Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Rose: Thanks! :hug:

Claritin puts me to sleep, unfortunately. Actually, most things do, except sudafed. I take one allegra every day, and Nasonex...but when times like today hit...when the pollen is especially high...it gets worse and I have to be more proactive.

And I sneeze a lot more.

Always...

"I'd rather kiss a Wookie..."

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Iris, Claratin puts you to sleep but Sudafed doesn't?? Odd. Although.. now the Sudafed isn't really sudafed...unless you ask for the stuff that is behind the counter...

helonia.. I have been working on trying to lose weight now for several weeks. Actually I started a couple of months ago but I got a very bad chest cold & it took me out of commission for over a month. No exercise, no will to 'diet'. But for about 3 or 4 weeks now I have been making sure I walk at least 10,000 steps a day at a good pace (that's about 5 miles) and I have been keeping a food diary of everything I eat. I am sure I have more weight to lose than you do.. and you are much younger than I am!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:21 pm

You're being proactive about it, Rose, which is a good thing. I am currently just talking about it. :D You probably get quite a bit of exercise in your garden, without thinking about it. :)

Well, I did start doing a bit more exercise, but then my knee went funny, so that stopped things for a while. My main thing is to really watch my portion sizes, and I've not been very good at doing that recently.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, it may be the encouragement I need to be more vigilant. For one thing, all my summer clothes barely fit me, if at all. :shock:
Image<-- Are you looking for me? It's Squirrel Month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:50 am

helonia, maybe try some Glucosamine.. or Glucosamine & Condroitin..for your knees. It takes a couple of weeks to work, but it really does help. Or too, maybe a knee brace.

It probably doesn't help (your diet) that you have a wonky schedule with the long hours you work. And so far, not too much garden work.. but that is coming up very quick!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:38 pm

I agree with Rose, try some Move Free or something with the Glucosamine, with either MSN or Chrondroitin. I found that it works for me as well. My knees are shot but the doctor does not want to replace them yet. Then give it some time. :D :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:34 am

My knee is fine for now. It gradually got better on its own. If it does go again, I'm not going to be fobbed off with Ibuprofen for a week, though. And taking something that eases the symptoms isn't going to help the diagnoses. I'm not one for taking medicine at all if I don't have to. :) But thank you for your concern - as I said, it is currently all right.

Personally, I much more worried about Wilko's knee. He has his MRI scan in just over a week, so hopefully that may answer some questions.

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:07 am

HHHHEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

How is everyone? Knees, weather, dieting?

All clear on the western front!!

:grouphug:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am

Hullo, rwhen!

It's raining here...the remnants of the storm that devastated the mid-West. *sigh*

Met the boyfriend's father and step-mom Saturday. And survived. They said I was very nice and good for him (meaning, I think, that maybe he won't pay that much attention to his "worthless" family. :roll:)

Always...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:15 am

Halllloooo da thread! :D

w00t Iris! Sounds like all went well :thumbsup:

Our weather is cool-ish but nice and sunny, bodes well for the fence work that is scheduled to begin tomorrow. ;) Wednesday however is forecast for rain, which is good for curing concrete, but crap for stringing chain link . . .

oh, and rwhennie, in case you missed it, here is your smiley sun. ;)

Diet? What is diet? Mine has been blown this week by Tim Tam slams . . . :whistle:

Later!!
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:41 am

You know what a diet is, don't you?

It's DIE with a T at the end!

:P

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:57 am

:lol: at Iris. Yep, that sounds about right. :D And congrats on it going well with the "in-laws". :)

:hihi: at rwhen and everyone else.

heliona

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

SilverScribe wrote:Diet? What is diet? Mine has been blown this week by Tim Tam slams . . . :whistle:

Later!!

:x

It's the fault of those Aussies!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The TVM brings you the letter G.

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:45 pm

helonia, just so you know, Glucosamine is a natural vitamin supplement--an amino sugar, it's not a traditional 'medicine'. It's made from crustacean exoskeletons.
Chondroitin is an important structural component of cartilage and provides much of its resistance to compression. (according to Wiki) I think Chondroitin is some type of protein or sugar/protein component... not sure on that one... and it is made from animal cartilage.

Hello to everyone else! Enjoy those Tim tams for me.. as I am on a diet.... :P
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm

RoseMorninStar wrote:Hello to everyone else! Enjoy those Tim tams for me.. as I am on a diet.... :P

Okay.

slams her last Tim Tam . . .

*sigh* Those are incredible . . . but i'm almost glad the packet is done . . . =:) now I have to add some workout time to slam off all the caloried I added to my diet this week . . . ;) :P:D

And before you ask/wonder . . . yes. It was worth every gram of sugar and fat.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 pm

I don't do diets. I only do Livits!! I mean Live It! If I can not eat and survive it every day for the rest of my life then it is not for me. I wont fight to lose the weight again if I can not find it satisfying enough to live with the rest of my life. ;)
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm

RoseMorninStar wrote:helonia, just so you know, Glucosamine is a natural vitamin supplement--an amino sugar, it's not a traditional 'medicine'. It's made from crustacean exoskeletons.
Chondroitin is an important structural component of cartilage and provides much of its resistance to compression. (according to Wiki) I think Chondroitin is some type of protein or sugar/protein component... not sure on that one... and it is made from animal cartilage.

I'm not sure that is encouraging me to take any! :shock: Crustacean exoskeletons and animal cartilage?! :shock:

Also, from what I can tell, those substances are actually on prescription here in Europe, as opposed to how it is in the US (although some online pharmacies seem to be selling it, which is rather confusing!). Wilko doesn't take anything/has been prescribed anything, so perhaps his problem wouldn't actually be helped by Glucosamine or Chrondroitin. *shrug* My knee's all right, now, anyway. I probably just accidentally twisted it whilst sitting strangely or something.

My "diet" consists of attempting to eat slightly less and get a bit more exercise. So far, it's sort of working. :D

heliona

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:11 am

HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Vanadarlin', I love that idea. The Livit!! I think I have read or heard that somewhere before, but it sure makes sense.

Scribbles, I am not sure if it is this thread or the "time" thread, but thanks for showing the picture of the smiling sun on your new cast. Get through this week and hopefully next week will see enough change to get something different going on.

Rose, I think that if it helps, take it!!

heliona. How is the job going? Did you get all the issues straightened out with your time off/training and such? Say a howdy to Wilko for us. :D

:hihi:

Iris, met the ol' in-laws to maybe be, eh? Always fun. :roll:

Hi Tooks. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:24 am

Livit. That's cute!

I was supposed to have jury duty today.. got all dressed up, went to the court house, and it was called off.

rwhen, I've been taking it for years and it helps.. A LOT. If I stop taking it, after a couple of weeks my one elbow becomes so painful I can't stand it. I must have destroyed the cartilage in it somehow.

:hihi: Hello to all!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 am

Haaalllloooooooo da thread!!

you're welcome rwhen . . . (I'll be putting up some more piccies later today.) ;)

Livit. LOL, I love it! My "diet" per se is not a rigid or regimented thing, but I am very concious of what is healthy eating and what is not. I mostly stick to really healthy stuff during the week and try very hard to get three workouts in a week, plus some biking in the summer. Sadly, my workouts are now limited by the cast, as is my biking (I can't shift the left gears or use the left brake) :roll:

Since i want to Livit up for a long time, I try to limit my food related naughtiness . . . which means no more Tim Tams for a while!

I've been taking Glucosimine Sulfate for a while now and I really, really notice the difference. I have a slightly arthritic hip (a heredity condition I got from my mom) that now doesn't trouble me one bit. ;)

:hihi: all ! Eeep, must get back to doing some work work!

rushes out . . .

SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 am

:clap: Love seeing the piccies. I saw that you had done more "scribbling" on your cast, but I only saw the one that you did on my behalf. :D How is the itching????

Rose/Scribbles - I am SO fortunate that with many other things to deal with, joint pain is NOT one of them. Sorry for BOTH of you, but glad there is something that can help.

:grouphug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:47 am

Hehehe, well, they don't call me "Scribbles" for nothin', ya know . . . ;) ;) I posted this in the TVM thread, but for those who venture in here, I'll repost for y'all:

So here's the last three in all their crowded glory . . . :)

We have a Chicken for Da Wench . . . which is not great, I had no room for her feet!! :( I also had to move Hiril's name and while correction tape looks great on paper . . .it's not so great on a yellowish cast . . . ;) *sigh*

And a Lil' Lion for Iris . . . sadly I could only manage a head shot; again, limited space being an issue.

And a light in dark places, a Candle for Morwenna . . .

I'll be getting some new "full cast" shots later. The overall effect is pretty cool . . . :)

Mmmm 15 minutes to lunch break . . . :P w00t!

SilverScribe

Postby rowanberry » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 am

HEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You know what?

We need a new thread for this, once again. 8)
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:05 pm

rowanberry wrote:HEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You know what?

We need a new thread for this, once again. 8)

Yes, hmmmm.... we are at that...

Scribbles! I love how colorful your cast is looking! How creative!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:11 pm

ssssssneaks in . . .

Thanks Rose. It's definitely not boring, LOL!! :)

So, time to move? Again? Already? Gadzooks, we're a buncha chatty cathy's. ;)

saunters off to find her pack . . .

SilverScribe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am

*barges in*

Hm. Nobody home.

*snags beer from fridge*

*flips on Firefly Marathon on the TV*

*puts feet up on coffee table*

*uses rwhen's credit card to order chinese takeout*

The TVM brings you the letter G.

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 am

rwhen wrote:
Iris, met the ol' in-laws to maybe be, eh? Always fun. :roll:

Oy. Vey.

Always...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:07 am

Moderators, please close at your convenience.

For everyone else, the new thread is open for business.

Thank you.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Previous

Return to The Library - General Archive