The NEW Food thread, a home for FOODIES!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:28 pm

I was just going to advise heliona to get one and then enjoy the catching up with the chocolates. :D

Rose, you are going up to visit this coming weekend? When is Mica~Lynn out for the long break?

Brother Jim brought home a mondo burrito from Chipotle's :shock: I now know what I am having for supper. :D

Enjoy the burgers!! Is the sun still shining?
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh, when I said it was too late, I meant, there wouldn't be any available in the shops. Last year I tried to buy one the first week in December and there wasn't a single one to be found in most shops. I eventually found one in a Pound Store, but it wasn't the best chocolate in the world. :cry2:

rwhen, any news on Chilicous? (Or is it Chililicious? :D)
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Mica really, really wanted to come home this weekend but she found out she has a Holiday concert to perform in (at school) on Saturday evening.. so that won't work. :( But we can go down for the day.. maybe watch a movie & go out to dinner. And go to the concert of course. :D

I did nothing. Absolutely NOTHING all day. Wait.. no.. I fed the dog. And I filled up the bird feeders. Bleh. I should do SOMETHING. I need to go get hamburger buns if we are to have hamburgers.

Helonia.. well, maybe you'll just have to console yourself with a BAG of chocolate.. :D and eat one each day! :D
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Ah, heliona. I see. I didn't figure that the shops might sell out so early, but it makes sense if one should start with day one and go forward and this is the 1st. :hug: What did you and Wilko have for supper tonight? (I know it is late for this question)

Oh cool then, you will get to see Mica~Lynn in concert. :D Sweet. I ADORE that she called me Auntie J on the HELLO thread. *preens* You will have a more productive day tomorrow, Rose. :hug: Enjoy the burgers.

*sends heliona a big bag of specialty chocolates*

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 pm

Yes, I *do* hope I have a more productive day tomorrow! YIKES! it would be hard NOT to!!! :D I had an exhausting day yesterday.. so this makes up for that.. and hopefully I'll get some things done yet tonight.

Have a good night rwhen!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Oh gosh, I don't need any more chocolates! I'm very slowly making my way through a set of gorgeous truffles that Wilko bought me for my birthday. :D So really, I shouldn't get an advent calendar - I don't need any more chocolates, and since I'm on a losing weight kick, I also don't need any more temptation! :lol:

rwhen, I had pizza for lunch and dinner (it was the same pizza) because I'm on night shift. I believe Wilko finished off some chicken tikka that he'd made a couple of nights ago, but since I wasn't at home, I couldn't say. :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Waaaaiiiiittt...Mica is Rose's?

When did I miss that little piece of information?

Well, we had taco salad tonight. :) I haven't been eating a whole lot since I got this virus, which is both good and bad. :roll:

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby portia » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:55 pm

rwhen: any sign of the arrival of te jelly? Your letter arrived saturday and I would hope my box was about as quick.

I had an appointment in Victorville (high desert). Went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch. I LOVE Cha Gio-- those little rolls, fried, that you wrap in lettuce and dip in Nouk Mam sauce. Mr. Portia had a large Pho (soup).

Then went to a LARGE Mexican market to browse. They make fresh tortillas on site!! I hadn't had a really fresh tortilla for years. There is nothing like them. Got Chorizo, and few not necessarily Mexican items.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:56 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:Waaaaiiiiittt...Mica is Rose's?

When did I miss that little piece of information?

I think it was in the TVM thread. But yes, Mica is in fact the real Rose. :D

And I know what you mean about not eating being both good and bad. I wish I could curb my appetite! :lol:

heliona

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Portia.. I KNOW rwhen said somewhere... maybe earlier in this thread? that she got the jelly.. LOVED it.. and her brother immediately confiscated 1/2 of it. I guess it tastes phenomenal on the corn bread waffles.

Mica posts in the 'Home Alone' thread. She doesn't have time right now to keep up with anything else. :D Eventually she may branch out. I chose my screen name (which is close to my e-mail address) about 11 or 12 years ago! Never did I think it would come back to haunt me & make it confusing for anyone online!

They say one of the easiest ways to loose weight is to eat cut back on the variety of your foods but make them very good foods. So.. choose one or two breakfast foods (oatmeal for example). Also have pretty much the same 2 or 3 things for lunch, mix dinner up but keep the foods healthy, simple, & properly proportioned. It is so easy to be tempted to overeat when we have such a wonderful variety of foods to choose from!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Alright! :yippie: You fed the dog! :happydance: What a productive day! :D

:rofl: Iris, yes Rose is Rose's... confusing, I know.

I just haven't been that hungry today, I haven't been able to really eat anything. Don't know what's going on. I'm getting stomachaches because I can't chew my food properly.

How did the burgers go Rosie?
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Boy! If that isn't the most confusing post for someone who doesn't have a clue what is going on! lol!! And yes, the dog was very happy that I fed her. If I don't she comes & scratches at my knee & looks at me with big puppy eyes.

Burgers were delish.. but hubby is still not home from work. He thought he'd be home by 6. I finally made the burgers around 7:30.. and now it is just after 9:00pm. :( They'll still be good when he gets home.

Eru, I hope you feel better soon. You too Iris!

Eru.. I was thinking.. meatloaf... it's sort of similar to what goes inside of stuffed cabbage.. but there's no cabbage, and it's cooked in a 'loaf'. Some people mix it with rice (like stuffed cabbage) some use bread crumbs or oatmeal. The starchy additive keeps the meat from being too hard/tough.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Didn't know you had a dog. What kind is she?

And one of my daily goals is to make one person's day a little weirder. :D
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:38 pm

:hihi: Hello everyone!!

Hey I love advent calendars and yes you open the day that corresponds to that day. In other words you open #1 on the first of Dec., #2 on the second and so on till Christmas eve when you open #24. But it is okay to do it backwards as you are doing Eru if that is your wish. There are no hard fast rules of what is or isn't right. Hey it is your calendar dear!! :hug:

Eru you are welcome to make my days weirder any time you wish!!! :D

I got a notice today in the mail that I have to serve on Jury duty AGAIN!!! This my 6th time in 10 years that they have drawn my name totally at random or so they say. I have not had to actually serve yet but I wish they would let someone else have the blessing of the job. At least they will pay me for my days wages if I have to spend the day there but it would be nicer not to have to. Of course I have to be available on Friday the 18th and Monday the 21st of this month. The weekend I am suppose to be going to the island for Christmas. We are spending that weekend having Christmas at Ryan's moms because she is going over the mountain to his grandmas for Christmas day. It would figure that the city would find a way to screw up my Christmas. :roll:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Vana, I'm sorry to hear that. :hug: You must be really good at jury duty! :D

How is it in America? Over here, the pay SUCKS, it's very hard, you can barely live off of it.
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 am

The county or state only reimburse folks for a percentage like nothing much but they do pay mileage and a fee but at the place where I work now they give you full pay for the days that you are on jury duty. So I wont lose any income if I am called to serve. I will probably have to turn over any moneys the county pays me for those days in order to get my pay from Petco.

I do not remember ever having to stay and actually hear any cases but I have had to sit and wait all day to be told to go home and call back in the next morning. :roll:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 am

I have never had to serve on Jury duty. Ever. (thank goodness) And.. well.. I've had my driver's license for quite a long while.. if that is how they pick people.

Eru.. my life is so weird .. at least at times.. I don't know that I'd know if someone introduced even more weirdness in to my life! If that makes any sense! :D

Our dog's name is Pippin. She's short & has furry feet. Just like a hobbit. :D

And to keep this foodie thread on track.. I asked this question earlier but I think it got missed. Does anyone have a good recipe for glazed pecans or almonds?
Last edited by RoseMorninStar on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:08 am

Rose darlin I sent you a PM earlier. Did you get it????

I think they get it by your voters registration but I am not sure.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:12 am

Wow, Vana, that's too bad. I hope you don't get involved in a long messy trial. i served jury duty a few times.

Chocolate Advent calendars? I have JUST got to find one. A chocoholic like me would be in seventh heaven with one of those.

And, it's almost Hanukkah for our Jewish friends. Maybe Frelga or another could let us in on some traditional Hanukkah dishes. The only one I know of is latkes, (potato pancakes) served with sour cream. Yummmmmmm.... Makes my mouth water just to think of it.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 am

Vanaladiel wrote:Rose darlin I sent you a PM earlier. Did you get it????

I think they get it by your voters registration but I am not sure.

Yes Vana m'dear.. and I responded. :D

I also vote.. and have since I got my driver's license.. so that's no reason that I (thankfully) have not been called to jury duty. At one time, when I worked at an Insurance company.. I could have been excused for most trials.

C-R.. the WallyWorld you work at.. is it one of the 24/7 Supermarts?
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:34 am

Hi, Rose, yes the Wally World I work at is one of the 24/7 supermarts. :)

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am

Got it Rose darlin! :hug:

Our Wally World is too! You work a lot CR!!

Oh and I love your new siggie too!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby portia » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:46 am

Cock-Robin wrote:Wow, Vana, that's too bad. I hope you don't get involved in a long messy trial. i served jury duty a few times.

Chocolate Advent calendars? I have JUST got to find one. A chocoholic like me would be in seventh heaven with one of those.

I have been called about 3 times, but only served once. And that case was settled in the middle. It is boring, sitting around. As a cost-cutting measure, the County has cut back our local court to one week a month. No trials, I believe. This is a problem as there is NO public transportation from here to the place where our local cases are to be heard. How will people get there if they haven't a car or are not allowed to drive??

I think I saw a display of chocolate advent calendars at Trader Joe's. They are from Germany, and I bought one one year. They are nice.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 am

Hi portia, I did respond right away. I got the box on Friday with the jelly and I adore it, it is delicious. My brother and I decided that it would be best on a cornbread waffle, so he made a few and next thing I know, he wants half the jar, so I split it with him. The rest now resides happily (but not for long) in my secure refrigerator. Thank you so much for doing this for me. :hug:

Loads of posts here since yesterday when I left.

The only update for me is the Brother got the all clear sign on the restaurant and he takes occupancy today, meaning getting the keys. Now the race is on to open. :D

Last night I didn't have my burrito, I actually took a long bath and then fell asleep and didn't eat anything. I woke up around 11pm starving, so I had some toast and went back to bed.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH, hope to see you when you have rested up and we can post about and play some today. I have been on the list for jury duty twice since moving to WA state, but the way they do it here is that you have a number assigned when you get the mail. You call a phone number every day for a week, if your number is called then you have to go, if not, then well, you don't. Hope you don't have to sit on a jury. :hug: 143

Eru, hopefully today you will feel better with your tummy and be able to start eating more regular. *warm hugs*

Iris, you too on the virus you have. Rest is a good thing, so I hope you are getting good rest. :D

Rose, what's on the agenda for today for you? The piccies of Pippin is adorable. :D

*chocolates for everyone* Hey they are virtual, no calories. :D

:hihi: to everyone that I missed.

heliona, how long are you on lates?

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 am

I took NyQuil last night and slept well, thank you!

I'm really hungry for a McDonald's McChicken sandwich for some reason.

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 am

Mm, me too. There's just something about those burgers...

:happydance: for the restaurant! How long do you think it will take to open it? A week?

Pippin is SO cute. I think my girlfriend's grandparents had a similar type of dog. They named it Frodo, also because of it's legs. :D

Having some Nesquik cereal for breakfast.... :D
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am

Eru? Girlfriend? Spill the beans preciousssss!! :D

Iris, glad you are feeling better and I have never had a McChicken sammich. *shrugs*

But I am hungry. My tummy thinks my throat was slit.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 am

Oops. EX-gf... :D The one I had to miss the WCA's last year for. We're still good friends though.

Say, what DID happen to the WCA's? We still holding them this year?
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 am

As far as I know, we don't know anything about the WCA's for this year. I suspect that we will hear something eventually. Dunno.

Ah, got it, the X in the life and it is always good to stay friends when one can. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:02 am

Nesquik cereal? That anything like Cocoa Puffs? I really loved them and was just cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

So, anybody find out what traditional Hanukkah cuisine would be, other than the latkes, those luscious potato pancakes served with sour cream?

And I really hope that they announce the WCA's soon. I've been looking forward to it all year.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive