :)
Elendur86
Shield Bearer

Postby pichuchuchu » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:12 am

hello i am amber i would just like to know how do u had a signature with pics?
pichuchuchu
Citizen of Imladris

Postby oldtoby » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:15 am

Hi Amber, to get that feature you have to purchase a Premiere Membership. Its $5.00 a month, theres a link on the front page on the left hand side "Support TORC" thats where you can go to buy a PM.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Oceanean » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:49 am

Hi! Just sneaking in to say allo to everyone older and newer!

Toby, nice.....flag thingy...alliance. there we go. I've definitely been away too long. I really do like it though. :)

NIM!!! You're alive! and back! *heard something about chocolate through cyberspace so I thought I'd see if you found it...and you did. :)*

...so there are two Nim's now? I'm so confused...if one's the Real Nim...what's the other one? :?
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby Lilly_MorningStar » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:31 pm

peakes through the window looks like fun in there ..peers left then right ok were am I... :)
Lilly_MorningStar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:00 pm

OCE!!!! You're alive! Yup I smelt the chocolate so I came crawling back. I expected to find another trap set by you though. I'm kind of disappointed. :P

...so there are two Nim's now? I'm so confused...if one's the Real Nim...what's the other one?

My good twin.

Lilly: Why hello there oh newbie one. What brings you to Imbry's? Looking for some answers or just a guide/friend? I'm here to help you. :twisted:
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby Oceanean » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:12 pm

Lilly: he he he....Nim's gonna lead you down the path of righteousness for all of two seconds. then I'm gonna help her lead you down the path that rocks.

cutely evil...but still cute. :wink: ....which reminds me...

*laughs as Nim steps back into the pirates chest full of Lindt truffles she slipped behind Nim while she wasn't looking*

darn that Jack Sparrow...he should not inspire me for 3vi7..... :twisted: =:)

yes, still alive. got sucked into one of those RL things again. humbug.
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:55 am

Lilly: he he he....Nim's gonna lead you down the path of righteousness for all of two seconds. then I'm gonna help her lead you down the path that rocks.

Where have I heard that before. :|

cutely evil...but still cute.

I smell a banner change coming from you. :twisted:

*laughs as Nim steps back into the pirates chest full of Lindt truffles she slipped behind Nim while she wasn't looking*

Mmmm truffles. *eats*

darn that Jack Sparrow...he should not inspire me for 3vi7.....

Now you're talking like a newb. :P n00b!!!

yes, still alive. got sucked into one of those RL things again. humbug.

Me too. Those things are pesky. I've been skillfully avoiding it now. *looks over at pile of school books and work that needs to be done that's now piling up to the ceiling* I should really stop though. :|
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby bloomgirl06 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:45 pm

Yay! It's officially Christmas.....wait, sorry Winter Break! Have to be politically correct, now don't we? :roll: Actually, I find all this "political correctness" quite dumb.
Anyhoo, I have to eat dinner, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and haven't completely disappeared.

:grouphug:

Welcome newbies!

:hug: to all!

~Imby
bloomgirl06
Ranger of the North

adoption needed

Postby carieltintil » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:59 pm

please help, this is my first attempt at initiating on this site, be gentle.
carieltintil
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:23 am

Imbry: I agree. Just forget about the political correctness. It doesn't matter since the majority of this site is Christian anyways. :P So a Merry Christmas to you. :drink:

please help, this is my first attempt at initiating on this site, be gentle.

Relax we're not a bunch of cannibals. I stopped doing that a few months back. :P So carieltintil in need of an adoption? You definately came to the right place. :D If you have any questions about anything just ask and there's plenty of people here who would be happy to help you. Also, do you have a nickname in mind or will that happy task be left up to me?
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

Postby carieltintil » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:56 am

I'm like really stupid about all of this stuff,I'm new to the internet, I just learned how to put a "thingey on an e-mail(to be specific the thingey with a paper clip), so I have no Idea how to best utilize this web space. I am worldly literate, but cyber-chalenged. I grew up in the 80's, this is a whole new experience, but I have been a fan of j.r.r.t. for nearly three decades, I read "The Hobbit" in 1976 in the fourth grade, and many rereades since. There is hope I hope
carieltintil

Postby Oceanean » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:49 pm

to be specific the thingey with a paper clip

ah! an attachment. I'm going to have to remember that description...some of my family members/neighbors are learning about computers post-windows invasion. ...actually, my neighbor didn't even learn DOS. she owned a few typewriters. she'd understand that a lot faster than whatever it was my dad was trying to teach her last summer. poor lady. she's a bit overwhelmed with it all. ...then again, she's 75, so kudos to her for trying something new.
You'll catch on quickly and wonder how you ever survived without TORC. ...not that it's addictive or anything.... :whistle: there are lots of fun people around, and Imby's a great cyber-mom. we likes her a lot

*places mound of chocolates in front of cariltintil* enjoy. :happydance:

*looks over at pirate's chest* Nim, you ok in there? *dumps in dark-chocolate doves* when I find that plushy temple again, I'm going to have to set up a chocolate fountain for the Solstice celebration. lol.

Imby: I agree. Merry Christmas tomorrow, and Happy Hannukah the day after that. I'm all for an excuse for yummy treats and happy parties. ...then there's the Kwanza holiday....I think that starts the same day as Hannukah this year. so Happy Kwanza too. *wink* these lunar calendars...they make tracking time so difficult. last year I got to make latkes for Hannukah before Christmas. this year it's after. ...let's blame it on the Romans. 8)

there's only one thing left to do.

*opens boxes* Chocolate Torte or Bluebird Pie, anyone?
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby carieltintil » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:50 pm

Am I talking to Oceanus right now? I truly am a major novice, am I doing this right or am I stepping on toes? I'm a wade in till my armpits type gal, not a subtle bone in my body.
carieltintil

Postby Oceanean » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:09 pm

*waves* Allo. You may call me Oce if you like, seeing as how that's my nickname. :)

You're just fine! We're pretty easy-going here, don't be afraid to ask questions, all of us were new once. ...some of us more recently than others, but we just want everyone to be comfortable here.
...all this really will be second nature in time, hang in there. 8)

Are you a C. S. Lewis fan as well? or just Tolkien?

:drink: yay for Bluebird Pie! Happy chocolatey overkillness! *misses her old college restraunts*
Oceanean
Shield Bearer

Postby Nimrodel_89 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:16 pm

I'm like really stupid about all of this stuff,I'm new to the internet, I just learned how to put a "thingey on an e-mail(to be specific the thingey with a paper clip), so I have no Idea how to best utilize this web space. I am worldly literate, but cyber-chalenged. I grew up in the 80's, this is a whole new experience, but I have been a fan of j.r.r.t. for nearly three decades, I read "The Hobbit" in 1976 in the fourth grade, and many rereades since. There is hope I hope

You're fine. This site is pretty simple to figure out. And it's pretty hard to step on anyone's toes here. Just so long as you read and abide by the Terms of Service you'll be ok. The link to that is in the top corner of the page. If you have any questions about anything specific feel free to ask. Hopefully one of use will be able to answer. :|

I read the hobbit when I was in the fourth grade too. :D But now it just sits on my shelf gathering dust. I really need to start reading again.

*looks over at pirate's chest* Nim, you ok in there? *dumps in dark-chocolate doves*

I'm not going to be able to move here soon. :P

A chocolate fountain? Nice. I celebrate the Solstice instead of Christmas. Does that mean I get a fountain? :angle:

We're pretty easy-going here, don't be afraid to ask questions, all of us were new once. ...

Not me, i'M aS oLd As TiMe!!!!! *looks at joined date* Or just since October 2003. :D
Nimrodel_89
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to Adoption Attic