PCE Thread of Denial - 7th Act!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:10 am

And then the weekend walked past again, leaving another Monday for us... so helloooooooo Monday it is! :hihi:

Good morning everyone, have we all enjoyed the past two days? I had a lovely quiet weekend. Friday the short visit to the pub with our Harley group turned out to to be a long visit... we were the last to leave haha :drink: Don't worry, only drank orange juice and tea, since I was driving. Got up very late on Saturday, did grocery shopping and then was installed on the couch with a blanket covering shivering me. Then the Vman made a great supper and after that we watched the dvd "The Wall". Weird stuff but nice music.

Sunday Vman was working around the house, fixing things. I took it easy behind the PC and then crawled onto the couch with my little notebook to find that muse. Only a short poem came out.

Rwhen, I'm trying to outline an idea I have for a story, but the idea won't evolve into a longer line. Have to wait 'till my brain and emotions work it out ;) How was your weekend, cocooning inside? :hug:

If anyone here wants to receive a Christmas card from dutchieland, please send me your address? Or if the address changed?
Addresses I have: Rwhen, Vana, Mungo, Basil, Evenstar, Rowan and Iris :)

Mungo is back on dry land by the way, trying to get rid of his sealegs haha.

And yes Rose, those were my thoughts too. She was "too good to be true". Well I hope she'll get more money out of it all if that's all she wants. Seems she would have been happier if she worked with us. We're a pretty crazy bunch and perhaps that would have taken her back down to earth :angel:

Eari, awesome news about the concert. That must be so fulfilling :) But working that long isn't good! :| Don't you dare to keep this up for a long time. You will collapse my dear. Hopefully you'll get the job, will keep my fingers crossed. Do you feel better now after you got those 5 years of pain out? :hug:

And good luck on the exams everyone who needs it!! :thumbsup:

Have to really hurry now, normally I leave at this time, now I have to have breakfast yet, make my lunch and and and... *jumps up*

Have a lovely Monday, all of you :grouphug:
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:18 am

Third Law of the Choir
The soprano soloist will contract laryngitis the day before the Christmas cantata.

CR or the lead Alto will do the same and not be able to make a sound. That happened to me. :roll: I don't sing much anymore. I do some around the house and when driving in the car but that is it now.

Hey Drieske darlin!!! :hug: :hihi:

I am with Drieske if anyone has changed their address since last year I will need an updated address. My cards are going out this week. So please send me the new address right away. Either on PM or via email.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:15 am

I almost fell off of the top riser at a Christmas concert one time. :P

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rowanberry » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:31 am

Iris, I hope that none of the Choir Murphies will come true for you! :hug: I know how easy it is to get so emotional in such a situation that every sound sticks in your throat. But, remember, you won't sing there for a living, and I believe that the congregation will be quite forgiving. After all, O Holy Night isn't the easiest song that there is!
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:27 am

I'm sure you'll do well, Iris! Here's another Murphism:

The Law of Musical Entropy

When left by themselves, carefully numbered accompaniment tapes rearrange themselves so as to cause maximum confusion.

Corollary:
The wrong tape has the lablel of the tape you're looking for.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:01 am

Hello on this Monday my PCEheads!!!

Loads of activity, won't be able to post to everyone at one time, but will knock some out over the next few posts. :D

CR, :lmbo: excellent choir Murphyisms!! The soprano getting sick is the one that has happened the most. :D Congrats on your goal getting and...

Eru, good luck with studies and exams, that goes for Sil and Eari too!! :D

House here looks great, over the weekend all the outside decorations were completed and this week the inside ones will be put up. No tree yet, but LOADS of Christmas schtuffffff!!

Already one phone system down from high winds and power outages this past weekend in the PNW. Wonder how the rest of the day will be.

Hue, don't worry, it happens to me all the time. More I getting writing in a thread and I can't remember WHICH thread I am in, I have had to check more than once. :roll:

Drieske, back to work for you. Sounds like you had a pretty restful weekend all and all. I did do mostly what I said, except that I realized I didn't have any alcohol in the house, so I had to get out on Saturday and go to the ABC store. That was a mess, but no injuries. :D Good luck on your storyline my dear, you are a very talented writer, so anything you get out, you know I will be interested to read. :hug: Have a great day at work.

Okay, for now, that is it. Rose, Vanadarlin', Rowan, Hue, CR, Eru, Sil, Iris, Eari and heliona....big PCE hugs to you all!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 am

Have a good day, Auntie J! :D :hug:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby erinhue » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 am

I suppose that if anyone should know, I should, but does anyone know if there is gonna be a WC Awards this year? I'd wonder if we could muster up enough numbers to even warrent it, but ya know I hadda ask, right? :wink:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:51 am

Hi, Rwhen! Vana, Iris and those singing, here's something to inspire you, and put everybody in the spirit of the season. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Here's Libera with a familiar Christmas carol:

Libera

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 am

You are not the first to ask, Hue. Many have inquired and as of yet, there is no mention of any award ceremonies. I will write to a moderator and see what is up, just for everyone else too, who might be curious.

What you said is true though. We are few in numbers these days, it COULD be the reason for delay, meaning debate on how many people there are who are going to participate. Or who COULD participate.

I will let you know if I hear something.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks, Rwhen! When there is a good chance that I could win a Dernhelm, I am hoping the ceremonies do come. Been working hard at it.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:21 am

Well I have asked the question, we shall see if I get a response. I will post it up here.

:D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 am

Music is an essential part of my life; while my singing is not necessarily a part of anybody else's life ;) In my youth (so long long ago) I sang in a church choir, also solo's. Now I sing only in my car and in the evenings when it's quiet at work. Choirs, parts where many voices join in, give me goose flesh, no idea why. There might also be some brimming of the eyes involved :whistle:

So here's a salute to all of you who sing and by that stir people's emotions with their song :drink: You have my respect. Of course I don't mean making people :pull: because of screeching or singing totally out of key and rhythm :lol:

Aloha Vanalady :hug: How are you doing today? Perhaps we should assemble a TORC-choir and sing virtual songs? :D Is 'assemble' the right word here? Makes me think of The Borg *grins*

Iris, what happened, did you stumble? Or stand on the edge of the podium? Did the audience notice it? I'm glad it was 'almost'! You'll be alright sweetie and I wish you a happy performance :)

Those Murphyisms are funny CR hehehe, awkward when it happens to yourself but amusing to others :D

No alcohol Rwhen? No lovely red wine or a lighter rose? No cool beer when you are thirsty? :shock: That's catastrophic! :hug: I do hope you had enough milk :P I'd go crazy without milk or orange juice. And wine.
No injuries dear? :lol: I'm impressed by your self control haha. Glad you had a nice weekend my friend, love ya! :heart: And your house is in Christmas spirit? Sooo nice :) Sinterklaas has left our country, so now I can think about the Christmas decorations. Nick will have to move half his room to get to them. You can find the poem on my blog, and if I have some outlining done, I will send it to you. Thanks for your encouragement, you are my rock in the writing ocean as always :rose:

Hello Erinhue :hug: good to see you again.

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:42 am

Drieske: it was the first year we had a massively huge choir and not enough risers, so behind the risers they stacked (folded) tables. I was on the top riser, just below the folded tables and it was really, really crowded. I was holding the folder for me, my cousin and another friend and thought, "If I inch back a bit, this will be easier to hold and we'll have a bit more room." So I did...then a little more...and suddenly my heels slipped off the back of the riser and I started backwards too! :rofl: Melissa and Chrissy caught me. My choir director saw it and mouthed, "are you okay?" Of course, I nodded. But as she started the first song, I couldn't stop laughing. Only a few people in the audience saw it. My mom was videoing it, and missed it! :lmbo:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:52 am

Rose, it was nice mailing with you through Facebook this morning! Did you get enough sleep? :D

LOL Iris, oooooow good that Melissa and Chrissy pulled you back up! And though it would have been a hilarious sight for the audience, you could have been hurt with a lot of people piling on top of you, all falling off... *imagines domino-day* ;) Your mom missed it? Hihi :roflmbo:

Edited with apologies to Rowan for the mix-up
Last edited by drieske on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

drieske
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 am

Hi, Drieske! And thanks. I love your sig pic!

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks Robin :) I adore yours too. Polar bears are awesome creatures, wild and free. Did you know their hair is hollow? The snow reflects on it so it appears to be white.

Eagles are majestic, soaring on broad wings as masters of the air. I'd love to fly with them... *dreams* I can see why you love them.

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 am

Hey my lady friend. :hug: Well, I figured out that I didn't have any alcohol before I was to start drinking any, so I got to the store in time. But because of the holidays, the ABC store is packed between now and New Years on every weekend. So it was crazy getting in and out. :D

I will look at FB for your poem my dear, I am sure that I will adore it as I do all your poetry. *smooochie*

Are you home or still working?

Iris, I have never fallen when performing, but once my niece just passed out. It was during the funeral for her Uncle. She just fell down. She popped right back up again, but I was amazed and shocked at the same time. She said it was because she "locked her knees" HUH?????

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

Good you noticed before you were relaxed and ready to lock all doors for the weekend. Don't you just HATE crowded stores? I always have the urge to run out as soon as possible lol.

The poem is on Drieske writes sweetie, not on FB :) *warm tight hugs*

drieske
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:38 am

Yes, locking your knees is a no-no. I don't know how to explain it, but it does something screwy to your circulation and there's a good chance of you're falling over. But when you're nervous, it's easy to do.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Iris, I think it cuts off the blood to the BRAIN!! ;)

Drieske, I went there and I commented too. :hug: Have fun playing games with Maeglin and Amarie!! Say HI for me.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Gaming already ended Rwhen, I got pissed, I'm getting too old for this gaming thing, all nervous about being too slow. Not fun this way.

And now I need tea to balm my nerves to prevent the banging from turning into a real head ache. Want to join me Iris and Rwhen. Keep those knees supple eh! :wink: You can click on the link in my previous post to get to the poem, it's not on FB :D

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Yeah, that is how it got for the online gaming for me too, so I do understand my dear. :hug: Besides, in some aspects, I also just moved on from it. There is a lovely thing about sharing time together with friends, but not when you feel pressured. I get that.

*massages Drieske's shoulders and puts a pillow behind her head*

Sip your tea and let it float away with the wind my friend.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:27 pm

:hug: thanks for the hug and thanks so much more for understanding. That's exactly what I feel. I still love to game, to get away from everything for a while, but in my own pace, doing my own thing, exploring everything. :) Edit: just talked to Maeg on the phone about the gaming issue. Perhaps next time it will go better. If not...

*pours more tea for her friends*

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:04 pm

LOL, I wondered how long it would take to chat with him about it. You two are too good of friends to let this go between you. I know you will work it out.

How is that tea going down?

Great to see you on FB!! :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby drieske » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:08 pm

He called me so I answered the phone. Discussion took some time and we promised to be more patient and listen carefully to what the other was asking or saying. We'll see.

Tea is great, two buckets down already :D

And yes, FUN on FB, it has been a long time since last we talked :happydance:

drieske
Mariner

Postby earendil81 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Well the week of craziness is over and I feel incredibly empty, but then again it is not surprising after such an intense preparation... It is like going through withdrawal symptoms really. And I know what it is like seeing that I used to smoke :lol: :lol:...

The concert was AMAZING!! It was perfect, and we have a fantastic time. The 1h30 was gone too quickly obviously, just like the after-party but well. Apparently - did not really notice because I was so relieved and yet sad to be done with my solo - I got one of the two standing ovations of the concert. The other singers were just fantastic; I cried - Endless Night again but everybody in the audience had tears in their eyes, this guy is just amazing and touches people every time -, I laughed my head off - Hello Little Girl and Class... And had the best time ever. I enjoyed every single minute of the concert :D :D :D :D.
Obviously we ended up singing at the after party as well (what do you expect of a group of 20 singers joined by another 20 :lol:) and it was just great.

To all of you who used to sing and don't do it much anymore I want to say, don't stop. It is too important, everything you can share with those little notes running after each other and bringing such strong emotions to everyone who hears them is just magic. Don't let it go. It brings people together in a way nothing else does and it is a treasure ;) ;).

Drieske, I guess I am feeling better, it is just that I haven't much time to sort out how I feel between that and the concert and the going to France for Xmas. It is a little too much for me to deal with right now :roll: :roll:.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Don't forget to stop and breathe, friend Eari. :hug:

I love your writing on the singing experience. I sang for over 20 years with various bands and can't really sing any longer, but I sure enjoyed the experience when I did it.

:D Happy that things went so well.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Well, with this post, I go up to Page 7. And thanks, Drieske, I'd just love to soar with eagles or be a Beorning and turn into a bear. I love both.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 pm

:clap: YAY YOU :clap:

Well done friend CR. And page 6 is calling you. :D

When you post on a regular basis, isn't it amazing how fast you move?

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive