The TVM spends January in Barbados!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Gamgee Wench » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................... OK, I got that out of my system.

Sheesh guys....I feel like I haven't had time to do much of anything online. I love January, I really do.....but all the down time I thought was happening, hasn't. :( Just seems like there is a lot to do and no time to do it in.

Tooks....I'm loving the looks of the villas...I need a Sven and a Villa...in that order. :)

I need to catch up with you all....I apologize. I had to drive my son back to school on Tuesday/Wednesday, been at work a lot more than I've wanted too, and have been trying to get stuff organized for the trip in March. And well....lots of life stuff.

And I've had a wee bit of a reaction to the oral typhoid vaccine that my son and I are taking right now, so I feel a bit ill and tired, but I know it's temporary so I can live with a low fever and such. For our trip in March we've had to get all sorts of fun vaccines....Hep A, B, typhoid, Malaria, normal flu, and if we want...rabies. I'm just not going to pet the animals down there and forgo the rabies. I hate all these shots and pills.

I'm still making caramels...and still sending them out. Will I ever catch up?

Hugs to you all!!

(oh, saw Avatar Friday night in 3D and Imax....much fun!)
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Save some mojitos for me! And though I can't have Classic Coke anymore, Coke Zero actually tastes just like it.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Calma » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:Save some mojitos for me! And though I can't have Classic Coke anymore, Coke Zero actually tastes just like it.

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions... <shrug>

Wenchie...Keep breathing. It has to slow down sometime.

So, Iris, did Rob join up or just go lurkin' about the place?
I don't think my babyman would have much trouble finding me. If he were ever to join up, Manwe would have a new flame thrower in the mix. He's good at that sort of stuff. Has his opinion and can back it up.

Rowan, I wish you well in your return to work. I hope it doesn't overwhelm you too much.

I've gotten back on my treadmill and am back at a mile. I don't work out. Walking a mile a day is about all I can muster these days.

Happy Monday to the lot of ya...
Later...
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 pm

truehobbit asked:
What a fascinating expression, Scribbles. Is it something you say, or a quote or so? :)

It's an expression we have here and I'm not sure where I first heard it. And yes, I use it pretty regularly. ;) :D

Wenchie! Good to see you and I hope life slows down some for you soon. ('cause I know the feeling and wouldn't wish it on anyone ;) )

rowanberry, I hope your first Monday back after your holiday isn't too, too horrible. Don't worry, after the initial shock wears off it might not be that bad. ;)

Calma, a mile a day is still working out in one form or another. ;) We don't all have to be martial artists or weight lifters or even Pilates champions. Keeping active in some way, any way is still good. :)

And it's Monday already??? :shock: squints at clock . . . Boy, I hope that's still 8 pm and not 8 am . . . or else I'm hooped. :shock: ;) :D

It was far too full a weekend, again. I swear, next weekend I'm not doing a thing except church on Sunday. Otherwise, it's going to be sleep, eat, sleep some more, watch a movie, sleep, eat and sleep some more. ;)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:16 pm

And hang around TORC, I hope, Scribbles.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Oh yes, definitely CR. I plan to cram a lot of writing in there as well if I can, it'll depend on how much quality time the hubby will require. He can sometimes be a bit high maintenance, but he's worth it. ;)

And whenever I'm at the computer to write, TORC is ALWAYS up. ;)

SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Had a full weekend again with working Saturday after a short nights interrupted sleep. :roll: Then off to the in laws. Didn't sleep as well as I could have and then a busy day. I look forward to Wednesday sleeping in again and next Sunday I will only be sleeping in, doing some laundry and playing on TORC.

With only one day off then back to work it is tough to get much rest when we want to have a life and do other things. :roll: I need a week off but wont get that till June and then I will be dashing off in a plane for Michigan and a full schedule there. I don't know I might opt out of some of the running back there and just enjoy a book on the porch swing. :D Watching the fireflies dance at night and enjoying the breeze. Sounds like heaven to me.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 am

Calma: Rob opted not to join, though I told him he was welcome. The main reason I wanted him to come in here and look around for a bit was so that he understood that I wasn't keeping huge secrets from him. (little secrets, that's different ;) ) He said he probably won't come back unless he has too...he said this is my place, where I'm comfortable to just talk.

He's not real, I don't think. :shock: Although he feels real. :P

Vana: :hug: Slow down, take some time to smell the roses, etc. Just don't overdo it.

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 am

Ok folks...off to another great place today. Lots of room for us and all the Svens. :D

And lovely gardens, if I do say myownself.

Queens Fort

*has a couple of the Svens carry her in an orange lounge chair out to the gardens...with a pitcher of margaritas, of course....*
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 am

*pours herself a drinkie and sips while checking out the foliage*

Sweet place ya found here, very clean and bright, Tooks. I like it.

:hihi: all TVMers!! Hope you had a great weekend, short as it was.

Calma, I envy that you are doing one mile a day. Made me tired to read of it.

Can't respond to everyone, but I will leave something instead.

*places out floral wrist bracelets for everyone*
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

*slips on a couple of bracelets*

Nice digs, Tooks. :D

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby notlistening » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Wenchie, that's a boatload of vaccines!! :shock: Hope you'll feel better soon. And I liked Avatar as well!

I was hoping the weeks would get less busy, but alas no. Though I could log on from home, 'cept that 'puter is tooo slow. I should as there is nothing on FTA tv so I am watching dvds of Castle, Eli Stone and the Supernatural boys.
TVM...the best place in the 'verse.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby truehobbit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Ooooh, what a lovely place, Tooks. :love:

*puts on a flower bracelet on each wrist* Thanks, rwhen! :D *slides into pool and waves Sven to bring cocktails in pineapples* :D

Wenchie, so that means the trip you weren't sure about (because of your son's injury) is now taking place?

It's an expression we have here and I'm not sure where I first heard it. And yes, I use it pretty regularly.

Scribbles, thanks. I do like it. (Even though at the moment I like it for how apt it is literally to how I feel... :) ) Nicely sarcastic, but in a good way. (If I understand it correctly, that is - couldn't find it in any idiomatic dictionary, although google know it well enough.) :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Morwenna » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:42 pm

I want that hot tub! :D And where do I get a bedspread like that blue and white one??
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby heliona » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 pm

That garden and pools look absolutely brilliant! I could definitely stay there for a while (although some of the bedroom decor is a little in-your-face, wear-your-sunglasses-to-bed!). :D
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 pm

IrisBrandybuck wrote:*slips on a couple of bracelets*

helps Iris up off the floor . . . ;) :D

Mmmmm nice digs again Tooks! I think I'll take a Sven or two and another pitcher of Mojitos and go loll on that beach, maybe even go in for a snorkel or two . . . Oh, and first dibs on the Blue Bedroom!!! :P:D

Wenchie, how's the new accounting system coming? Or shouldn't I ask, for fear of causing much frenzied wailing and gnashing of teeth . . . ? :D

truhobbit, I think the expression may have originally been used to describe a wedding . . . that all the hectic plans and arrangements were over and all that was left was to sit in the pew and cry . . . 'cause lots of folks cry at weddings, it seems, LOL. So now, it simply signifies getting to the "end" of something . . . I guess it's one of those expressions that probably doesn't translate well, LOL. My grandmother had a bunch of German expressions that used to leave my friends scratching their heads when I translated them to English . . . but we thought they were funny. :blush:

Well, we may have an "issue" with our house. I came home today and found that one of the lower panels in our kitchen window, the stationary half of the slider unit, is cracked clean across. :shock: And we have a crack that just showed up in the wall above the french doors in the basement. So hubby wants me to call the insurance company and ask them how we should go about having the house inspected for uneven settling problems . . . :( Gads, I hope this isn't serious . . .

:|
SilverScribe

Postby oldtoby » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm

A little spackle will clear that right up
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Oh Scribbles dear that does not sound good. I sure hope that it isnt a sign of real problems. Good luck hon!! :hug:

Oh and if they have a green room like the blue room, I will take it!!! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:34 pm

oldtoby wrote:A little spackle will clear that right up

For the wall crack, yes, initially. But unless the cause of the cracking is addressed, it will just re-appear.

And spackle will hardly clear up the problem with a window that has what we now suspect is a "pressure crack" from uneven settling.

Thanks Vana, I sure hope it's not a sign of deeper problems my ownself. Otherwise, we may be looking at a horrendous expense for getting a construction engineer in to have a look at things . . . not to mention what it might cost to correct it . . . :shock: :( Of course, we could always turn around and sue the builder, but hopefully, it won't come to that.

And our builder, in their infinite wisdom, made every single telepost inaccessible when they finished the basement. Juuuust peachy, that.

:|
SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Ouch that is not a good thing. I wonder why they did that?? Is your home in a landfill area where they built up the land or leveled it to build the houses on the lots???
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 am

Houses always settle a bit, but a crack in the wall is a bit much.

You can tell where ours settled over the years but the nailpop designs and drywall tape cracks. :roll:

Yes...the bedrooms in that place are lovely. I rather like the hibiscus room myownself. :D

I'm thinking to going to a new place today though. For some reason I really like the overall design and decor of this place. I may just want to settle in. For a few years. :D:D:D

Simple yet elegant!

It has 11 acres. And a staff of 14. :shock:
Not counting the Svens.

:D

Autumn!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby oldtoby » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:29 am

For the wall crack, yes, initially. But unless the cause of the cracking is addressed, it will just re-appear.

Well then you will just have to go to the handymans secret weapon...duct tape.

oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 am

hee.

Red Green goes to Barbados.

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:47 am

Duct tape is like the Force: it has a bright side and a dark side, and it keeps everything together. ;)

But, I also hope that the cracks aren't because of some construction defects.

So, yesterday evening, I got back to business, a.k.a. dancing. My body hasn't protested at least yet, although there was a period of three weeks when I did practically nothing. :P

When I become rich and famous, I want a house like the one Tooks has found us this time! 8) (OK, first I'll have to figure out what to do to become rich and famous... :roll: )
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 am

When I become rich and famous, I want a house like the one Tooks has found us this time!

I'd settle for the rich part...

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Gamgee Wench » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 am

Old Toby posted a picture of Red Green! Awesome. And I love duct tape.

OK, quick wave to you all.......
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby heliona » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 am

Ooh, very nice Tooks. I like how the pool looks like you'd just come across it on a walk. :D Yep, I could stay there for a while (bagsy the four poster bed ;)).

Scribbles, I hope you get the wall sorted without much trouble. :cry2:

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby truehobbit » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am

heliona, I got your package today! :D :happydance: :D Thanks for the card and the lovely pressie! :hug:

(Stamped Dec. 22 - they must have transported it by ox-cart... :roll: - but I'm not complaining, I'm glad it didn't get lost. :D )

In other good news, I got home at five-thirty today and it wasn't quite dark yet - days are definitely getting longer again. :D

Scribbles, ouch, keeping my fingers crossed that there's nothing wrong with the foundation or so. :| :hug: What'll you do to fix the damage that's already there?

And thanks for the further explanation of the idiom - I didn't even think of weddings - *slaps forehead* - that makes it so much jollier! :D (I was just thinking of endings in a sense of parting with something - that it meant that when things end, whatever it is, you're stuck with crying for a while after they're ended.) But, yeah, when you're done with all the work of preparing a wedding, it's the crying that's next on the agenda. :D :D :D

Tooks, very nice place. 8) A bit more rustic than the previous ones, but also quite cosy.

And a staff of 14.
Not counting the Svens

:rofl: :thumbsup: :rofl:

I'll settle for rich, too - don't need to have the press follow me around to Barbados. 8)

Hey, we could all have Rowan teach us Indian dancing at our villa, what do you say? 8) :D
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby heliona » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:48 am

truehobbit wrote:heliona, I got your package today! :D :happydance: :D Thanks for the card and the lovely pressie! :hug:

(Stamped Dec. 22 - they must have transported it by ox-cart... :roll: - but I'm not complaining, I'm glad it didn't get lost. :D )

I was wondering where it had gone! Good job it wasn't consumables! :D Glad it finally got there. :) And you're welcome. :hug:

heliona

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

oldtoby wrote:Well then you will just have to go to the handymans secret weapon...duct tape.

ROFL!! Hubby suggested tape as a temporary fix too, but the first words out of his mouth were "And DON'T use Duct tape, use clear plastic packing tape."

Uh duhhhh. Y'think? Geesh even I'm not that stupid . . . I should use duct tape just to bug him . . . =:)

Thanks for all the moral support, you guys/gals are the best. :) I called our Insurance company today. They set up a claim and said they'd have an adjuster call us in a day or two about coming out for a look. He (or she) can advise us from that point as to what our best course of action should be. So we'll see . . . :)

rowanberry, I love that description of Duct Tape. And I'll sign up for any dance classes you care to run in the Barbados. ;)

I'll forgo the 'famous' bit my ownself, rich would be enough. ;) Then I could look after all my family and friends and maybe solve World Hunger and, erm, well I guess I'd have to be REALLY rich then, I guess . . . ;)

I'll settle for small to moderate debt and hanging out with you lot. ;)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive