Home Alone 3 - HELLLLOOOOOOO!!

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Chocolate Raspberry! Yum!

Here comes the LOTR

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby RoseMorninStar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 pm

rwhennie pecansie... is the restaurant a full-service? For some reason I figured it was counter service .. you know.. pay first & then it's delivered to the table.. that would cut back on skipping out. sheesh.. that's terrible!

SCRIBBLES!! I am SO happy for you! Having a cast has to be miserable enough without having a lousy cast! I hope it's much better very soon.
Three cheers for Frank! HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Helllllooooooo....

When I logged in, there were something like two other people around. Now, there seem to be a few more.

Scribbles, that Frank really seems to know his job. 8) Hooray for that!
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm

rowanberry wrote:Scribbles, that Frank really seems to know his job. 8)
Hooray for that!

Yep, he sure does. :D

Here's his handiwork complete with your lovely flower doodles, rowanberry. ;)

Bad colour I know, but my flash gacked. i need a new camera . . . :roll:

Sooooo tired. The wind has howled for two solid nights (so very little sleep), we had friends in until late last night (got to bed at 2 am), then other friends rousted us out of bed at 9 am to go for breakfast/brunch...

The wind has FINALLY died so i'm heading for my pillows for some much needed ZZZ's.

:hihi: g'night !!
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Scribbles! That is one lovely well made cast! Huzzah! :)

I know you need a good nights sleep.. but how lovely that it is friends keeping you busy at both ends! :)
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby heliona » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Phew, caught up. :)

Okay, I'll just summarise:

Scribbles, glad you got your cast sorted. :thumbsup:

Rose, I'm sorry to hear about the results of your election. Here's hoping that everyone else will veto everything that the nutjobs suggest. :hug:

rwhen, great news about the restaurant and that your niece sounds like she's taking to the waitressing.

I've done some gardening this weekend, since it has been lovely and warm. Thanks to Runesie I now have blogger.com account, which I believe is open to everyone, and have posted about my little forays into the garden. So if you want to see a couple of photos, pop on over there (there should be a link in my signature).

I'd comment about Clash of the Titans but I haven't seen either version (and it took me ages to realise what CoT stood for!).
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Helonia! That is so nice! I loved the pictures (how nice to have such a nice privacy fenced-in yard!) but I will have to return to read the blog. The sun is shining & it's not too cold, so I must get out & rake our yard!

Scribbles.. I've just been looking at the Canada map.. trying to decide.. if we make it all the way up to Vancouver, Canada which way we will return home... there are not many roads between Vancouver & .. say Calgary, are there? Or actually I was kind of looking for a road that would go from Vancouver to Helena, Montana. We don't have many choices! :P Well, unless one wants to take the extreme scenic route!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Haaalllooooo da thread!!!! :D

RoseMorninStar wrote:Scribbles.. I've just been looking at the Canada map.. trying to decide.. if we make it all the way up to Vancouver, Canada which way we will return home... there are not many roads between Vancouver & .. say Calgary, are there?

There's LOTS of roads between Vancouver, BC and Calgary, AB . . . ;) . . . the trouble is, as you say, they tend to be the extreme scenic-type routes and so will consume lots of time.

If you want the best way to get from Vancouver to Helena, Montana, i'll ask my hubby. He drives for a living and he knows ALL the best routes in both Canada and the continental US, hands down. :D

I'm assuming you want the quickest, most direct route, yes? :) Or do you want the best way in terms of missing a lot of trafic, even if it takes a few hours more? :)

heliona, lovely pictures! The sunshine and green grass look sooo inviting, your garden is going to look so wonderful when you're done . . . :)

*whew* I can't believe it's Sunday evening alreadyl This weekend went far too fast and the next one looks to be the same, what with our Car Clubs huge fundraiser coming up on Saturday. Gah. no rest for the wicked, i see, LOL . . .

:D:D:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Scribbles, our plans, at this time (subject to change based on the availability of time) are to drive the most direct/quickest route to San Francisco.. (probably I-80) Actually our first stop will be Yosemite National park east of San Francisco, we will stay there a day or two.. then on to San Francisco.

We plan to stay about 5 days in SF & then travel up the coast a bit (route 1 maybe! I'm not sure what section is the most scenic/most advisable to drive) to The Redwood national Forest.. stay a day or two .. then up to Crater lake. If things go as planned we will stop for a day or two day in the Portland area to visit rwhen and see Columbia gorge/waterfall.. and have some Chililicious! :)

After Portland we will drive up to the Olympic National park to see the rainforest and then on to Seattle and go to the port area where rwhen mooted and said it was so nice to shop.

After that.. it's up to Vancouver, BC to visit the 2010 Olympic area. Eru has promised to show us around so we'll spend a few days there before making the big push for home.

At that point we will already have done so much driving.. as you can see..we are not sure how circuitous of a route we want to take! Hubby has always wanted to see Montana.. so we thought to drive through there on the way back.. and I thought perhaps we would be able to drive through Canada from Vancouver to .. say.. the Glacier National Park in Montana.. but it seems there are no direct routes. From Montana however we can hop on I-90 or I-94 and we will have a straight shot home. I've heard that driving through eastern Washington state is kinda boring.

There are other people we may see at some point.... So many lovely people, so little time!

I think that would be the equivalent of driving from .. France or Germany to China.. :shock: And if our daughter gets a job before then.. it might throw a wrench into all our plans! :P
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 am

Helloooooooo and good morning to ya! :D

<------ The TVM is going on vacation!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 am

HHHEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO the house!!!! (reaffirmed after watching Out of Africa this weekend)

Scribbles, excellent news on the better cast. Also, really happy that you have spent time with Laura and family and that friends are a large part of your life. I think it is an important thing. :D But why did you blow the winds down this way? Sister friend, take them back please. :P

Rose. No, the restaurant is full service. Cloth napkins and all. Very nice really. The weekend was huge and very busy according to the Brother today. The plans for your trip sound excellent, very full...but all the places you are going are going to be magical and memorable. The place in Seattle is Pikes Market. You can Google it and see all there is there.

Also, just a thought, if you drive up I-5 (might be 101, I will check) from SF and then make a left in Yreka (I will check that) and head over to the coast from there, you will see glorious redwoods AND the upper CA/OR coastline. Brookings, which is right over the boarder from CA is a great place to stop for the night after leaving CA. Then the next day a pretty easy drive up to Portland. Just some thoughts.

Hello Iris. :D

heliona your blog spot is lovely. Very fancy looking to my way of thinking and all your pictures are great. :D Keep up the great work on it, if it brings you some happiness. How is Wilko doing?

Rowan, there were only a few people when I got on this morning as well, three others to be exact. I usually forget to even check it out, but I did today. I was looking to see if Rodia was on. :(

CR, don't work too hard, get through it and then enjoy two days off. :D

:hihi:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 am

Hallloooooo da thread! :)

Rose, gotcha. The best route would probably to head south on BC3, you can drop into the States between Grand Forks and Christina Lake or continue West on #3, which is one of the most beautiful in BC, and dip south later. There's just so much spectacular mountain scenery to be seen in BC and Alberta, but if you're wanting to go home on as direct as possible, you'll have to miss some of it. ;) Which means an excuse to come back . . . :D I'll check with hubby when he gets home on Thursday and tell him your plans so far, he'll definitely know the best way home for y'all. ;) Oh, by the way, where is "home" again? A city to aim for will help him out a lot . . . ;) :D

rwhen, sorry about the winds but you'll have to bend the Big Guy's ear for that. I mean, the Scribe is a pretty cool character, but weather control is definitely beyond her! ;)

Hehehe, working from home today. Which is sweet, even if it is the result of a bad night with a cranky stomach. Very unusual for me, I usually have a cast-iron gut but the hubby's stir fry was definitely on the extra spicy side . . . ;)

:hihi: all! Have a great day!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 am

Tummy problems, Scribbles? Sorry to hear that. But you are still working today even with the tummy upset? Good for you, the tech that called in sick on Friday with a cold, called in sick today with food poisoning. I am pretty accepting.....but, I have a weird feeling about this guy. We shall see.

Also the sky seems to be lightening a bit. :clap: So maybe the Scribe DID do something after all. :D ;)

Rose lives in SW Wisconsin. If she wants to give more, then I will let her do it. ;)

But the trip sounds like great fun to me.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:47 am

rwhen, my stomach is fine now, it settled sometime in the wee hours of the morning. But i lost pretty much the whole night and figured I'd make up at least a couple of hours of missed sleep this morning instead of physically commuting to the office. My Test Lead is very understanding, and it's not like I'm not working . . . well . . y'know what I mean. ;)

Our sun has come out too, so I've hung my first laundry of the season out on the deck to dry. :D Mmmmmm . . . it's gonna smell sooooo good. :)

Okay, must work for a bit, Build is up.

Later!

SilverScribe

Postby heliona » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 am

Thank you. I can't take much credit for the blog spot, though - I basically just picked a layout and added my own photo and background. :D I got one to follow Amrunelen and since I post to Livejournal, I'm essential cross-posting most of the time, and this one has the advantage that you don't have to be logged in to see it. :)

Wilko is doing all right - busy working as per usual. I'm hoping that now the weather is getting better we can start to enjoy the back garden, although I will be working weekend again soon. And I'm being swapped from one watch to another fairly shortly at work, right before my exams, which I'm not particularly happy about. I'm going to discuss it with my boss on Wednesday. I don't know why they have to swap me anyway, but I guess that's just the way things are here - not nearly as well-managed as my previous job. :roll:

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 am

That is too bad on your job. I would think that you have just got used to your shifts as it is. Did they give a reason why they want to change your shifts around now? There certainly must be a reason for doing so. Odd, eh?

Give Wilko our best. And what I know about blogging is next to nothing, but I like to check out what friends are doing on their own websites. :D Your looks great, even WITH help from Runesies.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:28 am

Well, my line manager is going on maternity leave shortly, and also because someone retired a few months ago and we are hiring a new starter, I knew there were going to be watch changes, but I expected to be safe since I'm still under training. Apparently my upper manager wants me to change shifts before I take my exams, which I think is fairly pointless because I'm essentially not part of the watch for May because I'm on days for studying (and thus not taking part in the watch) and then in the second half I'm taking exams. :roll:

Also, the Helsinki moot was handily taking place whilst I was on my days off, but if I change shifts, then it will clash, so I'll have to take that off. And I'm going to insist that I manage to book in my holidays. Another person off my watch is supposed to be moving too (although he has applied for another job and is on a standby list, which my upper manager doesn't know yet :D) - someone else will be moving onto our old watch. I've no idea what is happening but it sounds ridiculous and needlessly complicated and somewhat pointless (not to mention badly managed). :bang:

Looks like it might be one more reason to be looking for another job.

heliona

Postby basil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:53 am

heliona wrote:I've done some gardening this weekend . . .

So have I. I planted a couple of tomato plants ( what are "toe may toes", preshussss! :) ) and will put in some spinach and radishes which are always a good start for a year's garden.

I promised Vana some news at work which I told her I'd save for TORC as we chatted a bit on FB, so here it is. An interesting story, I think.

Our theater chain has had some problems with their site in Wichita, which I won't go into, because I don't know half the story ( but what I do know is pretty bad ) and it's not important to what I want to say.

Therefore, our manager here was sent to clean up the place in Wichita and we obviously needed to replace him. And so our asst. manager has been promoted to our general manager, but he can't be that officially yet, because he's not 21 until next month. He's really an amazingly fine fellow, and yes, still somewhat of a kid, but he is very good at running our place.

Rose, we have our version of the pack of elected Minions of Mordor down here as well. Our state legislature ( as in other states too, to be fair about it ) can't seem to run the state very well, so it's official now, my public school career is likely over, I've been cut.

rwhen wrote:No, the restaurant is full service. Cloth napkins and all. Very nice really.

I betcha they make sure the forks are clean too. I'm at work, so am blocked from linking to the appropriate Python youtube.

b
Last edited by basil on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basil
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 am

basil wrote:
heliona wrote:I've done some gardening this weekend . . .

So have I. I planted a couple of tomato plants ( what are "toe may toes", preshussss! :) ) and will put in some spinach and radishes which are always a good start for a year's garden.

I promised Vana some news at work which I told her I'd save for TORC as we chatted a bit on FB, so here it is. An interesting story, I think.

Our theater chain has had some problems with their site in Wichita, which I won't go into, because I don't know half the story ( but what I do know is pretty bad ) and it's not important to what I want to say.

Therefore, our manager here was sent to clean up the place in Wichita and we obviously needed to replace him. And so our asst. manager has been promoted to our general manager, but he can't be that officially yet, because he's not 21 until next month. He's really an amazingly fine fellow, and yes, still somewhat of a kid yet, but he is very good at running our place.

Rose, we have our version of the pack of elected Minions of Mordor down here as well. Our state legislature ( as in other states too, to be fair about it ) can't seem to run the state very well, so it's official now, my public school career is likely over, I've been cut.

rwhen wrote:No, the restaurant is full service. Cloth napkins and all. Very nice really.

I betcha they make sure the forks are clean too. I'm at work, so am blocked from linking to the appropriate Python youtube.

b

So does that mean you might become the assistant manager? Or can you give enough hours for that with teaching as well?

And YES the silverware is cleaned VERY well and then polished before being wrapped in the cloth napkins. :D

Hi basillly, good on you that you got some gardening done!! Back breaking work, always was for me. What sort of toe-may-toes did you plant? I love HEIRLOOMS.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby basil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 pm

rwhen wrote:So does that mean you might become the assistant manager? Or can you give enough hours for that with teaching as well?

No. I tried learning the ropes for that, but we need someone who really knows what he's doing and with the summer season coming up and kiddie shows and chaotic fun approaching, I won't be ready in time for that, with the end of the school year here. So another fellow, younger than our present youngster manager, is getting ready for that position. And he's a better choice as he's been around longer. It's a bit odd, all my professional life has been ordering kids around, and now I'm being ordered around by a bunch of kids.

Irony, anyone? :)

good on you that you got some gardening done!! Back breaking work, always was for me. What sort of toe-may-toes did you plant? I love HEIRLOOMS.

"Sun". And some little grape-shaped ones too, "Roma".

b
basil
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:33 pm

basil wrote:"Sun". And some little grape-shaped ones too, "Roma".b

The full-size "Roma' is also an excellent toe-may-toe . . .;) Good for both eating (unlike Hobbits ;) ) and also for sauce, salsa, bruschetta, etc., etc. I plant 'em every year. :D

Sorry to hear you've been cut from teaching, basil. Will you look for another position?

Our City council, and most especially our Mayor, are also minions of Mordor. What's worse, they're also Wanton Wingnuts of Waste . . . :P Never seen a city that can spend so much money and get so little done . . . :roll:

Oh, and in case anyone is interested, i got some new pictures of the cast, with proper colour now . . .

rowanberry's flowers

rwhen's mushrooms

Hiril's LOTR Hotties

Last edited by SilverScribe on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverScribe

Postby basil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:05 pm

"Wanton Wingnuts"?

:rofl:

That is very good!

As for the other, I'm looking and like Iris, sending out "resumes" to "resume" my career.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Oh Basilllllllly.. I am so sorry to hear of the demise of your current teaching position. What I find terribly frustrating is that it seems these 'conservatives' are so anti-education, anti-science, anti-technology, (we're all a bunch of liberal elitists, don'tcha know) but then they scream & holler when China & India are advancing & taking over our jobs.

The Middle East, at one time, was the center of education and learning.. algebra, astronomy, etc.. but when religious fundamentalism took over.. everything stopped. And now, what has the Middle East become? A hot bed or radical crazies.

Rwhen and Scribbles, Thanks for the advice/ideas! Keep 'em coming! I'm going to be keeping track of the suggestions as I make plans.

Scribbles, we live not too far Northwest of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

helonia.. sorry to hear about the trials with your job as well. That's the pits when scheduling conflicts mess up previously made plans. :(

As for gardening, even though we seem to be having an early Spring.. I wouldn't even think of planting outdoors (unless I had a mini green house or something) until after Memorial weekend. But basilly.. your garden sounds lovely. I should make a larger proper garden. It will be hard this year though.. as we intend to be gone for 3-4 weeks at planting time.

Oh.. and rwhen.. I had no idea Chililious was a full-serve real napkin kind of place! :shock: I figured it was more like.. oh.. the place down on the corner.. a brew & a burger.. kind of a sport bar.. where you might find peanut shells on the floor.
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 pm

basillly, I have no doubt that something is going to happen with the teaching. I just sort of feel it. While I know that those jobs are hard to get, just keep plugging away at it. I need someone to help in the office, interested? :D:D:D

Rose, Chililicious. I wish you could see the site on camera, it would explain much. But I would call it a sports place that serves chili? He has three large screen TV's. All the help were chef's jackets and aprons, all the shirts are logo'd with the brand. Very nice actually.

Looks like at least the rest of this week, weather is going to continue to be warmer for you folks. After that I don't know. ;) How is everything else? Mica?

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Oh my.. I just checked the weather for our area. Indeed, it does look like we are going to have a couple of nice days! Huzzah!

Hopefully we will be able to have the Chililicious experience in person in the not-to-distant future! :) I didn't realize it was a classy joint. I might have to get new clothes... :o

Mica had her wisdom teeth removed over her Spring break, she also moved out of her old dorm room (a bad, stressful situation) into a much better situation across campus. She was having daily headaches.. all school year.. and now they are gone. We don't know if it was the removal of the wisdom teeth or getting out of the toxic situation with her abusive room mate.. either way.. it's a very good thing. :D
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Nice days are so booring :wink: bring on some more thunderstorms
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 pm

I love nice days with rainy nights. The air then smells so fresh and the sound of the rain helps me to sleep peacefully. But the days are beautiful and easy to enjoy!! :D

We worked on our garden Sunday. We spent almost $200.00 for new plants, a dogwood tree and a Jasmine plant as well as a dish for a birdbath that I am making of an old stump. It is looking good!! We tore out the shrubs from the front of the house and have planted Columbines, Creeping Phlox (3 colors), Johnny Jump ups and something else that flowers. It slips my mind right now. Tonight I sprinkled some Snapdragon seeds around the other plants too. We also planted some Rosemary, Chives and Cilantro. I will get pictures tomorrow to share on the internet so that you can see what we have done. I cant wait for summer to be out and enjoy the plants and my garden. :D Out back we planted the dogwood and I potted one of the plants I bought. It looks like a carnation but it isn't called that. I also put in a different type of phlox (not creeping) and we did some weeding. We also put in a Clematis off the end of the garden. So we will have to build a new trellis for it that works also as a fence at the end of the garden. Later this summer we hope to get busy on the back patio. Clearing the ground and laying pea gravel and 12 X 12 bricks for the patio.
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 am

Wow, Vana, you have been busy! It sounds as though your garden is going to look gorgeous in the summer when everything is out and blooming. :)

Ah, yes, work. Grr! Well, I go in tomorrow to hash things out, but I'm stating right away that I'm not cancelling anything that is already planned and booked around when I thought I was going to be off. It's not on them moving me just before my exams either - and I don't see the point because I'm not going to be a useful member of the watch for very long before I go into study mode. Still, they're a wee bit odd. I'm fairly sure I'll get a more sensible response out of my new line manager as opposed to the overall boss. :roll:

heliona

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am

Hallloooo da thread!!!

Back in the orifice today :D, and a busy one it'll be too. Must pick up some stuff for our fundraiser, off to lunch with the Aged P, too much testing and too little time, finish the Aged P's tax return and then load the car for after-work errands tomorrow . . . :shock:

Good thing though, last night I finished and filed my own taxes . . . *whew*

Now if I can only find the time to dig out my home office office . . . :roll:

Wow Vana, sounds like you've had a productive time already! I can't wait to see the pics. :D

:hihi: Have a good one! Later!

Last edited by SilverScribe on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverScribe

Postby rowanberry » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am

Hellllooooo!

Love your cast, Scribbles! 8)

basil, sorry to hear that your teaching job got cut. :( I think someone said that just in Kansas, they're cutting a lot from the education, closing a huge number of schools etc. Minions of Mordor, indeed! Hope something else comes in your way. :hug:

Heliona, the management of your current job really seems to be quite inept in some respect. :roll:

My day has been as usual. Busy, but at least now I've caught up with all the analysis reports, which means some kind of a breather.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive