Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby heliona » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 am

Rose, we can't see the ash, it is far too high up to be actually visible. But flights are still cancelled left, right, and centre. Luckily, I'm not planning on flying anywhere soon, but some people are meant to be visiting my parents shortly, and then my parents are flying back to the UK in a couple of weeks - hopefully it'll all be gone by then.

About my job, no, nothing like that. (And if I was moving to a new job, then I'd be the one to give notice and skedaddle - my boss couldn't do anything about it. :D) We work in a shift pattern, with 4 groups of people working a 12 hour shift and then being relieved by the next group. The groups are called "watches." I have been on "B Watch" but due to someone going on maternity leave, there is a bit of a shuffle (which has been made into a great big palavar as though it was a complete surprise :roll) and I am being "asked" to move onto "A Watch". Contractually, we have to be given 30 days' notice of any intention to move us, probably so that we can organise things - as obviously we arrange things on our days off which if we move watches, then we don't have the same days off anymore. But my boss is making out that this all has to be done in a hurry and wanted me to move immediately - despite twice stating before that everyone would be given 30 days' notice and the fact that I've got my exams in 4 weeks' time. :bang: Anyway, he was a plonker about it and basically gave me an ultimatum of either moving immediately or taking the 30 days' notice. I was prepared to negotiate, but wasn't given the option. And then he went and wrote an email that implied I was being uncooperative. :mad: So I wrote an email to the recipients telling them the truth, just in case later on someone tries to claim I had been uncooperative.

Does that help, Rose? :D (Oh, and I answered your question on the "Why You Are Who You Are" thread, by the way.)
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rowanberry » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 am

Heliona, it's good that you got your work things arranged in some way. Do you get rid of that incompetent boss when you move to the other watch, or do you still have to stand him?

I got an early Mothers' Day present from the older daughter. Last Saturday and today, she was on a class for making facial moisturisers at home. On the first day, they made lighter cremes more suitable for young skin, but today, they made some richer ones. So, I got two small pots of moisturising creme, as heavenly scented as anything you get from Lush. :D
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby vison » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:45 am

RoseMorninStar wrote:Sounds good vison.. I wouldn't impose without an invite. :) As a very rough estimate.. we will probably be in your area around.. June 7th.

June 7th or any other day would be perfect. :)
GM is alive.

Osama bin Laden is dead.
vison
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 am

Rose, hubby has agreed to map out a route or 6 for you folks. But it's currently a gorgeous day, the sun is out, it's warm and the Mustang is snorting in the garage . . . ;)

I'll be back later to catch up . . . ;)

:D:D:D

. . . zzzzzzooooommmmmm. . .
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 pm

rowanberry wrote:Heliona, it's good that you got your work things arranged in some way. Do you get rid of that incompetent boss when you move to the other watch, or do you still have to stand him?

Sadly I get to keep him. He's not my direct line manager, the manager above that, so I don't actually work with him on the 12 hour shifts, thank goodness. :D Still, everyone sympathises with me, because they know what he is like, so at least I know people believe me. :D

rowanberry wrote:I got an early Mothers' Day present from the older daughter. Last Saturday and today, she was on a class for making facial moisturisers at home. On the first day, they made lighter cremes more suitable for young skin, but today, they made some richer ones. So, I got two small pots of moisturising creme, as heavenly scented as anything you get from Lush. :D

Ooh, homemade comestics. Lovely. :love:
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Scribbles go let your Horses loose and let her run free. Enjoy the ride and come back soon!!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Roarin' horses! Ahahahaha. Scribbles.. don't make your hubby go through too much work! We have actually been giving serious thought to taking #1 (in Canada) out of Vancouver (after visiting Eru) ... that, I think, would take us close to vison.. and then get on #3... if that road is good.. all the way to Christina Lake, since you recommend it.. and then somehow make our way to Glacier National Park.

I still have to send out signals to see if anyone else wants to get together.. rwhen of course.. but I am not sure about people in the California area.. Unfortunately Scribbles, you are too far north for this trip.. but someday I intend to go to Banff..

helonia, thanks for the explanation. I hope it all works out for you.. but yeah.. it sounds like your manager is a bit short-sighted. Pregnancies don't come up out of the blue overnight..

vison.. I'll contact you before we leave.. exchange #'s & such, and we will call when we get into the Vancouver area.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Its too bad I can not cross over into Canada or I would come to BC to meet you too darlin. I am only an hour and a half south of Eru but without a passport or enhanced drivers license I can not cross over the border. :(

Maybe another time when you actually come into the State of Washington then I can meet you darlin. :D

I hope your trip is a very memorable one!!! :thumbsup:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:50 pm

I thought that Rose was going to be passing through Washington on her way from San Fran to Vancouver? :?
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:02 am

Is she??? :shock: I had asked her if she was going by and she told me that she wished she could so I don't know. I mean I am right on the main road (I-5) through Washington to BC. I hope she does cause I would love to see her. Even if it is her just stopping in at my job on her way through to say "HI"!! My job is right by the freeway. :D She will see my place as she goes by if that is her route.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Wonderful sig pic, Vana! Although it looks like the fish is sleeping on top of the castle. ;D
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1320/1 ... 474091.jpg

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Nope just swimming by!!! :P Here's another view of him Lording over his castle.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Well, this is how things are playing out so far... We are HOPING to have 3-4 weeks for vacation, but we are not certain yet if our daughter (Mica~Lynn) will get a job she applied for.. so in part we are waiting to hear back. The job outcome may change our plans a bit, so we didn't want to make too many definite plans until we knew for sure how much time we would have.

We had hoped to 'm00t' with a bunch of people in one or two spots because trying to meet up separately with everyone might take more time than we have. Originally we had hoped to meet up with rwhen in San Francisco because she was going to be there at the same time we were, but that doesn't look like it's going to work for her anymore. Then.. we were going to 'M00t' when Scribbles was going to be in Washington State (maybe at Chililicious or something) but she cannot go on vacation until fall and that doesn't work for us. :(

We will be driving 6,000 miles, at least, on this trip. That is a LOT of driving. And we only have so much time to do it in. It is a family vacation, and we have plans to see Yosemite, The Redwoods, San Francisco, Crater lake, Napa valley, Olympic National park/rainforest, Seattle, Vancouver, BC, maybe Christina Lake, and Glacier National Park. Among a few other places. That is a LOT of ground to cover. I suppose we'll know more as the time gets closer. We do plan to spend a day or two by rwhen.. and we will be in Olympia National park for a day or two. Then Seattle, at least, we HOPE to have the time to make it that far north. As of the moment.. we ARE hoping to make it all the way to Vancouver, BC.. and, as we have mooted with vison before, we hope to stop by her place on our way home. But.. there might be a few other short stops.. or maybe a dinner 'm00t' at Chililicious??
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 am

HHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOO the house!!

Busy weekend for posting. Good to see it.

Heliona, glad you got it all sorted with the boss, but too bad that he didn't want to even talk about it. Bosses!!!!!

Rose, whatever you decide, I know that we will all do our best to work around YOUR schedule. Vana is only a bit more than an hour from Seattle, but her days are limited to when she can get away, pretty much only a Wednesday or a Sunday. But she is right, you have to go right by her to get to Vancouver, BC. ;)

Still, there are so many things on your agenda and they all can be done with the planning you are doing.

Hi Vison. :hihi:

Vanadarlin', how was your weekend? The birthday for Guru? Meeting with the family? :hug:

Scribbles...zoom zoom zoom, hope you enjoyed the lovely weather and the prancing about.

:hihi:

Laters.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 am

staggers in . . .

Haaallllllooooo da thread . . .

Reader's digest Version:

Weekend was busy, busy, busy . . . :shock:

Zooming was wonderful. ;)

Second Annual car club Fund Raiser went off pretty well. :o

Managed some gardening on weekend :thumbsup: but got cast very dirty. I doubt they'll let me keep it now . . . *sigh*

Exhausted.

I'll catch up later . . .

staggers out . . .

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am

hallo!

halloooo?

Anybody home?

:P

*sneaks rwhen's credit card and orders some pizza*

Testing imgur! Cute meeces! :D

July is PAR-TAY month!!! We celebrate the return of TORC!!!!111

:D

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 am

ooooooooooooh.. pizza..

*snatches a piece*
:twisted:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm

We had a great time at Ryan's mom's house. Not as restful as any visit could be. I just don't sleep well if I am not in my own bed. :D

Ate way too well over the weekend!! His sister tried out some new camping recipes on us. Very very good!!! :P

Got home and the cat started driving us nuts. She ate three days worth of food in less then two days. :roll: So she spent all night trying to get me to get up and feed her. :angry: Tonight she will take flying lessons in the dark if she tries that again. I will even lock her out of the bedroom. She kept climbing on top of me and yowling. Not going to happen tonight if she wants to live beyond tonight.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Oh dear, it's a cat fight! :shock:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:01 pm

:roflmbo: Not a cat fight but a cat's final flight if she doesn't behave tonight. :D
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby basil » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 am

Vanaladiel wrote:She will see my place as she goes by if that is her route.

You any good with a strong lasso?

Mebbe you can snag her as she goes by.

:wink:

b
basil
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 am

Ah, the contest of wills between mom and the toddler. ;)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:15 am

What the hey?

Nobody is ever here when I have a few minutes at lunchtime.

*sob*

Testing imgur! Cute meeces! :D

July is PAR-TAY month!!! We celebrate the return of TORC!!!!111

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:17 am

Awwww.....I'm here, but I gotta go do some things.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:20 am

Hello Tooksey! :hug: I is here. I 'hides' though, because I tend to leave this page up.. and walk away.. sometimes for hours.. and then people think I am just not responding to them..
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 am

LOL Vana, China sure knows how to do that "poor abandoned kitty that hasn't got anything to eat for a week..." thing. :D Tough, of course, it isn't so funny when she demands food in the middle of the night.

But, I believe you've seen the Simon's Cat animations?
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Oh yes I have!!! I love Simon's Cat!!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:58 am

Quiet around here...

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:02 am

Nobody here but us crickets.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 am

HHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOO the house!!!

I have been very busy as of late with work, but today should see the best of it behind me. Hope all are well and look forward to posting up with you all again.

:hihi:

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive