Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby rwhen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh I would imagine that he WILL survive. :D

Sorry had to scoot off for a bit. Our business lines are down and I have all calls forwarded to my cell phone, which doesn't get the greatest reception out here in the sticks, so I have to walk to the end of the driveway to get cells again. :roll:

A bit more than an hour left at work today, so I will also survive. :D

:hug:

*checks for sharp objects on the thread*
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Entmooting » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Hah! But you didn't remove the bockwurst. It may take some time, but repeated blows from a very blunt instrument must eventually do some damage..

Right?
:lightning:
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:29 pm

:roflmbo: Oh you are so determined aren't you Mooty?? Well forget it!! You will get hungry before you can hurt yourself with that. :P
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Entmooting » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 pm

You have heard of the fabled Chinese Water Torture? The slow drip... drip... drip... of water droplets on the forehead? After an eternity, the pain is excrutiating!

Well, mine is a bockwurst on a spring, and after a while...

IT WILL FREE MY MIND OF THAT BLINKIN' MECHANICAL BUDGIE!!!!

Free at last.... :lol:
Entmooting
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Or so you think but see you are still thinking of that mechanical owl from CoT!!!

IT IS HAUNTING YOU!!!!!!! Mua hahahahahah!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm

strings her Elven longbow, nocks an arrow, draws and shoots the Mock Owl dead . . .

:D:D:D

*sigh* Well, I left the house at 9:25 am and got back home at 1:30 pm. Though cutting the cast off and getting x-rays went fast, everything after that dragged slower than a frozen turtle in a tar sand. :roll:

I arrived back at the cast clinic at 11:05 am to an entirely EMPTY waiting room and STILL I waited for nearly 40 minutes, while a fellow that came in after me, went in before me. Their excuse? They ALL went for early an lunch. God preserve us all . . .

But at least it's done, for another two weeks anyway. :P

SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

rwhen, Scribbles & Rowanberry.. thank you for commiserating with me on the school board election. I am sure the current administration & school board are well aware of the negative effect these two people will have on the school board because they (who are part of a group) have brought several lawsuits against the public schools & public library & town over the past several years. This group (who home-schooled their children & have no interest in seeing the public schools thrive) Want the schools to get back to 'the 3-R's'... reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic. They don't believe in science, arts, music, advanced classes, etc... 'waste of the tax payers money'. I don't want to hear them whine when China & India take us over in technology. It's only people like them to blame who think education beyond the basics is necessary.

Sorry to be so down.. I'm just bummed. :(
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 am

Bubo? But...but...he's so CUTE!!!

*runs away very fast*

:rofl:

Rose: :hug:

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 am

*walks in and sees the dead Bubo*

Nice work Scribbles!! Two weeks? You will do that standing on your head. Then hopefully FREEEEEDOOOOOMMMMM!!!! :D

Rose :hug: Don't really know what to say. Terrible place to live where that sort of thing goes on and there is nothing to do about it. I believe that you and those of your mind are out numbered.

Okay, it is Thursday...

HHHEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Raining, cold, windy and at least I will be inside all day today. We got back two of our phone lines, one is still out. That will be a call first thing to the carrier.

And other than that, it is too early to be thinking straight. :D:D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 am

Rose darlin', it's perfectly understandable to be so bummed. I can understand your frustration, as I'm sure we all can. Sometimes, no matter how hard you work to prevent what you know will be a disaster, a buncha not-so-observant folks manage to crush all your efforts. It can be maddening, but you know this is a gooood place to come and let off steam. We all have willing ears and broad shoulders. :D

Haallllooooo da thread!!

Well, I survived the night with the tighter cast. Only one thing really bugs me, the tech didn't leave enough padding on the palm at the upper edge, so the stupid fibreglass edge digs into my palm. :roll: Why do i get the feeling that the cast tech has never had to actually WEAR one of this creations . . . So I fixed it with a telfa pad, it's just too much hassle to go to the hospital and have it changed. I'll survive but next time, if it's not Frank doing the cast, I'll make sure they leave some padding. ;)

I agree rwhen it's too early to be more coherent . . . is it Friday yet? :P

Last edited by SilverScribe on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:33 am

Scribbles.. :hug: I really cannot imagine.. and I don't ever WANT to do more than have to imagine. I am sure I would go insane.. er.

Thanks for the concern peoples. I just read all of the gloating in the paper from these self-proclaimed 'conservatives'. Disgusting. The school board isn't.. or shouldn't be about politics.. but they polarized it that way. What people do not realize is what they are getting isn't necessarily fiscal conservatives, but people who do not believe in a public school for everyone. *shrugs* I have to try & let it go.

We had snow last night. Not much.. it looks very pretty on all of the very bright new green of the buds & grass. I hope it did not kill any of the blooms that have just peeked their way out of the dormant earth.

Rwhen.. sorry to hear that it is cold & rainy. I hope you do not have to go outside to make phone calls! :shock:
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 am

"Conservatives"? I'd call them "reactionary"... :roll:

And, we got a small flurry of snow a couple of days ago as well. It melted as soon as it hit the ground, though. Finally, it feels like spring.

Heh, that mechanical owl makes me think of some comic strip character. :P
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 am

I agree. These kinds of people give conservatives and Christians a bad name. Sort of like grape-nuts. Grape-nuts are neither grapes nor nuts, and these fit the picture.

And I really like Bubo. He really provides the comic relief that makes the movie delightful.

Enter Bubo

Party! Party!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Mmmmmm Grape-Nuts. Love 'em, especially covered in Fat-Free French Vanilla yogurt. ;) Maybe we should dip Rose's Grape-Nuts in a vat of the same? =:)

Can't say I ever liked Bubo, and the old CotT movie has definitely not aged gracefully, LOL. Special efffects have come looong way, baby! ;)

*sigh* Stooopfid Spring Blizzard. It's now a white world out there again. Apparently, we're in for 1-3 cm of this stuff. Ah well, like I've said before, we need the moisture. :roll:

I'll just keep telling myself that. It's either that, or break out the skis again . . . LOL.

SilverScribe

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 pm

So sorry to hear of your snow Scribbles darlin. It appears that the minute your weather goes cold ours warms up. We had the most beautiful day today. Though the wind blew some!!

They say that the weather will get wet again and blustery again very soon! :roll:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 am

HHHEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOO the house!!

And happy Friday to everyone, whether you are working or not, free from bondage and servitude this weekend or not, it is still a great time to be alive on the planet.

Still cold, wet, windy and rainy here. Tomorrow is supposed to be clearer and then Sunday it moves in again and no let up from that point on.

Rose, I did see that your area will lose the snow you got. Warmer temps and rain on the way?

Rowan, feels like spring? :clap: :D

Scribbles, YUKKY. Sorry about the white stuff in your playgound.

CR, wow that is one old clip. I couldn't watch it all, but I remember it. :D Have a great day.

Vanadarlin', you have had lovely sunshine? Not here, not for quite a while actually. But happy that you got it. :D

:hihi: Okay, off to fight the Friday battles.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:43 am

It was in the 70s yesterday. It's in the low 40s today. :shock:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:08 am

Hi all! :hihi:

It's about 40 F ( 6C ) here today.. cold, but the sun is shining. :) Tomorrow will be warmer, but rain.

Scribbles.. sorry to hear of the snow .. I hope it melts quickly and doesn't destroy any of your newly growing plants!

Summer will come.. it will.. eventually!

Grape-nuts, hey? Hm... well, if that were the case.. I'd feed them to my dog
:twisted: and be done with it!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:24 am

Howdy all!! It is bright with sunshine again today!! :clap: I am so happy. I guess I am the flower that needs the sun to bloom and be productive or whatever. If I don't get some sunshine then I become all gloomy and sad. This has sure helped with my mood. :D

That cast does look too tight at the hand. How did you sleep last night Scribbles darlin?? I remember one of my casts had a sharpish edge that dug into my foot when I would walk so I worked the edge by constantly bending it away from my foot. It finally broke loose some so that it wasn't digging in but it probably weakened that area of the cast. Oh well!!!!

I still remember after my foot surgery how it looked with my little fat swollen purple toe sausages sticking out of the cast end! :roflmbo: It was quite comical actually. It is rather amazing how big with swelling things can get and still not burst! :shock:

So how is everyone today???
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:28 am

I am just watching Chililicious TV. At 11:03am the first people came in and now the restaurant is 1/2 full and they are expecting a party at noon with 12 people. It is fun to watch from here and see what everyone is eating. ;)

I am doing well, looking forward to the weekend.

Glad the sun is shining for you my flowerful friend. :D

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:29 am

rwhen, I didn't know you were a voyeur! :P

I'm thinking I should walk up the street for a cup of coffee before I'm left alone in the office... :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:29 am

I hope it shine for you this weekend dear sister of my heart!!!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 am

Iris, when it comes to food, you can pretty much assume that I am as grotty as they get. Voyeurism is just the tip of the iceberg!! :P

Get that coffee, you will feel the warmth.

Thank you my SSOTH!!! For you too. At least the forecast is positive. :hug: When are you going shopping for your shrubbery with your bonus?

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 am

I got the flavor of the day...chocolate raspberry!! We got a coffee shop just around the corner in february and they're doing very good business. :)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 am

Halloooo da thread!!!

Vanaladiel wrote:That cast does look too tight at the hand. How did you sleep last night Scribbles darlin??

Thanks for asking Vana, I spent an absolutely miserable night. Between the gale force winds that rattled and literally shook the house all night and the burning throbbing pain in my left wrist/hand, I doubt I slept more than an hour at a time.

I called my doc's office this morning and they got me a 2pm appointment at the cast clinic today, after which I'll hike to the train station and go home. My Test Lead said I look tired and advised me to just knock off for the rest of the day, especially since my smoke testing for today is done and we don't get the new Build until Monday anyway. I love my Test Lead. :love:

The wind is supposed to die off this afternoon and the sun is out, so it's not a total crap day. :P The roads are already wet or nearly dry and the next bit of moisture we may see is supposed to be mixed rain/snow, so that's not bad.

Catch y'all later!

SilverScribe

Postby rowanberry » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

HELLLOOOOOO! :hihi:

And, bye almost at the same, I can't keep my eyes open much longer...

Have a good weekend, Rwhen! :hug: I'll probably see the other usual suspects some time tomorrow and/or on Sunday. :wink:
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Rowan!!! I know that I posted somewhere asking about your Friday dance class. Sorry that I missed you, I have been too engrossed with Chililicious TV today. ;) Have a lovely weekend, may it be warmer and you see more flowers. :hug:

Ah Scribbles. :hug: <-------- for your hand :( I am sorry that this is being a pain for you, literally. I probably won't be here when you get back, so I will wish and hope fervently that they are able to take some pressure off for you. Have a lovely weekend.

Iris, chocolate raspberry sounds delightful and isn't it cool when something you want opens close to you? :D

:hihi:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 pm

oooooooooh chocolate raspberry.. Culvers frozen custard has a flavor called 'Raspberry cordial' which is vanilla frozen custard with fresh raspberries and chocolate chunks in it. It is my favorite & I try to have it once a year.. but they don't have it but a few times a year as a flavor of the day.. so I never know when it's going to be.

Scribbles.. I hope things get better. :( :hug:

rwhen.. do people know they are being watched or is that like a security camera??
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 pm

They are security cameras. And we need one more in there, someone skipped two nights ago and the ONE table that you can't see is where they were sitting. Go figure.

I mean, if you KNOW what to look for, you know there are cameras. But I would think the average person would just think they were part of the sound system or lighting. ;)

Right now there are three, and they could use four. But I enjoy watching the people come and go, what they choose to eat. Watching my niece scurry about like an ant trying to keep up. She does very well at it.

And now I am headed to the Winco for a half hour to pick up a birthday cake for the same niece, who will be 28 tomorrow.

Be back in about a half hour.

:hihi:

Caio pecansiesssss!! <-----just between us!! :D :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Well, thank the Lord and all his angels, Frank was at the Cast Clinic!!

he cut the tight cast off and you could see the impression of the tricot stocking dented into my skin!! :shock: He let my arm breathe for a bit and even let me put some cream on it to relieve the dryness and itch. That's what had been burning . . .

Although this cast is a bit bulkier than the last, he made it that way because he added extra padding around all the sore spots. I love that man. :D

Now I just have to wait for the usual soreness to subside, but already it feels loads better . . . :)

Now if only this horrible wind would blow itself out!!! :angry:

I think I'm gong to go have a nap before tonight. Our friend Laura and her two boys and one of the girlfriends are swinging by later for Pool and Pizza. ;)

Have a grrrrreat Friday evening/Saturday y'all!!

SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive