PCE Thread of Denial - 7th Act!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Holy carp!

Is this a new PCE thread?

ALREADY????

You people are 'opeless.

;)

No PCE here.
Nope.
Nadda.
None
Nachos.

Mmmmm.... :wink:

The TVM needs to chill!!!!

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Mmm... Nachos...

Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 am

I think I might go out to get some food tonight at Friendly's or something, alone. I know people that cannot do it, but it doesn't really bother me. Bring a good book.....it's cheaper :D

Particularly when my "friends" have had a tendency to "forget" :roll: our plans to do such things recently. I might not even bother telling them!

(I was supposed to go shopping with a friend yesterday, I send her a text message at 3:30 asking her if we were set for the 4 o'clock bus downtown. She replies "oh, oops I'm so sorry I forgot, I just left to go to the Holyoke mall with X and X) :roll: Sure, forgot, if she just said " My new best friend (that I claimed to hate 3 months ago) just got a brand new car and can drive me places you can't" I wouldn't have been offended, as opposed to "oops"
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby rowanberry » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:36 am

:hug: Lewie. Something like that really makes one wonder if people they call friends really do care about them at all. :(

:hug: Iris, hope you get well soon.

Mmm nachos.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Lewie, it's happened to me too. :hug:

Thanks, rowan. I'm feeling some better...I slept this afternoon for a while. Now I'm hungry. We had a family reunion today and I made it until about 2:30 before I went home. :)

<--Visiting the Arctic regions with the TVM!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Frelga » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Aw, Swordsman, that's harsh. There's nothing wrong with going out or shopping alone.

Well, my PCE seems to be cured. So who's next up for a party? :)

As for burger... because I tend to make turkey burgers, I add turmeric to them, for that appetizing golden color. Don't know if it would do squat for beef. I also pour a bit of beer in... practically everything that requires moisture, which my burgers do. Beer seems to enhance the taste and tenderize the meat.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby rowanberry » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 am

Frelga, your ideas for seasoning the turkey burgers sound good. Got to try the beer trick sometime. And, you've got a nice ship, BTW! ;)

Not too many people around, I wonder if they've all been cured of their PCE? :P

And, with this post, I've got ten to pass Klonkku.
rowanberry

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:06 am

Frelga wrote:Aw, Swordsman, that's harsh. There's nothing wrong with going out or shopping alone.

Well, my PCE seems to be cured. So who's next up for a party? :)

As for burger... because I tend to make turkey burgers, I add turmeric to them, for that appetizing golden color. Don't know if it would do squat for beef. I also pour a bit of beer in... practically everything that requires moisture, which my burgers do. Beer seems to enhance the taste and tenderize the meat.

Thanks for the idea, doesn't say it has to be with hamburg, so a turkey burger could work too! :)
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:12 am

Clearly Rowan's been cured of her PCE. :D I suspect people are passing me left and right now that I've all but vanished. Must.. stay.. on first.. page...

Awww, Lewie. I'll go shopping with you anytime! Just give me, you know, a lot of notice so I can get there on time. :D

Mmmmmmmm, burgers... :love: You guys are making me hungry! Sadly, I just pull the frozen turkey burger patty out of the freezer and toss it on the George Foreman. Perhaps once grad school is over (HA!) I'll have time to learn to cook more creatively. Either that, or whilst procrastinating. =:)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 am

GwenElf wrote:Clearly Rowan's been cured of her PCE. :D I suspect people are passing me left and right now that I've all but vanished. Must.. stay.. on first.. page...

Awww, Lewie. I'll go shopping with you anytime! Just give me, you know, a lot of notice so I can get there on time. :D

Mmmmmmmm, burgers... :love: You guys are making me hungry! Sadly, I just pull the frozen turkey burger patty out of the freezer and toss it on the George Foreman. Perhaps once grad school is over (HA!) I'll have time to learn to cook more creatively. Either that, or whilst procrastinating. =:)

Thats my way of cooking too, at least your in grad school, I still have to do it :D
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Fir-Bolg » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Burgers sound wonderful.

They'd be even better without the dead cow.

Mmmmmm... Vegeburgers! :twisted:
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:18 pm

There's a place down the street from me that makes an awesome "garden burger". Finely chopped veggies and otherwise made into a patty.. *drool* Darnit, now I want one!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Fir-Bolg » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:35 pm

GwenElf wrote:There's a place down the street from me that makes an awesome "garden burger". Finely chopped veggies and otherwise made into a patty.. *drool* Darnit, now I want one!
I bet down your street is going to be one lo-o-o-ng journey for me!

Have to stick to the local felafels!

Mmmm! Chickpeas....! :lol:
Fir-Bolg
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Falafel... *drool again* I've gotta stop reading this thread when I'm hungry!

So, Iris recently crossed the 13,000 threshold. That's a minor party, right? We could have one in here! Let's start with.. ice cream!

GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Erufailon.Atanvarno » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:26 pm

George Foremans are great!

We used to have the regular one, but now we got this new one where you can remove the plates and stick them in the dishwasher, and you also have the option of setting the temperature. Meat cooks so easily on this thing, and the hot sandwiches are to die for. :D
Erufailon.Atanvarno
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 am

Way to go Iris!! :yippie: :clap: :happydance:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 am

Wow, I hadn't even noticed! :D

Thanks guys! *swipes tear*

The PCE was raging last night...and I couldn't get on the internet because, apparently, our modem doesn't work anymore. :roll: I spent about an hour on the phone with the tech guy, whom I could barely understand :roll:, before that was determined.

*sigh*

But I'm here now! :twisted:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:26 am

Good day all you PCE heads!!! :D Thanks for keeping the home fires burning.

As many of you know on thread, this weekend I drove up to Seattle and met up with Luthy and Ugluk. Two of the most lovely people you ever want to spend time with. We had such a blast, laughing and eating and drinking and shopping and yes some gossiping, which is what we do at moots, no? :P Don't worry, you guys weren't talked about.....

MUCH!!!!! :twisted:

After a minor drivers door window incident that happened on the drive up, we met Luthy a bit after noon on Saturday and found our way to Pikes Market Place. This is a HUGE, fifteen block "thing" that also goes up several blocks, down to Peuget sound, and then up and own levels. For about five hours, we cruised this place and it is outstanding, everything and anything you want, you can find at Pikes, including the famous fish tossing place, which we were entertained by for at least a half hour.

It had been arranged, unknown to Luthy to celebrate her birthday at a restaurant right in the area, one block up from the center of the market, called Champaine Cafe, or so I thought, it is actually Cafe Campania, something like that.

Most who know me, know that I have been around this globe and to some pretty exotic places, lived all over the US and have been a foodie, well forever. I had one of the BEST food experiences of my LIFE at this place, I will put it all on the FOOD thread. ;)

After that, Luthy and Ugluk helped me locate a place to stay for the night and then we went back to Luthy's hotel and had a drink and I said good night. The next morning, we all met up and said goodbye to Ugluk and I took Luthy to the airport in time for her flight back home.

Luthy and Ugluk. Thank you for dragging me about with you on this little adventure, you are both precious people and I hope that we get the pleasure again and soon. I miss you both already. :hug:

So how was YOUR weekend?

Did I read we have another veghead on the boards? Fir-Bolg, Elsha is also a veghead and she posts her favorites on the FOODIES thread, if you are so inclined. However, it seems we talk food no matter where we are and just for the record, I eat anything that moves slow enough for me to put on my plate. ;)

:hihi: to all my PCE friends, hope you had a great weekend. Iris, Eru, Vanadarlin', Frelga lady, Lewie, TOOKS, Tyggies :heart: (will check for your mail), Rowanberry and Sil :P were your ears burning this weekend? :D

Iris, congrats on 13,000!!! But ya know ya still have ta post up. Keep going strong!!

:grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 am

Wow, what a weekend for you guys! :D

You mean, there's still more posting to be done? *dies*

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:41 am

....drove up to Seattle and met up with Luthy and Ugluk. Two of the most lovely people you ever want to spend time with.

Ugluk is a people???

;)

:D

The TVM needs to chill!!!!

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:43 am

Well, two elves and Uruk-hai descending on the area would be rather hard to explain to the local media...

:rofl:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:07 am

Me? Cured of my PCE? Says who?

:P

Congrats for 13,000, Iris! Only 2,000 to RingMarinership... And, Sil, that ice cream looks delicious! 8)

Rwhen, I'm glad you had a good time! And, I'm waiting to read about your great experience at that restaurant. :)

One burger chain here makes very good veggie burgers, too. That's what I usually have if I go there, I'm not too fond of beef in general.
rowanberry

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:43 am

Rwhen that sounds like you three had a great time this weekend. I am sorry that we were unable to join you but we had a great time where we were as well.

The weather was perfect for going on an outing in the woods. We had fun watching men in full armor and kids with wooden swords wanting to be like their dads. Ladies in their finery and shopping at the merchants row for medieval necessities. I found me the perfect over dress made of a green brocade with a burgundy under dress. It will work wonderfully for a gown for court before the Baron and Baroness or the King and Queen. The bodice laces and gives me a very nice figure without smooshing me into place. :D I will have to have it taken in as I lose more weight but that is so cool. :clap:

We got to walk everywhere and have even decided how we want to set up our camp site next year so that we have more space and can keep the vehicles with us. :thumbsup: I will however have to do more sewing to get some large banners for a fence made and Ryan will have to design the panels to support the banners. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 am

Sweet that you got a lovely dress and I agree, the weather could NOT have been better this weekend. A picture perfect day well DAYS actually. Could not have asked for better.

Happy that you had a great time at the SCA and something to look forward to for next year. ;)

143 for Vanadarlin' my SSOTH. :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ugluk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 am

Tookish_Traveler wrote:
....drove up to Seattle and met up with Luthy and Ugluk. Two of the most lovely people you ever want to spend time with.

Ugluk is a people???

With a sexy Australian accent, no less. :twisted:
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:05 am

For about a half hour and then I punched it out of him. :P

That was pretty funny, Ugluk.

So's ya know, Ugluk pretended to be an Ozzy. And had me goin' until he told the truth, then I bashed him. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:11 am

:roflmbo: I thought you knew where he was from Rwhen?? :shock:

OH Ugluk I could not believe you pulled that on her. How very funny!!! :roflmbo:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:34 am

I do know where he is from, knew it well. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't born in NZ or Aussie. When he answered the phone, the first thing I said was "Where are you from, I didn't know that you were from down under?" I was surprised to say the least, but hey like it matters, right?

Then we were getting ready to leave to find someone to fix my drivers window and he said "I think I need to tell you something."

:lmbo: I slugged him in the leg, several times as I recall. But we laughed.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

Now that is funny!!!! :roflmbo:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ugluk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:41 am

I was going to see how long I could keep it going, and I did for about half an hour, but it makes it really hard to keep conversation going. First you have to think of what you want to say, and then you have to think of how to say it. I'm not good enough at the Aussie accent to just like that without thinking. Yet.

So finally I decided that while it was certainly fun, I would rather just talk normally and have a good conversation, so I confessed.

I still consider it a rousing success, though.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive