It's 5 o'clock somewhere on the TVM.....

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 pm

YES! YES!!! Now you've got this song by the Who going off in my head:

I'm Free-Tommy

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby notlistening » Thu May 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Schenectady.

Always wondered how that town was spelt. That's a longish run. I'll just watch. Are you gonna get real mohawks to run with? :twisted:

Wenchie, hope son can get some muscle movement soonish.

Scribbles, people wouldn't call you a looney if they knew about the sword. ;) And I often sound odd when telling folks here about you guys. Though I agree with the song that says: "My life would suck without you." as you guys are fabulous! :hug:

Calma, have a fun 4 days! Eat some pizza for me!

Rowan, you go to more concerts than my boss does and she likes her rock and roll.

Pay day for me today. 2nd of my fortnightly pays. I will be short for the rent (as the next rent day falls before the next pay day) so big brother better give me some of the money he loaned me before then.
TVM...the best place in the 'verse.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Morwenna » Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 pm

SilverScribe wrote::shock: Sounds like you broke it good, Morwenna! What bones did you break, or can you remember?

Shattered the ball on the tip of the radius. (Running for the bus, tripped and fell forward...) They had to do a jigsaw puzzle on me. The cast went past my elbow, because when they tried to stop the cast below the elbow, it pulled their work out. So for 4 weeks I had the full cast, from above-elbow to mid-hand (about where yours is), then after 4 weeks they cut the elbow part off. Flexing the elbow then wasn't a problem, but rotating the arm gave me shooting pains! But then 2 weeks later the rest of it came off, then I had to go through therapy to get my flexibility back. Unfortunately I didn't pursue the therapy thing right away, after the first couple sessions, because it was winter by then (Standard Time) and dark out, and I don't drive, and I was commuting to work on a train and 2 buses already, feeling way too vulnerable... So in the spring my friends coerced me into following up on the therapy. Maybe I'd have got full motion back if I'd done it right away, who knows. But it doesn't really hamper me now. The worst of it was, until I could "palm-up," I couldn't play guitar! I couldn't handle the fretboard!

And while I had the whole cast on, I had 4 whole shirts in my wardrobe that fit over it. I wore long-sleeved blouses in those days, no pullovers. I couldn't button the sleeve on my good arm, so I'd get to work and ask the first person I saw to do my sleeve! And it was cold weather, and coats wouldn't fit either; good thing I was in the SCA and had a cloak! Well, when that cast finally went bye-bye, guess which shirts went straight into the trash!! :D
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Thu May 13, 2010 4:35 pm

rowanberry wrote:t0by, hope you're already feeling better. :hug:

Well...I think...the cold/flu/whatever it was is gone, but it may have been replaced by radiation fatigue/weakness (i think the docs mentioned that could happen for a couple of weeks after finishing treatment) All i have the energy to do almost is to just sit on my couch, with my head lolliong to one side and panting like a dog.

the main problem is my leg hurts like crazy whenever i go to bend it at the hip (like when sitting or standing) unless i take a good 5 minutes to slowly extend my leg, and walking....no fun. I think i may call the doc tomorrow and see if this is normal. (tho im unsure if they can even do anything about it)

that and i cant sleep. fun times
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 pm

LOL, Calma. I know how you feel.

Wenchie hasn't been back here yet...hope I didn't scare her off. :D

nl... tell your bro you know some raccoons that'll come for a visit if he doesn't pay you back soon. ;)

Ouch. Toby, it doesn't hurt to ask about how/where they'd expect it to hurt. It may be 'normal' under the circumstances, but bug them about it anyway.

Althought I have no work tomorrow, I am still ready for bed now.

yawn.

Night, all. :D

3 rings to rule them all!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby SilverScribe » Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Woooo hoooo Calma!! Have a GRRRRRRREAT 4 DAYS OFF!!!! :D

LOL nl, I think the sword might tip their opinions over the edge from looney to full blown psycho . . . We'll just keep the sword our own secrit . . . ;) Unless you want to tell your brother about a crazed Canuck with a big broadsword who doesn't take kindly to brothers who borrow from their sisters and don't repay . . . :twisted:

Morwenna, that sounds like a terrible break, not to mention an uncomfortable recovery. Good that you healed up so well, joint breaks are always the most concerning ones. :) I guess I was pretty lucky that this came so close to the end of the truly cold weather, though I'm really hoping to lose the long arm cast before the hot weather . . . :shock:

ouch toby! See what the doc says about the leg first of course. But if the stiffness and/or pain is in the hip joint itself, glucosamine might ease that up for you. :) Keep us posted on your progress too. I know it's a long haul, but it will be over one day.

And yes, every time I have to go back and correct seventeen thousand one-finger typos, or wash my hair one-handed, or make two trips to carry stuff, I tell myself the exact same thing . . . ;)

LOL rowanberry, actually, the receptionists at the cast clinic were oooo-ng and aaaah-ing over the last one, so I can't wait to see their faces on the 20th when they get a load of this one . . . I'm hoping like a fiend that being back on my regular daily dose of liquid calcium and work out schedule will maybe boost the bone back into healing mode and I won't need another cast. While decorating them has been a blast, I'm really ready to be free again . . . ;)

Tooks, I know exactly how you feel. It's gonna be an early night here too, I think. ;)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby notlistening » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 pm

Tooks, I give you permission to go to bed now! Wish I could have an early night my own self but nooooo. Stoopfid me said I'd take photos for the local musical society tonight. On the upside, I may get a cast photo in the local paper... :shock:

Yeah, I don't think the bro would be too bothered about a broadsword weilding chick who's halfway across the world...because you're halfway across the world. :roll: But he has promosed by wednesday.

Toby, rest up!
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 13, 2010 11:18 pm

Toby my friend! :hug: I am hoping you feel some better very soon.

Atrophy is not fun to deal with but it is something that with a little time one can overcome and get stronger from. Luckily it is not something that is irreparable. I did not walk for almost three months when I was 14. I had an infection in my leg that caused loads of pain and I was so sick and weak from another illness on top of that so I stopped walking and pulled my legs up. I had to have therapy and rehab to get them straightened out again and strong enough to walk again. I did it in just a few short weeks so I know it can be done with persistence and hard work. :D
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri May 14, 2010 6:24 am

Yay Calma! :D :happydance:

Toby: :hug:

nl: doesn't it look like a bizarre swear word? Or a sneeze? :D

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Calma » Fri May 14, 2010 10:34 am

Well, on to plan B.

My bff Lora woke up really, really, sick this morning.
Won't go into the details, needless to say, it wasn't pretty.
So she won't be coming over today.

Left to my own devices again.
Off to Subway for a foot long club then down to business on the next scenario for the game.

Yeah, disappointed that she can't come over, but stuff happens.
Still it beats being at work.

Happy Friday to the lot of ya.

Happy Saturday to nl and Tyg.

Later...
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri May 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Amen, sista!!!

:D

Not doing much today, my own self.

:whistle:

Tis nice to not have 18 million deadlines. :D:D:D

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Fri May 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Tookish_Traveler wrote:

Amen, sista!!!

Not doing much today, my own self.

:whistle:

Tis nice to not have 18 million deadlines. :D:D:D

Word...
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby SilverScribe » Fri May 14, 2010 6:54 pm

nl, that's good news. But maybe you could also throw in the fact that being a crazed Canuck also means that I have 'friends' all over the world who will do my bidding . . . "=:) He can't even begin to guess how easily i could have him hunted down and given the atomic wedgie of his life . . . :evilaugh: :evilaugh:

Gah. Work was day finally over and i come home (after a necessary stop at Wal Mart) only to discover that hubby has invited company over for this evening . . . *sigh*

Ah well. Guess I should go get into some presentable clothes, LOL . . .

On a brighter note, i also found that my sweet, adorable neighbor from down the street (a retired elderly lady named Bernadette) had dropped off some genuine homemade English Scones for me with a note to "heal up quick!" :love: I am soooo looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning!

Have a great evening all!

SilverScribe

Postby oldtoby » Fri May 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Well heres the stupidest thing you'll hear all month....

The calendar i bought in December is defective. I mean comeon people!!! You screw up...a CALENDAR!! How hard is it to take 31 empty squares and put a number in each one?

Apparently too hard for this company.

:bang:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Fri May 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Ahhh, gees, t0bY, if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. :roll:
Looks like you have a 'write-in' calendar.
Could be valuable someday....
*ducks flying objects from teh tobster...*

My wrists hurt.
It sucks when arthritis runs in the family.

I just did a spell check on my post.
Ya know what's freaky?
It caught "teh" but let "tobster" pass.
Weird.

*invites herself to brekkie at the Scribes*
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Gamgee Wench » Sat May 15, 2010 4:20 am

A calendar got it wrong???? Wow.....that is pitiful Toby. sheesh.

Hey Tooks, you didn't scare me away, but seriously.....its a SERIOUS marathon! :shock: I'm a walker....not a runner. Well, maybe in a year and a half.
I proposed this marathon to my hubby as we walked in the park last night (we are walking almost everyday now....good for us!) and he told me to post this to you Tooks....and I quote "ROTFLMAO"..... :D (Actually, when he first said it he got the letters all messed up, but I corrected him on his messageboard venacular.) I know exactly where the marathon is, pretty bike path.

Now, whether we run this or not....we would definitely be there to cheer you on! 8) :rofl: and you would have a free place to stay....I'd feed you. And....the Friehofers Run for Women is next week...are ya running?

Supposed to be a beautiful day here today. Got to go to a memorial service for an old friend who passed away in the winter, then later in the day dinner with a bunch of old and dear friends who came to town for the memorial service....should be nice. :)
Gamgee Wench
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 15, 2010 5:48 am

LOL Wenchie. So the hubby thought it was funny. :D:D:D

That's why I suggested next year (not this year). It takes while to go 26.2 miles. I think they have a walking division for the half marathon..... (cough).

Yes. Tis a nice day here, after some big storms came through last evening.
sheesh.

I think I'm going for a bike ride now. :D:D:D

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 am

Toby, I know I shouldn't but :lmbo: :rofl: :lmbo:

Maybe you should write a strongly worded letter to the company.

Scribbles: I want an English neighbor! :D

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Hiril Elfwraith » Sat May 15, 2010 9:14 am

How can a calendar even be defective? :?

This being Saturday, I stubbornly refused to get up until just about 11:30. :P It's noon and I'm in the process of eating breakfast.

I'll be goin' on a hike with me daddy later on. Of course, I have to do a load of clothes and clean a bathroom first per Mom's instructions. Rats.
Hiril Elfwraith
Rider of the Mark

Postby oldtoby » Sat May 15, 2010 9:56 am

when it says:

Fri- May 7
Sat- blank
Sun- May 8
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby rowanberry » Sat May 15, 2010 12:05 pm

So, according to the calendar company's calendar, what day are we living today?

Yay for Calma's four days off! :clap: Sorry that your bff fell ill, though. I think she might have the same bug that both of my parents had last weekend.

I had a busy day yesterday. First, we went to the police station to apply for an official ID to the younger daughter; now that she turns 18, we can take her with us to concerts that have an age limit, but she looks something like 14 so she really has to prove her age! And in the evening, I went to see the semifinals of the dance contest where two of my dance teachers were competing, one solo, and the other with her dance group. Unfortunately, the solo dancer had sprained her ankle a couple of days earlier, and it clearly affected her performance, so she got dropped out. :( But, the group of the other teacher made it to the finals! :yippie: That won't be until in September, though, and they'll have to do a new number for it. Let's see then how they'll manage!
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 15, 2010 2:16 pm

....clean a bathroom first per Mom's instructions. Rats.

OOoo. Bathroom cleaning. Tops on my list of fun things to do. :P

:D:D:D:D

t0by, at least you caught the error. Otherwise you'd really be in the past. :D:D

Good luck to rowan's dance instructor!!

And now.... the dog is waiting to be fed. 8)

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby oldtoby » Sat May 15, 2010 2:18 pm

according to my calendar today is the 14th
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 15, 2010 3:56 pm

You want me to tell you who won the Preakness? You'll make a bundle!!

;)

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby SilverScribe » Sat May 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Hiril, bathroom cleaning is a character-building exercise. Not to mention extremely necessary for general good health and a cootie-free home environment. ;) :D

LOL Iris! sets tea, fresh whipped cream, strawberry preserves and a plate of Bernadette's scones in front of Calma and Iris . . . I had two for breakfast this morning after hubby scooted off to a car show, and they were DIVINE!!! I love that woman . . . ;)

Oh man toby, I've never seen anything like that! I agree, a scathing letter to the company along with a photocoy of the defect would probably yield some hilarious results . . . ;)

rowanberry, good luck to your dance teachers and that's sad about the soloist's sprained ankle. :(

Oooo, to be "fed up" by Wenchie . . . sounds like heaven to me. ;) :D

Well, hubby called while running a quick errand last night that the "evening" was cancelled due to our company "bailing'. LOL! To be honest, i was ever so glad to hear it and promptly made myself some tea, ate a scone and crawled into bed early. ;)

Today was a good day. Hubby went off to a car show, and I begged off thinking that 6-8 hours sitting on frying hot pavement with a cast would not be a good time. i was right. ;) Sooo, instead, i got all the laundry done (and was able to hang it out, it was a gloriously sunny warm day with just a lovely light breeze), got four pictures framed, all the rock beds treated with Roundup and most important, I got my raspberries moved!! :yippie: Which is no mean trick with a cast on, lemme tell ya. It took me over a half an hour to get the sweatiness dried off with a blow dryer, LOL.

I also got the grass on the rest of the new garden patch shaved to the ground and treated with Roundup. Thatmeans next weekend, i can move my Rhubarb and properly plant my mini-cherry tree. :D

All in all, I got everything done that I wanted to get done. I'm one pooped but happy camper . . .

Have a great evening y'all !!!

SilverScribe

Postby Storyteller » Sun May 16, 2010 4:28 am

I just got a reply to an e-mail of mine... which I've written in August last year. Talk about snail mail!
"...Their aim in war with Germany is nothing more, nothing less than extermination of Hitlerism... There is absolutely no justification for this kind of war. The ideology of Hitlerism, just like any other ideological system, can be accepted or rejected, this is a matter of political views. But everyone grasps, that an ideology can not be exterminated by force, must not be finished off with a war.” - Vyacheslav Molotov, ""On the Foreign Policy of the Soviet Union", 31 October 1939
Storyteller
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun May 16, 2010 4:55 am

I just got a reply to an e-mail of mine... which I've written in August last year. Talk about snail mail!

:shock:

Well now I don't feel so bad about my packages never making it to Rodia.

:hihi: to all.

Scribbles, I agree about siting in the hot sun all day with a cast..... there's a bright side to wearing that thing... you get to stay home and gets lots done!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby rowanberry » Sun May 16, 2010 8:58 am

It's 5 o'clock in Britain in a few minutes. :P

Busy day, this one as well. I've made a long walk and some weeding, and this evening, I sure will be pooped...
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby SilverScribe » Sun May 16, 2010 2:14 pm

LOL Storyteller!! I am ashamed to admit that I have forgotten to answer some e-mails promptly my ownself . . . :blush:

Tookish_Traveler wrote:Scribbles, I agree about siting in the hot sun all day with a cast..... there's a bright side to wearing that thing... you get to stay home and gets lots done!

Well, "lots" is a relative term, but you're right!! I certainly got more done than I ever expected to . . . I just hope that after all the abuse i heaped on both my arms/hands yesterday, I haven't re-injured the silly thing. Then, I'd be bummed right out. However, I'm banking on the fact that in order to build calcium in bones, the doc says to take calcium supplements and "do weight bearing exercises". Well, that hand was certainly bearing weight yesterday, though i was pretty careful to not overload that hand as much as possible. ;)

Now, I'm going to plant my miniature cherry. Carefully. :D

Later!!

SilverScribe

Postby notlistening » Sun May 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Scribbles, you are a gardening machine! I am lucky that my peace lilly is still alive...but not for very much longer. :shock:

Tobt, they should send you a new proper calendar! :nono:

Wenchie, did the berries survive the storm? Yah for all the walking.

Elfwraith, cleaning bathrooms now gets you ready for when you move out of home. :wink:

Tooks, how'd the bike ride go?

Rowan, so much dancing going on in your neck of the woods. I should send my swing dancing friend over there.

I saw I, Don Giovanni yesterday. Not really into subtitled films much, but really enjoyed this one. Costumes and music were fabulous. Italians speak really FAAST!!

Hmm, new Doctor Who is getting better but I still miss David. :love:
notlistening
wandering not lost

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive