PCE Thread of Denial-6

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Later Hue and Eru!! Have a great weekend to you both!!

And Vanadarlin' now that you are gone too, YOU have a wonderful weekend.

Rowan, would you please post that here or PM, doesn't matter to me. I know that our tech that does our puters here is pretty fummoxed with the whole thing and we are currently running IE SIX!!!!!!! Pretty outdated. But we need to get up with the best browser that will block out ads and such. THank you. :D
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Post it here, Rowan! I suspect mine hogs way too much memory. :P

Speaking of hogs... I have only about half a dozen lines of Latin left, and then I WILL start that post for EP and send it your way, Rowan.

The talk of PP&M and Puff (yay Puff!) is making me feel old, at least after Eru's comment. :P The thing I really remember, though, is Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show. Anyone else? (Okay, I just Googled it, and now I have no idea where I even saw that show, because it was apparently Canadian and later aired on Nickelodeon, neither of which I'd have had access to... huh.) And now I have E-show songs running through my head. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Boy.. 'Hue just don't stop with the goals, does he? A real go-getter!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend and I am sorry I wasn't here to see everyone off.. I had to leave unexpectedly and didn't get a chance to say good-bye...

... even so.. everyone ENJOY THE WEEKEND!! :D

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:23 pm

You too Rose darlin!! I hope you have a great weekend as well. :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby erinhue » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:17 am

Well Rosie darlin' I kinda have to be goal orientated or else I wouldn't do anything but sit around with one hand on the computer keyboard and the other clicking the TV remote. Im a lazy cuss if ya leave me to it but if I got something ta do, Im on it. It's kinda either or with me. :roll:

Good Morning everyone and hope ya have the best weekend here at the last of summer. 8)
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby rowanberry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:52 am

OK, here's some advice how to streamline Firefox a bit:

1) In your browser's address slot, type about:config and hit Enter. That brings you to a list of functions. Go down to browser.cache.memory.enable, and change the value to False by double-clicking it.

2) Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy, and mark "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox". Click on the Settings button next to it, and choose what data you want to clear (I've chosen to clear everything except browsing history, cookies, active logins, saved passwords, and site preferences), and then OK.

3) Also, on the Privacy tab, you can change the length of remembered browsing history. The default for Firefox 3.5 is 90 days; you can very well shorten it to just a week or two.

4) And, if the default amount of memory for the cache is more than 50 MB, you can well reduce it to that. This option you can find under Tools -> Options -> Network.

To install Adblock Plus, go to Tools -> Add-ons, and click "Get Add-ons" and then "Browse all add-ons". You should find Adblock quite easily under Privacy & Security, it's one of the most downloaded add-ons. Just download it and follow the instructions. (Note: An addition called NoScript might also look good, but I don't recommend it; I tried it for some time, and found it nothing but a nuisance.)
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:53 am

In your browsers address slot....

:?

I actually think I got the rest of it. :P Maybe.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 am

She means in the URL address bar at the top. :)
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 am

It's not as complicated as it looks. As you follow the steps, the words you are looking for will be there, you don't need to understand them.
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:19 am

Thanks Eru, helonia & Rowanberry.. I kind of THOUGHT that is what she meant.. but you know.. people use different words and then..a persons not sure.. if that's exactly what they mean. ;)
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:34 am

So.... I followed all those directions, brought up FireFox today, and it has forgotten every site I visit regularly. It remembers all the urls for things I went to once and never visited again, but I've had to retype all the frequently-visited sites.

...I think I broke it. :P

Speaking of broken, I managed to shave a hunk of fingernail off (the fingernail that actually covers the skin) while shaving last night. Ow. Now I have to go out and buy band-aids. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:38 am

*Rosie gives GwenElf a band-aid*
"I have lots. And they have Snoopy on them!" :D
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Here's the World War I flying ace headed off to his trusty Sopwith Camel to take off into the breaking dawn in search of The Red Baron.

I just love Snoopy. :wink: He is just sooooo Joe Cool 8)

erinhue

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:07 pm

OK.. another back in my childhood story....

*blinging noise that takes us back in time*

It was probably about 1967 or 1968.. it was just before Christmas and we were in the Montgomery Wards store. We didn't often go shopping there because it was in Gary, Indiana.. which was some distance from the town we lived in. But come Christmas time.. we would go into 'the city' and shop. And visit Santa. We went back into the toy section of the store, set up special for the holidays. And that's when I saw it.. the most adorable Snoopy ever. It had a music box inside of it and when you turned it... Snoopy would move his head! It played a lullaby song. Ohh.. I wanted that Snoopy more than anything that Christmas.. and sure enough, he was under the tree. For my very own. *sigh* He was my best buddy for years. He even had to watch me when I ate.. A couple of times he had to have 'surgery' because he was loved so much his neck got a little weak and my mom had to put a little more stuffing in him & sew him back up. I carried this best friend around everywhere.. until I was about 12 or so. There wasn't much left of him.. but I still have the music box that was was near his heart. :heart:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwww! :) What a happy story!

*Takes the Snoopy band-aids* :D

Nothing else to say this evening except that I think I'm getting sick. ACK!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Rose, that's adorable! :)

*Eru shies away away from Sil, because germs do spread over the internet*

:P
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Ah Gwennie darlin' I'll risk the flu for you :hug: Hope you feel better in the morning :rose:

erinhue

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:54 pm

GwenElf.. I'd get the band-aids for you.. and hand them to you! (from a distance!) ;)

I hope you feel better soon. :rose:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Frelga » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:00 am

Ouch, Gwennie-Elfie-Sil, I HATE when I'm missing parts of a fingernail. Makes my finger feel like those soft crabs without a shell, y'know? Heal well, and don't get sick either.

That ship is getting closer....
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby GwenElf » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:47 am

:) Thanks, guys! I feel better this morning; hoping that if I continue getting a good amount of sleep and try not to breathe too much whilst on campus (:P) I should be okay.

:love: Hue! Sterile, non-infectious hugs back at you! :hug::hug:

Eru-- *coughcough* =:)

Frelga--Closer for sure! I can see the insignia on the fla... heeeeyy, is that a pirate flag?!

By the way, everyone, tomorrow is Luthy's RL birthday, so be sure to pester her about being OLD!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:51 am

GwenElf wrote::) Thanks, guys! I feel better this morning; hoping that if I continue getting a good amount of sleep and try not to breathe too much whilst on campus (:P) I should be okay.

This I've got to see.

By the way, everyone, tomorrow is Luthy's RL birthday, so be sure to pester her about being OLD!

Just how OLD is Luthy going to be? :D

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:28 am

Had an Emmy watching party last night. Very excited Bryan Cranston won best actor, disappointed Aaron Paul did not win best supporting. Also happy E.R won an Emmy for the last time, I can live with Mad Men being the best drama, and that Family Guy did not win :D

Going to see U2 tonight at Gillette Stadium!! :D
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:00 am

That's amazing you're going to see U2 Lewie. Have a great time! :D

And try not to breathe too much on campus? :rofl: I have a feeling that the swine will break out on my campus soon enough. There's just too many people for it to not to.
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:09 am

Sil, hope you'll get better soon. :hug: And, I think you may have checked or unchecked some wrong box.

Should we start a countdown for Frelga? 8) Or has someone done it already?

My PCE is going to be huge in the next few days. I'm on another work related trip tomorrow, and on Wednesday, we have a parents' info at the younger one's school. So, not sure how much I will get online.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:17 am

Erufailon.Atanvarno wrote:That's amazing you're going to see U2 Lewie. Have a great time! :D

And try not to breathe too much on campus? :rofl: I have a feeling that the swine will break out on my campus soon enough. There's just too many people for it to not to.

Some girl that lives down the hall from me claimed she had it, she probably didn't. I will probably be okay though, I usually avoid most campus sicknesses, and even when my roommate gets sick I rarely do. But to humor my parents I am getting both vaccines when they are available this year, just in case. You try not to breathe as well :D
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 am

Rowan-- Yeah, I went back, looked, and realized that I'd checked all the boxes that I should have unchecked, and vice versa. :P Fixed now!

And yes, we should definitely start a countdown for Frelga!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 am

Hello on the PCE. Been busy this morning with payroll, quotations and following up. I have invoicing to get out today inbetween posts.

Looks like Frelga is 20 away from her first ship. I DO think a count down thread is in order.

Rowan, enjoy? the work trip and see you late Wed or Thurs?

Sil, sorry you are not well and that you had the fingernail incident!! That bites. But I will also risk it and give you a warm hug. :hug: Luthys birthday tomorrow, I will remember that and when I see her on Saturday in Seattle as well. ;)

Lewie, enjoy the concert. U2 is SPECIAL. Love it.

Eru, glad you also had a good weekend. :hug:

Hue, you sound like me. TV remote in one hand while typing on the keyboard. :roll: When I come in, the TV goes on first, the glasses and clothing change next and then a drinkie in my hand and the rest happens naturally. :P

Vanadarlin'!! How are you doing? Did you get the curtains settled for SCA this coming weekend? Sorry you had such a long day on Saturday!! 143 my SSOTH.

Rose friend, I will reply to your PM's in a moment. Need to get the PCE fix right now. :D

Okay everyone, the PCE race is on and the winner shall be determined, crown will be awarded and I lie often and large. :P

:grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 am

There you are!

Okay, I guess we can forgive you for working. ;)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:59 am

Work schmerk... get your priorities straight! ;)
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:59 am

But it pays for my PM!

IrisBrandybuck

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive