Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:06 am

saunters in with a Dwarven Marimba Band trailing in behind her . . . :D

That better? =:) :D

Soooo Haaalllooooo da thread!

Hmmm, where's our rwhen? :( LOLOL, THERE she is!! :hihi: Mom!!

I'm just having a bit o' brekkie before logging into work. Then, it's off to the hospital for more x-rays and a shiny new cast. Which, by this time in the two weeks, i'm soooo looking forward to since i get to scrub my arm and put some lotion on . ;)

It's a beeeeeeyooootiful, sparkling prairie morning here, the sky is blue and cloudless, the sun is warm and the breeze is cool and light. Perfect morning on the way to an un-seasonal high of 25C. :shock: We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow and Friday, and then drop to our more seasonal daily average of 14C. And man, do we NEED the rain.

Hope everyone has a good one! Later!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:14 am

Wow, I brought out all the happinin' crickets! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby heliona » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 am

I'm here, finally. :D Although I'm working tomorrow, so I probably won't be around then.

I'm loving all the spring photos in everyone's sig. I don't have any spring flowers yet (apart from my pansies). I suppose I could take a photo of them. :) I'm still waiting for my bulbs to spring up out of the ground. There are tiny little seedlings in the place where Wilko sowed some seeds. :D So hopefully there will be some flowers there in a couple of months. :)
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:33 am

Hellllloooooo the thread!!!! :clap: :hihi:

Nice to see everyone posting.

Scribbles love the Dwarven Marimba Band!!! :happydance:

And crickets, Iris that is wonderful!!! I get to listen to crickets all day at work since we have running wild through the store. I noticed it yesterday in the back of the store where I was working that we had a good sized one singing away under a shelf. :rofl: :D

Tooks are those dogwoods in your yard hon??? I enjoy the white ones too but I just love the pink varieties!!! :D :thumbsup:

I am loving all the beautiful flowers and blossoms too!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:49 am

:hihi: Hi all! I just thought I'd stop in before heading out to do the yardwork!

Enjoy your day!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:45 am

You too sweetie!!!! :hihi:

It is raining here so we wont be working in the garden today ourselves. :roll:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm

I'd kill for rain . . . well y'know . . . :D

And i'm just pea-green jealous at all you sprouting, planting, already-have-blossoms folks!! But i'm loving the pics nonetheless . . . :) Hmmm, which reminds me, I sae that my Pasque flower has bloomed, I should get a pic of that today . . . ;)

Well, have been there and back again ;) and today was good news!! The x-rays are showing some 'blurring' on either end of the fracture, so the doc is pleased and so am I! :yippie: Looks like some healing action has finally started, which according to the doc, is right on schedule for a scaphoid fracture. I had to have another cast today, but i'm not near as bummed about it since i'd rather not rush things and risk it never healing properly.

Sooo, I have another lovely new "blank canvas" y'all . . . ;)

LOL, it's almost tempting to start a "Decorate the Scribe's Cast" thread . . . :P

Nah.

Now I need to catch up on some work soooo . . . later!

SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:49 pm

ooooh.. that might be quite fun Scribbles! A cast decorating thread. Is this cast comfy? Is it cozy? How did it feel to clean, itch & lotion up your arm? Mighty good I bet.

It will likely freeze here again tonight.. and tomorrow night.. but no .. fluffy white stuff in the forecast .. so it's OK by me. Too early to be planting stuff though. I did put some left over basil seeds in an outdoor planter.. we will see if they sprout.

We could use the rain here too.. it's pretty dry... and I've got to put some grass seed down.

m'lady rwhen has been pretty scarce of late.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:50 pm

It's a mite blurry, but here's my Pasque Flower in all it's purple glory. :D The little violas are also blooming more and the little cherry bush, not to mention the rhubarb, are both off and running too. :D

Rose, the new cast is comfy enough. It's a tad tighter than the old one but no where near as bad as the one I had a couple of weeks back. And yes, it felt glorious to scrub and lotion that hand/arm! I'm glad I can do that every two weeks, otherwise i'd be going stir crazy. ;)

I have sooooo much gardening to do, and i just can't manage any real heavy work with this casted arm. *sigh* Now THAT'S driving me crazy!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Our violas are up too. And early tulips.. the primrose is up too now..

Scribbles.. your ground looks so very dry. And I thought ours was dry..
I hope your arm is better PDQ.. don't fret about the yard work.. I am wondering.. with us being gone so long early in the season.. just what I should bother to do now.. and what I should leave. It's too early to plant.. but it will be late when we get home.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 am

*wanders in*

*snags leftover pizza from the fridge*

Any beer in here?

What? It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

;)

July is PAR-TAY month!!! We celebrate the return of TORC!!!!111

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rwhen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:53 am

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

Everyone's pictures of flowers and blooms and trees and plants are so lovely. Thank you for sharing them, it is uplifting as it is 38 at the moment. ;) But we are headed to a lovely day, blue skies and around 60, rain moved on last night sometime.

I am well enough, but I have no choice but to attend to work matters this full week. I will be back next week like normal I suspect. I will say that the attention has been fruitful and just what we needed.

I am hoping that everyone is well and hey, it is almost Friday.

:hihi:

Vanadarlin' my SSOTH. Very sorry that I could not take the time to post yesterday. But you know I love ya. 143 :hug:

Rose, thank you for the shout out and also Scribbles, glad that you got the new cast and if I were to draw on it, I should fashion a warm smiling sun. :D

Hello to everyone, write with you soon.

Tooks, heliona, Iris, CR, Rowan. :grouphug:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:00 am

Howdy, howdy, howdy! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am

Helllooooo!

Rwhen! :hug:

We've had a cold and rainy day. :( Not that it would bother me, gardening time hasn't really begun yet, and there's a lot to do indoors. Like, posting on TORC and reading. :P

And, I had a dentist's appointment. Nothing wrong with my teeth, yay. :clap:
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:35 pm

ooo, good news on the dental front rowanberry! :thumbsup:

RoseMorninStar wrote:Scribbles.. your ground looks so very dry. And I thought ours was dry.

It is verrrry dry Rose, no doubt about it. But tonight, we are getting a sprinkle of rain, with a few showers forecast for tomorrow too. Which, if we get it, is just what we need. :)

I suppose i could have watered, but i just never seemed to think of it . . . :blush:

I guess i'm fretting about the gardening because of several things. First, we have this amazing, EARLY warmth, which is perfect for moving the things I need to move before they get too far sprouted. But alas, I can't really do any heavy digging with the cast, so stuff will get moved later and then, of course, go into shock. :(

And then there's all the early sales on perennials and garden bordering and stuff, which i can buy but not do anything with, LOL.

*sigh*

Just watch. next year i won't injure myself and winter will last until the end of May . . . :P:D

SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Aren't you afraid if you put something out now there would be a cold snap & it would kill it? Oh.. I suppose perennials would be OK. We have a large yard & I usually plant several flats of impatiens under the trees (in the shade) and they are very touchy .. even if it gets down to about 34F (about 1C)

Hey rwhen.. how are things going by you? Any let up in the workload yet?

It was sunny here, but the wind was cold. Still, I'll take a sunny day! :) Tomorrow may get up to 60F (15C) !!! And then.. two days of rain. Which is OK.. we need it, it's just too bad that it's coming on the weekend. :P
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am

RoseMorninStar wrote:Aren't you afraid if you put something out now there would be a cold snap & it would kill it? Oh.. I suppose perennials would be OK.

Oh definitely, no matter how early I buy stuff, I usually wait until the second or third weekend of May before planting anything out in the open. The weather forecast for this weekend has tonight possibly going down to -3C . . . :shock:

We got very light rain most of the night and into this morning. I'm hoping there's more on the way for today, but not too much longer. The Fence guys are supposed to be here Tuesday to begin replacing our blown-down section of fence ans too much rain means mud and no fence work . . . ;)

I think our rwhen is toast for this week . . . hopefully she'll be back in roarin' form next week. ;)

SilverScribe

Postby basil » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am

rowanberry wrote:We've had a cold and rainy day. :( Not that it would bother me, gardening time hasn't really begun yet, and there's a lot to do indoors. Like, posting on TORC and reading.

I can top that.

We had a thunderstorm roll through town Thursday AM, and it fried our modem.

Right through the so-called surge protector.

When I shake it, it rattles and little black bits fall out of it.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:16 pm

:shock:
You should have a funeral.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby oldtoby » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 pm

basil wrote:
rowanberry wrote:We've had a cold and rainy day. :( Not that it would bother me, gardening time hasn't really begun yet, and there's a lot to do indoors. Like, posting on TORC and reading.

I can top that.

We had a thunderstorm roll through town Thursday AM, and it fried our modem.

Right through the so-called surge protector.

When I shake it, it rattles and little black bits fall out of it.

b

According to my Dad (who does TV/electronics repair) surge protectors (at least the ones most folks have) arent designed to handle that big a surge and if theres a lightning strike close by...it may work, but more likely it won't.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:45 pm

At least it only fried the modem and not the computer.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:43 pm

oldtoby's right, most buy-for-the-home surge protectors (usually on those power bat thingies) aren't built to handle much more than a slight spike in the household current. Lightening packs a humongous whallop, whyenever we have a really big storm here, I just shut everything down and pull the power bar plug completely out of the wall socket.

Hope you can replace your modem without too much trouble, basil. :)

:hihi: Iris.

Our rain petered out and we had a lovely, sunny evening. But brrr, it's cooled down . . . hopefuly it won't freeze . . . :shock:

SilverScribe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 am

:hihi: scribbles. :)

Oh, the tree pollen is HIGH today...and I feel like crap. AND I'm supposed to meet Rob's dad tonight...feeling like crap. Ugh.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 am

Ah darlin, you have my undying sympathy for your allergies. :( Do you feel like crap because of the high pollen, or in addition to it?

Hopefully by this evening, you'll feel less like crap? . . . sends non-crap good vibes and healing thoughts Iris's way . . . :)

Well, it didn't freeze last night, but got down to 1C. Which, in light of our past week of mid-to-high 20's, is drfinitely on the coolish side. And today is cloudy, cool and unsettled, so it's dryer day for the laundry. No genuine Outdoor Fresh today . . . ah well.

Oh, and I started my day with a Tim Tam Slam. OH. MY. GOD. Absolute PARADISE. and highly addictive, I can see that now . . .

*sigh*

Have a great Saturday all!

SilverScribe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:46 am

Feeling like crap because of the allergies. Feeling better now...the stuff I took kicked in. Whew! I'm going to take more in a little bit...keep it in the system and all that. Zicam makes allergy medicine now. I thought I was buying cold medicine (thought I was getting a cold on Sunday and Zicam will stop it in it's tracks) and got the allergy stuff instead. Works nice.

I could stand the good vibes. I'm trying really hard not to be nervous...I'll wait until about an hour before and then get nervous! :P

What's a Tim Tam Slam?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 am

IrisBrandybuck wrote:What's a Tim Tam Slam?

Sorry for the lousy quality, but here's a TV Talk show demo of a Tim Tam Slam. I tried it with coffee today, but since the biscuits are so sweet, I may try it with tea tomorrow. ;) But this is definitely a slice of heaven . . . ;)

Glad to hear the allergy meds are helping. I really feel for anyone with allergies, especially airborne ones, they can make Spring less than enjoyable . . . And do try to relax tonight and just be yourself. I'm sure Rob's dad will be enchanted. ;) :thumbsup:

SilverScribe

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:10 am

As long as the son is enchanted, I'm not too worried about the father. I just know he doesn't treat his family very well, and always has something mean to say about other people, so that makes me nervous.

Maybe I'll pretend I have a pet Balrog. :twisted:

IrisBrandybuck

Postby heliona » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:47 am

Good luck with the meeting of the father, Iris. I'm sure it'll all work out all right in the end, though. :)

Cadbury's fingers are good for slamming with tea. Incredibly addictive. :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am

Iris, if you know that going in (that he doesn't treat people well & often has nasty things to say) that is most of the battle. Just let it roll off your back. Do you take Claratin or something like that for allergies? I know that works well for my daughter, without drowziness.

That Tim-Tam Slam looks absolutely sinful! I don't know if they have those at World Market.. but I'm staying away from such delights until I've lost more weight.. so it's best I know not what I am missing. :P

Oooh.. looks like I cross-posted with you helonia! I know they have Cadbury fingers at World market...
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:59 am

Rose, yes, I know how you feel. I haven't had any Cadbury's fingers in a while, and have to resist them. Still not managed to lose any weight, but then again, I'm not trying very hard. :D

Seeing as summer is just around the corner, I really should do.

heliona

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive