The PCE thread - we're not just jam and Jerusalem!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby earendil81 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:Naw, I don't have PCE. Never. And you're right, Eari, it won't be long before I'm nipping at your heels. Can't wait to see your post in TEP. Sorry I missed you, Rwhen! See you Monday.

I won't begrudge you my friend, if only because you joined the boards some 7 months before I did ;) ;)

I do have JDE though now that I have seen the Evenstar... 2 years and more to go I shall be counting too. And I'll be a week from 31 years old when this happens :lol:... Not sure I am that much in a hurry then :lol:. So much can happen in the meantime; not making very much laid out plans but I do hope I will be a mother by then :D :D ;).

Back to my writing, I ended up watching a movie last night instead of doing my TEP homework :lol: :roll: ;)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby IsildursHeir » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Vanaladiel wrote:Poor Izzy you can join us. All you need to do is bring us unending sweets and drinks. :twisted:

Do you give back rubs hon??

Vana - Like I said, I will do whatever you need me too! =:)
IsildursHeir
Ringbearer

Postby elfshadow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:52 pm

IsildursHeir wrote:
Vanaladiel wrote:Poor Izzy you can join us. All you need to do is bring us unending sweets and drinks. :twisted:

Do you give back rubs hon??

Vana - Like I said, I will do whatever you need me too! =:)

If I were you I'd be careful making such a statement around here. Some of us might take you up on the offer. :angel:
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby IsildursHeir » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:17 pm

elfshadow wrote:If I were you I'd be careful making such a statement around here. Some of us might take you up on the offer. :angel:

I am on the verge of being frightened! :P
IsildursHeir
Ringbearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh, it was a crazy day today. People just don't have lives, so they spend their Saturday going to Wally World to shop till they drop. And it's enough to make me say bah humbug. Almost.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:19 am

We had the adoption group in today with dogs and cats. I tell you it is tough enough when it is all the people and the cats but the dogs kept barking and howling. I could not hear the customers to enter names or numbers in the register. I wanted to tell them to take the damn dogs outside so I could think and hear. :roll: Then some guy went to the register right behind me. I mean they are standing right behind me with these huge dogs and they get into a dog fight. I thought for sure I was going to get bit. I about climbed over my register to get away from them. I honestly was frightened about it. I have been bit by big dogs before and it is extremely painful.

then some folks came in with their small kids and just let them run loose. I wanted to scream. It was late and I was trying to get our latest sales tags up and the expired sales tags off but I was dodging kids. I tell you I wanted to hit something.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby drieske » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:38 am

Ah poor Vana :hug: Isn't there a line behind which customers are not allowed? Huge dogs and small kids. Dangerous combination :|

Morning everyone :grouphug: Old thread closed, new at page 3. Amazing speed :D

Went out for dinner last Friday with my Vman, our (combined) four kids and one girl friend. They've been eating kangaroo and frog legs plus lots of other stuff. I've been eating fish and grand dessert mmmm (plus some other stuff as well ;) ). It was a buffet where you could go back whenever you wanted. Very enjoyable.

After that we went to a bar. The bar 'De Bruine Pij' used to be a kind of rowdy biker bar. Well, not anymore. There were student groups with jackets and ties. :Q We went home shortly after that.

Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday. There might be some tree-decorating going on later today.
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 am

Wow, Vana, and I thought I had it bad. :shock: :hug: :grouphug:

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby heliona » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Wilko and I went to get my desks today. We managed to put one together, which now has the television on it. We moved furniture around to be able to fit the larger desk in the corner, and got all the pieces together. Only to discover that one foot for the desk and all the screw and little plugs are missing. I know that they were in a little bag in one of the desk drawers, but they aren't there any longer. :mad: So now the living room, which was tidy, looks like a bomb has hit it, and I shall have to go to the shop tomorrow to try and buy screws and plugs for the desk. Argh!!!

Oh, and we'd recorded a football (soccer) match today and are just settling down to watch it, when I was scrolling through my Facebook news page and the score was posted! :mad:

Also, I put an alarm on my new phone so that I don't forget when to put the pizza in the oven, only to discover (when I looked at the clock to see that the time had passed) that my phone makes the executive decision that you only want the alarm to go off during the week unless you specify otherwise! Argh again!! :mad:

:bang: I definitely feel like doing this right now!
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh helonia.. you sound like you're having a bad day. :( :hug:

For all of those who find this time of year hectic, try to take everything one moment at a time. :grouphug:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh Heliona hon. I totally understand hon. Alarms are such a tricky thing sometimes. :hug:

As to the line a customer must not cross. Well these stores are weird in my opinion. Each register faces the same way and are in a line . So the register behind me is right behind me and the customers there stand right by me. There is nothing separating us. My till opens and a customer could by all accounts reach over and grab my money if they so desired. I try to keep it a bit closed when I know there are customers behind me. But it is a weird set up in my book. Even the old Wally worlds had a counter that was basically three sides around the cashier. Where I am I have a counter in front of me and the till at an angle and that is it. No protection or security actually.

Dog and kids are allowed in the store. :roll: I don't mind it but please folks lets not bring 4 BIG dogs in together and expect to take them all through the register at once. I mean seriously!!! Other folks bring in their animals too so there is always the potential for a fight if you do not control your animal. I just don't want to be the injured party!!! Luckily I don't work the registers all the time so I am not faced with that very often. I had never seen that many big dogs brought in at once by someone either.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks. Yes, it was just a bad couple of hours, really. Now things are all right again - I don't stay mad at the world for long. :) (Besides, a cuddle from Wilko is all I need to cheer me up. :love:) :D;)
heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:15 pm

That is very good!!! :hug: Here's one from me too.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Ah, thank you. :) :hug: I can never have enough hugs. :)
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Me either sweetie!!! I am known for being a real life hugger too. Don't say anything but I have actually hugged Scribbles many times. :twisted:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:30 pm

:grouphug: for everyone!

and a :gropehug: just for the fun of it. :P

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks Iris I love to get your hugs!! :D Nothing like warm loving hugs on a day like today!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm

:grouphug: :hug: Here are some more. I am part bear anyway, so I'm a natural hugger.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 am

:hug: Back at ya you silly lovable huggable guy you!!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 am

Vanaladiel wrote:Me either sweetie!!! I am known for being a real life hugger too. Don't say anything but I have actually hugged Scribbles many times. :twisted:

I knew she was huggable, really. :twisted: ;)
heliona

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 am

Just as long as you're all doing the :grouphug: and not the other one.

:twisted:

:grouphug:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 am

Oh yes, I'd rather not try the other one on Scribbles. That really is asking for trouble! :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 am

sheesh.

What's with all the mushy girlie hugging stuff?

WHERE'S YOUR PCE, PEOPLE?????

:D
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:20 am

I'm a he,heliona. I might have to sing that Johnny Cash song. "My name is Sue! How do you do? Now you gonna die!" :P

PCE? Who's got PCE here?

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby heliona » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 am

Cock-Robin wrote:I'm a he,heliona.

I know you are ... did I say at some point you weren't? :?

I've got PCE - I'm two people and 4 posts away from the top of page 5. :D

heliona

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 am

Tookish_Traveler wrote:sheesh.

What's with all the mushy girlie hugging stuff?

WHERE'S YOUR PCE, PEOPLE?????

We're HUGGING our PCE!!!! Because we love it SO MUCH! :P

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 am

Oh, sorry. My bad. You were talking to Vana. It's just many times, people see the name Robin, and think I'm a she. It's OK.

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 am

:grouphug: to everyone, just to catch up.

So on Saturday I got the smallest tree you ever saw and it was already cut. We went to a tree farm and I wanted a Charlie Brown tree, but I didn't want to take one and chop it down, it was cool that they had one about two feet tall, so I got it. My brother got a BIG tree, but it is lovely.

Hello PCEheads!!

Welcome to IH on the PCE....I too want the 10 year thingie. Less than two years ta go. :whistle:

Hope your weekend got better heliona and Vanadarlin'!!

And Iris glad you had a great time out.

Drieske!! :hug: You too, fun fun fun for you. How is your headache? Back? Better?

CR? You have off today? WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

A Charlie Brown tree? That's cute. Ever watch that special closely? Every time you look at that tree, it has a different number of branches. I'd like a tree like that. :D

Here's another favorite carol of mine, rather two of them:

Caroling, Caroling/Carol of the Bells

Happy New Year!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am

Well this isn't the typical Charlie Brown tree. This tree is actually a perfect carbon copy of a BIG tree, but it is tiny. I bought these itty bitty ornaments that just sit on the branches, it is too small to really support anything much, but it sure smells good. :D

I think my favorite Carol is Silent Night. Always has been, it almost makes me cry when I hear it.

How are you today CR?
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive