Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Postby rwhen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am

The keys jingle jangle on the very large brass ring that unlocks the massive oaken door that serves as the entrance to all of the many and varied rooms of TORC. Squeaking and creaking the door reveals darkness on the other side of the threshold. The long corridor that leads to each dormitory of fun and debate echos with the stacatto clicking of one lone poster slowly making their way down into the center of it all. The rotunda. "Hello?" No reply awaits the hungry traveler. "Hello? Is there anyone here?" The voice falls into the void.

HEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well lads and lasses, let us do it all over again and see how many times we are alone on forum or messageboard.

Come on in, and see if you can find the light switch.

And once you do, your turn to put the decorations on the tree!!

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 am

Hi, Rwhen, and the new thread looks good.

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 am

bah!

Made it as #3 anyway.

November is critter month on the TVM. These are cute ones...for now.

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am

*comes in, dragging a huge box of Christmas decorations*

OK, where's the tree?
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 am

OH! OH! I'm here!! Nice new place you have here rwhennie.
*Rosie hangs some handmade ornaments on the tree*

Sorry to confuse you folks.. I am not sick.. just busy & a bit tired. But it is a good busy. If I were more organized and used my time better.. I would be in fine shape!

:hihi: to everyone!

Hmmm.... FedEx just delivered a package.. I wonder who that could be from?

RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 am

Those ornaments are lovely, Rose! Did you make them yourself?

Rwhen, I actually remember only one Christmas when my mom worked evening shift on Christmas Eve and morning shift on Christmas Day, and stayed at the hospital for the night between, and that happened in my teens. That year, we celebrated on Christmas Day instead of Christmas Eve.
rowanberry

Postby rwhen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:46 am

See Scribbles, tree below. :D

Hopefully that is not too large, I will check and edit if it is...

But THERE is the tree, Rowan. That is great then that you didn't miss that many Christmas' with your mother.

and Rose, beautiful handmade ornaments. I wonder who sent you something FedX? What could it be?

Tooks, at least you made it and may I say that I have been admiring your siggie with all the different ways to celebrate Christmas. :D

CR, you were first on thread!! That give you something, how about a cookie?

Snickerdoodles

:hihi:
Last edited by rwhen on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am

Mmmmm....I love those. Thanks.

Cuuuuute!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rowanberry » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 pm

*snatches a snickerdoodle* Mmm, good. Thanks.

*starts wrapping gold and silver garlands around the tree*
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry

Postby basil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:30 pm

rowanberry wrote:Those ornaments are lovely, Rose!

I have the Star!

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/ ... a850wp.jpg

And I got a lovely card a few days ago from someone very lovely with slightly strange handwriting.

:)

b
Last edited by basil on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basil
Mariner

Postby Lanastus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:31 pm

*comes into admire the shiney new thread, and looks for a place to hang his mistletoe*

Don't you just love that new thread smell?
Lanastus
Shield Bearer

Postby basil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm

**Inhales deeply.**

Mebbe we can get some canned evergreen spray spritzing here and there.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Oh... sorry, no, *I* did not make those ornaments (Rosie hobbit did) ;) I have made similar ornaments, but I do not have photos of them on my computer ready to post.. so .. I got those from a quaint little place called 'photobucket' :thumbsup:

Yes rwhen.. I WONDER where that package came from.... hmmmm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:23 pm

checks tree

Yep mom, at 500 x 500 pixels, it's gonna get unwanted TPTB attention . . . ;) :D

Here's a re-sized version:

rummages through her pack and pulls out a few things for the new thread . . . goes to the front door and hangs a Holiday Wreath. Then decorates the stairway to the upstairs and finishes with hanging a few Christmas Stars from the light sconces . . .

Just a few somethings to get the thread into Holiday Shape . . . ;)

Rose, *whew*, glad to hear you're not sick, just busy, busy, busy. Don't forget to get some rest between all the hectivity!

Our Feast of Nations potluck was a smashing success . . . but I'm so full now all I want to do is finish my Vanilla Chai tea and have a looong nap . . . probably not a smart, career-enhancing move though, LOL.

Later!

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks Scribbles, I removed my tree and referred lookie lous to check out your tree. :D Oh and I don't need TPTB to be on me, I already got a smack from Hobbi yesterday for being off topic in a thread. I never learn.

Everyone, all the lovely decorations look so nice. Thank you for helping out to make the place festivus for the rest of us.

What sort of food did they have Scribbles?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:31 pm

*rushes in late*

Oh well, at least I'm still on the first page. :)

Well, we had snow. Quite a bit, actually. I had to clear almost 2 inches off my car this afternoon when leaving for work. (And I realise that's nothing for you North Americans, but it's quite a lot for us over here. Especially when that was a "light snow shower".) It had stopped snowing in the afternoon and nothing was on the ground, then I looked out the window about half an hour before I normally pop in the shower and the ground was covered in a blanket! :shock: I left half an hour early so I could clear the car and still get to work on time. And the forecast for the next week for my area is for the temperature to not get above freezing and for more snow.

Still, I'm not complaining too much. After all, it is winter, and if it wasn't cold and snowing occasionally, it'd be warmer and absolutely chucking it down with rain! And we've had a lot of rain! It's nice to have a change! :D
Image<-- Cute Border Collie puppy for Cute animal month in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:15 pm

rwhen wrote:What sort of food did they have Scribbles?

You name it, we had it. Let's see if I can do my "kim's game" routine, close my eyes and try to remember it all . . . it all started with Egg Drop and Seafood Soup, then there were shrimp dumplings, broccolli slaw, samosas (with HOT sauce on the side), sticky rice, baked tortellini cassarole, pork satay sticks, beef bourguignon, a Phillipine Chicken dish, Devilled Eggs with homemade mayonaisse, little sweet n sour meatballs, Hot n Dry Chicken, Curried Cauliflower/Brocolli cassarole (mine), deep fried Spring Rolls, more sticky rice, Greek Salad, ChickPea Salad . . . and I'm sure I've missed a few dishes . . . For dessert, there was a tray of 3 different kinds of cheesecake cubes - strawberry swirl, chocolate chip/walnut and plain, then there was this ice-cream/chocolate dessert thing called Holy Sh*t (seriously, that's what the guy said it was called), a Poppyseed Streusel and a HUGE sponge/strawberry/kiwi cream cake. And we put enough left over food into the fridge that tomorrow, folks will be helping themselves again, LOL. :)

Just thinking of it makes me feel full all over again, I came home and didn't eat dinner at all. Just made myself some tea after doing a bunch of chores. ;)

2 inches of snow is just about the right amount, heliona. Enough to make everything white and pretty, but not enough to break your back when shovelling. ;)

We finally rose out of that wretched deep freeze. :D It got up to a balmy +2C today! We might see a bit of snow tomorrow our ownselves, but it's not supposed to be a lot. Which is good, because I'm already sick of shovelling great mounds of the stuff . . . ;)

SilverScribe

Postby heliona » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Yes, I wasn't complaining when I went outside to that much snow.

And something is wrong with the world when you are having higher temperatures than I am! It's not going get above freezing all week here! Brr! Boy am I glad I got the heater on my car fixed when I did! :D

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:28 pm

LOL! Oh don't worry, our warmish spell won't last. The rest of this week ranges from -4C for tomorrow to -14C for next Friday. But I'll take that over -26C any day!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby heliona » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Good to know. :D

I don't actually mind it being cold - that much. It is better when you don't have to drive anywhere and can just wander around in the house or tromp through the snow in your winter boots (mine are proper boots from Maine, so they'll easily cope with anything the British weather throws at them!). :)

heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Did I make it in on the first page still?? I wont know till it posts but I sure hope so.

The decorations are absolutely lovely everyone!! Nice job there decorating the stairway. Very pretty!!!

So how was everyones day. Mine went pretty fast but I am still tired. Tomorrow I do not have to go to jury duty and my daughter is coming in town. I cant wait. I will get off work early to spend some time with her while she is here. We plan on going out to dinner and then doing some gift giving to the grand kids.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:15 am

Well, as I was on night shift, my day is just starting, sort of. :)

I managed to get home in one piece this morning, although my car didn't make it to the house. As I attempted the drive up the hill, I got as far as the first speed bump (stupid thing!) when my tyres began spinning. The joys of having a front-wheel drive car in snow! As the side roads to my house are minor roads, they aren't salted/gritted and at 7 in the morning one other person had driven on them. I didn't get very far and I knew there was no way I'd make it to the house, so I parked on a side road, put on my winter boots that I'd put in the car for such an eventuality and tromped up to the house.

Now it's a couple of hours later, the snow is coming down thick and fast without a breath of wind and I'd say we've got 2-3 inches of snow lying on the ground. ... Actually, I've just looked out the window and the snow has stopped. The sun is out, but as the temperature is not due to get above freezing, there'll probably be 3 inches of snow all day. I'm meant to be going to work this afternoon. :shock: I'm not entirely sure my car will be going anywhere. I did let my boss know when I got home this morning that I may not make it!

So my day will be spent sleeping and worrying about the snow. :roll: :D

heliona

Postby oldtoby » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 am

joys of having a front-wheel drive car in snow!

Thats better than having a rear wheel drive car, then you'd really have some fun.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:48 am

Right now I'd rather have a four wheel drive! It turns out that I'm not going to work. I tried to move my car from where I left it and got stuck halfway across the road, spanning it! I had to employ the help of two passing elderly gentlemen for a push and even then it took a while! So after finally managing to get my car safely into my drive and away from all other cars, I'm not taking it out again! It's annoying because the main road is tantalisingly near and completely clear!

But the temperature is still below freezing and the sun's getting below the hill now, so it'll get colder quickly. Also we are forecast snow for the whole weekend, so I might not have been able to get home at all tomorrow morning. A day off then! I do feel guiltly, though. We were going to be short-handed anyway, even if I'd made it in. Luckily, I told my boss I might not make it in as soon as I got home this morning after all my trouble, and she's managed to get someone else to cover for me.

It is gorgeous out there, though. Just as long as you don't want to drive! :lol:

heliona

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 am

heliona, so the snow finally showed up, eh? And a day off to admire it ta boot. Don't feel guilty about it. There is nothing to be done now, so try to enjoy the day. :D

I am predicting that we will get snow for Christmas. They are calling for rain right up until Wednesday when it will clear off and da da daaaaaaaaaah, the temps drop down again, below freezing, so any moisture in Thursday or Friday and SNOW.

I don't really want to see that much, but a nice dusting for Christmas day would be lovely actually.

:hihi: HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!! on this FRIDAY.

I finally got my car back in working order. Cross fingers that it stays that way and did the errands I needed to do last night, SO cards go out today. It will feel good to finally get them in the mail.

Thank you to everyone who sent cards, I have about 20 so far and it is lovely to get cards from all over the globe. I LOVE it. So thank you so very much.

Scribbles, that is SOME spread. Varying and exotic dishes, no wonder you had no supper. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:51 am

Well, I don't feel hugely guilty! :D Just a little bit. :)

I did intend making use of the time off to tidy the house and finally move some boxes up into the loft. However, I'm somehow on the internet. :D (I'm also on the new desktop, which is lightning fast! :))

The heating hasn't come on yet, so I'm currently freezing. I might wait until the heating comes on to get productive. ;)

heliona

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:41 am

Good reasoning, heliona. :D Must have heat. If it is that cold, why isn't the heat on already? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Isn't it excellent to have a new puter and it is FAST? Sweet!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 am

Sorry to hear that your car is stuck due to the snow Heliona. I prefer a rear wheel drive car. That is how I drove for years and years. I grew up and learned to drive where we would get three feet of snow all winter long. Sometimes more. I only had rear wheel drive so you learn all the tricks. Now the front wheel drives scare me to death cause I end up doing a 360 in the middle of a busy street. Damn that scares one near to death!! I loved my four wheel drive even better but now I just have my truck with rear wheel drive. I have added weight to the back for winter and now I get about just fine.

I am loving our weather right now. Not to cold and no snow!! Just the way I likes it!! I wouldn't mind if we did not get any snow for Christmas but a light dusting would be pretty I must confess.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:17 am

:hug: *glomps on Vanadarlin'*

So good that you don't have jury duty after all my friend. :D Great to see you. I don't know that we will get any snow, but I was thinking that it could be sort of magical to just have a dusting for Christmas day. But so far they are not calling for it. :D

What time do you go in?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:30 am

I have to be at work by 11:30am. :P I want to go to bed and just sleep! Have been doing house work each night after my long days at work and I am worn out but I don't sleep well. :P Figures!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Next

Return to The Library - General Archive